The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

Um two things I'm not sure if it would be wise to wear the holster with your outfit to the halloween party' date=' might give off the wrong idea to your co workers if they get a good look at it. and take pictures[/quote'] Yeah the HR guy doesn't want any props in the holster either but I think the empty holster will slide by. I don't as yet have a Bren in any case --only a smaller S&W 9MM and a 357 long barrel.

Yeah the HR guy doesn't want any props in the holster either but I think the empty holster will slide by. I don't as yet have a Bren in any case --only a smaller S&W 9MM and a 357 long barrel.

What if you made one out of flat cardboard, and put it in the holster? Would they allow that?

What if you made one out of flat cardboard' date=' and put it in the holster? Would they allow that?[/quote'] Don't know but I think I will probe this some more tomorrow.

Don't know but I think I will probe this some more tomorrow.
Your a great fan Sonny-Burnett!I always get so psyched up when someone else is a big enough fan to take time to write on here' date=' and BUY items because of the show.I always thought I was just the only one, but, I have found others on this site. I eat, live, breathe MIAMI VICE!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I just fell into more money, and am considering buying a Mcburnie Ferrari Daytona Spider at some point.What would be the best year model corvette that you can have for the body kit? Is there an ideal year model or setup?Has anybody driven it in the rain? How good is the seal around the windows in a heavy downpour?These questions are open for all the daytona owners.Thanks.-COOP

Honestly I dont know but ever since I've come across this one in germany I've had my eye on it because its one of the best looking ones to me that I've come across http://www.indat.de/enzo/e_anzeig.htmits probably abit more expensive than the usual ones though' date=' not to mention the import cost.[/quote'] No idea what currency VB is.

I just fell into more money' date=' and am considering buying a Mcburnie Ferrari Daytona Spider at some point.What would be the best year model corvette that you can have for the body kit? Is there an ideal year model or setup?Has anybody driven it in the rain? How good is the seal around the windows in a heavy downpour?These questions are open for all the daytona owners.Thanks.-COOP[/quote'] Fell into money? Never had that experience. Don't know about your questions other than mine does not seal well in rain so I stay out of it. A future repair includes replacing the top and the rubber seals.

I just fell into more money' date=' and am considering buying a Mcburnie Ferrari Daytona Spider at some point.What would be the best year model corvette that you can have for the body kit? Is there an ideal year model or setup?Has anybody driven it in the rain? How good is the seal around the windows in a heavy downpour?These questions are open for all the daytona owners.Thanks.-COOP[/quote']A 1981 model (which is also the year model of the camera car) is probably the best. It is the newest without the primative computer system they tried to use in the 1982 model. Mine is an 82 with a crate motor, but I still have the 1-2 inch bundle of wires running back to where the computer should be. Anything other than a C3 body Vette is odd looking to me.I drove my car to the coast (I have tried as much as possible to make it "daily-driver-worthy") which is about a five hour trip in one direction. I came back and got into a downpour, and had a small leak problem around the drivers side corner. I have since replaced all the seals around the top and had the windows properly adjusted. The windows and the top are essentially from that vintage Vette and can be returned to perfect condition (largely dependant on how much money you fell into).I would not take off across country in my car, but I have made several overnight trips. I have the HVAC working, the top seals and most of the major operating systems are as good as new.JN

A 1981 model (which is also the year model of the camera car) is probably the best. It is the newest without the primative computer system they tried to use in the 1982 model. Mine is an 82 with a crate motor' date=' but I still have the 1-2 inch bundle of wires running back to where the computer should be. Anything other than a C3 body Vette is odd looking to me.I drove my car to the coast (I have tried as much as possible to make it "daily-driver-worthy") which is about a five hour trip in one direction. I came back and got into a downpour, and had a small leak problem around the drivers side corner. I have since replaced all the seals around the top and had the windows properly adjusted. The windows and the top are essentially from that vintage Vette and can be returned to perfect condition (largely dependant on how much money you fell into).I would not take off across country in my car, but I have made several overnight trips. I have the HVAC working, the top seals and most of the major operating systems are as good as new.JN[/quote']Why would you not drive it across country? (other than getting chips in the paint on the nose.) Any chevy dealer could fix it.My 91 ALFA SPIDER's soft top doesn't leak, but around the windows water finds it's way in. It's MUCH, MUCH better with the removeable hardtop, although I know the daytona doesn't have a hardtop.

Actually they did make a hardtop for the corvette c3http://www.smoothline.com/corvette_c3.phpand that link I posted might be a lost cause. acording to the date on it' date=' it was last updated 10 years ago.[/quote']$1,339.00 is a good price. My Alfa Spider Hardtop was an option for about $2,500.00! I'm blessed to own it.

I don't think the C3 hardtop will work with the Daytona body. I have never driven my Daytona in the rain, but I do have a lot of experience with old Corvettes. And most of them do leak to some degree. Jurassic Narc is correct - if you work hard on the seals and window adjustments, you can get them pretty good. But having wet carpets is just a part of owning an old Corvette if you drive in the rain. The newer ones have gotten much better.

I don't think the C3 hardtop will work with the Daytona body. I have never driven my Daytona in the rain' date=' but I do have a lot of experience with old Corvettes. And most of them do leak to some degree. Jurassic Narc is correct - if you work hard on the seals and window adjustments, you can get them pretty good. But having wet carpets is just a part of owning an old Corvette if you drive in the rain. The newer ones have gotten much better.[/quote'] Do you have any idea if you can adjust the angle of the windows? When I got my hardtop for my Alfa Spider, the mechanics took the door panel off, and adjusted the windows by angling them inward to make a better seal against the hard top rubber seal.Still can't believe that you have one of the cars from the show. I'm just blown away!!Thank you for being here.-COOP

I'm not sure if the hardtop would work as well but it looks like the windshield is completely stock and the back end of the rebodied daytona looks like it is at the same height as a stock C3 so I'd say its a maybe

Yes, the windows on old Corvettes are adjustable and can be adjusted inward or outward at the top - just like your Alfa. It's not the easiest job as I'm sure Jurassic Narc can verify.

