The worst episode?

chum981

No' date=' the ratings were not done by me. I only created the glossary entry. The rating and episode description was done by Tom71.[/quote']Thanks for clearing that up.:)

• 4 months later...
Guest neworder

I watched Viking Bikers yesterday, was a travesty of an episode, I rated it poorly on .org but you wait till I rate it on here! Why is the 2nd half of Season 3 so average?Cuba Libre doesn't inspire, Theresa and Hooker By Crook have the same story but with a few different twists, a druggie and a hooker, Afternoon Plane an awful end to the Calderon stories, Viking Bikers is dire, Showbiz is dire apart from a nice shoot-out towards the end, and Heroes is pretty poor too although it grew on me at my last viewing, not by much but enough to possibly take it out of my bottom 5 episodes. Only Lend Me An Ear and Red Tape are fantastic after Down for the count. Disappointing. Ive said this many times, 1987 (end of S3, first half of S4) is without a doubt the worst year that Miami Vice had.

I watched Viking Bikers yesterday' date=' was a travesty of an episode, I rated it poorly on .org but you wait till I rate it on here! Why is the 2nd half of Season 3 so average?Cuba Libre doesn't inspire, Theresa and Hooker By Crook have the same story but with a few different twists, a druggie and a hooker, Afternoon Plane an awful end to the Calderon stories, Viking Bikers is dire, Showbiz is dire apart from a nice shoot-out towards the end, and Heroes is pretty poor too although it grew on me at my last viewing, not by much but enough to possibly take it out of my bottom 5 episodes. Only Lend Me An Ear and Red Tape are fantastic after Down for the count. Disappointing. Ive said this many times, 1987 (end of S3, first half of S4) is without a doubt the worst year that Miami Vice had.[/quote']I sympathise with much of this opinion but I love certain aspects of Heroes, Theresa, and Hooker by Crook - Heroes has some great style to it in terms of colours and scenes, DJ's acting in Theresa is excellent and more great intense colours and great directing, and Holding Back the Years final scene in Hooker by Crook is a classic MV moment. 87 also gave us the Savage, which I think is an excellent ep - both in substance and styling. And then early eps in S4 are Death and the Lady and Child's Play - both extremely strong MV eps.I think all I'm saying is even the weaker strectches of MV had some timeless moments!

I watched The Savage again the other week and I really enjoyed it. Good story and action, good guest star in Moe from Slap Shot and great scenery (the closing scene on the beach was glorious). Excellent episode. And Theresa and Red Tape are great episodes.Afternoon Plane has gorgeous scenery and a good guest appearance by Vincent D'Onofrio (fresh from Full Metal Jacket). As a regular episode it was OK but as a conclusion to the Calderone saga it was absolutely woeful.I didn't like Lend Me An Ear. It never interested me. Duddy is annoying and Dykstra is very badly acted. Great speedboat chase in the intro though.By Hooker By Crook seems similar to Theresa. It's a good episode. Nothing spectacular but it has it's moments.Knock Knock Who's There is a very average episode. Not terrible but not great either. It seems more like an episode of Law & Order. Viking Bikers is godawful. Cuba Libre is a rubbish filler episode.Everybody's In Showbiz has some nice scenery and a good guest appearance in a young Benicio Del Toro. But apart from that, it's dreadful. Heroes of the Revolution has more nice scenery and I really enjoyed the shootout on Washington Avenue in South Beach. But apart from that it's a weak episode and a crappy choice for season finale.

The worst episode is Leap of Faith. And I think 4th season is the worst. Death And The Lady, Child's Play, Honor Among Thieves, Blood and Roses, Deliver Us From Evil and Mirror Image are the best episodes. Rest is just not so good. But I find 5th season much better than 4th season. Only bad episodes of 5th season are miracle man, leap of faith and victims of circumstance. And I like every single episode of 3rd episode. I don't find Heroes, Viking Bikers etc so bad at all. Actually, 3rd season is my second favorite season. But.. I don't care.. I still watch those episodes and I just love Miami Vice so much.

Guest neworder

I think all I'm saying is even the weaker strectches of MV had some timeless moments!

Oh yeah absolutely, there are many crackers in there too! To be fair, Savage, Theresa and Hooker are ok but im making a comparison to the much stronger first half of season 3.

I don´t like: BACK IN THE WORLDLEND ME AN EARTHE BIG THAWMISSING HOURSTHE LOST MADONNAMIRACLE MANLEAP OF FAITH

I watched The Savage again the other week and I really enjoyed it. Good story and action' date=' good guest star in Moe from Slap Shot and great scenery (the closing scene on the beach was glorious). Excellent episode. [/quote']The closing beach scene is indeed a piece of magic.

