The worst episode?

chum981

How the hell could they give the green light to episodes like Missing Hours,Cows of October and The Big Thaw. It's inconcievable that it could've happened. No-one said we can't allow this. It sucks.

Tommy, I definitely agree. I mean, Contempt of Court, Amen Send Money and Death & The Lady were not bad episodes but afterward it sunk down the tube for sure.:rolleyes:

Death & The Lady is a masterpiece. But Contempt of Court and Amen Send Money are both crappy. And S4 did have some other very good eps like Child's play, rising Sun, Indian Wars, Honor Among Thives and then a brilliant finale

Some earlier notes from some work I did on this last year from fans' votes:1 - Season 4 is officially the least popular season, with even Season 5 averaging a higher score. 2 - The Weakest Top 10 MV Eps Ever in reverse order (ie No.1 = Weakest): are as follows: No. 10 - God's Work (5.81)No. 9 - Everybody's in Showbiz... (5.56)No. 8 - Jack of All Trades (5.50)No. 7 - The Big Thaw (5.06)No. 6 - The Cell Within (4.54)No. 5 - Leap of Faith (4.32)No. 4 - The Cows of October (4.18)No. 3 - Hell Hath No Fury... (3.85)No. 2 - Missing Hours (3.34)No. 1 - Miracle Man (3.25)So Miracle Man is 'officially' the worst ep, but Missing Hours is pretty damned close behind ! 3 - 9 out of these bottom 10 eps come from either Season 4 or 5. None come from Season 1 or 2.Personally, I think Leap of Faith was the worst.

Guest neworder

In no way am i saying Missing Hours is good lol but i watched it the other day, demented as always and very boring BUT i quite enjoyed the Hammer/Peterson music this time round lol

I thought "God's Work" was good. The acting by Esai Morales (as Felipe Cruz) was good - very emotional. At least things were happening and there was a believable story - with beginning, middle and end. I would have liked to have seen "The Afternoon Plane" in the worst 10 episodes - again, such a disappointment to the Calderon story. Tubbs being tricked into going to an island, and yet the Calderons still not being able to finish him off. And it was so slow-paced, and emotionless. At least Rambo, though not believable, had emotion!

I agree that God's Work was a decent ep. The AIDS-afflicted boyfriend was a unique twist (although you'd think a successful, connected guy could've found a better place for his partner to live out his days).I also enjoy Afternoon Plane. True, it's not the slam-bang big-budget two-hour special resolution that this story deserved and, in that respect, it's underwhelming. But I do enjoy it for the most part.

Guest neworder

Gods Work was saved by the boat chase, fantastic scene that. Also the scene where C&T and Castillo talk about things beside the bay was also beautifully shot.

Gods Work was saved by the boat chase' date=' fantastic scene that. Also the scene where C&T and Castillo talk about things beside the bay was also beautifully shot.[/quote']
yeah' date=' I like the way he clears up their rubbish after lunch[/quote']Since I've been on this site, I've been amazed at the level of detail observed and memory of others! It's as if you guys watched the episode last night! You guys really are proper MV fans.Glad to be here!

Guest neworder

I'm working my way through Season 4...I watched cows of october today, oh the joys and in the middle of watching this turd my mind trailed and I thought back to Evan, a fantastic episode and then thought how did Vice go from such brilliance...to such rubbish.......its mind boggling.Season 4 disapoints me quite a bit as im sure many of u agree, I watched love at first sight yesterday loved it, great ep and i also watched Rising Sun of death which I used to like but yesterday...well i was a little disapointed, its actually quite boring the sword fight is ridiculous.Im rushing my way through season 4, trying to get past all the **** to get to the burnett trilogy, there is no doubt season 4 is the worst season and has the highest concentration or poor to average eps in all the seasons. Where have the season 1&2 and the first half of season 3 days gone???Disapointing, im really finding season 4 very very bad this time round. Vote of confidence tommorow which does improve things....a little and there are better eps round the corner so things could be different in the next few days. First half of season 4 is a confusing rollercaster though...

I'm working my way through Season 4...I watched cows of october today' date=' oh the joys and in the middle of watching this turd my mind trailed and I thought back to Evan, a fantastic episode and then thought how did Vice go from such brilliance...to such rubbish.......its mind boggling.Season 4 disapoints me quite a bit as im sure many of u agree, I watched love at first sight yesterday loved it, great ep and i also watched Rising Sun of death which I used to like but yesterday...well i was a little disapointed, its actually quite boring the sword fight is ridiculous.Im rushing my way through season 4, trying to get past all the **** to get to the burnett trilogy, there is no doubt season 4 is the worst season and has the highest concentration or poor to average eps in all the seasons. Where have the season 1&2 and the first half of season 3 days gone???Disapointing, im really finding season 4 very very bad this time round. Vote of confidence tommorow which does improve things....a little and there are better eps round the corner so things could be different in the next few days. First half of season 4 is a confusing rollercaster though...[/quote']Don't worry, S5 is by and large consistently strong, albeit very dark. IMO it more than makes up for S4.

