The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

figures I type in the keywords that I know would bring up that video and I find the one he was trying to sell already:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhnv2g1eIDAalong with this onehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHVJb2ebQ2E&feature=relmfuthat's a new onebut basically this new section is for everything daytona related, including sales I believe and to prevent miami spyders from turning someones dream into a nightmare, along with anyone else who would wish to use the promise of making there dream come true only for it to turn out to be a scam.on the plus side I found this just now, that hotrodded daytona I came across a little while back, the one I said I think had a C4 based windshield:
and this one crusing London:
I think that's part of the reason why I liked the running lights on the outside in the pilot, somehow it just looks odd to me to have the running lights on the inside and then have them be yellow.I mean you've already got the yellow going on, on the front of the car so it seems a little overpowering.
So now it appears, the thread will only appear upon login? The only drawback with this is unless you login you won't know about new posts. It is a good idea to block Arturo, aka MiamiSpyders from seeing this thread. Of course he can reregister on the site unless his IP address is blocked. He will copy info in here to try and claim his cars are like the show car. I even saw a comment on the orange one in his first listing that he couldn't for sure claim his car was usd on the show but that he wasn't certain... 2 pinocchios on that one. Btw, he keeps listing his orange piece of junk on Ebay and I keep getting it taken down for fraud. He continues to lie about the car first listing it as a 1988 MCB on a 1982 Vette. Then he doesn't have the 17 digit vin number which a 1982 would have so he is delisted. Then he creates a forged title showing the 1982 date but using the incorrect MCB Vin number. I reported that and he was delisted. Then he claims it was a car sold for parts and is still a 1982 and I shot that down. Then he lists it as a 1971 car with no vin numbers at all and I reported that fraud and it was again delisted. His lies never stop and of course his lie to us that he was "selling his business". I only hope Youngman doesn't sell to him or he will just turn around and mark it up and rip-off some unsuspecting buyer. I also noted he is trying to sell his molds, a junk body that I believe Stinger looked at, and some miscellaneous parts that are overpriced.

So now it appears' date=' the thread will only appear upon login? The only drawback with this is unless you login you won't know about new posts. It is a good idea to block Arturo, aka MiamiSpyders from seeing this thread. Of course he can reregister on the site unless his IP address is blocked. He will copy info in here to try and claim his cars are like the show car. I even saw a comment on the orange one in his first listing that he couldn't for sure claim his car was usd on the show but that he wasn't certain... 2 pinocchios on that one. Btw, he keeps listing his orange piece of junk on Ebay and I keep getting it taken down for fraud. He continues to lie about the car first listing it as a 1988 MCB on a 1982 Vette. Then he doesn't have the 17 digit vin number which a 1982 would have so he is delisted. Then he creates a forged title showing the 1982 date but using the incorrect MCB Vin number. I reported that and he was delisted. Then he claims it was a car sold for parts and is still a 1982 and I shot that down. Then he lists it as a 1971 car with no vin numbers at all and I reported that fraud and it was again delisted. His lies never stop and of course his lie to us that he was "selling his business". I only hope Youngman doesn't sell to him or he will just turn around and mark it up and rip-off some unsuspecting buyer. I also noted he is trying to sell his molds, a junk body that I believe Stinger looked at, and some miscellaneous parts that are overpriced.[/quote']yeah that's the general gist of it and I dont know if his IP adress is blocked or not. but it should show up such and so has seen the thread today and I would imagine it would be an account with no posts on it.but for the meantime I dont think he'll be able to see the threads anymore, atleast not without leaving some sort of paper trail and the new posts should show up in the post blotter thing on the main forum page.and there was two posts after this after the switching over to this type of area of the forums so it should still be in general visibile.and yeah I saw the parts listing and the really worrying thing is this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/NO-RESERVE-MIAMI-VICE-FERRARI-DAYTONA-SPYDER-365-GTB-/150915604704?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23234560e0&vxp=mtrI posted about this body mold I found while browsing about a year or two ago that was for sale in the las vegas area just as a hey look at this kind of thing. now the only bloody way in hell he would have known about it is if was watching the thread even back then and then saw my ideaand figured he'd capatlize on it, hell I dont even think he as the real deal given that those are the very photos that came with that post that I found years ago.my idea was that I had found a guy selling modern C4 and C5 chasis that were rigged to be able to bolt onto the C2 and C3's corvette bodies and I kind of had the open thought hey, heres this daytona body.maybe it would be possibile to make a modern ferrari daytona replica using that bolted onto those chasis ala what some guys are doing now with modern ferrari replicas like that 355 replica they had on top gear years ago so the proportions would be perfect and it would be impossibile to tell its a replica.you know hell even create a replica in the truest of senses using say a ferrari 400 V12 engine, fitted to a modern five speed and then go from there.

