Episode #111 "Freefall"

Ferrariman

Also, I forgot to adress the question: "How could you give it a ten, when it lacked certain things that you admit ?" Well...... to be frank, every episode that I rate a CLEAN 10 (and there are 15 in the entire series for me) kind of have this type of criticism. You can't have a perfect episode, but this one for me, paid back for what it lacked in certain other areas, pretty much like the Burnett saga, it lacked the Testarossa, the OCB, had a silly villan, etc into them, yet I rate the trillogy to be a perfect 10 also.

On 9/18/2015 at 9:48 PM, vicegirl85 said:

I also felt like a lot of the S5 episodes weren't up to the previous standard the first time around.  Since I've been re-watching the series recently I've seen the Burnett episodes (thought those were really good, equal to previous top eps), Bad Timing (liked it better this time around), and To Have and To Hold (liked it then and I still do like Crockett's part, although it has its faults; Tubbs' part is meh).  But then decided to go through the whole series in order, so will withhold a verdict on the rest :)  Others have said they felt DJ had checked out, but even though I hated the shaggy, long hair, messy look and burned-out attitude, I never felt he had checked out from his character.  In the episodes I've already re-watched, I'm now seeing the things I disliked in the original run as manifestations of Sonny Crockett(the character)'s burned out state of mind.  From that vantage point I am liking it better.  And I chalk up some of the weak episodes to poor writing, which existed throughout the show's run intermittently.  S5 just seemed to get a little more of it (for me).

Freefall was an ep I didn't really like but it's not bad and was a suitable ending in some ways.

I could be mistaken about DJ but it makes me happier to think he was just furthering his character's downward spiral than to think he was just marking time until he was free of the show.

Yes and the DJ character's downward spiral had that realism feel after the events of late season 4 and early S5

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Yes and the DJ character's downward spiral had that realism feel after the events of late season 4 and early S5

The Burnett saga was one of my favourite parts of the show. It explored something new, and it came out to be good, all the Burnett saga episodes are in my top 10 MV episodes because of how deep and good those episodes were. "Freefall", "Hostile takeover", "Redemption in blood" are my clean 10/10 episodes from Season 5. 

• Like 4

The finale we got had some great moments but yeah, it wasn't as great as I'd liked it to have been.

It is a real shame more was not made of the Calderone story arch. A show finale encompassing our duo up against Orlando and Rico finding his son would've been a more meaty way to wrap things up. (In this reality Afternoon Plane doesn't exist). It also could have helped Crockett get some closure with the death of Kaitlyn and his own child.

And as much as I love the Testossaronii, the open-top nature of the daytona was sorely missed by this guy.

But one of the things about the show was it was not afraid to mix things up. This gave us great episodes like "Shadow In the Dark" but also gave us awful one's like...you know the ones.

Edited by fakespyder
furthur explain
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adrian321 said:

The Burnett saga was one of my favourite parts of the show. It explored something new, and it came out to be good, all the Burnett saga episodes are in my top 10 MV episodes because of how deep and good those episodes were. "Freefall", "Hostile takeover", "Redemption in blood" are my clean 10/10 episodes from Season 5. 

I'm also quite fond of the Burnett saga.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fakespyder said:

The finale we got had some great moments but yeah, it wasn't as great as I'd liked it to have been.

It is a real shame more was not made of the Calderone story arch. A show finale encompassing our duo up against Orlando and Rico finding his son would've been a more meaty way to wrap things up. (In this reality Afternoon Plane doesn't exist).

And as much as I love the Testossaronii, the open-top nature of the daytona was sorely missed by this guy.

But one of the things about the show was it was not afraid to mix things up. This gave us great episodes like "Shadow In the Dark" but also gave us awful one's like...you know the ones.

If the finale combined the style and music of first seasons it would have been in the top 10 or 5 of many more MV fans, so, in this way, the finale could've been better, however, I am very pleased with it the way it is, as the context really does matter. I could create a whole BAD season of MV made out mostly of S4 and S5 episodes, so this finale, even if not considered as one of the best episodes in the series, can surely be considered one of the best episodes of S5 for sure. 

In my point of view, the Testarossa kinda balanced or atleast was a factor in balancing the latter 3 seasons with a much better looking car, that is also authentic. While I also miss the convertible Corvette "Daytona", the Ferrari Testarossa really fits the darker style of S3/4/5. I mean, the "Daytona" looks very nice in sunny scenes with the top down, such as in "Out where the buses don't run" intro.

