Movies you have seen recently

ArtieRollins

Just now, ViceFanMan said:

Not going to lie, Halloween 2018 was a disappointment for me. Although of course I loved it that they had figured out a way to still have Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode, I didn’t think the movie was really that scary. It just focused on how disgusting and gory and graphic can we make each kill. That’s Friday the 13th...not Halloween:( Im worried about the next one or two, as well. 

They should go out with a bang...., Laurie reaches and takes the mask off the Shape, and it's actually William Shatner underneath!!  He says "SURPRISE!!" [cue end credits]  This is really the only logical way the franchise can be neatly tied up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, timm525 said:

The movie that really freaked me out and I was in high school when it came out was “Pet Semetery”.  I just re-read the synopsis on Wikipidia and got goose bums all over again.  Zelda getting out of the bed was just too freaky. This is probably one of the only movies I’ve ever seen that I wish I could “unwatch”. That and the original Incredible Hulk in the first hulk out scene where he’s changing the tire in the rain. the white eyes (originally from the Six Million Dollar Man, Bigfoot also by Kenneth Johnson) that were bloodshot in the one scene in the rain as he flips the car. That will give me insomnia!  

Lol...the  original Incredible Hulk show used to freak me out when he changed as well! I used to hide “my” eyes when his eyes would go white, until he had fully changed to the Hulk, LOL. Pet Semetary (the novel & both movies—original & remake) are too “messed up” for me. I didn’t care for them...but it is a horrifying story!

Just now, Mr. Vigilante said:

They should go out with a bang...., Laurie reaches and takes the mask off the Shape, and it's actually William Shatner underneath!!  He says "SURPRISE!!" [cue end credits]  This is really the only logical way the franchise can be neatly tied up.

Lol...:) and he could say: “Anyone see my eyebrows anywhere?” (as they ripped off the mask eyebrows to make Michael look that much more in-human & freaky)! :p

• Administrators

I heard Bill Bixby say in an interview once that he would never allow his son who was about 6 at the time, same age as me, to watch the show as he feared his son seeing him change into the hulk would freak the kid out beyond all belief and give him nightmares. I can understand why, he gave me nightmares. He freaked me out beyond all belief...couldn’t imagine if that was dad and he was in the same house at night. I used to sleep with the door shut in my room. Many a night I woke up and had to pee...I peed in the corner of the room on the carpet cause there was no way I was opening that door to go to down the hall to the bathroom. I could hear him breathing on the other side of that door! Bull$hit for that! :hot:

19 minutes ago, timm525 said:

I heard Bill Bixby say in an interview once that he would never allow his son who was about 6 at the time, same age as me, to watch the show as he feared his son seeing him change into the hulk would freak the kid out beyond all belief and give him nightmares. I can understand why, he gave me nightmares. He freaked me out beyond all belief...couldn’t imagine if that was dad and he was in the same house at night. I used to sleep with the door shut in my room. Many a night I woke up and had to pee...I peed in the corner of the room on the carpet cause there was no way I was opening that door to go to down the hall to the bathroom. I could hear him breathing on the other side of that door! Bull$hit for that! :hot:

Yeah he freaked me out pretty good! There was one episode once, that had a “bad” Hulk...I think some other guy had done the same thing to himself that David had done...except he used his ‘hulk’ for bad. He was hiding in some old house or something & some teens came upon it—seems like he jumped out of the dark at them, or something like that. That one really creeped me out!! 

On 10/27/2017 at 12:36 AM, ViceFanMan said:

Me too, Vicefan7777! The original is my favorite scary movie...for many reasons, but mostly because of what happened to me during the first time I ever saw the film. Rented a VHS of it back in high school when home alone over night.

To make a long story shorter, we lived in the country, and at about 10:30 that night and around the time Laurie (Jamie Lee) was running back across the street to the Doyle house, with Michael in-toe, I heard a noise downstairs. I got part way down the stairs and looked to the front door. I then had the “upmost joy” of seeing someone ripping the screen of the screen door (as it was summer and the actual door was open to let air come in thru the screen door), and trying to break in. :eek:

Never before nor since have I felt that kind of fear...nor do I want to. ;) However, the psycho intruder turned out to be...my outside dog! He was scared of lightning (which it was doing that night) and was trying to get in the house with me. I could have shot him!! I was so mad :evil: I chained him to the garage, smoked a few cigarettes :rauchen: (as back then I was young and stupid...quit years ago), and—forced myself to finish the movie, lol! :funky:

I’m  really looking forward to the new 40th anniversary movie with Jamie Lee next year!! :thumbsup: Meanwhile my towns theater is showing the original next week on Halloween...I’ve already got my tickets! It’ll be awesome to se it on the big screen! Im not sure, but this could be the 1st time the films been on the big screen since ‘78 when it was released!