• Administrators

Hopefully our little trick will work and miamispyders and any other scammer with shady deals will just think this thread has been deleted. If he does re-register with another account there isn't much we can do. If he does post you can bet your last dollar that he will give himself away, trolls always do. If anyone contributing to this thread reads something suspicious, please contact me.

Hopefully our little trick will work and miamispyders and any other scammer with shady deals will just think this thread has been deleted. If he does re-register with another account there isn't much we can do. If he does post you can bet your last dollar that he will give himself away' date=' trolls always do. If anyone contributing to this thread reads something suspicious, please contact me.[/quote']Clever solution F-Man but I suspect he will re-register. Can't his IP address be blocked, especially after his personal attacks and insults the last time he was here? As Kavinsky mentioned he has been reading this thread and we can all see it in some of the changes made to the cars he hawks. But he has been making fraudulent statements on his recent listing so I have managed to get it pulled down from Ebay on 3 occasions so far. He keeps making misrepresentations and getting it back online. I really hate the thought of this Alfa Hotel (aka MiamiSpyders, aka Arturo Cornejo) taking advantage of any members in this forum by praying on the sentiments of people who want a car that looks and feels like it is part of Vice history, and then giving them a piece of junk.

Clever solution F-Man but I suspect he will re-register. Can't his IP address be blocked' date=' especially after his personal attacks and insults the last time he was here? As Kavinsky mentioned he has been reading this thread and we can all see it in some of the changes made to the cars he hawks. But he has been making fraudulent statements on his recent listing so I have managed to get it pulled down from Ebay on 3 occasions so far. He keeps making misrepresentations and getting it back online. I really hate the thought of this Alfa Hotel (aka MiamiSpyders, aka Arturo Cornejo) taking advantage of any members in this forum by praying on the sentiments of people who want a car that looks and feels like it is part of Vice history, and then giving them a piece of junk.[/quote']So members can keep up with the thread I'd recommend contributors here or interested members should set up a subscription to the thread. That way you would get an email notification when a new post is made. F-Man- wouldn't it be better to set up the thread like C&Bs whereby the thread shows in the forum even when logged off, but you can't read it unless you are logged in?

Hopefully our little trick will work and miamispyders and any other scammer with shady deals will just think this thread has been deleted. If he does re-register with another account there isn't much we can do. If he does post you can bet your last dollar that he will give himself away' date=' trolls always do. If anyone contributing to this thread reads something suspicious, please contact me.[/quote']Indeed, I know of one guy who two years after the fact when out of his way to bad mouth me on a steam group just because I wouldnt play a stupid game his way once with a bunch of my buddies.and kept doing that even when I tried to be nice and reasonable to him, and it wasnt just confined to me either.
So members can keep up with the thread I'd recommend contributors here or interested members should set up a subscription to the thread. That way you would get an email notification when a new post is made. F-Man- wouldn't it be better to set up the thread like C&Bs whereby the thread shows in the forum even when logged off' date=' but you can't read it unless you are logged in?[/quote']that's what I thought we could do as well went I talked to Cooper about it first but however that would show that the thread is still around and being posted on. then he would probably make dummy accounts just to see the thread and then if he smartened up any and kept his mouth shut (although I doubt it) would be able to see the threads and take notes and do that without us really taking note of his paper trailpossibly perpetuating the situation.this way it will for the meantime atleast keep it sort of off the radar for a little while until maybe we get some sort of paper trail to see if he is still here under a dummy account, I may have an idea about how to see if that's true or not.and it would just mean the section here wouldnt show up to the people who arent registered here and most of us do log on just to see what cooper has anyways.its a compromise but if someones geniune about there interest in the car they will sign up and ask about it in a non how do I make it more sellabile to the vice fans way, after all everyone has there own personal preferences when it comes to car designs, interior preferences and color choices.all they would be concerned with is how to make a 100% clone of it, down to the spark plugs not see what I like and want to use on my car kind of way.even if it would be an improvement over the old stock system used back then 30 years ago on vice. I mean even with replicas of things there are small detail changes based on the makers preferences or improvements since the thing was made.however I do agree we should try and get his IP adress to see if we can block it just as another extra step.could ask ebay for it too I guess, or the youtube account, hell could be something we could do with the copywrite thing to get his videos and accounts taken down on youtube with the music he's using for them alone.hell may be able to have them do an IP ban on him on ebay, although he keeps showing up with the same account name and feedback amount which is abit odd if he is getting shut down for fraud so much.unless that's fabricated somehow or he found a work around.

