The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

needed to mod the photo.

Where's the headlights on the daytona from the scene in the episode WHEN IRISH EYES ARE CRYING? Doesn't look like tinted headlight covers....looks like NO headlights.

Funny you should mention that it turns out that at certain angles the smoked plexyglass had a tendancy to make it look like the daytona had headlight covers, that being one of them.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/Funny%20you%20should%20mention%20that%20it%20turns%20out%20that%20at%20certain%20angles%20the%20smoked%20plexyglass%20had%20a%20tendancy%20to%20make%20it%20look%20like%20the%20daytona%20had%20headlight%20covers,%20that%20being%20one%20of%20them.Eingefügtes Bild

Funny you should mention that it turns out that at certain angles the smoked plexyglass had a tendancy to make it look like the daytona had headlight covers' date=' that being one of them.[/quote'] I can see the bolts that hold the covers in place.

Thats the bolts for the plexyglass cover and barely thought, its little wonder that towards the end of the second season Don started driving it with the highs on at night, it was THAT smoked.I mean here it is before he started driving with the high's on in florance italy

post-592-13892963383509_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892963383684_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892963383854_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892963384033_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892963384209_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the nice shots of the Daytona. The big difference here between this car and mine is that I have drop down headlight covers.I will need to get those removed by a body shop but I will need to find a source for the smoked lens covers. Though in some shots the smoked covers look clear to me.

If you look closely at this one you can barely see the right headlights.

Here the lens covers look smoked. Wonder if CameraDaytona can weigh in on this?

and the fix and S3's El viejo

I am fortunate to have the rectangular headlights and mounting housings as in the show cars. I have seen some McBurnies that have round lenses. And it is really difficult to get to the headlights to replace them in my car. I need to install brighter headlights this spring.

It depends on the angle of the camera whether or not you can see the headlamps.head on you can clearly see them but when you go off to the side like in that shot or the black and white production still of "when irish eyes are crying" they look completely blackSonny can you post the photos of your car here on this thread? its kinda hard to see them in your gallery and when I open them up they actually get smaller strangely enoughalso I should have part 2 done in a few days Sonny, I may do an extra section on the mechanicals as well and Sonny even with all of these things I'm pointing out to you, I still love the daytona as it was and is.the daytona wins every time when it comes to this, still the testarossa isnt without its merits however.

post-592-13892963385431_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892963385619_thumb.jpg

It depends on the angle of the camera whether or not you can see the headlamps.head on you can clearly see them but when you go off to the side like in that shot or the black and white production still of "when irish eyes are crying" they look completely blackSonny can you post the photos of your car here on this thread? its kinda hard to see them in your gallery and when I open them up they actually get smaller strangely enoughalso I should have part 2 done in a few days Sonny' date=' I may do an extra section on the mechanicals as well and Sonny even with all of these things I'm pointing out to you, I still love the daytona as it was and is.the daytona wins every time when it comes to this, still the testarossa isnt without its merits however.[/quote'] Thanks Kavinsky for the pics and appreciate the efforts that went into finding these. I need to see if CameraDaytona can post some closeups of his lens covers to see what level of tinting is on them.I will try and upload some better shots of my car. But....Testa not without merits?.....sorry pal. :p;)

Ok here goes a test of uploading some pics of my carWell it is still not a large pic so need some help on this.Eingefügtes Bild(Sonny, this is as large as the forum allows. Tim)

post-36-13892963385805_thumb.jpg

well its certainly an improvement I can actually see the details of your car now like the mirrors and the flares you've got on there, if you want to try and make them even bigger you could use photobucket as well and just post the link to the photos here.Jurrasic could you post that photo of the daytona you had of it back in 86' right after its retirement (that night shot of it with the blue lights illumitating it from behind and I think under the car) when the car still had the smoked plexyglass headlamp cover on it for sonny?or better yet email it to me again, I'm having trouble finding it and I think I may have deleted it by accident, that way I can cut it so it focuses on the plexyglass and post it here for him.

No one I know of makes the smoked cover. I had to cut my own. I bought tinted plexiglass and cut it to fit the nose. Then I had to add HID headlights to be able to drive at night. The car did not have tinted covers by the time CameraDaytona got it, and his car currently has clear covers.Carl Roberts told me he still has the tinted plexiglass that was used on the show car, but he has not been able to find it when I have been there. It has a bullet hole (not sure if real or decal type) from the scene in EL VIAJO where they are attacked in the Daytona by the guys in the van.

Great Interior Details!Thanks guys for all the info on the actual cars used during filming. I just signed on here when I was reading this thread and found so much knowledge was held by you all! My interest is actually with models, as I build 1/24 scale replicas of vehicles I am interested in, and I have always loved the MV Daytona replica! My problem has been that although there is a model available of the Daytona, it is all wrong! It seems as though two different groups designed this - the chassis and engine gys who knew it was a Corvette underneath, and the body and interior group who thought it was a real Ferrari. In order to make my model authentic I will have to do a LOT of work, just as I am readind some of you are doing on your full size cars. Until now I had never seen any real shots of the interior, so I thank you all - these pictures are a great help! I do still have areas though that I have questions about. The door panels, for instance - what do they look like (I see a black area but can't make it out) And the engine.. I read here it was a crate engine small block but what color, what valve covers and air cleaner, any other mods, etc? And the kit gives a single exhaust - surely that isn't correct! Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated! And please let me know if this should be in a new thread.. THANKS!

Yeah you'd be better off making a new thread about this and it would probably go in the miami vice collectibiles thread herewhat you could do is taking either a 76 or 81 corvette model, convert it to a convertible and work backwards from there, mixing and mashing the body of that with the body of the daytona model thats already out there.

Well I've already done the body modifications - added fender flares, opened the headlight doors and made buckets for rectangular headlights, modified door handles, removed emblems etc.. What i need are details about the real cars to make my model authentic. Plus, I have to have this ready for a model show in Taunton MA in a couple months! So since I am looking for details about the real cars perhaps it is not the wrong thread to post this question? Any help the owner of the real car or the authentic replica builder can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Left Side view of my Daytona (note these pics were taken by the original seller so the mirrors are not current-- have now been replaced with the correct Vitalonis used on the show car) Eingefügtes Bild

No one I know of makes the smoked cover. I had to cut my own. I bought tinted plexiglass and cut it to fit the nose. Then I had to add HID headlights to be able to drive at night. The car did not have tinted covers by the time CameraDaytona got it' date=' and his car currently has clear covers.Carl Roberts told me he still has the tinted plexiglass that was used on the show car, but he has not been able to find it when I have been there. It has a bullet hole (not sure if real or decal type) from the scene in EL VIAJO where they are attacked in the Daytona by the guys in the van.[/quote']Thanks Jurassic for that info. Would be great if Roberts could actually produce the originals and maybe reinstall on Camera's car. Where did you source your tinted plexiglass from?

has there anything else been changed since these photos besides the mirrors and can you post a shot of the front?and Sonny I see what you mean about the body, it really looks to be in good shape and the beefy rear tires give it a nice stance.