Shadow in the Dark is.... AMAZING. While also being totally diffrent, so this shows that if used in the right way, the dark athmosphere can actually create good stuff too. Such a pity that a lot of potential was lost in the following episodes.....

Calderone story arc was a joy to watch, and this really shows how consistent Season 1 was. THE MOST consistent season in regards of good episodes, not all of them were great as they didn't have certain elements, but ALL of them were not under the "unwatchable" line. Season 2 however was a joy to watch because of the sheer amount of good music and style. So, as a whole, I rate Season 1 and 2 to be the best, but some of my favourite episodes are not from here.

Unfortunately, the "dark" shift was neccesary, otherwise it would have become overused (the light athmosphere we all love) and the classic MV moments wouldn't weight as much on the "scale" if they weren't used in modderation and if they were across all seasons.

If I made any mistake, please correct/forgive me, as english isn't my first language.

Just an FYI, Freefall is quite polarizing amongst the fandom and can be a lightning rod for discussion. And seasons 1 & 2 are the equivalent of sacred texts amongst many. And I'm not saying that in a condescending fashion. Think of Star Wars original trilogy fans or original series Star Trek fans and you'd be close.

• Like 1

Just now, Bren10 said:

Just an FYI, Freefall is quite polarizing amongst the fandom and can be a lightning rod for discussion. And seasons 1 & 2 are the equivalent of sacred texts amongst many. And I'm not saying that in a condescending fashion. Think of Star Wars original trilogy fans or original series Star Trek fans and you'd be close.

This I can agree on 100%. Freefall is top 5 in my list, maybe a reason being that it ended a series that brought me so much joy..... outside all the other 18 reasons I stated. I saw some MV fans here that rated this episode a 5....... and then  I remember that they rated an okay episode from either 1st or 2nd season to be a "full 10/10" and this seems quite biased in my view......... S1/2 defined the show, and are what most people that originally watched it will remember, and as I stated numerous times, I also find them to be very good and the most consistent seasons, but this can also bring bias while rating anything other than that category, not to mention that this is not any average episode, this was the finale, and it combined SO many good elements, just to be given a 5/10... if this isn't bias, I don't know what is.........

@Adrian321

I agree. I loved their switch to a darker tone too and I appreciate your point about the Testarossa. It contrasted well against the literal and figurative darkness of the world they worked in.

@Bren10

I hope we're not as bad as Trekkies

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Adrian321 said:

This I can agree on 100%. Freefall is top 5 in my list, maybe a reason being that it ended a series that brought me so much joy..... outside all the other 18 reasons I stated. I saw some MV fans here that rated this episode a 5....... and then  I remember that they rated an okay episode from either 1st or 2nd season to be a "full 10/10" and this seems quite biased in my view......... S1/2 defined the show, and are what most people that originally watched it will remember, and as I stated numerous times, I also find them to be very good and the most consistent seasons, but this can also bring bias while rating anything other than that category, not to mention that this is not any average episode, this was the finale, and it combined SO many good elements, just to be given a 5/10... if this isn't bias, I don't know what is.........

To finnish what I wanted to say, let's make a scenario. Let's say we have a glass, of wine. Some of the finest wine out there, but it's enough only for 3 quarters of the glass. Do you enjoy the full quarters at its best, or be unsatisfied that it wasn't enough to fill all of the quarters ? I see many people here commenting that the finale was "poor", and bring to some arguments, but forget about all the "top notch" stuff it offers. A trip outside Miami, many shootouts and explosions, 2 Testarossa scenes, a heartwarming credits montage, iconic quotes, quite a bit of decent music, some nice views of Miami, a bit of emotion, it combines the last moment of our loved characters, Castillo,Izzy Stan,etc, last moments in the series that are so good to watch, a last view of what we've been watching for quite some time. I mean, in my point of view, the things this episode lacks are all filled by what it HAS to offer. All episodes from the series, like Brother's keeper, The Prodigal son, Definitely Miami, Forgive us our debts, etc, that I rate a clean 10 have certain misses, but all of them filled them up by what they have to offer since no perfect episodes exists, but any 10/10 means a perfect rating, so that means that the content the episode offers is beyond what it already lacks. The lacks could mean anything that was not good as it should've been, like simple goofs, poor choices of music, etc.

Edited by Adrian321
Forgot something
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, fakespyder said:

@Adrian321

I agree. I loved their switch to a darker tone too and I appreciate your point about the Testarossa. It contrasted well against the literal and figurative darkness of the world they worked in.

