WAL MART HAS 3 BUTTON HENLEYS

COOPER&BURNETT

Glad you like the clothing topic. I guess I'm kind of known here as the MIAMI VICE clothing guy. Surely you have seen my photos of my vintage blazers that DON JOHNSON and Crockett wore on the series in the scrapbook section...right? The GAP shirts (if they have a good selection where your store is at) are the very best I have found. I love Macy's also! Clairbone for men is my favorite there' date=' followed by some Polo from Ralph Lauren.[/quote']COOPER, I LOVE the clothing topics and YES I have saw all your clothing threads on both sites(dare I say) and love the collection you have acquired over the years, and thank you so much for sharing!! I envy you, pal.....Glad you like the shoes...Not too shabby for a ten spot. Love the T's at the GAP also...High Five to you!!:clap::clap::clap:....Mike

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• agent 47

• timm525

COOPER' date=' I LOVE the clothing topics and YES I have saw all your clothing threads on both sites(dare I say) and love the collection you have acquired over the years, and thank you so much for sharing!! I envy you, pal.....Glad you like the shoes...Not too shabby for a ten spot. Love the T's at the GAP also...High Five to you!!:clap::clap::clap:....Mike[/quote']It's for people like YOU that I do this. For those who TRULY appreciate These classic articles of clothes from the show, and believed they should be cataloged, shared, and preserved.I'm suprised that more people aren't as facinated. THESE are the clothes that changed fashion, and defined clothing for the 80's.THANK YOU for your comments and praise. Thank you.

Stinger' date=' please post the website for this store. Thanks[/quote']The store is "The Bay" (Hudson Bay Company...the oldest business on the North American Continent founded 1670)The shirts are called "Hudson North" line and come in a variety of colours. I went to the outlet in St.Catharines and bought four more this morning so I am set with VERY colourful three button "T's" for this summer. The quality of these shirts are outstanding! (way better than Wallyworld!)Timms...the website is www.thebay.com however the website does not seem to have a link to the shirts I was speaking about.(maybe you can find it as I did not spend too much time there?)I guess the Americans will have to come to Canada to do some fine shopping at our old store of four hundred years plus!

The store is "The Bay" (Hudson Bay Company...the oldest business on the North American Continent founded 1670)The shirts are called "Hudson North" line and come in a variety of colours. I went to the outlet in St.Catharines and bought four more this morning so I am set with VERY colourful three button "T's" for this summer. The quality of these shirts are outstanding! (way better than Wallyworld!)Timms...the website is www.thebay.com however the website does not seem to have a link to the shirts I was speaking about.(maybe you can find it as I did not spend too much time there?)I guess the Americans will have to come to Canada to do some fine shopping at our old store of four hundred years plus!

Thanks for trying Stinger but the link doesn't seem to go to any products. Oh well, the hunt continues...

• 2 weeks later...
It's for people like YOU that I do this. For those who TRULY appreciate These classic articles of clothes from the show' date=' and believed they should be cataloged, shared, and preserved.I'm suprised that more people aren't as facinated. THESE are the clothes that changed fashion, and defined clothing for the 80's.THANK YOU for your comments and praise. Thank you.[/quote']Hey, I believe we're on the same page and I agree all the way. I'm off to a late start, yet I've vowed to get my own closet going. It's coming, yet takes some time and research....Sonny wore this coat with these pants, shoes in this color...Now, where can I get pants in light blue with pleats like that?....Not much to pick from in Grand Rapids, Michigan, yet I'm having a blast. When I go into finer men's suit shops and inquire on WHITE or light blue slacks, pants or trousers, you should see the look I get and it's usually followed by the question: What, do you have an 80's day at the office or a party to go to? I feel bad for them, then point to the pastel color shirts they have started to stock....I also love to 'vice it up' when I step out and the attention it gets is interesting to say the least!! Thanx COOPER, your attention to the clothing detail has inspired me towards a better wardrobe!! Also, with the wardrobe comes a slimmer frame I'm making for myself-think Brother's Keeper intro. A strict diet and lots of cardio and I'm getting a FLAT stomach back like I used to...Not bad for being in the 40's!!....Mike

You write such nice letters!Yes, in this decade, people don't seem to understand things that I ask for when shopping at fine men's clothing stores. One young lady who was working at a high end men's fashion store didn't understand what I meant when I asked for a half lined sportcoat or blazer. She had never heard of it, neither did anyone else that she asked that worked there. She thought it was something new, or revolutionary!!Exactly about the pants too. No flat pants, but with pleats, front button flap, linen or silk, no draw strings, powder blue or some other color.Most of the workers there wouldn't know about such things because they just don't make 'em anymore. And most were not old enough in the 80's to remember, or too old to be hip.It's HARD to find stuff that looks close enough. Were at the mercy of the clothing makers. However, spring IS the time to look for pastel and linen, so hit the malls!! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

