The worst episode?

chum981

How about the worst episode? For me it is "The Afternoon Plane". I was really disappointed. And it was the conclusion to the whole Calderon story, which had been good, but this episode offered really little. I was waiting for it to finish quickly!

Missing Hours, without a doubt. A travesty. A wretched excuse for a Vice episode and television in general. The only redeeming feature is Trudy looked smoking hot in it. It's depressing to me that this thread will sh!t on Leap of Faith. It really isn't that bad. I like it. Joey Harden is a great character and Professor Baine is a good villain, The story was good, it was well acted and it had some great locations. It wasn't intended to be a typical Vice episode. Watch it as Joey Harden's episode and it's good. "It sucks because Crockett and Tubbs aren't in it" isn't a valid enough reason for it's crap reputation. It's f`king ridiculous. How about actually examing the content of it? It's an unfairly maligned episode and it's nowhere near as bad as people say. That's my opinion and if you don't like it then...you get the idea.If you want real crap I can direct you to Cows of October, The Big Thaw, Miracle Man, Tale of the Goat

• Administrators

"Hell Hath No Fury" Can't stand it, can't watch it! Compared to this one "Missing Hours" is a breath of fresh air!

Let's see, here's mine:Tale of the Goat, The Big Thaw, The Good Collar, Cows of October, Missing Hours, World of Trouble, Miracle Man (the ending) and Leap of Faith. The reason I did not like Leap of Faith was because the storyline was truly boring and was nothing close to Vice, esp. the sex scene (no nudity though). I only liked the beginning with Crockett and Tubbs, and the part until they go to the party. After the party, it was just dumb. Im sorry Tommy Vercetti, please dont hate me.

That's OK miamicop, you were reasonable. but I respectfully disagree. I'm surprised with some of your choices. The Good Collar is alright. It has a terrific ending but the rest of the episode is only good. World of Trouble? Are you kidding? I love that episode. It's a favourite of mine.Back In The World is pretty average. My favourite thing about it is actually the songs. I love The Doors. One of my favourite bands. But I didn't like Ira Stone or Liddy.

Yeah! Missing Hours - forgot about that - and it had James Brown and Chris Rock, but was still terrible. Maybe they felt they had to do some sort of Sci-Fi as it was the in-thing, perhaps.

Guest neworder

Quite a few suggestions here, surprised The Good Collar gets a mention I though it was universally popular, in its downside it is very very slow in the school when Crockett is running around throwing a paddy about the kid not getting his deal but the ending with Simply Red makes up for it. For me the bottom 5 in reverse order;5 - Heroes of the revolution; awful episode, gine's rubbish acting, very odd Hammer music, and its very very boring. This was supposed to be a season finale??? 4 - Miracle Man; Nothing to say apart from its very poor and saved from being the worst with some nice shots of Tubbs' Caddy and PMT/Talbott trying their best to act with such a poor story.3 - Hell Hath No Fury - abysmal episode, lack of music and what there was of it was awful, no style, it just wasn't Miami Vice for me2 - Missing Hours - demented 45 minutes but atleast it has the Vice crew in1 - Leap of faith - how can u brand this episode Miami Vice, C&T are in it for 2 minutes. An insult to Miami Vice's name and im so pleased this spin off didnt work. The worst episode of Miami Vice ever.Other bad eps to note ; The Maze very nearly gets in my bottom 5, Everbody's in showbiz is awful saved by a decent shootout at the end, Bad Timing/Viking Bikers both the most ridiculous 45 minutes of TV ever made but atleast they have some action, Made for each other is stupid...hmmm any others....Like A Hurricane was piss poor too. But apart from all this I LOVE MIAMI VICE lol!SJB

For me it's Miracle Man. But I bet the consensus opinion would be Missing Hours (an ep which I have come to appreciate on its own terms; definitely the weirdest ep of Vice, but not the worst IMO).A darkhorse terrible ep that not many talk about is Amen Send Money. Wow, what crap! And a waste of Brian Dennehy. And I don't think I'll ever watch Everybody's in Showbiz again.

• Administrators

Back In The World is pretty average. My favourite thing about it is actually the songs. I love The Doors. One of my favourite bands. But I didn't like Ira Stone or Liddy. I don't like seeing Republican douches on the show like Liddy and Nugent.

Different strokes for different folks. That's exactly why this isn't one of my favorites. Not a Doors fan. Isn't it nice to be able to have an opinion without someone biting your head off?!

