The worst episode?

chum981

Dutch Oven was weak by S2 standards' date=' but it was decent. And since it has Sonny & Trudy's only real bonding moment of the whole series, it can't be included in this list.[/quote']So basically I can't have MY own opinion on the matter?I say it sucked, sorry if it insults you but I have my own opinion.It's going to stay that way, this is an opinion, not a fact, if we were stating facts, the thread would have just been a list of average scores and would have been locked a long time ago, my list is my opinion, not a fact, that's basically the purpose of the thread, giving an opinion.

• Administrators

Play nice boys, you know what they say about opinions!

• Administrators

Was El Viejo really the first ep from S3? Is that the order it aired in in the States? I know we have the whole car inconsistency etc. but I thought it was planned to be the first ep but then re-scheduled? So Irish Eyes was still the first ep in the end? (or so i thought?)

"El Viejo" was supposed to be the 3rd season opener (That's why the Daytona was in it) but at the last minute NBC felt "Irish Eyes" was a stronger episode to open with. This decision was made because Vice had moved to a 9 o'clock time slot and was up against "Dallas" on Friday nights. So chronologically "El Viejo" should be the 1st episode of season 3 but the final decision (on TV and DVD) was for "When Irish Eyes Are Crying" to be the 1st ep.

I'm only up to the end of season 2 thus far, but any episode with calderones daughter in it is unwatchable for me, I don't know why but I really hate her.

I'm only up to the end of season 2 thus far' date=' but any episode with calderones daughter in it is unwatchable for me, I don't know why but I really hate her.[/quote']For me, it's that awful screaming at the end of Calderone's Demise, seriously, did they try and make our ears bleed, it's almost as bad as Pacino's acting at the end of Godfather 3 with his muted scream.

• Administrators

I don't know why but I really hate her.

I know why I hate her. It's the hair cut. Too butch for my taste! :thumbsdown:Eingefügtes Bild

• 4 months later...

Very nice post! Is there poll somewhere about that? Maybe some (as we did with the best eps) in which the voters can choopse up to 5 craps???I was really amused to read this one, as I could see people dislike eps I really like (Heroes of the Revolution) or eps I don't love but can watch (The Good Collar).On the other hand, some people let me see eps I don't really like but never noticed: Glades and Everybody's in Show BizThe eps I really can't stand are1-The Big Thaw (can't even smile with the jokes, can't enjoy the plot either)2-Leap of Faith (the ep could end after the teaser, maybe Terry could be the first one to jump after the bar scene, we would read "michael mann" and the ep would end within 5 minutes)3-Missing Hours (horrible, but I can smile with some jokes, differently than The Big Thaw)4-The Cows of October (the same comment as in "Missing Hours")5-Miracle Man (not exactly a crap script, but boring realization and impossible to take it much seriously)

• 5 months later...

I must say I MV had only three really dumb and annoying eps. and those are:The Big ThawMissing HoursCows of OctoberBut If I had to choose only one episode It would beCows of October - It's a bitch slap in the face for any MV fan.The Big Thaw's ending was at least funny. Missing Hours had some mysticism in it, and Trudy looked really hot.:)

I don't know all of the episodes by heart. I know almost all of the first season, the fourth, and the fifth.Possibly the worst had to be the one with James Brown posing as a UFO. The only joy I found out of that episode was when the "UFO" cut off the power on Crockett's car. Then the car starts magically working. He says, "where the ones we saw green? Nay-Nay, I say!" and he said it with the funniest facial expression. :radar:The funniest bad episode had to be "Miracle Man" because Crockett ate the end of the barrel on the beginning of the episode and said, "Chocolate. A little old...". I regularly watch terrible stuff so much that it's funny. :hippie:The worst episode or saddest IMO had to be the "Too Much, Too Late". Mainly because of the plot. It had a sad one. The mother would buy drugs and sell her daughter to a pimp...Just disgusts me.Also, there's another one with Bruce Willis called, "No Exit". The episode is good, because Sonny can't do anything about stopping Willis from torturing his wife. The ending is just climatic. I actually ripped the ending sound because of that. :sick:Today I recently saw, "Out Where The Buses Don't Run". I recorded it with my DirecTV DVR. I laughed all the way. I think Bruce McGill was perfect for the episode. It has to be my possible most favorite. :balloon:

I know everybody has their opinions and likes/dislikes...and there may be several "weak" or not-so-cool episodes of "Miami Vice."But, this is for the worst of the whole series...I can say hands down without a doubt that the worst, most stupid, pathetic episode of the series "Miami Vice" is: "Missing Hours!!" :thumbsdown: The plot was unbelievably stupid, most of the episode made no sense and I can't really follow it, because of the crappy plot the acting was bizarre, and the ending was idiotic! Bizarre, stupid, and boring are probably what describe this episode the best. :confused:When watching the series on DVD I almost always skip "Missing Hours" and have no trouble doing it. There are a few other episodes that aren't really ones I love either...but "Missing Hours" just sucked in so many ways compared to all the others, that it's definitely the worst!! :eek::sick:

• 2 months later...

Missing HoursViking Bikers from HellThe Big ThawWhen Irish Eyes Are Crying(terrible season premiere)Miracle ManTheresaTale of the GoatThe Cell WithinThe MazeThe Afternoon PlaneEverybody's in Show BusinessToo Little Too LateKillshot

Without a doubt, "Missing Hours."I know it's all done tongue-in-cheek, but really ... they even scripted Tubbs to say "Take me to your leader!" ??? :confused:

Once again... DJ intentionally was doing that imo.I think this goes over alot of people's heads with S5.Crockett was MEANT to be reflected as EXTREMELY burnout with the job' date=' and intentionally going through the paces. Several episodes allude to this, as well as flat out showing it in "Fruit of the Poison Tree", where Crockett is visiting the psychologist, and basically tells her, that the Vice team, "still care about what they're doing", or something like that.That shows a man, Crockett, who's lost ALL drive for the job. All reason to go on. I was shocked Crockett didn't blow his brains out at the end of the season. Caitlin's death broke him as a person, fully and completely.The other actors might "go through the motions", but Don Johnson's was intentional imo to reflect Crockett's extreme burnout.[/quote'] Totally agree, and that's one reason I love most of season 5 too.

The worst episodes were Tale of the Goat, Little Miss Dangerous, Miracle Man, Missing Hours, Amen... Send Money and the Cows of October.

• 1 month later...

Well..i just started S4... and i just watched "The Big Thaw" and "Missing Hours".About "The Big Thaw", i can say: there were better funny episodes with Izzy, but this one it´s a shame. I do myself felt ashamed of such circus in a such great TV show. And in the end, that metal box floating on the ocean...what a video crap trick (ok, it was in the 80´s)!But if we are talking about a bad episode..."Missing Respect, i mean, Missing Hours"... I doubt there are a worst episode than this piece of ****! As we used to say here, its an episode "without head or even feet". I keep thinking how idiot the cast must be feeling acting following the script (i say the same for "The Big Thaw). What a piece of garbage!30.000 bucks to write a script...imagine how much they were paying to aprove one.

Guest myonlyvice

This is easy. The worst episode is "Leap of Faith". It makes me angry even now as I write this that the producers decided to waste even one precious Miami Vice episode trying to push a retarded spin-off. This is simply wrong and a low blow in my opinion. Let those idiots from that episode get their own darn show and not intrude into what precious little time Miami Vice had left. A curse on all their houses!

This is easy. The worst episode is "Leap of Faith". It makes me angry even now as I write this that the producers decided to waste even one precious Miami Vice episode trying to push a retarded spin-off. This is simply wrong and a low blow in my opinion. Let those idiots from that episode get their own darn show and not intrude into what precious little time Miami Vice had left. A curse on all their houses!

