The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

Actually I think I just found a new way for you to determine which car was used jurassic. I've noticed that the carpeting of car 4 is black' date=' however in shot 3 here you can see on car 1 that it looks like its tan colored. Since I think the storage area for the convertible top uses the same colored carpet as the floor for the cabin.and also the dash on car 1 does look abit higher than the one on car 4.[/quote']The tan color you see is tan leather covering the wheel well. The carpet is barely visible at the bottom of the door frame. It is black in both cars.Actually you can tell which car is which a couple of ways, but the way they are interchanged makes it tough. The 76 never had sun visors. The 76 had no provisions for them in the window trim area. But in season two there are times neither car has sun visors. In season one the 76 has chrome trim around the outside of the windsheild, and the 81 has dark trim (watch GLADES when they are driving across the Everglades and you will see that both cars were used).

ah well it was a shot in the dark' date=' I figured it could have been that after posting that message.[/quote'] No worries. You manage to find some interesting things, so don't stop looking. Yeah, I know a lot about the Daytonas, but I can assure you there is more to be found.Keep digging and keep posting! Team work (as in Crockett and Tubbs, Switek and Zito, etc.) is how we get the job done.JN

Here is another shot of the left part of the dash in my car. Sonny-Burnett - if it would help in your building the dash, I can take measurements of mine.Eingefügtes Bild

• Like 1

2861[/ATTACH]

I think now I am a little confused as to which of the 2 cars I should be copying and which again is Camera's car.

I think now I am a little confused as to which of the 2 cars I should be copying and which again is Camera's car.

CameraDaytona's car is the 81. That would be the one with the nicest interior, and the one I try to copy.

CameraDaytona's car is the 81. That would be the one with the nicest interior' date=' and the one I try to copy.[/quote'] OK, clear now. Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Sweet photo! :happy::clap:Is that an Alpine cd player' date=' or a cassette player?It must be a cassette player because cd players of that type didn't exist in 84-85/86, unless you added it.Very cool photo![/quote']It is an Alpine 7901 radio/CD player, but it was installed in September, 1987 by the owner who purchased the car from Carl Roberts. (I have the receipt for the installation.) I don't know what radio the car had during the filming. Perhaps JN knows or maybe someone has a photo from one of the episodes.

Sorry to cut you off brian It was a casset player originally. I remember seeing it in an early season 1 episode after one of the charachters that disapeared midway throught S1 gave sonny a casset after complaining to him about how long it took for him to fix it, it was that guy who helped them bug the place in no exit I just cant remember his name.

Sorry to cut you off brian It was a casset player originally. I remember seeing it in an early season 1 episode after one of the charachters that disapeared midway throught S1 gave sonny a casset after complaining to him about how long it took for him to fix it' date=' it was that guy who helped them bug the place in no exit I just cant remember his name.[/quote'] You see the cassette player in COOL RUNNING in Season 1, and in BOUGHT AND PAID FOR in Season 2. The interesting thing is that the HV A/C controls for the Daytona are from a 1982 (ish) Mercedes. Not sure if the controls ever worked, by the time CameraDaytona got the car the controls were standard Corvette.COOL RUNNING is the episode where Lester, the tech guy in several episodes, cleans up the audio and gives Sonny the tape. He realized Noogie is in danger, etc. The picture on the right is from COOL RUNNING.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2886[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2887[/ATTACH]

post-109-1389296337514_thumb.jpg

post-109-13892963375328_thumb.jpg

It is an Alpine 7901 radio/CD player' date=' but it was installed in September, 1987 by the owner who purchased the car from Carl Roberts. (I have the receipt for the installation.) I don't know what radio the car had during the filming. Perhaps JN knows or maybe someone has a photo from one of the episodes.[/quote']For some reason (I don't know why) I thought the original was a Kenwood.

I know this is dumb but I gotta say this: What did Crockett steal Leo's ac unit for his ferrari when he hopped in his mercedes during the pilot? Anyways Besides that was there any other non corvette pieces that they used on the mv cars excluding the body?

If the car is an automatic, is that a fake shifter? Does it move like a real shifter, and does it rattle around when driving?So when DJ is shifting in the car, he's just faking it for the realism effect?

If the car is an automatic' date=' is that a fake shifter? Does it move like a real shifter, and does it rattle around when driving?So when DJ is shifting in the car, he's just faking it for the realism effect?[/quote'] The cars didn't have overdrive, so DJ could have actually been "getting the most" out of the transmission. But most likely he was just acting like the shifter (which was real--just for an auto) was a 5 speed. The shifter is pure Corvette with an aftermarket knob.

I know that both the cars were auto's and in that scene from junk love that I took photos of he's shifting from park to what I thought was drive but....where's the drive mark on the shifter, do you just shift to 1 and it shifts for you?

stop at 1:58

The shifter is stock Corvette as JN said. You can put it into "3" and it will shift automatically or you can put it in "1" and manually move the stick to "2" and then to "3". So, you can "manually" shift if you want to look like you are shifting a manual transmission (although the movement is different since the manual moves up and down).

Hey Sonny-Burnett' date=' do you have any plans for the replica Ferrari dash when you replace it?[/quote'] BrianSorry for the delay. I am not sure what I will do with it but this is months away before I can say.

I know this is dumb but I gotta say this: What did Crockett steal Leo's ac unit for his ferrari when he hopped in his mercedes during the pilot? Anyways Besides that was there any other non corvette pieces that they used on the mv cars excluding the body?
Part 2 of the interior photos
One more photo
Sorry to cut you off brian It was a casset player originally. I remember seeing it in an early season 1 episode after one of the charachters that disapeared midway throught S1 gave sonny a casset after complaining to him about how long it took for him to fix it' date=' it was that guy who helped them bug the place in no exit I just cant remember his name.[/quote'] Thanks for all the great interior shots, Kavinsky and Jurassicnarc. This will come in handy in the future.