I couldn't agree with y'all on a lot of these episodes (Back in the World, Amen...Send Money, Hell Hath No Fury, and Everybody's in Showbiz were great to me, but let's save arguments for reviews!) Miracle Man sucked (a superhero wannabe fighting drug dealers?! WTF?!!), Trust Fund Pirates was stupid, the episode with Burt Young sucked so bad I can't remember the tiltle, just about EVERY season five episode (including the disappointing Freefall) after Hostile Takeover sucked. Season Three had some rotten tomatoes as well. (Crockett in love with Melanie Griffith, Crockett freeing a guy off death row, teenage pimp in a limo, what the heck happened?)

I agree with Agent 47, but Tommy Vercetti the reason I don't like The Good Collar was because a teenage pimp in a limo and the basketball player getting killed and the dramatic family at the end. Horrible, and Miracle Man was okay (except for the ending). That's my two cents worth

Dont forget that "countryful" episode.... "Glades". Aarrgh! I must consider the second season, was very disapointed for me. Speciallyy for someone who had good feelings from what i watched in the 80´s on TV. In my mind, i thought many good episodes were from s2, but I was fooled by time.Season 2, im sorry if you like, had many boring episodes. Which ones? Hell, I can say the ones i use to watch from S2. These are the good ones: payback, sons and lovers, prodigal son, back to world, out where the buses dont run.Huh..the rest...well the rest...Unhopefully they didnt release S3 to S5 in Brazil. A shame indeed.

Missing Hours by a damn mile.Other awful episodes have at least had certain elements that made them watchable.The bizzaro element of Tale of the GoatSaundra Santiago getting to shine in Heroes of the RevolutionIzzy on screen in The Big Thaw, The Cows of October & Miracle ManAnd i've always thought Leap of Faith was underratedBut Missing Hours.... H-O-L-Y JEEZ.

I see Leap Of Faith as a goofy 21 Jump Street rip-off (which it was). It's terrible, but in an entertaining way. You'd think I'd feel the same way about Missing Hours, but LOF didn't screw with our views of MV the same way. It didn't feature any of the main cast in any large capacity, it was meant to be a spin-off, and it failed. Plus it had Kiel Martin from Hill Street Blues, nice to see someone from the other most influential drama on MV, even in an episode as bad as LOF.

The absolute worst episode to me is Miracle Man! A whacko friend of Izzy's dresses up as a superhero and goes after dope dealers! They were scraping the abbattoir floor for this stinker! WOO! Open a window!

I see Leap Of Faith as a goofy 21 Jump Street rip-off (which it was). It's terrible' date=' but in an entertaining way. You'd think I'd feel the same way about Missing Hours, but LOF didn't screw with our views of MV the same way. It didn't feature any of the main cast in any large capacity, it was meant to be a spin-off, and it failed. Plus it had Kiel Martin from Hill Street Blues, nice to see someone from the other most influential drama on MV, even in an episode as bad as LOF.[/quote']The irony of that always was, that everyone accused "21 Jump St." of being a "Miami Vice"-ripoff w/ teens, and yet it was Vice who turned around and ripped off Jump St., in an effort to make a backdoor pilot spinoff for the 1989-90 TV season.I actually always thought Vice & Jump St. were their own respective shows. I NEVER SAW ANY correlations between the two, other than the fact Jump St. used hip music to move certain dramatic elements along. But the presentation was different, Jump St. was much less glamourous and more light-hearted, the atmospheres couldn't be more different, the acting was all different, etc.I never saw the similarity. And "Leap of Faith" was basically Jump St. told through the glasses of Season 5 "Vice", which I thought was an interesting concept. Problem was, the cast sucked on wheels, and sucked HARD. They didn't have the great ensemble chemistry of Johnny Depp, Peter DeLuise, Holly Robinson, Dustin Nguyen, and Steven Williams by a LONG SHOT.

I actually always thought Vice & Jump St. were their own respective shows. I NEVER SAW ANY correlations between the two' date=' other than the fact Jump St. used hip music to move certain dramatic elements along. But the presentation was different, Jump St. was much less glamourous and more light-hearted, the atmospheres couldn't be more different, the acting was all different, etc.[/quote']This is true, even with my limited knowledge of 21 Jump Street, I know that it used popular music and undercover cops (in this case, kids). Other than that, not very Vice-like. I believe New York Undercover is the same way, undercover cops, hip music (I think NYU was more R&B/hip-hop flavored, but I could be remembering wrong), and as such is always compared to MV, but isn't really like it at all.Back on-topic, I have to give props to "The Big Thaw" as another episode I can't stand. WTF were they thinking?! Frozen reggae stars?! A bizarre plot about cryogenics?! One of the first indicators that the Vice we know and love had some serious problems in S4.