What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

On 5/10/2020 at 7:29 AM, Dadrian said:

This Paul Young was never in Miami Vice, but this song and a few others would have gone well. 

The other Paul Young (RIP) was one of the vocalists for Mike + the Mechanics, and we hear him on episode “Baby Blues”, song “Hanging by a Thread” when C&T dive through the window to narrowly escape the explosion. 

What serendipity. I’d just had this recommended on YouTube the other day and hadn’t heard it in FOREVER. Think I was looking around for Producer Rupert Hine and Cy Curnin of The Fixx who did the credits for Better Off Dead. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OCBman said:

Awesome. I bought that album for just that track. I think I overanalyzed it before but I love it when the synth comes in. Does it evoke anything in particular for you?

23 hours ago, cageyJG said:

Awesome. I bought that album for just that track. I think I overanalyzed it before but I love it when the synth comes in. Does it evoke anything in particular for you?

It's such a great piece of music. When I hear it, I'm constantly reminded of Castillo's mindset, which he expresses while the piece is being played in "Golden Triangle": 

"I have a thousand reasons to play "OK Corral" with Lao Li and Menton, but I'm a policeman.

I enforce the law. Equally applied. No special cases.

Maybe it sounds naive, but it's all I've got. It's what I believe in...and it's who I am."

For me, the piece evokes a wonderful sense of mystery and it accents Lieutenant Castillo perfectly.

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 7.59.35 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wish they'd used this in the film itself.

The complete score by Levay has sadly never been released. I hope that one day they release it along with his work for Mannequin. 

Edited by IzzyFan99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leigh Burne said:

I also long for a proper uncut release of the film itself, although it's seriously unlikely to happen.

I managed to get my hands on a rare extended TV cut of the film, but sadly the 2 hour X rated version probably doesn't exist anymore. 

• Like 1

I was listening to "The Things You Said" by Depeche Mode. It made me think of Sonny driving the Testarossa at night, deep in thought. Turns out someone else thought the same thing as as they used the song over the Love At First Sight montage scene. It's fair to say that the song works incredibly well with the visuals. The album itself is absolute gold.