BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS!

COOPER&BURNETT

2 hours ago, Tom said:

It´s the scene where EJO ad-libbed the "Don´t get in my face like that ever again" to PMT who stood very close to him asking "Whose side are you on?" and DJ had to drag him away (according to EJO in an interview that line was not in the script and the reaction was not played, but real)

I got the impression that EJO is partly creating his own memories too. I find his stories about his MV time interesting, but one must not assume every detail as correct.
In the script of "One-eyed-Jack" that I have, it says:
Castillo: "Don't you EVER come up into my face, Detective." To me, that line is close enough that I would say, yes, it was in the script.
However, there are actually differences from the script: instead of the Castillo-stare, Castillo is supposed to push Tubbs back at those words. That's really something quite different!
And there's nothing in the script about Crockett pulling Tubbs away. It says: "Crockett wheels, then storms off. Castillo watches him carefully, taking in the man, gauging him."
So yes, EJO is right that the scene was acted out in a significantly different way than described in the script. But just this line was actually in the script!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 5:00 AM, Tom said:

This must be from an unaired episode? Does anyone know these guest stars?:p

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-23 um 17.42.50.png

Its from "the year of the Piggy" unaired Episode.

• Haha 2

The crew preparing at Miami Dade County courthouse for shooting in Hit list (lower left of picture).

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-23 um 17.25.28.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Better living through chemistry

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-12 um 13.25.23.png

Wow! The lighting/exposure in this photo is fantastic! :fireworks:

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dadrian:

Wow! The lighting/exposure in this photo is fantastic! :fireworks:

I did not take the picture myself, but I agree and I am happy that you like it. This is a BTS shot that someone did during filming or rehearsal.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I did not take the picture myself, but I agree and I am happy that you like it. This is a BTS shot that someone did during filming or rehearsal.

I’m assuming you’re clarifying because you did take some of the BTS photos yourself??

If so, VERY VERY cool! I’ve forgotten if I ever knew! :) 

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

I’m assuming you’re clarifying because you did take some of the BTS photos yourself??

If so, VERY VERY cool! I’ve forgotten if I ever knew! :) 

How old do you think I am??(

I was in high school when MV aired. Thanks for your appreciation of my MV know how, if you think I worked on the set :p

No, I did not take any photos myself. Just thought after your post you might have that idea and didn´t want to decorate myself with someone else´s feathers! :funky:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

Just thought after your post you might have that idea and didn´t want to decorate myself with someone else´s feathers! 

Nope. Just another one of my meaningless observations. How else could I get to 10K+ posts? :) :p

• Haha 3

Gerade eben schrieb Dadrian:

Nope. Just another one of my meaningless observations. How else could I get to 10K+ posts? :) :p

At least you´re honest! :)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Never meaningless, D. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tom said:

from Cool runnin´

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-12 um 13.48.09.png

i like Noogie ... Amazed by his nails ... They are huuuuuge 

Edited by Kladdagh
  • Like 1

Sometimes I found Noogie quite annoying. He always seemed like one of those wind-up bunnies that used to exist. As for his nails, I have to agree. I always found them very impressive, too.

As we are at Crockett and his wives here is a special very rare BTS bonus pic for the weekend.

DJ and Lorraine Bracco as Caitlin Davies on set, on the balcony of the safe house in Like a hurricane. Bracco won the casting but got sick on the first day of filming (the proposal scene at the safe house). She was then quickly replaced by Sheena Easton who also was part of the casting process and knew the script already. She quickly flew to Miami and filmed the next day her first scene, the proposal. 

P.S. Personally I think that Easton was a much better choice than Bracco who is a good actress (was married with Eddie Olmos) but her personality does not fit to the Caitlin Davies music singer character and her charisma interplay with the Sonny Crockett character is doubtful - at least on that BTS set pic. I cannot imagine her as Caitlin Davies. This shows what a difference the personality of an actor(actress makes on the outcome, especially on a last minute replacement. Can anyone today  imagine Out where the buses don´t run with Dennis Hopper (the script was written for him but he declined 2 days before shooting) instead of Bruce McGill? OWTBDR would have become a totally different episode. (Not so great IMHO).

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-03 um 13.08.09.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-03 um 13.09.40.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 6

Now, of course, it must be said that Lorraine Bracco was hit very awkwardly in the photo. In other photos she looks quite very good. I can't say whether she can sing, but that often plays only a minor role in films. If not, she would not have been the first actress to be voiced by a colleague.
But the fact always remains that we only know the individual episodes with the actors who appeared in the series at the time. If Lorraine Bracco had played the role, Dennis Hopper the one in Out where the buses don't run or or Gregory Sierra had never been replaced by EJO, we wouldn't know it any differently and like it the way it is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Christine said:

Now, of course, it must be said that Lorraine Bracco was hit very awkwardly in the photo. In other photos she looks quite very good. I can't say whether she can sing, but that often plays only a minor role in films. If not, she would not have been the first actress to be voiced by a colleague.
But the fact always remains that we only know the individual episodes with the actors who appeared in the series at the time. If Lorraine Bracco had played the role, Dennis Hopper the one in Out where the buses don't run or or Gregory Sierra had never been replaced by EJO, we wouldn't know it any differently and like it the way it is.

Lorraine branco looks better for a mother in law for crockett

The audition videos that were posted on youtube, but then taken down, showed some interesting alternate actors speaking for roles they were not ultimately cast in.

For example, Laurence Fishburne playing Adonis in Dutch Oven: He brought a different energy to the part that still fit the character and his motivations. The script he was reading had more dialog too than what we finally see in the episode.

Another example: Jon Cryer playing a guy who liked mens pants. The script again had dialog we never see in the Shadow of the dark episode.

What I'm saying is I basically agree with Christine. We would probably still like a character even if it came with a different energy because the actor was different.

So long as the actor is good, it really all comes down to the script.

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb fakespyder:

The audition videos that were posted on youtube, but then taken down, showed some interesting alternate actors speaking for roles they were not ultimately cast in.

For example, Laurence Fishburne playing Adonis in Dutch Oven: He brought a different energy to the part that still fit the character and his motivations. The script he was reading had more dialog too than what we finally see in the episode.

Another example: Jon Cryer playing a guy who liked mens pants. The script again had dialog we never see in the Shadow of the dark episode.

Rick Bravo had a lot of audition tapes from Bonnie Timmerman in NY and posted them a lot on his own MV fan page. Giancarlo Esposito auditioned for Izzy Moreno for example. I always felt this posting of casting tapes is extremely inappropriate without permission of Timmerman and the actors involved (let alone how he really got the tapes from a casting agent at all), as the casting tapes should be confidential between the agent and the actors to try out things and not leaked and shown around in public. Funny is that exactly Rick Bravo went furious on people who posted his behind the scenes pics without his permission.

Edited by Tom