and it would just mean the section here wouldnt show up to the people who arent registered here and most of us do log on just to see what cooper has anyways.its a compromise but if someones geniune about there interest in the car they will sign up and ask about it in a non how do I make it more sellabile to the vice fans way' date=' after all everyone has there own personal preferences when it comes to car designs, interior preferences and color choices.[/quote']Yeah but I'm still not crazy about the thread being invisible when not logged in, nor that we can't see who's online anymore before login. Let's wait to see what F-Man says about blocking the IP address. If he can block his IP, then we can make the thread visible but require login to actually read the posts.
could ask ebay for it too I guess, or the youtube account, hell could be something we could do with the copywrite thing to get his videos and accounts taken down on youtube with the music he's using for them alone.
Be my guest on youtube if you can remove his posts. I don't have an account on there.
hell may be able to have them do an IP ban on him on ebay, although he keeps showing up with the same account name and feedback amount which is abit odd if he is getting shut down for fraud so much.unless that's fabricated somehow or he found a work around
I wouldn't expect Ebay to block him completely, I already suggested that. They appear to assess each listing individually regardless of what he has done with other listings. I have removed his Daytona now at least 3 times and he keeps altering facts and creating lie upon lie to get it relisted.

Yeah but I'm still not crazy about the thread being invisible when not logged in' date=' nor that we can't see who's online anymore before login. Let's wait to see what F-Man says about blocking the IP address. If he can block his IP' date=' then we can make the thread visible but require login to actually read the posts.Be my guest on youtube if you can remove his posts. I don't have an account on there.I wouldn't expect Ebay to block him completely, I already suggested that. They appear to assess each listing individually regardless of what he has done with other listings. I have removed his Daytona now at least 3 times and he keeps altering facts and creating lie upon lie to get it relisted.[/quote'']I'm not sure how to do that on youtube, think its something where you post a copywrite claim kind of deal. which can be falsified to show xxx from MGM has blocked this video on copywrite grounds.when its really someone who doesnt like you doing it, hell some guy got one posted against him via some troll who clamed to be from ubisoft only for it to turn out it was a false one made by some guy called steve jones. after his fans went to ubisoft themselves to ask about it and the claim was reversed by youtube to show who it really was and then dropped when it held no weight.I dont know I dont really want to pull the plug on this kind of deal because of one bad apple to say the least. hell I havent even said what I like about the thing really on the other thread here which I'd like to atleast do along with a few ideas for the interior.

WowI did not mean to start a firestorm. I am NOT selling my car to him. I have not put in on Ebay or any other site yet, hoping maybe something will change and I can keep it. In the mean time put another couple hundred miles on it, gonna drive it til I have to sell it. BobMore pix