I'm no buyer of high end clothes and all my under ware comes in a multicolor 3 pack. :) But the few times I have had to buy suits the employees seemed to be the old librarian types with no sense of humor and looked like they only wanted to sell you an English double tweed.I dunno, maybe I just shop at the wrong places. :confused:

Yes' date=' in this decade, people don't seem to understand things that I ask for when shopping at fine men's clothing stores. One young lady who was working at a high end men's fashion store didn't understand what I meant when I asked for a half lined sportcoat or blazer. She had never heard of it, neither did anyone else that she asked that worked there. She thought it was something new, or revolutionary!!Exactly about the pants too. No flat pants, but with pleats, front button flap, linen or silk, no draw strings, powder blue or some other color.Most of the workers there wouldn't know about such things because they just don't make 'em anymore. And most were not old enough in the 80's to remember, or too old to be hip.It's HARD to find stuff that looks close enough. Were at the mercy of the clothing makers. However, spring IS the time to look for pastel and linen, so hit the malls!! :thumbsup:[/quote']Coop, I know exactly what you mean, I live in a neighborhood that feels like the middle of a plus symbol. About thirty miles away, each way, there are two huge cities and two smaller cities. It is still hard to buy decent clothes! Even the malls are bad! When I checked Wal Marts for the Blazers, all they had were t-shirts with the most smart-ass comments you would ever hear and shirts dedicated to AC-DC and various brands of beer. (so basically society has been taken over by smart-ass drunks?!) The employees think that a blazer is a winter coat Another wal-mart had nothing but plaid shirts that you button up. I try target and didn't find anythig there, they mine as well change it from men's clothing to Miami Ink Merchandise. k-mart was full of dumbfounded faces, bealls is the worst clothing store I ever shopped at (I think I know where the punks Crockett and Tubbs bust get their trashy clothing!), jc penneys is bealls with more tacky Scarface t shirts, Macys only had black colored blazers, Dillards was about the same. All the running and no results. I sat down later, I began thinking "What happened?" I mean since the beggining of mankind, people have always tried to look good. Now? Used to, people wanted to dress like the detectives, now they want to dress like the dealers. I watch tv and notice the same trend, has culture lost it's fashion sense? Can't buy a decent pastel shirt anymore, all t shirts have stupid sayings or beer or Miami Ink on them (I have 3 Sopranos shirts, 2 Monty Python shirts, Dawn of the Dead shirt and a Labrador shirt, can't find any pastels!) decent pants? Last time I was buying jeans, 75% of them were faded almost white or had holes in them, 90% were so baggy, they would fall off with the help of a good wind, out with those white pants Crockett would wear, in with cargo shorts you have to hold up while walking! I have one pair of shoes, a Vans pair I paid $40 for in 2007, and they are still like brand new! I go to the store and look for decent slip-ons like Crockett's, none! If it doesn't have to do with sports or a rapper or have a dragon on them, fugghettaboutit! You are s... out of luck! So Coop, I know EXACTLY what you are saying, sorry if this post is a little off topic but I am so fed up with the "Street" style of today, has society lost it's shame? Have we forgot it's NOT cool to dress like a hood? If I was real wealthy, I wouldn't even shop for clothes in America! (I am going for Saville Row suits if I become real wealthy!)

(I totally agree with what you said) Here's the sad thing.....they continue making these clothes.....because they SELL!solid pastel t-shirs, no logos, are at the GAP and can be ordered online!slip on shoes at walmart right now $10Walmart does't have blazers this time of year.

Walmart does't have blazers this time of year.

Yes they do ... but they come in BLACK ONLY!!!They have the "George" label on them and they aren't anything to gasp over or anything......................Decent cut and fit, but not really casual.Then again, its Wallyworld so what do you expect?Here in Canada the "Gap" has some nice beigh and white jackets, although they are a bit pricy at 2-3 hundred bucks each. Very lightweight and casual, and look similar to the Armanis that Crockett wore.

Yes they do ... but they come in BLACK ONLY!!!They have the "George" label on them and they aren't anything to gasp over or anything......................Decent cut and fit' date=' but not really casual.Then again, its Wallyworld so what do you expect?[/quote']Looks like I stand corrected.Does one really want a walmart blazer? Full lining, most likely not linen, or stylish? It's not the type Crockett would ever wear.TRUE fans learn to dress correctly. For instance, I saw a guy wearing a stiff, wool, fully lined blazer over a t-shirt once, and it just looks wrong!You gotta know what your doing to get the look. Just wearing a blazer, does not give you the Crockett look. It has to be dressy/casual. It has to be designed and constructed correctly, it has to flow correctly, thus meaning 100% cotton, linen, silk, or both. It should have some wrinkles in it to show it's casual (100% silk can wrinkle a bit, but if it's weave is heavy silk, it won't so much.) Lining adds bulk. Less bulk, less restrictive, more casual, and cooler on hot days. (can one imagine Crockett wearing a wool jacket on sticky Tropical hot Miami days? :)) -COOP