This was a reply I posted to @Vicefan7777 back in October of ‘17–which briefly mentions what happened to me the very first time I saw Halloween (1978)! That is the main reason, to this day, why it will always be my favorite scary movie! :eek: ;)

Edited by ViceFanMan

I just got done watching the 50th Anniversary Blu-ray of BEN-HUR (1959), starring Charlton Heston. Need I say more...other than one of the most amazing & superb movies ever made? Winner of 11 Academy Awards (including Best Picture—which is the ultimate award), I don’t believe any other movie has ever surpassed this (although I believe the 1997 movie Titanic and 2003’s The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King have “matched” it)! I could watch this movie over & over...but I don’t want to burn myself out on it, so I make myself wait long periods in between viewings. I have no other words...other than, turn off your cell phone, get off the internet, and WATCH (and learn :baby:)!! :glossy: :thumbsup: :clap: 

D72EB4DF-8F6F-4B7F-99D6-376C100C8083.jpeg

DD01A86C-E542-4442-A435-423687763855.jpeg

741BC954-B544-4468-91C6-C0D9F0B4524F.jpeg

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Yeah he freaked me out pretty good! There was one episode once, that had a “bad” Hulk...I think some other guy had done the same thing to himself that David had done...except he used his ‘hulk’ for bad. He was hiding in some old house or something & some teens came upon it—seems like he jumped out of the dark at them, or something like that. That one really creeped me out!! 

It’s funny how you remember things from when you were small. I was about 5-8ish at the time I was watching the show, way too little for that crap! 

The episode your thinking of was called “The First” Click —> here. It was a two part episode in which David learns of another creature from 30 years ago. The “old man”, Dell Fry, had been Dr. Clive’s assistant and was ill and dying. The Doctor having built his lab at his house and made out to be the spooky mad scientist running experiments. He had been experimenting with the same gamma radiation and used it to make Dell Fry into the first hulk. Dell was bad in that he had a revengeful personality unlike David and killed one of the local bullies from a bar fight to get even for the torment they had put on him. Clive realizing his experiment went horribly wrong created a cure and cured Dell the same day all the towns people came to the Clive house to get the doctor and killed him while Dell was sedated. Dell was left cured and the doctor killed.  Fast forward 30 years and along comes David on his search for his own cure and reading about the green creature. He runs into Elizabeth Collins, Doctor Clive’s old fiancé, and she gives him the key to Clive’s house. David meets Dell and is given the doctor’s notes and what he had created for the cure. David plans to use the equipment on himself with the cure Clive made but Dell gets him knocked out and hops on the table first recreating the hulk in himself. 

Great spooky two part episode and I just recalled the hulk and the old man fighting in the lab destroying the place from when I was little. In some ways the old man hulk freaked me out more. The guy that played the part was not built at all, just very tall. Him fighting with Ferrigno was laughable as he actually in the beginning was kicking his butt a little until he made him more mad. Then Ferrigno cleaned the guys clock all over that lab before the cops show up and shoot Dell’s creature dead and Elizabeth protects David as he runs away and escapes. I think it was probably the best episodes of the series IMHO.

As it’s 3:30am and I’m wide awake writing this, woke up earlier from a nightmare...about the hulk...:evil: I will also say that the other scene that terrified me was right after the hulk out in the original episode after he flips the car. He is in the woods and scares the little girl who falls in the water. He tries lowering a tree branch to save her and her father hearing her scream sees the hulk and shoots him with his rifle in the shoulder. This pissed Ferrigno off big time and he tears off up the mountain in full sprint after the guy who is fumbling around trying to load his rifle. They show the guy fumbling the gun then cut to Ferrigno sprinting full out and growling as he’s coming towards the guy and then they cut back and the the guy is still fumbling with his gun. If I was that guy seeing that damn thing coming at me like that full speed, I’d have shit myself! As it is that almost makes me shit myself just watching it. :)