post-11100-13892964939328_thumb.jpg

post-11100-13892964939617_thumb.jpg

I did not mean to start a firestorm. I am NOT selling my car to him. I have not put in on Ebay or any other site yet' date=' hoping maybe something will change and I can keep it. In the mean time put another couple hundred miles on it, gonna drive it til I have to sell it. BobMore pix[/quote']Nah that's alright, no one here is to blame to say the least. That's the nasty side effect about this kind of stuff, you always run the risk of someone using it for evil and with ORG gone I guess he migrated here.and that doesnt mean you dont do it just because of some random dickhead, its just that you do your best to try and protect against that and try and keep that information and assets away from them. But sometimes that is impossible.the thing that gets me though is how stupid this guy is. we figure that there's about damn near as many Mcburnies, Rowleys and roberts made cars out there as the real spyders and that's sub four digit number given the 6 month build time on them like it was on Sonny's car here which is typical for an all custom car.plus while the kits were out there there damn near impossible for some random person to make who doesn't have any experience converting a hard top to a convertible.hell the ones that were kits and were used on existing vettes were usually almost always made on cars that were already convertibiles and I only know of about 2 or 3, Brian's car included.a 68, a 71 and a 74/75 I think, all originally vette convertibles as in 1975 they dropped the convertible from the lineup so it was a serious job for Markadian to convert two hard tops to convertiblesalong with the other 2 to 3, all of which save for I think one were post 75 based cars as GM and other manufactures figured that the road safety asshats were going to make it impossibile and illegal to own convertibles at that time so they all dropped them.so the profit margin for someone scamming that limited market is actually quite low and it plainly doesnt make any sense. I mean for normal vette's yes, but a speciality car with a custom body and interior that may not be everyone's cup of tea?I mean not only is this guy an asshole, he's an idiot too.anyways regardless youngman what kind of rims and tires are your car using? are they 13's with 235/70 R15's on them?

I did not mean to start a firestorm. I am NOT selling my car to him. I have not put in on Ebay or any other site yet' date=' hoping maybe something will change and I can keep it. In the mean time put another couple hundred miles on it, gonna drive it til I have to sell it. BobMore pix[/quote']Nice car Bob...has to be one of the best conditioned Daytonas I have seen. Glad you are hanging on to it and hope you can keep it and enjoy it. Mine and I'm sure yours are real headturners. Am also guessing our "pal" lowballed you so he could mark it way up. I know there are persons on this Forum, some internationally, that would love your car....if I didn't have one already I would have talked to you.Think if you are still of a mind to part with it later on down the road, then persons looking at this thread will see it, and they are already interested in Daytonas.

anyways regardless youngman what kind of rims and tires are your car using? are they 13's with 235/70 R15's on them?

Save your pennies Kavinsky, in case Youngman decides otherwise later on. :)Btw did you read your email from me a day or 2 ago?

Save your pennies Kavinsky' date=' in case Youngman decides otherwise later on. :)Btw did you read your email from me a day or 2 ago?[/quote']indeed, but nonetheless in the meantime I can share the ideas and thoughts on the cars to help you guys pick and choose what you'd like to do to your cars until the time and place is right for me.and figure out the fine details of the car and why unlike other custom jobs like this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stutz_IV-Portewhich was just on counting cars today the daytona seems timeless. still need to look for that momo italy, sorry indy wheel again for brian, kind of got sidetracked in the meantime because of this issue with alfa man.anyways where as in the case of the 78 seats I may have an idea to make them look sleaker using the pinstripes on the sides of the seat in an unusual way and possibly an idea on how the pilot seats were created. something I was thinking about after watching chasing cars on the history channel todaybut ill get into that latter but no I havent checked my email in awhile.

which was just on counting cars today the daytona seems timeless.

Yep agreed on that..the Daytona body is a beauty and I think the mods made by MCB make it at least, if not more, atttractive than the genuine 365.Pity that I didn't get the car out a lot this summer. Was too busy and was generally too hot. We had a record heat wave where I live that made for summer days that averaged hotter than temps in Miami for many weeks.