Worst EpisodesWait until you get to season 5. Lots of clunkers that season, too. MJ

I'm working my way through Season 4...I watched cows of october today' date=' oh the joys and in the middle of watching this turd my mind trailed and I thought back to Evan, a fantastic episode and then thought how did Vice go from such brilliance...to such rubbish.......its mind boggling.Season 4 disapoints me quite a bit as im sure many of u agree, I watched love at first sight yesterday loved it, great ep and i also watched Rising Sun of death which I used to like but yesterday...well i was a little disapointed, its actually quite boring the sword fight is ridiculous.Im rushing my way through season 4, trying to get past all the **** to get to the burnett trilogy, there is no doubt season 4 is the worst season and has the highest concentration or poor to average eps in all the seasons. Where have the season 1&2 and the first half of season 3 days gone???Disapointing, im really finding season 4 very very bad this time round. Vote of confidence tommorow which does improve things....a little and there are better eps round the corner so things could be different in the next few days. First half of season 4 is a confusing rollercaster though...[/quote']

Worst EpisodesOpps, Lar, sorry. I didn't see your post before I blasted Season 5. True, it's dark, and there are a few gems, but in many episodes, the actors look as if they're moving after a long, long sleep. No enthusiasm in their voices. Sonny looks TIRED!!I'll wait to talk about episodes until we reach the DVD discussion. MJ

Don't worry' date=' S5 is by and large consistently strong, albeit very dark. IMO it more than makes up for S4.[/quote']

Once again... DJ intentionally was doing that imo.I think this goes over alot of people's heads with S5.Crockett was MEANT to be reflected as EXTREMELY burnout with the job, and intentionally going through the paces. Several episodes allude to this, as well as flat out showing it in "Fruit of the Poison Tree", where Crockett is visiting the psychologist, and basically tells her, that the Vice team, "still care about what they're doing", or something like that.That shows a man, Crockett, who's lost ALL drive for the job. All reason to go on. I was shocked Crockett didn't blow his brains out at the end of the season. Caitlin's death broke him as a person, fully and completely.The other actors might "go through the motions", but Don Johnson's was intentional imo to reflect Crockett's extreme burnout.

Guest neworder

I think S5's great, bar the odd episode e.g miracle man, cell within + leap of faith.According to my ratings when i reviewed on .org season 5 was my 3rd fave season beating seasons 3&4.

So I guess the general consensus is that Season 4 is the worst. When I look at the Episode glossary and ratings on this site (done by KaeptnCaipi ?) – and being a scientist! – I couldn’t help but analyse…Season 1 has 22 episodes with a total of 91 stars – i.e. 4.14 averageSeason 2 has 22 episodes with a total of 86 stars – i.e. 3.91 averageSeason 3 has 24 episodes with a total of 94 stars – i.e. 3.92 averageSeason 4 has 22 episodes with a total of 76 stars – i.e. 3.45 averageSeason 5 has 21 episodes with a total of 78 stars – i.e. 3.71 averageAnd so if we follow the ratings on the Episode glossary we find the following order of best seasons (decreasing):1) Season 12) Season 33) Season 24) Season 55) Season 4BUT, I must point out that “Definitely Miami†is given a rating of 2 out of 5 stars. Most people on this Forum would probably rate that higher, and so perhaps Season 2 should be regarded as better than Season 3.But I guess the ratings in the Episode Glossary are subjective…We all have our own opinions!

Ya, I would say that Seasons 1 and 2 are the best, then Season 3 and Season 5. Then Season 4, unfortunately was not very good at all (actually, some good and bad eps. alike). But I like Season 2 alot (my fav).

Ya' date=' I would say that Seasons 1 and 2 are the best, then Season 3 and Season 5. Then Season 4, unfortunately was not very good at all (actually, some good and bad eps. alike). But I like Season 2 alot (my fav).[/quote']Pastel heaven!

I'd agree Season 4 wasnt that good - all over the place .Season 3 particularly the first part was extremely strong indeed , Season 1 also.

• Administrators

So I guess the general consensus is that Season 4 is the worst. When I look at the Episode glossary and ratings on this site (done by KaeptnCaipi ?) ...

No, the ratings were not done by me. I only created the glossary entry. The rating and episode description was done by Tom71.