@Bren10

I hope we're not as bad as Trekkies

It's always nice to have a conversation with other MV fans. I am very direct with my point of view because I like to be honest with what I belive and think, even if others may not agree with me completely or not at all, I still like to talk about topics. The more controversial they are, the better. Maybe I got this reflex since I am used to debating both politically, rationally on very sensitive topics. Hope I don't offend anyone, as I try not to.

• Like 2

I wonder what was of Crockett, Tubbs and the rest of OCB after the events of freefall. We do know they resigned from the force the moment they threw their badges, Tubbs went back to NY and Crockett hinted at leaving Miami with the Ferrari, heading south (where to? Cuba? Colombia?!). And what about Switeck? Did he eventually get fired because of his antics and gambling addiction? I assume Gina, Trudy and the Lt. stayed with Vice. It would be interesting to see if the writers and producers had this in the back of their mind for a potential reunion. It was even rumored but never happened.

Perhaps Sonny moved to San Francisco a few years later and became Nash Bridges...:D:D:D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adrian321 said:

I think all the “good” or “amazing” elements from episodes are usually the viewer’s opinion;) There are certain aspects of episodes or seasons that perhaps the majority of fans agree on, while others are more up for debate. But, it still comes down to opinion. 

You came off pretty strong with at least “sounding” as if you think the majority of fans are ridiculous for liking the first 2-3 seasons best, overall. Although you have since stated you also do like those seasons...there’s still an “undercurrent” to your posts that sort of looks down upon them and/or fans who like them.

By all means everyone can like or dislike episodes/seasons for whatever reasons...but understand what you view as a so-called “10” and an “okay/so-so” episode may very well differ than others. In all honesty, you sound like you are irritated by or even dislike what defined the show originally, and episodes that entailed all of that...and almost “purposely” like most of the later episodes/seasons that were anything but that. That’s totally cool if that’s truly how you view the show...but understand, most likely the majority of fans will disagree.

Like it or not, Seasons 1&2 basically defined the show and what it was about. So, when they started changing or doing away with iconic/trademark elements in later seasons (along with terrible plots), it did not go over well. In my opinion ALL seasons have very good episodes...but especially starting with Season 4 & then on through 5, the majority of episodes were not good. They were bizarre, or made little sense, or were just plain stupid! 

Seasons 1&2 (3 was still pretty good but was starting to change things up & not all for the best) were the best overall...because they contained the best episodes & what the show was all about. By the time they got to the end, ratings had nose dived so bad that cancellation was inevitable. But, I think the majority of fans were hoping the finale would be much better than it was. Sadly, I think for most it failed...miserably.

My opinion, although it seems to be shared by most from what I’ve read over the years, but Freefall was a huge disappointment! Even with some of the elements you mentioned (some I agree with, some I don’t) , it still wasn’t enough to have the show go out with the proverbial bang. It was a let-down (ridiculous plot, hardly any cast except Crockett & Tubbs, not even in Miami, leaves you hanging, & just pretty much depressing). I feel MV deserved a MUCH better finale! 

But, to each his or her own...if you love Freefall, that’s cool! :cool: We all are fans of the show, and love different episodes/seasons for different reasons! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ViceFanMan said:

I think all the “good” or “amazing” elements from episodes are usually the viewer’s opinion;) There are certain aspects of episodes or seasons that perhaps the majority of fans agree on, while others are more up for debate. But, it still comes down to opinion. 

You came off pretty strong with at least “sounding” as if you think the majority of fans are ridiculous for liking the first 2-3 seasons best, overall. Although you have since stated you also do like those seasons...there’s still an “undercurrent” to your posts that sort of looks down upon them and/or fans who like them.

By all means everyone can like or dislike episodes/seasons for whatever reasons...but understand what you view as a so-called “10” and an “okay/so-so” episode may very well differ than others. In all honesty, you sound like you are irritated by or even dislike what defined the show originally, and episodes that entailed all of that...and almost “purposely” like most of the later episodes/seasons that were anything but that. That’s totally cool if that’s truly how you view the show...but understand, most likely the majority of fans will disagree.

Like it or not, Seasons 1&2 basically defined the show and what it was about. So, when they started changing or doing away with iconic/trademark elements in later seasons (along with terrible plots), it did not go over well. In my opinion ALL seasons have very good episodes...but especially starting with Season 4 & then on through 5, the majority of episodes were not good. They were bizarre, or made little sense, or were just plain stupid! 