They were desperately trying to cash in on the 21 Jump Street craze, which never impressed me as nothing more than "slacker cops." MV had used to be a trendsetter; now it was a trend follower. They could have picked a much better episode to use that great Edie Brickell song, too.I'd rather watch Missing Hours anyday than Leap of Faith; at least that one has the whole Vice team in it.

Guest myonlyvice
They were desperately trying to cash in on the 21 Jump Street craze' date=' which never impressed me as nothing more than "slacker cops." MV had used to be a trendsetter; now it was a trend follower. They could have picked a much better episode to use that great Edie Brickell song, too.I'd rather watch Missing Hours anyday than Leap of Faith; at least that one has the whole Vice team in it.[/quote'] Amen, brother.

• 2 months later...
Without a doubt' date=' "Missing Hours."I know it's all done tongue-in-cheek, but really ... they even scripted Tubbs to say "Take me to your leader!" ??? :confused:[/quote']For me "Missing Hours" still is one of the biggest WTF?! moments in tv history. It was like someone actually farted in my face catching me with my mouth open.

For me "Missing Hours" still is one of the biggest WTF?! moments in tv history. It was like someone actually farted in my face catching me with my mouth open.

:D :D :D

For me "Missing Hours" still is one of the biggest WTF?! moments in tv history. It was like someone actually farted in my face catching me with my mouth open.

:):):) That's exactly IT! Couldn't have put it better!

• 4 weeks later...
They were desperately trying to cash in on the 21 Jump Street craze' date=' which never impressed me as nothing more than "slacker cops." MV had used to be a trendsetter; now it was a trend follower. They could have picked a much better episode to use that great Edie Brickell song, too.I'd rather watch Missing Hours anyday than Leap of Faith; at least that one has the whole Vice team in it.[/quote']See I completely see it as reverse. Despite the lack of the Vice squad, Leap of Faith at least attempted to BE an episode. Is it weak? Oh yeah, it's the turkey of Season 5, Miracle Man included. And yes it was an obvious attempt to lift the 21 Jump Street premise of "kid cops", and yes Leap of Faith was lacking in a Johnny Depp, Peter DeLuise, Holly Robinson, Steven Williams - SOLID - type of cast. But it still wasn't THAT bad. Justin Lazard was okay, the lead "old guy" picked up the slack, and Keith Gordon was a great bad guy of the week. It just missed the mark, plus I think by the time the audience gets to Leap of Faith in the series (the next-to-next-to last episode), we were kind of tired like Crockett & Tubbs and aching for closure by that point. THAT is why I think Leap of Faith takes it hard from the fans.I'd take Leap of Faith ANY DAY over episodes like The Dutch Oven, Junk Love, Heroes of the Revolution, Missing Hours... those were the worst.I leave out episodes like The Big Thaw or The Cows of October, because they were obvious "escapist"/"comedy" episodes, that were totally tongue-in-cheek, and a lighter moment for the week, so they get a complete pass.The problem with Missing Hours, and why I consider it the definitive worst episode of the series, was because it relied on ALL the WRONG things. It screwed everything up. It had nothing to do with aliens in Miami. You get Chris Rock as a guest star... and you WASTE IT by having Chris freaking Rock play it serious? What? You get James Brown, who's shining acting achievement is The Blues Brothers, and you play it straight and serious? He ALSO should've been used for laughs. You having Izzy and a SHOCKING return of NOOGIE in the opening, and they are completely blown off and gone by the opening episode titles following the intro. What?If all of those elements had been implemented in Missing Hours, it would've came across as a 'comedy-based' episode like the rest, and no one would've taken it seriously, SO it could be enjoyed for what it is, especially if the Noogie & Izzy & Chris Rock element had been turned WAY UP.Instead they tried to make it a Halloween episode, with some sci-fi, some comedy, some seriousness, some drama, some thriller, some psychological, some crime drama... in other words - Clusterf**k 1987.Miracle Man is underrated. Not a great episode, and among the weakest in Season 5, but not nearly as bad as it's reputed to be. Really the last "Izzy" episode in the series, and I respect it on that level.