What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

As a fanatic of soundtracks since my chidhood, actually, it is the new album for the next batman movie.

Michael Giacchino used to do better soundtracks ;( .

How mutch of you are movie musics lovers ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kladdagh said:

How mutch of you are movie musics lovers ?

I'm a fan of both.  I like great soundtrack music, and I like great video game music.   Nothing stirs me up like John Williams "The Reivers", and the last solid video game soundtracks I heard came from a recently-discovered Russian horror gem "Metro" (...discovered BEFORE this sad affair with Putin unfolded).  
Music is a purely human pastime, by way of its diversity.  Birds, whales, crickets, they are each stuck to his own type of music and can't cross-appreciate the way humans can).

• Like 1

Here is the music film “Urgh! A Music War.” It’s a concert film of new wave acts with performances all from 1980. The Police, Echo & The Bunnymen, Wall of Voodoo, Go-Go’s, etc. It starts out with The Police’s “Driven to Tears.” Amazing performance!

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, AndrewRemington said:

Here is the music film “Urgh! A Music War.” It’s a concert film of new wave acts with performances all from 1980. The Police, Echo & The Bunnymen, Wall of Voodoo, Go-Go’s, etc. It starts out with The Police’s “Driven to Tears.” Amazing performance!

Great stuff!

Also, I love "Roxanne" to close the film and "So Lonely" during the end credits. Thanks so much! 

• Like 1

The morals of this video are:

- ”When a keytar is mass manufactured with your name on it, you’re gonna melt everyone’s face with it”

- “Cool pants greatly enhance your guitar chops”

- “Even if you have a name as common as ‘Steve Smith’, you can still make one of the most important names in the history of drums for yourself”

- “If Herbie Hancock is watching, do your best” :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

The morals of this video are:

- ”When a keytar is mass manufactured with your name on it, you’re gonna melt everyone’s face with it”

- “Cool pants greatly enhance your guitar chops”

- “Even if you have a name as common as ‘Steve Smith’, you can still make one of the most important names in the history of drums for yourself”

- “If Herbie Hancock is watching, do your best” :)

Great video! Thanks for sharing, Dadrian.

When they go into the audience to introduce Herbie Hancock, I couldn't help but notice all the amazing hair on the fellas. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the subject of great cover art, here's a 1986 single by British guitarist Snowy White. I wonder what the inspiration was for the cover photo...

0.jpg

Edited by Leigh Burne
  • Like 3

On 2/25/2022 at 6:29 AM, Dadrian said:

@Marc for some reason this music made me think of a track from a PS1 video game called “Ridge Racer Revolution” (1993). Idk who made it, but the synth and guitar solos are amazing! Check it out:

https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/708299-Various-Ridge-Racer-Revolution

On 6/4/2022 at 9:52 PM, Marc said:

this isn't bad, only got 5k views when they've gone to the effort to make a video.

my favourite song is this one from 2003, Heiko Voss - I Think About You (Geiger Mix)

nice track

• Thanks 2