Seasons 1&2 (3 was still pretty good but was starting to change things up & not all for the best) were the best overall...because they contained the best episodes & what the show was all about. By the time they got to the end, ratings had nose dived so bad that cancellation was inevitable. But, I think the majority of fans were hoping the finale would be much better than it was. Sadly, I think for most it failed...miserably.

My opinion, although it seems to be shared by most from what I’ve read over the years, but Freefall was a huge disappointment! Even with some of the elements you mentioned (some I agree with, some I don’t) , it still wasn’t enough to have the show go out with the proverbial bang. It was a let-down (ridiculous plot, hardly any cast except Crockett & Tubbs, not even in Miami, leaves you hanging, & just pretty much depressing). I feel MV deserved a MUCH better finale! 

But, to each his or her own...if you love Freefall, that’s cool! :cool: We all are fans of the show, and love different episodes/seasons for different reasons! :thumbsup:

I think that remark was quite "out of the stomach", but that was my opinion only also. As I am used to debating, I oftentimes offer to my point an argument or something that is atleast partially correct or totally depending on situation. Before I watched the finale I viewed some reviews and was sad to see how bad some of them were, HOWEVER, when I watched it, I was so......... pleased and thought really much of how low they were (the reviews) compared to what I thought. I agree with you that a lot of S4 and 5 was bad..... Heck, if I was to make a season of MV, ONLY with bad episodes, I'd choose 75% from S4 and 5 and 25% from the rest, however, there were quite a lot of gems too there.

I am not irritated by first seasons,they were the ones that I enjoyed the most, but the "ok" episode is something I define as (watchable, but doesn't offer something that you will remember about the show in some time) and I really saw some reviews and I compared the results across multiple "ok rated episodes" in my view across the series or even good ones, and saw a pretty big diffrence that made me question "why".

Well, in the closing, we have diffrent opinions on the show, but in the end we are all MV fans, in one way or another, and that is the reason this forum exists in the first place too.... If everyone had the same opinion, why bother tell it anyways ?

I will go to sleep. In my country it's very late now. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Adrian321 said:

If the finale combined the style and music of first seasons it would have been in the top 10 or 5 of many more MV fans, so, in this way, the finale could've been better, however, I am very pleased with it the way it is, as the context really does matter. I could create a whole BAD season of MV made out mostly of S4 and S5 episodes, so this finale, even if not considered as one of the best episodes in the series, can surely be considered one of the best episodes of S5 for sure. 

In my point of view, the Testarossa kinda balanced or atleast was a factor in balancing the latter 3 seasons with a much better looking car, that is also authentic. While I also miss the convertible Corvette "Daytona", the Ferrari Testarossa really fits the darker style of S3/4/5. I mean, the "Daytona" looks very nice in sunny scenes with the top down, such as in "Out where the buses don't run" intro.

Shadow in the Dark is.... AMAZING. While also being totally diffrent, so this shows that if used in the right way, the dark athmosphere can actually create good stuff too. Such a pity that a lot of potential was lost in the following episodes.....

Calderone story arc was a joy to watch, and this really shows how consistent Season 1 was. THE MOST consistent season in regards of good episodes, not all of them were great as they didn't have certain elements, but ALL of them were not under the "unwatchable" line. Season 2 however was a joy to watch because of the sheer amount of good music and style. So, as a whole, I rate Season 1 and 2 to be the best, but some of my favourite episodes are not from here.

Unfortunately, the "dark" shift was neccesary, otherwise it would have become overused (the light athmosphere we all love) and the classic MV moments wouldn't weight as much on the "scale" if they weren't used in modderation and if they were across all seasons.

If I made any mistake, please correct/forgive me, as english isn't my first language.

S1 and S2 are definitely my favourites too...As with S2 i feel they compensated with greater attention to detail, style and visuals for the weak plots of some episodes.

• Like 1

As someone who appreciates the later seasons, I can say there is often an undercurrent from some that there's something wrong with you or your fan status if you happen to like the later episodes, and that's doubled if you happen to like certain episodes or specific characters. That's bound to happen with just about any show, but trying to deny it occurs is just silly in my view.

