What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

On 7/3/2022 at 1:45 AM, Marc said:

this is some song, crazy energy. :rauchen:

reminds me of the Floyds

On 9/26/2022 at 6:44 AM, cageyJG said:

Pretty sure that a Ferrari would win in acceleration over that beautiful red Porsche but my data is - pure speculation.

Porsche would win over distance

On 9/27/2022 at 8:44 PM, apocalypse said:

I was wondering that Porsche acceleration but it turns out the 911 SC cabriolet is heavier than the coupe and was a bit slower.

https://accelerationtimes.com/models/porsche-911-sc-3-0

Coupe would be 6.1 seconds to 0-60 mph.

Those were very fast times back in the eighties. When 993 Turbo S came in 1997 it was 3.6 seconds to 0-60mph. I still remember how absolutely insane it was. It's still fast even by today's crazy standards.

Ferraris and Porsches of that era were much better looking and more desirable (at least to me) than the new ones.

for me the 80s queen. maybe the best car ever made

porsche-959-komfort-1.jpg

5f86bf227065d.jpg?itok=Kics_EMH

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm listening to Taylor Swift's new album "Midnights". It has a nice vibe, could be used for a 2022 Miami Vice. 

• Like 1

Thanks to @RedDragon86 I am more into Drab Majesty nowdays. I love this song from them.

"YOU TRY TO CONTEST A LIE WHICH YOU PROBABLY TOLD A DEAD VENDETTA SUSTAINED WHEN WE'RE ALL TOO OLD PRONE TO DIG DOWN IN GROUNDS WHERE YOU SHOULDN'T GO (YOU GET A RED LIGHT) A LIFE WITHOUT OXYGEN WHISPERED IN THE BREATH YOU COULDN'T BREATHE OR LEAVE ALONE"

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well hey, it's the season, so I listen back into this one:

An man, here are many of the 1980's finest united in just one song - what more can you want? Some Vice connections maybe? ok, here we go, there's of course Phil Collins and John Taylor who both appeared in the series, as well as Sting, Holly Johnson (Frankie Goes To Hollywood) and Bono (U2) who had songs in the show.

Plus: Doesn't the shirt worn by George Michael in the video look kind of familiar?

KMR_MAI_101114bandaid_01.jpg.4dc2a2c03c3f5e4ae065e8652a4d5897.jpg

image.thumb.png.6754e3fa02d4ab71301f7583d0cdbeb5.png

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 4

• Administrators

So George Michael wore the same shirt as Bruce Willis in a Christmas song. Bruce Willis later went to be the star of the best Christmas movie, Die Hard. :cheers:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Axolotl (Roadhouse Mix) Great song by Finn Andrews, the son of Barry Andrews the lead singer of Shriekback who had a few song's featured in the show.

I first heard this in the revival of Twin Peaks as there was always a stage music act at the end of each episode. 

• Like 1

Boogie Nights OST in the past couple of days :D

in order of appearance at Rahad Jackson's House

1. Night Ranger - Sister Christian

2. Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl

3. NENA - 99 Luftballon

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marc said:

shazam isn't working on any of these and i doubt he'll post a tracklist. song between 4:00 - 8:00 is very nice.

Great Tunes yeah ! I'll grab it with the help of soundcloud downloader :P

• Thanks 1

Phil Collins on drums and vocals, Eric Clapton on guitar, and Pino Palladino on bass (all heard multiple times on the MV soundtrack). 

What could go wrong? :) 

1989:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

Getting Vicey vibes from this.

The drums are like the Roland TR808, which Jan Hammer used frequently on MV (Angelina Flashback, Crockett’s Return, etc.). Definitely sets the mood!  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1