And one other thing that reminds me is at the last hospital I worked at we had a radiology wing that had been built in the 70’s. Back then the radiation spatter from the technology of the day was way more then today and the way to contain it back then was with lots of concrete and lead. We had a room that had one foot thick poured concrete walls covered in lead and then drywall. The first time I went in that room I was a little freaked out. The first thing that hits you is the door. It literally  looked like a bank vault door with a hydraulic closer that had to be shut in order for the machine to work. You then walked down this narrow corridor to the other end where there was an opening into the room with the machine. It also had some kind of dual lighting in the room which was really spooky. It had normal lights which made things ok but those could be turned off and there were a red light that cast a creepy hue in the room. Of course the normal lights were always off and the spooky red light was always on. The whole thing put together just made me wonder what the f*ck do they do to you in here, turn you into the hulk? I never liked going in that room. I was always afraid the damn door would shut behind me and I’d be trapped in there with that machine on. The machine was a linear accelerator, Click —> here and was damn creepy in my opinion. No thanks. I actually hated just being in that department and seeing that door shut with the “X-Ray In Use” light on above it. Someone in there was getting zapped. :hot:I was like get me the f*ck out of here before the hulk tears that door down reminding me of when he broke out of the chamber he was in at the lab at the beginning of the show.  

So much for sleeping tonight!

Dell Frye’s hulk transformation —> https://youtu.be/uKrUAsJVALE

This guy does a really good synopsis of “The First” —> https://youtu.be/vTYT9de5eUk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, timm525 said:

It’s funny how you remember things from when you were small. I was about 5-8ish at the time I was watching the show, way too little for that crap! 

The episode your thinking of was called “The First” Click —> here. It was a two part episode in which David learns of another creature from 30 years ago. The “old man”, Dell Fry, had been Dr. Clive’s assistant and was ill and dying. The Doctor having built his lab at his house and made out to be the spooky mad scientist running experiments. He had been experimenting with the same gamma radiation and used it to make Dell Fry into the first hulk. Dell was bad in that he had a revengeful personality unlike David and killed one of the local bullies from a bar fight to get even for the torment they had put on him. Clive realizing his experiment went horribly wrong created a cure and cured Dell the same day all the towns people came to the Clive house to get the doctor and killed him while Dell was sedated. Dell was left cured and the doctor killed.  Fast forward 30 years and along comes David on his search for his own cure and reading about the green creature. He runs into Elizabeth Collins, Doctor Clive’s old fiancé, and she gives him the key to Clive’s house. David meets Dell and is given the doctor’s notes and what he had created for the cure. David plans to use the equipment on himself with the cure Clive made but Dell gets him knocked out and hops on the table first recreating the hulk in himself. 

Great spooky two part episode and I just recalled the hulk and the old man fighting in the lab destroying the place from when I was little. In some ways the old man hulk freaked me out more. The guy that played the part was not built at all, just very tall. Him fighting with Ferrigno was laughable as he actually in the beginning was kicking his butt a little until he made him more mad. Then Ferrigno cleaned the guys clock all over that lab before the cops show up and shoot Dell’s creature dead and Elizabeth protects David as he runs away and escapes. I think it was probably the best episodes of the series IMHO.

As it’s 3:30am and I’m wide awake writing this, woke up earlier from a nightmare...about the hulk...:evil: I will also say that the other scene that terrified me was right after the hulk out in the original episode after he flips the car. He is in the woods and scares the little girl who falls in the water. He tries lowering a tree branch to save her and her father hearing her scream sees the hulk and shoots him with his rifle in the shoulder. This pissed Ferrigno off big time and he tears off up the mountain in full sprint after the guy who is fumbling around trying to load his rifle. They show the guy fumbling the gun then cut to Ferrigno sprinting full out and growling as he’s coming towards the guy and then they cut back and the the guy is still fumbling with his gun. If I was that guy seeing that damn thing coming at me like that full speed, I’d have shit myself! As it is that almost makes me shit myself just watching it. :)

And one other thing that reminds me is at the last hospital I worked at we had a radiology wing that had been built in the 70’s. Back then the radiation spatter from the technology of the day was way more then today and the way to contain it back then was with lots of concrete and lead. We had a room that had one foot thick poured concrete walls covered in lead and then drywall. The first time I went in that room I was a little freaked out. The first thing that hits you is the door. It literally  looked like a bank vault door with a hydraulic closer that had to be shut in order for the machine to work. You then walked down this narrow corridor to the other end where there was an opening into the room with the machine. It also had some kind of dual lighting in the room which was really spooky. It had normal lights which made things ok but those could be turned off and there were a red light that cast a creepy hue in the room. Of course the normal lights were always off and the spooky red light was always on. The whole thing put together just made me wonder what the f*ck do they do to you in here, turn you into the hulk? I never liked going in that room. I was always afraid the damn door would shut behind me and I’d be trapped in there with that machine on. The machine was a linear accelerator, Click —> here and was damn creepy in my opinion. No thanks. I actually hated just being in that department and seeing that door shut with the “X-Ray In Use” light on above it. Someone in there was getting zapped. :hot:I was like get me the f*ck out of here before the hulk tears that door down reminding me of when he broke out of the chamber he was in at the lab at the beginning of the show.  

So much for sleeping tonight!

Dell Frye’s hulk transformation —> https://youtu.be/uKrUAsJVALE

This guy does a really good synopsis of “The First” —> https://youtu.be/vTYT9de5eUk

Awesome...thanks for all the info! It’s been YEARS since I’ve seen Incredible Hulk...might have to get a hold of it sometime soon. :baby: 

• 2 months later...

Watching What Lies Beneath (2000), with Michelle Pfeiffer & Harrison Ford. I haven’t watched this in probably 15 years or more...forgot how awesome this movie is! Some consider it horror, but I’d say it’s more psychological/supernatural suspense.

The plot is in-depth & captivating, the performances by all are superb, the film focuses primarily on the plot & figuring things out—rather than how many body parts can you get ripped out (as there’s very little if any ‘gore’)—which I prefer, and the scares/jumps are perfect & perfectly placed! They’re not over-done or used, and you’re fascinated/captivated till the shocking end! :clap: 

Plus...I’ve always liked Michelle Pfeiffer. :happy:  However, I’ve seen other movies with actors or actresses I really like, and they suck. But, this movie is an amazing suspense scare film that scores on all aspects! 

C97C7163-C9A8-4CC0-B2B7-12CC41CFD039.jpeg

B64AF32C-BED7-4954-8F62-4B71037DF739.jpeg

DC2FB155-BCD5-46B5-8AD7-8F1CE1CD5107.jpeg

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have not watched Dawn of the Dead (1978) in several years.  Watched it again tonight.  To quote film critic Roger Ebert, "It is gruesome, sickening, disgusting, violent, brutal, and appalling.  It is also...brilliantly crafted..."  George A. Romero wrote and directed this classic zombie film and it is very entertaining. It is very gory watching zombies eat the non-infected while alive.  While my wife and I were watching we were talking about what would we do if this was really happening. Would we survive?  Fortunately, it is only a movie. 

dawn.jpg.bcc3dc1f51f8408675636ee83cd8ceab.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Vicefan7777 said:

I have not watched Dawn of the Dead (1978) in several years.  Watched it again tonight.  To quote film critic Roger Ebert, "It is gruesome, sickening, disgusting, violent, brutal, and appalling.  It is also...brilliantly crafted..."  George A. Romero wrote and directed this classic zombie film and it is very entertaining. It is very gory watching zombies eat the non-infected while alive.  While my wife and I were watching we were talking about what would we do if this was really happening. Would we survive?  Fortunately, it is only a movie. 

dawn.jpg.bcc3dc1f51f8408675636ee83cd8ceab.jpg

This is one wild and crazy movie! One of the many things that sticks with me is that hilarious song:

12 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

"Bloodsport" on Netflix

The acting and the fight sequences are so bad. 

3/10

You have the be 7 or 8 years old to understand it. :)

One of my ALL-TIME favorites! A true masterpiece of cringe. 

• Haha 2

I saw “The Sting” for the first time. Most people think it’s fantastic, but not me! I thought it was boring and long. Lacked morale, lacked zest, lacked flavor.

I didn’t like how these grifters got away with everything. These guys were really lowlifes. I think they should have went with an ending that crime doesn’t pay.

A big thing that bothers me is that this movie takes place in 1936, but they use ragtime music by Scott Joplin. I love ragtime but that genre was already a thing of the past then. “The Entertainer” was written in 1902, 34 years before the movie takes place. You don’t have to use current music in a film, of course, but to fit the mood of 1936, they should have used swing or big band music! Or maybe they could have used some 1930’s Hoagy Carmichael like our good friend Frank Hackman liked!

Imagine a new movie released in 2020 takes place in 1985, but then they use a song from 1951 as the theme song. Doesn’t really capture the atmosphere when you’re already trying to make it take place in ‘85.

Edited by AndrewRemington
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AndrewRemington said:

I saw “The Sting” for the first time. Most people think it’s fantastic, but not me! I thought it was boring and long. Lacked morale, lacked zest, lacked flavor.

I didn’t like how these grifters got away with everything. These guys were really lowlifes. I think they should have went with an ending that crime doesn’t pay.

A big thing that bothers me is that this movie takes place in 1936, but they use ragtime music by Scott Joplin. I love ragtime but that genre was already a thing of the past then. “The Entertainer” was written in 1902, 34 years before the movie takes place. You don’t have to use current music in a film, of course, but to fit the mood of 1936, they should have used swing or big band music! Or maybe they could have used some 1930’s Hoagy Carmichael like our good friend Frank Hackman liked!

Imagine a new movie released in 2020 takes place in 1985, but then they use a song from 1951 as the theme song. Doesn’t really capture the atmosphere when you’re already trying to make it take place in ‘85.

I totally agree about the music, it wasn't even popular anymore in the 30's as well. 

It is suppose to be serious film but this music ruins the mood of the film, sounds really goofy.

It's an overrated, overlong and unconvincing formulaic crime caper that relies heavily on star power.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

I totally agree about the music, it wasn't even popular anymore in the 30's as well. 

It is suppose to be serious film but this music ruins the mood of the film, sounds really goofy.

It's an overrated, overlong and unconvincing formulaic crime caper that relies heavily on star power.

I’m glad you agree! It seems like everyone loves it and I only saw one negative review on IMDB.

I definitely agree about the reliance on star power. Robert Redford did a pretty good job, though. It was also fun to see a younger Jack Kehoe (John Malone from MV “The Home Invaders”).

• Like 1

In the past couple nights, with it being that time of year, I’ve watched both the original 1941 classic & the superb 2010 remake of...The Wolfman! If you can get past the initial ridiculous idea of ‘werewolves’, the characters, plot, tragedy, heartache, suspense, cinematography, etc...are amazing for both movies! :thumbsup: 

I’m not sure why the 2010 film got such negative reviews (other than some idiotic critics got-off on trying to ruin a really good movie just because they thought they could), as it’s a truly underrated horror/suspense masterpiece! :clap: The performances, depth of the characters, filming locations, and the inevitable tragic—yet fascinating story captivates me every time! :glossy:

So, whether it’s Lon Chaney, Jr., or Benicio Del Toro, if you’re looking for the best werewolf movies come Halloween...I definitely recommend both “Wolfman” flicks! 

8D34F8C2-5ABA-436A-BD59-3339D88B24E5.jpeg

8D27CC6F-B48E-43AF-8034-AE6E7C2F25BD.jpeg

Edited by ViceFanMan

Just saw the second "Borat" movie. Not my type of humor and mostly completely ridiculous.

But I really laughed about how he mocked the Republicans (Borat drags a girl away wearing a Trump mask at a GOP convention) and Rudy Guliani (he got lured by a false female reporter and laid on a bed and stuck his hand in his pants as he obviously hoped for more). These scenes said more about the "victims" than about Borat.

P.S. I saw Sacha Cohen in a great movie about an Isreali spy in Syria. Serious movie with great acting. He can play more than just Borat.

On 10/21/2020 at 6:23 AM, AndrewRemington said:

I’m a fan of the film but the pacing is certainly slower than films today.  That’s not unusual.  I studied film history and have watched many hundreds of hours of older films.  I’ve been particularly enjoying TCM’s Silent Sundays for the last few years and have learned so much about films predating sound that was sadly overlooked at my university.  This film is from the 70’s, a really interesting decade for film and my favorite, but the storytelling was quite deliberate and slower paced. I suppose the more older films one watches, the less the pacing is apparent.  It was inspired by two conmen brothers from Chicago, I believe.  There’s a book about them called The Big Con.  

As far as judging them all as lowlifes, I think the filmmakers attempted to draw an ethical distinction by having the sting perpetrated on a big mob boss associated with violent crime as opposed to the confidence schemes relating to property crime.  It’s related to the Robin Hood myths in many ways, with minor crimes justified as necessary to counter major criminal activity.  Robert Shaw was great as Doyle Lonnegan, and him being the victim of the sting was not unlike the Sheriff of Nottingham being Robin Hood’s foe as the henchman of Prince John nefarious activities.  There is a long history in film of these types of stories.

The film is also known for its anachronistic choice of ragtime music, particularly The Entertainer, which charted when the film was released, and is credited with reviving what was an almost forgotten musical form.  For that alone it is important.  Today access to older music is relatively easy but that was not typically the case in the past, particularly forms that were popular before recordings such as ragtime.  Joplin made most of his money from sheet music sales as was the norm for that era.  The film was rightly selected, I think, for preservation in the US National Film Registry of the Library of Congress as being culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant.

Joplin’s story is fascinating in itself.  There is a decent film about him starring Billy D Williams that likely never would have been made without ragtime regaining notice because of The Sting,   It’s worth’s look historically and musically.  The dueling piano scene is the highlight.

• 5 months later...

Went for an old, but classic movie tonight...To Have and Have Not (1944). This was the famous action-adventure romance flick that brought Bogie and Bacall together...in the film & in real life! :glossy: 

Lauren Bacall was just 19 & Humphrey Bogart was 44 when filming began...but immediately the sparks flew and the chemistry exploded...on screen & off! =) Less than a year later they married & remained so until Bogie’s death from cancer in 1957. But, they made 3 other movies together: The Big Sleep (1946)—my actual favorite, Dark Passage (1947)—my 2nd favorite, and Key Largo (1948)—my least favorite of the 4.  

But, To Have and Have Not is awesome...full of action, intrigue, suspense, romance, when smoking was cool :rauchen:, and even a little humor, this movie is always a “fun” one to watch! Ol’ Hackman’s idol even has a memorable part :p...as Hoagy Carmichael plays ‘Cricket’, the pianist that sings with Bacall. He doesn’t sing “Lazy Bones”, but “Hong Kong Blues” suffices. :radio:

E0481C0B-D1B8-4F7A-A1A2-23B2F58A3848.jpeg

91BF06C4-208A-44BC-AE1E-C4FF9B2EE2E5.jpeg

E66D45C2-9527-41EA-AB65-06EBA3CA47E1.jpeg

2CD3A767-52BC-4E09-BBAC-9F74BACED31A.jpeg

FD17E83C-E280-44F1-A0DD-7393CCB68CEB.jpeg

0FD0E5C0-B846-4392-BDC0-0CEA709E0B65.jpeg

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2020 at 9:18 AM, Bren10 said:

Just rewatched Mean Streets while making spaghetti. Like Friday and Big Lebowski, it never gets old.

Officer Davis: What are you gonna do about this?

Joey: It's a harmless pen knife!

Officer Davis: This is a dangerous weapon!

Charlie: No, it's got a toothpick in there!

Joey: Look, let me give you some car fare.

Officer Davis: Okay.

Joey: Took you long enough. Where you headed?

Office Davis: Going to New Jersey.

Joey peels off a few bills and hands them over. Officer Davis takes the money.

Officer Davis: Going to Philadelphia.

Joey peels off a few more bills and hands them over.  Officer Davis takes the additional money.

Officer Davis: You boys stop foolin' around now. That's how people get hurt.

Joey: I tell ya, everyday it's like Christmas with these cops.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OCBman said:

Officer Davis: What are you gonna do about this?

Joey: It's a harmless pen knife!

Officer Davis: This is a dangerous weapon!

Charlie: No, it's got a toothpick in there!

Joey: Look, let me give you some car fare.

Officer Davis: Okay.

Joey: Took you long enough. Where you headed?

Office Davis: Going to New Jersey.

Joey peels off a few bills and hands them over. Officer Davis takes the money.

Officer Davis: Going to Philadelphia.

Joey peels off a few more bills and hands them over.  Officer Davis takes the additional money.

Officer Davis: You boys stop foolin' around now. That's how people get hurt.

Joey: I tell ya, everyday it's like Christmas with these cops.

I don't know if you know this but the big fella Joey in this was going to be in that scene as the crazy, jealous husband/boyfriend in "Taxi Driver" the scene Scorsese played himself in the back of Travis taxi. Sadly he died before he got the chance, broke his skull I think from injuries sustained in an accident involving a stunt car during the filming of "The Farmer"

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 1