Was Freefall an ideal ending for Vice? Possibly not. Was it better than some longer-running shows (like Gunsmoke) got? Yes. But by this stage of its development, it was almost inevitable the show would go out with a metaphoric whimper instead of a bang. All things considered, especially network dynamics, I think we should be glad there was an actual finale at all, no matter how imperfect some may feel it is.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Adrian321 said:

I think that remark was quite "out of the stomach", but that was my opinion only also. As I am used to debating, I oftentimes offer to my point an argument or something that is atleast partially correct or totally depending on situation. Before I watched the finale I viewed some reviews and was sad to see how bad some of them were, HOWEVER, when I watched it, I was so......... pleased and thought really much of how low they were (the reviews) compared to what I thought. I agree with you that a lot of S4 and 5 was bad..... Heck, if I was to make a season of MV, ONLY with bad episodes, I'd choose 75% from S4 and 5 and 25% from the rest, however, there were quite a lot of gems too there.

I am not irritated by first seasons,they were the ones that I enjoyed the most, but the "ok" episode is something I define as (watchable, but doesn't offer something that you will remember about the show in some time) and I really saw some reviews and I compared the results across multiple "ok rated episodes" in my view across the series or even good ones, and saw a pretty big diffrence that made me question "why".

Well, in the closing, we have diffrent opinions on the show, but in the end we are all MV fans, in one way or another, and that is the reason this forum exists in the first place too.... If everyone had the same opinion, why bother tell it anyways ?

I will go to sleep. In my country it's very late now. 

Most of my posts come “from the heart” :p, but as for an “ok” episode I feel like most of those were in Season 3. Still a good or “ok” season, but not as memorable or “defined” as the first two. 

By Season 4 the episodes went beyond “ok”, and tended to go towards bizarre & ridiculous. There were still some really good episodes in those seasons, but sadly not enough to save the show. My opinion, but seems to be shared by the majority. 

Debate is sometimes okay, or even fun/interesting...but “trying” to create a debate just to get to disagree, isn’t always welcomed or enjoyed by all. 

But, even if there are differences of opinion on episodes, it’s always interesting to discuss them & find out why others like the show too. :thumbsup:

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 2

The first 2 seasons are the golden era of Miami Vice, the 3rd is different but still brilliant.

Season 4 is inconsistent, 5 while some episodes are interesting feels tired.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

The first 2 seasons are the golden era of Miami Vice, the 3rd is different but still brilliant.

Sadly, this is True. I think first two seasons are really liked because of the athmosphere and because all content is New and only few episodes are actually under The "ok" line, which is a good thing. Also, The quantity of music and style plays a big role. Season 3 began showing more weak episodes, but it brought some intresting and welcome changes That gave us amazing episodes too. Season 4 is truly inconsistent,with some unwatchable, bad episodes like "Missing hours" but some of my favorite episodes like Child's play,Honour Among thieves, Deliver us from evil and Mirror image are here. Season 5, while it had some gems sparkled into it,like The continuation of the Burnett saga, Line of fire, Fruit of the poison Tree, and even The finale (depending on person) -- it felt depressing, dark and even boring for a good chunk. I actually enjoyed all the seasons, for what they offered and gave each episode I watched a fair review, even if its surrounding episodes were either good or trash. First 2 seasons, while being very consistent and offering great content (Brother's keeper, Hit list, One eyed Jack,Golden triangle, Smuggler's blues, Evan, The prodigal son, Out where The buses don't run, Bushido, Definitely Miami,Little miss dangerous, Sons and lovers, etc) had also quite some "meh" episodes and even a few bad ones. They were not perfect as Seasons, but as a whole,they truly are the best. I do not dispute this. I just dissagree That all of the episodes were great, and That some episodes of latter 3 seasons are "dissapointing" , especially on The finale topic That we have here right now. 

13 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

As someone who appreciates the later seasons, I can say there is often an undercurrent from some that there's something wrong with you or your fan status if you happen to like the later episodes, and that's doubled if you happen to like certain episodes or specific characters. That's bound to happen with just about any show, but trying to deny it occurs is just silly in my view.

Was Freefall an ideal ending for Vice? Possibly not. Was it better than some longer-running shows (like Gunsmoke) got? Yes. But by this stage of its development, it was almost inevitable the show would go out with a metaphoric whimper instead of a bang. All things considered, especially network dynamics, I think we should be glad there was an actual finale at all, no matter how imperfect some may feel it is.

Well.... We as People are often biased, even if we try not to. This is kind of strong in our nature. We will try to defend what we like and consider better. It's a trait That we all have more or less.

