Movies you have seen recently

ArtieRollins

10 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I don't know if you know this but the big fella Joey in this was going to be in that scene as the crazy, jealous husband/boyfriend in "Taxi Driver" the scene Scorsese played himself in the back of Travis taxi. Sadly he died before he got the chance, broke his skull I think from injuries sustained in an accident involving a stunt car during the filming of "The Farmer"

Wow. I did not know that! 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Anybody seen this one from 1984? It’s a Miami Vice guest star bash! :) 

Yep!  Saw it when it first hit the theaters.  Have only watched it once but I do remember laughing at the title.  It is just an OK movie from what I can remember.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Anybody seen this one from 1984? It’s a Miami Vice guest star bash! :) 

I have not seen this! 

The last movie I watched was this very entertaining Korean film:

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoy classic films from the Golden Age of Hollywood.  Tonight my wife and I watched the classic comedy from 1948, Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.  This screwball comedy is about a family and their struggles to build a house from the ground up.  Gary Grant and Myrna Loy are in top form as the husband and wife team.  Anyone who owns a home can relate to all the cost overruns and the unexpected problems they encounter.  Fun film.

1391435515_mrblandings.thumb.jpg.35e1f36c329d760af2177d6dd7f3fff3.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/17/2021 at 8:47 PM, Vicefan7777 said:

I really enjoy classic films from the Golden Age of Hollywood.  Tonight my wife and I watched the classic comedy from 1948, Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.  This screwball comedy is about a family and their struggles to build a house from the ground up.  Gary Grant and Myrna Loy are in top form as the husband and wife team.  Anyone who owns a home can relate to all the cost overruns and the unexpected problems they encounter.  Fun film.

1391435515_mrblandings.thumb.jpg.35e1f36c329d760af2177d6dd7f3fff3.jpg

This is a great one.  Myrna Loy’s scene where she’s trying to describe the precise colors for the rooms to be painted is classic.  

There were actually quite a few homes built to the floor plans depicted.  It was part of the marketing for the film.

https://hookedonhouses.net/2016/06/09/mr-blandings-dream-house-replica/

Edited by pahonu

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

mib international or something like that...with that Thor guy....

piece of shit.

Is that the one with Liam Neeson? From what I heard it's like a reboot of the original franchise.

6 hours ago, Mr. Calderon said:

mib international or something like that...with that Thor guy....

piece of shit.

Agreed and I love the original MiB.. but that movie just wasn't it at all. It was boring & lazy. MIB is Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith. Period. 

3 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Is that the one with Liam Neeson? From what I heard it's like a reboot of the original franchise.

Yeah with that  carroon. Again... a piece.

• Haha 1

"Dune"

See the source image

A fascinating film and even at times a great one. It is certainly a beautiful film to watch and the special effects are stunning.

I hate the fact that David Lynch doesn't appreciate it. I think it's great and massively underrated.

A rating.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 3:36 PM, RedDragon86 said:

"Dune"

See the source image

A fascinating film and even at times a great one. It is certainly a beautiful film to watch and the special effects are stunning.

I hate the fact that David Lynch doesn't appreciate it. I think it's great and massively underrated.

A rating.

Kyle MacLachlan was in it, right? I liked him as Dale Cooper in Twin Peaks

Edited by sdiegolo78
  • Like 1

I just watched White Sands today:

and Fatal Attraction a couple of evenings ago:

Two great movies with outstanding cast, and among my favorite thrillers of all time!

Edited by sdiegolo78
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing like a little Hitchcock on the big screen! My town’s historic Fox Theater is showing Vertigo (1958) tonight...I love Hitchcock & couldn’t resist! :clap: Amazing, tragic, yet “haunting” & captivating film! Although many think Hitch never did any noirs, that’s actually incorrect. Vertigo is definitely film noir, and (and much like movie Niagara...and MV years later ;)) actually uses color to its advantage & to accentuate the noir aspects. :glossy: Amazing movie, with superb actors! 

4C8430F4-5FCB-4799-93EE-59558C4FAD8E.jpeg

F22814A5-4357-4C6A-9A0A-1F75CB63BD5E.png

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 3

Finally saw Joker.  Joaquin Phoenix did a great job.  With such a dark film it will be interesting to see this cross-over into a Batman story.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Nothing like a little Hitchcock on the big screen! My town’s historic Fox Theater is showing Vertigo (1958) tonight...I love Hitchcock & couldn’t resist! :clap: Amazing, tragic, yet “haunting” & captivating film! Although many think Hitch never did any noirs, that’s actually incorrect. Vertigo is definitely film noir, and (and much like movie Niagara...and MV years later ;)) actually uses color to its advantage & to accentuate the noir aspects. :glossy: Amazing movie, with superb actors! 

Masterpiece!

James Stewart was such a wonderful actor, no way could Cary Grant have carried off the intensity necessary for this film. Stewart's performance is raw, primal and utterly convincing.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 8:39 PM, sdiegolo78 said:

I've watched this last Sunday night, before the 'over the line episode' for a bad cops night :evil:

Before Vic Mackey and Hank Voight, there was Dennis Peck.

One of the underrated crime thrillers of the 90's.

One Mike Figgis's best films and Gere's best performances.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2021 at 5:00 PM, ViceFanMan said:

I too am a Hitchcock and Jimmy Stewart fan.  He really was intensely wonderful in this film.  He was equally superb in Rear Window. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vicefan7777 said:

I too am a Hitchcock and Jimmy Stewart fan.  He really was intensely wonderful in this film.  He was equally superb in Rear Window. 

Agreed...could not have said it better! He was really good in The Man Who Knew Too Much, as well! But Rear Window is probably my favorite, with Vertigo coming in a close second. They say Jimmy Stewart was a very genuine & down-to-earth person, and was not caught up in the Hollywood garbage. Most who worked with him, or knew him, said he was very much like the roles he played. He was not fake or a jerk. 

• 2 weeks later...

Watched 48 hrs again after years, last weekend:

One of my favorite buddy cop movies ever. Eddie Murphy fist fight vs Nick Nolte is something memorable.

Olivia Brown, Brion James (Reese from Borrasca), David Patrick Kelly (home invaders) and James Remar (Robbie Cann/Cannata from Buddies) also feature in the movie.

I also watched the sequel 'another 48 hrs', for the first time. Brion James is in it too :)

The relationship between the two leads in the first movie, reminded me a bit of Crockett and Tubbs in the pilot, with all due proportions of course. Hated each other guts at first and both reluctant...but in the end they made it work, united by the same goal (bring down the bad guy).

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 1:20 AM, Mr. Vigilante said:

Finally saw Joker.  Joaquin Phoenix did a great job.  With such a dark film it will be interesting to see this cross-over into a Batman story.

Watched it last year, i loved it! Early into the movie i kinda rooted for Joaquin Phoenix character, until he went berserk :) and did indeed become the joker.

Great performance from Bob DeNiro as well.

Edited by sdiegolo78

• Administrators
21 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Watched it last year, i loved it! Early into the movie i kinda rooted for Joaquin Phoenix character, until he went berserk :) and did indeed become the joker.

Great performance from Bob DeNiro as well.

Awards and reviews aside, I have no desire to see this film.  I'm a fan of Batman but this joker looked more like a circus clown than the DC character. 

• Like 1