• Administrators

I'd have to say Leap of Faith and Miracle Man are about tied for the worst. Cows of October is not far behind them either!

I'd have to say Leap of Faith and Miracle Man are about tied for the worst. Cows of October is not far behind them either!

Ditto. I also don't like The Big Thaw.I actually like Missing Hours. It's so bad, it's good! :D

• Administrators

Oddly enough, I always like The Big Thaw. You have to look at it more like a comedy then a serious MV ep.

Oddly enough' date=' I always like The Big Thaw. You have to look at it more like a comedy then a serious MV ep.[/quote']That's how I view Missing Hours. You could say the same for Cows of October, too.

• Administrators

It should have been named "Missing Hour" with the premise being you just lost an hour of your life watching it!

"Missing Hours" and "Miracle Man" are grim viewing - Im sure "Missing Hours" was done like a comedy.But "The Big Thaw" isnt as as bad - again , if you look at it as a light comedy - type episode and besides Izzy is good in it.

The Missing Hours, and it's not even close. The Big Thaw would be second worst.To be that bad the story has to be completely implausible, situations and characters way off. The only thing those two have going for them is that the MV cast is in them. We're talking about aliens on Miami Vice here. I don't like Miracle Man, but it's not even remotely as bad as that. Or a big joke like The Big Thaw, where you have Izzy on tv with his scheme, dead reggae singers wife in the OCB, Stan hauling around a huge canister. ugh.

I actually like Missing Hours. It's so bad' date=' it's good! :D[/quote']I also like the episode, I saw it again recently, out there with the story but still fun, lately my 3 worst episodes have been:1. Miracle Man2. Junk Love3. The Dutch Oven

I would never stick my neck out far enough to say what is objectively the worst episode, because at the end of the day as we have seen, everyone's opinions are different. But I can say what I consider to be my least favourite episode, and believe it or not that has to be "Contempt of Court from Season 4, for the following reasons...1. It was in my opinion boring.2. The use of music in the episode was lazy and unimaginative. Now don't get me wrong, I've always liked Yello, but as far as I recall every single tune in the episode was by Yello, and they included songs by Yello that didn't even sound like they should even be in Vice in the first place. It was like someone had said "oh yeah.. Yello they're good, let's just stick the whole album on. I can't be bothered to fish around for other music".3. The female District Attorney looked like her face would crack if she smiled.4. In my opinion, the quality of the Season opener reflects the quality of the whole Season, and this episode reflected how hit and miss Season four was. We had the great pilot that began Season 1, the fantastic "Prodigal Son" for Season 2, "El Viejo" (in my opinion a strong episode) for Season 3, and the amazing "Hostile Takeover" for Season 5. Yet for Season 4 we have what has to be what I feel was the most boring episode of the lot.Say what you like about episodes like "Missing hours" and "The Big Thaw". Yes they were stupid episodes and should never have existed in the first place, but at least they were entertaining... even if they were entertainly bad!

Was El Viejo really the first ep from S3? Is that the order it aired in in the States? I know we have the whole car inconsistency etc. but I thought it was planned to be the first ep but then re-scheduled? So Irish Eyes was still the first ep in the end? (or so i thought?)I quite like Contempt - I think there are worse season openers (but then again I was never a fan of Prodigal Son!) and I can think of far worse eps than Contempt.You said it though - each to their own!

No, "El Viejo" was not the first ep of S3.

I also like the episode Missing Hours.  I saw it again recently, out there with the story but still fun, lately my 3 worst episodes have been: 1. Miracle Man 2. Junk Love 3. The Dutch Oven

Dutch Oven was weak by S2 standards, but it was decent. And since it has Sonny & Trudy's only real bonding moment of the whole series, it can't be included in this list.

Edited by airtommy

I also have to take exception to Junk Love being on the shortlist - bad, but not appalling IMO - enough at least to redeem it enough from the relegation zone.

Guest neworder

Yeah Junk Love and The Dutch Oven are probably down there at the bottom of the Season 2 episodes, but as Ive started before many times IMO there is no poor Season 2 episode and the lowest grade Ive ever given to an S2 episode is 6/10 whereas every other season Ive managed to give lower marks. Also Im with RID on contempt, I enjoy it, yes it could've had more (well even a bit of lol) action in for a season opener but Mosca is a decent villain and in addition there isn't much action at all in the first 4 episodes of Season 4 anyway so...But yeah each to their own. Most eps mentioned on this worst ep thread have atleast 2 people mentioning them so obvs there's some substantial reasons as to why they have been chosen instead of random opinions!