Yes' date=' the windows on old Corvettes are adjustable and can be adjusted inward or outward at the top - just like your Alfa. It's not the easiest job as I'm sure Jurassic Narc can verify.[/quote']I want your cars guys. I love 'em!!It seems odd that I have all the props and clothes, but not the daytona to go with it! LOL!

Yes' date=' the windows on old Corvettes are adjustable and can be adjusted inward or outward at the top - just like your Alfa. It's not the easiest job as I'm sure Jurassic Narc can verify.[/quote'] NOTHING on a car that old is easy or cheap. I am reluctant to drive the car across country as much because some major compenent may go at any time. While the car is essentially sound, I don't relish the idea of having to ride in a roll-back from Arizona to Georgia. Don't get me wrong, I would leave out TODAY if I had all the money and time in the world.

NOTHING on a car that old is easy or cheap. I am reluctant to drive the car across country as much because some major compenent may go at any time. While the car is essentially sound' date=' I don't relish the idea of having to ride in a roll-back from Arizona to Georgia. Don't get me wrong, I would leave out TODAY if I had all the money and time in the world.[/quote'] Are these cars reliable daily drivers? My special Alfa Spider is exremely reliable as a daily driver, and I could drive it for very long distances, but, if it brakes down somewhere (my '84 did have an alternator go out very far from home where I was stranded for a week in a little coastal town, and nobody wanting to work on an Alfa Romeo), depending on the part, it would have to be shipped overnight. Most mechanics are afraid to work on a car like mine, and won't touch it, but the vette sounds like an easier car to find someone willing to work on it.Are the seats comfortable, and supportive for long drives? My 84 spider was terrible for really long trips because there was no thigh support (my current 91 has redesigned seats and are ultra supportive, and comfortible!), so your leg held in mid air with no support.Look at this. This guy has a 91 spider that looks exactly like mine. His is the same color, same interior color, same wheels, everything.This is what COOP drives.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=srKbTRv6yQs

• Like 1

Are these cars reliable daily drivers? My special Alfa Spider is exremely reliable as a daily driver' date=' and I could drive it for very long distances, but, [u']if it brakes down somewhere (my '84 did have an alternator go out very far from home where I was stranded for a week in a little coastal town, and nobody wanting to work on an Alfa Romeo), depending on the part, it would have to be shipped overnight. Most mechanics are afraid to work on a car like mine, and won't touch it, but the vette sounds like an easier car to find someone willing to work on it.Are the seats comfortable, and supportive for long drives? My 84 spider was terrible for really long trips because there was no thigh support (my current 91 has redesigned seats and are ultra supportive, and comfortible!), so your leg held in mid air with no support. Mine is reliable as a daily driver as I have been driving it to work at least a few days of most weeks since I got it. I just take care not to drive it when a storm is forecasted (my top does leak some). Remember it is essentially just an older (mine is 1981) C3 Corvette with a different body shell and these cars were built to be driven pretty hard. Looking at the maintenance mine has needed was more a function of neglect and rough driving than anything else. My seats are not that comfortable mainly becuase they are worn and haven't yet been recovered. But I drove it 11 hours on the highway when I first bought it with no ill effects.

Sorry about my bad english... I read your threads with interessting. I'm a Dayonta enthusiast too and observe the market daily. Nice Replica you drive guys. If i would buy a Daytona Replica, it has to be very close to the original (Georgia Coachcraft, Rowley Corvette or Southern Roadcraft SRV 12 with the Jag 12V Motor). But i understand you, that you guys like to bring them as close as possible to the MV-Car. Jurassic Narc and CameraDaytona wrote, that CDs car is the only survivor. I read at the internet other stories, maybe you know then: The documented “Miami Vice†cars were redone a few years ago with one going to Carl Roberts in Tennessee and the other is owned by Roger Pamperin in Lubbock, Texas. The last time I saw the car it was sitting in the rain behind a garage. I drove back from L.A. the better of the two, and trailered the other one before that to a shop in Lubbock. I don’t know if they could be purchased. Roger would want a lot for the car. It was not very well done actually and the only claim to fame it was used on the show. " A consistent story i found here: http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vemp_0611_miami_vice_ferrari/index.html I think, this is the car from the Volo museum. Now, jurassic narc wrote:*(The folks at Volo have nothing to support their claim that the car was used on MV, as the VIN has been examined and is not consistent with the show cars.)* What's now?

Its essentally the same thing with the scarab and the stinger they used in the show. with no documents to prove its the one their word means about as much as a hill of beans to anyone knowledgeable enough to know there probably full of it when they say that.however if its like the car on MV no foul done provided the price is reasonabile (which that one isnt at a 150k for a car that was MAYBE the stunt car used on the show at one point) however theres probably been quite a few mcburrnie owners who have told everyone that their car is the holy one used on the show as wellfunny actually I've heard of everyone else saying they've got the one when it comes to the boats and the daytona but not the testarossa, sorry just thinking aloud.and just incase you havent seen this along with cooper

One of the actual Ferrari Testarossas was at a Swap Shop in Miami for a long time. The stunt car was returned to Carl Roberts, but he no longer has custody of it. It is somewhere in a barn in Tennessee. Not sure I have ever heard what happened to the other Testarossa, but they were both returned to Ferrari NorthAmerica, and it was probably sold as well.