Yep agreed on that..the Daytona body is a beauty and I think the mods made by MCB make it at least' date=' if not more, atttractive than the genuine 365.Pity that I didn't get the car out a lot this summer. Was too busy and was generally too hot. We had a record heat wave where I live that made for summer days that averaged hotter than temps in Miami for many weeks.[/quote']I kind of like the hybrid look of the Rowley with the 14 inch rims that I always reference here better with the cut down flares in the front and the full ones on the back giving it sort of a rocketship and slight testarossa like look in that regard, or the roberts ones atleast with 14'sPlus the 225's in the front with the 235's of the vice car in the rear give it a nice rake and look on both that car and Brian's, which is the term for the slight angle it has when the fronts lower than the back I believe. Also the look of the headlight doors that that one and yours has too, something I just figured out as I'm not much for the plexyglass/ Glass cover look of early 60's cars most of the time.I'm a fan of pop up headlights, cars with headlight doors or fixed headlights without anything infront of them generally.although because of the light amplflyer on the front of the vice car I did like the look it gave the thing at night in S1 and S2 and I do like what they did with the smoked plexyglass there, plus the light amplyfier matched the look of the grill in S1 with the clear plexyglass so it kind of all came together.Truth be told on that one I still kind of think the grill on the vice car needs that polish you mentioned you used on yours to get the grill back up to the level the rest of the car has been brought to, just to see if it would blend it in better.

Is the Mcburnie Daytona replica's body narrower than a real Ferrari Daytona? The reason I'm asking is the Mcburnie Daytona's wheel openings are flared out. Of course the McBurnie Daytonas did have to be made to fit the Corvette windshield frame. I'm curious how close the McBurnie car is in size to an actual Ferrari Daytona.Mike.

The Testerosa today 2012[ATTACH=CONFIG]6951[/ATTACH]Hello, I live right up the street from the SWAP SHOP in Fort Lauderdale. The owner of the SHop Mr. Henn bought the MIAMI VICE white Ferrari circa 1990 and displays it along with twenty five of the most expensive cars in the world. All are for sale except the M.V. car. It rotates on a pedestal all day long. This picture is a composit of three pics I took April 2012.

post-11026-13892964948498_thumb.png

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6951[/ATTACH]Hello' date=' I live right up the street from the SWAP SHOP in Fort Lauderdale. The owner of the SHop Mr. Henn bought the MIAMI VICE white Ferrari circa 1990 and displays it along with twenty five of the most expensive cars in the world. All are for sale except the M.V. car. It rotates on a pedestal all day long. This picture is a composit of three pics I took April 2012.[/quote']hmm I cant really see the photo here, can you post a bigger version?
Is the Mcburnie Daytona replica's body narrower than a real Ferrari Daytona? The reason I'm asking is the Mcburnie Daytona's wheel openings are flared out. Of course the McBurnie Daytonas did have to be made to fit the Corvette windshield frame. I'm curious how close the McBurnie car is in size to an actual Ferrari Daytona.Mike.
Hard to say really while looking at this:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGL0mO_xlDE

Vs how it looked coming down the street at 3:53

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyQOaip5P3g

and this here with Ace's car from the gallery:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/photoplog/index.php?c=5
I'd say there really quite close and the flares were kind of a little bit of creative freedom on mcburnies part to mimic a race car version of the car that was used by Paul Newman back in 1977 with a coupe.plus they were to be sold as a companion piece to the actual car from the sound of it' date=' giving you stuff you never could have on the actual car from the factory, those flares being one of the features I would imagine along with the smaller tires and rims.and the rowley used sort of half and half there, giving it a TR like wider rear yet also a smaller and smoother nose with the flares there which I kinda like[url'] Ferrari Daytona Spyder replicaplus while the tires are smaller and wider on the vice car, they were thinner at first when the car was made though but it was probably changed to make it more planted before it came on the show and they just stuck with it. the ones on the real one are taller and thinner by about an inch higher and about 15mm thinner I think if I'm getting the tire codes right. hence the difference in the look plus the wheel spinners were capped while on the actual car they werent, of which people are on both sides of the fence, some like it, some dont.like I said a companion piece giving you everything you wouldnt of had on the actual car and choices about how close you want to get, kind of the embodiment of a custom car in every sense really which is part of the reason why I like it so much.you know your not stuck with the same old factory car for the rest of your life that you cant touch. just because it might effect its originality or are scared to drive it for fear of something breaking that cant be fixed on it. all because they havent made the parts in 70 years like what's happening with vintage Buggati's and duesenbergs, of which I have seen one of the latter ones. sadly not the model J one with the red striping on the side though.and I have seen the larger tires put on a replica and well if you put this next to a real one and put on the custom matt black windshield trim of aces car and covered up the chrome on the right sides there, blanked them out with a good key and painted them to match the rest of the windshield I doubt anyone would be able to tell its a replica.http://corvette.canney.net/webvettes/customized/c0050/index.html

like I said a companion piece giving you everything you wouldnt of had on the actual car and choices about how close you want to get' date=' kind of the embodiment of a custom car in every sense really which is part of the reason why I like it so much.[/quote']Actually, per my discussion with Tom McBurnie, Mardikian wanted to make and sell a replica of the Cobra, but the estimate that Tom gave Mardikian was too high. Tom suggested to Mardikian that they build a replica of the Ferrari Daytona Spyder that was in Mardikian's shop. Mardikian said, "give me an estimate." He did and the rest is history as they say. The Mardikian Daytona was meant to be a close replica of the Daytona for a much lower cost - as the Cobra replicas were to the real Cobras. Even at that time, a real Daytona Spyder would have been several hundred thougsand dollars. I suspect the larger flares were to allow larger tires with the Corvette Chassis. You would have to say Tom did a heck of a good job building a replica that many people can't tell from an original - considering he had to make it fit a Corvette Chassis using the Corvette "birdcage"/windshield, etc.

kind of funny actually, leno has a replica of of a cobra from back then:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAaF4oe9c8Mand vice DID use a replica cobra at one point in one way tickethttp://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_52098-AC-Shelby-Cobra-Replica.html I would have thought it was ment as a companion piece although that's probably my gunguy side kicking in that respect. that would explain why the cars never really got going until there use on vice. I mean technically if he had tried to sell it to the daytona owners he might have had a couple potental owners right thereand a guy on the ferrari forums bought and used the Jaguar XJ12 replica for years until he bought a coupe conversion a coupe of years ago (he's the one I got the photos of the top and the explanation of how the ferrari one worked a couple of months ago when he was having the car redone and strengthened )funny I only asked what's the deal with the top and he gave me basically a how to and how it worked vs the snap one, it has two retention clips the aluminum bits covered in leather connect into and it folds up in the middle as its two separate pieces for easy storage.Not sure if that would have to do with the Al markadian being sued by the EPA though too.you see with the companion piece thing Smith and Wesson had a set of guns on one frame made for different calibers for matches and practice on a frame called the K which stood for kit as in a woodsman backpack with all the tools he needs to survive in it and they came in the 3 key calibers and were used for match and practice shooting too. 22LR, 32 LR I believe and .38 special.and you'd practice with the .22 LR all the time and then use the .32 and .38 for the matches which is kind of what I was thinking the daytona was like to the actual car.the companion piece that you'd be far more inclined to use than the biggest one, but with the C3 I seem to remember in the C3 book it did say that the C3 chasis was a modified C2 one to fit the new body of the C3.and the dimensions and look of the C2 convertibile did seem to match up with the daytona:Eingefügtes Bild but that might have been a happy accident with there choice of base car then and the use of the latter one with the extended nose that was put on in the name of aerodynamics on the 80 - 82's

The MIAMI VICE CAR TODAY April 201 (the WHITE TESTEROSSA)This should be a better picture. It is a composite of the FERRARI TESTEROSSA, 3 PICS as it is rotating on a pedistal ... Eingefügtes Bild

Thanks, Hmm I wonder if it was bought in 1990 what the story behind its acquirement was. Was it auctioned off along with all of those MV props to him or if he bought it straight from ferrari?and I gotta wonder how long its been there and sitting there like that and what the state of the engine is. As I kind of wonder if the motors been removed and its just an empty shell.or which one it was, the camera car with the stuff removed off of it like the bumpers and spoiler in the front, or the driving car for long distance shots.also of interest I found footage of that ferrari in the color the car originally came in, well semi footage in one case:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBsctfMzfhE&feature=plcp

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiCFfKpR9A8&feature=plcp

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz6NOABFMv8&feature=plcp

(not sure why someone would want to put 288 GTO rims on it, 14's from the look of it like on the daytona with both sets and the 288 rims do not match the look of the car at all.)and you can kind of see its got the same sheen to it it had in Irish eyeshttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/vbglossar.php?do=showentry&id=2138

Brian I came across this recently, this was probably taken right after your car was sold at auction a few years ago before you bought it:http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=351&aid=53I gotta wonder what it looked like before the conversion in 1987 if it was a numbers matching one, a 71' 350 with a 400 auto.Sonny I just thought of this, when your car went in for all of that work under the hood did anyone check over the valve timing? as you mentioned the car still runs a little on the rough side. So that may need to be checked over and retimed based on how the engines been run in before you bought it and could help it run better.also I found this monster while browsing, kind of an interesting hot rod version of the daytona apparently done over by Dick Gulstrand:http://www.jamaauto.com/vehicle-details/71d684d55591eb4982b2b51ffdc44f87/1968+ferrari+daytona+replica+2-door+cabriolet.htmlcomplete with C4 corvette seats, probably did something along the lines of the fiero seat mods to get them in along with some other interesting mods to it.

Tire sizeI took off the original Pirelli tires when I got the McBurnie only had 4000 miles but dry rotted... I will get to storage and check tire size.Bob

Just thinking about the pilot seats again, what if it was widened instead of cut down?as I'm starting to think that maybe it was widened on the sides judging by what I noticed when looking at this pictureEingefügtes Bildand then looking at the normal 78 seats with don's head used as a measurement of scale, like some manufactures use a quarter for when showing of there product here at 3:43

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIuVwTAGhQ4&feature=related

it looks like the headrest is as wide as the normal 78 seat and sits into that space between the sides, right inbetween the stitch lines and then the sides have been expanded outwards and if you look closely you can see that with the photo of the car in its markadian garments back in 81':Eingefügtes BildVS the 78 seats from behind:Eingefügtes Bildso it would make sense that the front half was widened given that the stock 78 seats seem like there a little narrow from the front when compared to the daytona seats:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7020&stc=1&d=1351407232and there does seem like there's just enough space to widen it in there:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7021&stc=1&d=1351407234mind you I don't know if they would have had to modify the seat hinges then to get it to fold up and down as there doesnt seem to be alot of space around the center console there if the stock hinges were expanded outward:Eingefügtes BildSo maybe Mark used two seats to make one and used the leather as a way to hold the two sides together on either side? as it only looks like its maybe about a half an inch or an inch wider all around. including on the top of the seat that seem to stick out higher here at 2:04 on the passengers side:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxk2y6u8aJo

yet the headrest seems as wide as the normal seat, but protrudes a a half inch or so might be a little hard to freeze frame that given the fast editing of the video, sorry about that, have to stop it right before the woman on the left blocks the view of the passenger seat.(not to mention it looks like the smoked plexyglass seems to be conforming to the nose of the car abit more than it did in S2, like it was screwed on tighter to the bottom of the nose. and given what we saw of how many screws it had for the plexy in S1 that would make sense, probably just had the black screws of the actual car on it and we just couldnt see it in the pilot until they switched over to silver ones with the clear plexy.)and now levelish around the sides instead of having those flaps on the side as I can see the opening in the middle here of the stock seat:Eingefügtes Bildand the middle stitch line of the normal 78 seat that's visbile against tubbs' back except its abit further away from the edge now.hell maybe that's where mark started and then built the interior around the seats, would make sense given that the door panels have sort of a look to them like there supposed to mesh with a wider seat top:Eingefügtes Bildjudging by the expanded lip at the end of them, hell maybe because of the width of the pilot seats they had to put in some sort of arm rest that would allow the seat to come down without bumping or rubbing into the stock one yet use up some of that door panel space that was free with the 78 seats:Eingefügtes Bildbasically hide the door jam, not unlike the treatment GM gave the earlier cars with the foam/plastic chemical hybrid or door panels of the early ones:Eingefügtes Bildjust with higher grade leather materials instead of a plastic hybrid that absorbs moisture and falls apart over time, the same higher grade used on the 78 - 82 cars, just with a nicer more efficient style to them.

post-592-13892964972356_thumb.jpg

post-36-13892964972899_thumb.jpg