What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

1 hour ago, Marc said:

in the same year William Orbit scored a Pele soccer movie, Hotshot (1986) and a Rob Lowe ice hockey film Youngblood (1986)

Good tune, and I like the film "Youngblood" as well (I've always dug Patrick Swayze & Keanu Reeves, two actors who I feel have always been better than they've been given credit for; same with Rob Lowe really), but Youngblood is playing with fire on the hockey rink messing with Cynthia Gibbs's character. I mean, her dad was played by Ed Lauter (Captain Cahill!; he was a good man, and not a hard man either, at least I don't think so), and I don't mess with that guy (he struck me as the kind of dad who would be polishing his shotgun when a suitor came a knockin', or at least borrow Tubbs's stubby shotty as a warning). I'd take my chances with Ed Asner (because I have spunk!) or a talking horse, but definitely NOT Ed Lauter.

Oh, the song I'm listening to (I get nervous & off-track when Ed Lauter is involved): "Tonight is What it Means to be Young" by Fire Inc., featuring Laurie Sargent on vocals & Diane Lane as Ellen Aim in "Streets of Fire". "I'm not an angel but at least I'm a girl": I love that line!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 2:08 PM, oli78 said:

LOVE this song: when my mom passed away in July 2017 I listened to this song almost every day (thanks again Vice!). In the end, I'm really just a little boy who loves his mom to pieces, and I live every day for that lady, doing many "Carol":happy::happy: things (including the job & this song).

• Like 1

It's a real shame this band didn't catch on, maybe they had bad management?

"Fabrique" is one of greatest album I have heard, it's so consistent. 

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm listening to Pure's "Anna is a Speed Freak" (plus their song "Denial"), Sara Bareilles' "Brave", & Dep Leppard's "Hysteria". Otherwise I have nothing else going on!

2 hours ago, jpaul1 said:

undisputed stage beast

Brilliant song, another Vital from the Idol. You know, today's a nice day for an Idol, I might get in on some of that myself:dance2:.

On 11/18/2021 at 12:23 PM, RedDragon86 said:

It's a real shame this band didn't catch on, maybe they had bad management?

"Fabrique" is one of greatest album I have heard, it's so consistent. 

I have a friend named Cortlan who likes Eddie Hazel (he introduced his music to me). I think the guy was a Jimi Hendrix/Joe Walsh type who was supported lyrically by both Lennon & McCarthy (along with playing with George Clinton's crew), and he didn't catch on either (I think he's pretty great; thanks, Cortlan!). All I know is that Fashion here catches on with me (reminds me of early Ministry, which I love): right in my sweet spot for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Marc said:

My laptop died so I’m phone posting this one. Found it randomly, never heard it before now and came out before I was born. Merry Christmas if I’m away for awhile.

After I was born, but new to me! Love it. Merry Christmas to you, too, My Friend! :xmas:

• Thanks 1

Godley and Creme.
I know someone must have posted it already.  But I'm not kidding, it's the Christmas week, NYC is flaming mad about the covid return (...a return that WE caused through our own poor habits, so can't blame anyone but ourselves), and now the streets are plagued with some of the worst, reckless, out-where-the-buses-don't-stop desperate drivers you can ever see.  Can't pick and settle on a lane, can't signal, changed their mind, don't really want to change lanes, sitting on the car horn with both butt cheeks....ENOUGH already!
The street was safer when it was fully congested---at least then you couldn't get hit by a car doing more than 8 mph.  But this week so many are on vacation (or got delta-covid), that the expressways are kinda light, and therefore wild with loose coconuts.  I almost lost my temper with a few of those nuts last night.  
I thought maybe I should stay home this morning so I won't lose my cool and get arrested for beating one of these guys over the head with his own spare tire.
But I had an mp3 of "Cry" in the car that someone gave me 4 years ago. Just played it in a loop for the whole morning drive, at medium to low volume.
No Joke, it had me cruising smoothly down the expressway like Tubbs' caddie in the sunshine (I drive at 5am in the pitch black NY morning), and it got me all the way to the office without a single lost temper, or a single angry twist of the steering wheel.  
...Gee, I miss Miami Vice.;(

• Like 3

Some nice Carpenter inspired tracks. JC was always good at setting moods, both visually and in his soundtracks. The creator here follows his style really well for the most part.

They're free to use in your own creations too.

Edited by fakespyder

On 12/19/2021 at 9:20 PM, Marc said:

My laptop died so I’m phone posting this one. Found it randomly, never heard it before now and came out before I was born. Merry Christmas if I’m away for awhile.

My favorite Kim Carnes song is "Crazy in the night"; I like almost anything with "Night" (or "Vice":)) in the title, but I think it's such an awesome tune all by its lonesome (at night; crazy, right?).