It has to be designed and constructed correctly' date=' it has to flow correctly, thus meaning linen, silk, or both. It should have some wrinkles in it to show it's casual (100% silk can wrinkle a bit, but if it's weave is heavy silk, it won't so much.) Lining adds bulk. Less bulk, more casual, and cooler on hot days. (can one imagine Crockett wearing a wool jacket on sticky Tropical hot Miami days? :)) -COOP[/quote']I'm amazed at your knowledge! Really, in my job I've met people who didn't have a clue of what fashion is about, let alone how the garments are made.The uncostructed blazer is actually constructed, but not in terms of lining, seams, shoulder pads, darts, cuts etc. There are some tricks used in order to obtain the blazer shape but without the stiffness. (Although lacking all the elements, the blazer has to have a shape otherwise it will look loose and not flattering).For instance in a linen blazer, the linen has to be first quality and the fabric is often used unwashed (or at least with just one little washing) so the fibers are still coated with a sticky substance: this way the blazer doesn't look too rough to the touch but stiff enough to adapt to a body shape.The shoulders line is another major point, especially for menswear; you can quite easily achieve a decent line with shoulder pads but without them is more difficult. There are particular seams and stitches used to define and reinforce the shoulder line: the blazer will look casual without risking the effect of a man looking like a clothes hanger! All these manufacturing tricks take long to be done and quite expensive, that's why you can't have a decent blazer if you shop at Walmart! ;)Btw, it seems that I'm the only one who likes Walmart. YES! I liked Walmart when I went there... walking for miles and miles among all the aisles, trying to find a snack without peanut butter in it! :)

Your CORRECT about the unconstructed blazers!They don't just not put a lining in it, it has to look clean on the inside. seams have to be finished knowing when it's off, it would look like a mess if it wasn't. It has been explained to me that it's more time consuming to build a top quality unlined blazer than a fully lined blazer. Thank you for the compliments. I have done some research into those types of clothes to make sure I know what I'm talking about, and to answer questions from our members about MIAMI VICE style clothes.

Btw, it seems that I'm the only one who likes Walmart. YES! I liked Walmart when I went there... walking for miles and miles among all the aisles, trying to find a snack without peanut butter in it! :)You have that same problem, too? :) But seriously, the only good thing I have to say about wal-mart at this point is that I got two-disc ultimate editions of Live and Let Die and Thunderball for $9 each there. If you want decent clothes anymore, Macys is the last safe haven here in North Central Florida, if you want Vice Clothes? Well, you will just have to get the Miami Vice Halloween costume of ebay if you live around here!

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up a few of these the other day 2 white, 2 black. I buy t-shirts all the time at Wal-Mart, but the quality of the other clothes tends to be real bad (even those levis they sell there now, I got a pair or 2 of those about 4 yearsa go and they didnt last 6 months.)They also had some great v-neck t-shirts in some 80s colors, I got a teal one and 2 black (im one of those black t-shirt kind of guys, can never have enough around).trey

I don't have a lot of black shirts myself. The ones I do have, I don't seem to wear! I know crockett wore black t-shirts from time to time, so I should more often.I'm very much pastels.

Yeah, Black doesnt exactly sream MV, I go thru phases where Ill wear alot of color, but black is always in there. I tend to wear alot of red too.trey

I know crockett wore black t-shirts from time to time' date=' so I should more often.[/quote']You definitely should! Black is a very flattering colour: it emphasises a fair pale complexion as well as a tanned person.I personally love Crockett's outfits with black t-shirt, my favourite is t-shirt + salmon pink blazer (from OWBDR), 2nd is t-shirt + white blazer (from Milk Run). The 3rd outfit from Junk Love is elegant, so I'd keep it for the evening.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

My husband found a white linen blazer at Ross, of all places. I can't remember if it's fully lined or just partially lined, but it looks good regardless. I think it was only about $20, too.

Stein Mart is another discount retailer that we have in our part of the country, and we saw linen suits there that were sold as separates. I think they might have had some pastels a couple of months ago, but I don't remember for sure.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone happen to have an extra turquoise henley in size small that they want to sell? I snatched a black and grey today but was bummed I couldn't find the turquoise in a small. They are not online and no stores near me had any either. A clerk said the turquoise doesn't come in small, but I swear I saw smalls quite a while back. Should have gotten one then : /

Check the K Mart clearance racks. I've gotten a few pastel color henleys there. But you may not find any at the first K Mart you go to, as you may need to be persistent. Good luck.