You put it well..... The context really does matter. The audience was declining very fast since season 4, and reached an all-time low for Season 5. Right fully so, as a lot of content was plain bad. While The finale could've been more "ideal", let's say, atleast we got a double lenght episode with a lot of good stuff That has been lacking in S5, and It's definitely not a bad episode. Even if considered dissapointing by many fans, it can't be considered bad either, since it offered quite a lot of good content. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adrian321 said:

Well.... We as People are often biased, even if we try not to. This is kind of strong in our nature. We will try to defend what we like and consider better. It's a trait That we all have more or less.

You put it well..... The context really does matter. The audience was declining very fast since season 4, and reached an all-time low for Season 5. Right fully so, as a lot of content was plain bad. While The finale could've been more "ideal", let's say, atleast we got a double lenght episode with a lot of good stuff That has been lacking in S5, and It's definitely not a bad episode. Even if considered dissapointing by many fans, it can't be considered bad either, since it offered quite a lot of good content. 

I think Freefall was the best they could have done given the moment the show was in. Again, it was better than MANY shows got during this time, especially shows that ran longer than Vice. Was it necessarily what some wanted to see, especially in retrospect? No. But that doesn't change the reality of the time it was made and what they had to work with. Freefall was, given the time and circumstances, the best they could have done. I allow it that and let it stand that way.

14 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I agree, the first two seasons are MV gold, for many reasons...the visuals by all means, but I think the plots & storylines were also better & more interesting/captivating. The combination of it all “made” the show! 

Season 3 was different...still kinda cool, but not as good as the previous two. It still had some good episodes, but more on the “ok/so-so” side...not as memorable or famous.

Season 4 really took a nose-dive into the bizarre or ridiculous “direction”...and really started the demise of the show. Season 5 basically seemed to go even below the bottom of the barrel & on into the ground...it seriously seemed to “give up” and went further into the ridiculous or even stupid plots. There still were some good episodes in those seasons...but they were sadly way too few & far between to help save the show.

I wanted so much for the show to get better and “come-back”...but it just couldn’t quite get there. The finale Freefall was just a huge let-down & disappointment...for a 2hr finale I think most expected & hoped for better. But it just wasn’t good...for the end, the plot was ridiculous, there was hardly any cast except C&T, hardly any ‘Miami’, and the end itself was just strange & sort of leaves you hanging & going...huh?? ?(

For the finale, I definitely think it should have had a better plot, taken place in Miami, and included the rest of the cast. My opinions, but I think shared by the majority of fans. We’re all fans & glad to have the show...but sometimes I don’t bother with Freefall when going through the series again...I’ve seen it enough times before. ;)

21 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

I think Freefall was the best they could have done given the moment the show was in. Again, it was better than MANY shows got during this time, especially shows that ran longer than Vice. Was it necessarily what some wanted to see, especially in retrospect? No. But that doesn't change the reality of the time it was made and what they had to work with. Freefall was, given the time and circumstances, the best they could have done. I allow it that and let it stand that way.

It wasn't bad as an episode either. In worst case you could say it is either dissapointing or boring, but bad ? Would be a pretty big lie. If we compare it to most Season 5 we quickly realize it's deffinitely one of the better S5 episodes for the ammount of good stuff it had to offer. I think a majority of the MV fans that consider Freefall to be mediocre, can still agree that it is a pretty good Season 5 episode, even if they consider it not to be in the "Best" category of the series. I mean, compare this to Miracle man, or Leap of faith or Bad timing or any other truly bad episode of Season 5 and you can see a clear diffrence.

1 minute ago, Adrian321 said:

It wasn't bad as an episode either. In worst case you could say it is either dissapointing or boring, but bad ? Would be a pretty big lie. If we compare it to most Season 5 we quickly realize it's deffinitely one of the better S5 episodes for the ammount of good stuff it had to offer. I think a majority of the MV fans that consider Freefall to be mediocre, can still agree that it is a pretty good Season 5 episode, even if they consider it not to be in the "Best" category of the series. I mean, compare this to Miracle man, or Leap of faith or Bad timing or any other truly bad episode of Season 5 and you can see a clear diffrence.

Except for Missing Hours & Cows of October, I think most episodes are better than Miracle Man & Leap of Faith. ;) But, I don’t agree with Freefall being that good. We all have our opinions, but to say “if you say it was bad is a big lie” is yours...and not necessarily true.

I think there are lots of fans who think it was not only disappointing but bad, & definitely bad for a 2hr finale. That’s why it was disappointing. After all, “disappointing” basically is a form of bad for a TV show and/or episode. But, again...we all have opinions on what episodes we like or don’t like. For those that do like Freefall...awesome! :thumbsup: