WAL MART HAS 3 BUTTON HENLEYS

COOPER&BURNETT

Does anyone happen to have an extra turquoise henley in size small that they want to sell? I snatched a black and grey today but was bummed I couldn't find the turquoise in a small.
Check our Sears.I just found that they have 3-button henleys on sale' date=' through the end of this week, for $9.99. Brand is Covington. I saw 4 pastel colors (shocking, huh?, as this is rare), and also black and white. There was a teal blue color, that was a sort of greenish blue, not exactly turquoise, but close. I've never seen this color elsewhere, and also orange. But not a pastel orange (think the Smuggler's Blues outfit).http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_041M4908000P?vName=Clothing&cName=Men%27s&sName=Shirts#descriptionAnchorI did find a match for this pale pastel orange at Wal Mart in a shirt with a collar and pocket, so I'm going to alter it, remove the pocket and collar to make it into a henley, since the color pretty much is a match for the "Smuggler's Blues orange henley". The color was listed as "orange grove". This is the one:Eingefügtes Bild

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• Richie Rich

• agent 47

• timm525

I'll miss the sale' date=' but I'll check out SEARS monday while on vacation.[/quote']Too bad. The Sears website has now been corrected to show that the sale ends Saturday, 6/20/09. I'm going to pick up the teal blue color - maybe one other.

Too bad. The Sears website has now been corrected to show that the sale ends Saturday' date=' 6/20/09. I'm going to pick up the teal blue color - maybe one other.[/quote']Go for teal. It is THE colour!!! :thumbsup:

Go for teal. It is THE colour!!! :thumbsup:

Affirmative. Now that I've got the "Smuggler's Blues" orange henley, this teal "Definitely Miami" henley was the next to add to the closet. And I'm not done yet.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_041M4908000P?vName=Clothing&cName=Men%27s&sName=Shirts#descriptionAnchorI did find a match for this pale pastel orange at Wal Mart in a shirt with a collar and pocket, so I'm going to alter it, remove the pocket and collar to make it into a henley, since the color pretty much is a match for the "Smuggler's Blues orange henley". The color was listed as "orange grove". This is the one:Eingefügtes Bild

Typical Sears, the last time I was there was two weeks ago and they didn't have any.

Eingefügtes Bild

This outfit looks great in a tropical setting. However, try walking around town in this gettup. For me personally, it's just too much to wear in the city. White pants, pastel peach shirt, and blue jacket. I too love the combo, and he looks distinctive, and great, but I've noticed that a lot of the outfits he wears looks great for the scene or environment they film in. It was designed that way to compliment the surroundings. What may look great in Florida, may not look that great in say Arizona or Montana.I also have the complete outfit. I've just never worn the combo yet.Has anyone worn this combo in public? If so, where were you when you wore it?I'm going to check out SEARS tonight.AGENT 47, if you can't find these shirts at your sears, why not order them online from sears?I too love the above photo of Crockett in his utter coolness. He was MAJOR cool in that scene! Watch the scene, and how he carries himself. No doubt about it, DON JOHNSON is major cool. :thumbsup:

I picked up 2 of the 3 button henleys at Sears last night. Spent all of $20. The two I picked were "teal blue", which really looks like light green, not blue. I wanted a light pastel green anyway. And the 2nd was "blue yonder", which was a sky blue, darker than the light blue Wal Mart henley.Teal Blue Sears Covington henleyEingefügtes BildBlue Yonder Sears Covington henleyEingefügtes Bild

They look great. Are you going to cut the "rounded collar" off of them to make them like the type Crockett wore, or are you going to leave it as is?

Leave as is.The pastel orange henley is in the hands of the seamstress at Macys. She is removing the collar, and sewing over the top to make a square corner henley for me. I removed the pocket myself.

You didn't want to do it yourself? Sounds costly. I'm sure the end result will be great.When I get a chance, I'll post a light orange polo, (now a henley) that I have.

AGENT 47' date=' if you can't find these shirts at your sears, why not order them online from sears?[/quote']I tried but can't get the site to work on my internet connection.(they only have dial-up where I live)I also tried the Marshalls website (another store you mentioned) and it doesn't have any listing or anything to what they have in the store on online shopping, they didn't even have a stor locator.Although I might take an earlier advice you made and get a polo and cut off the collar, Macys has tons of those.

Well, I went to SEARS after I got off work. There was a ton of those shirts in every color. Nobody was buying them. I looked them over, and I did like the teal, but I have so many henleys now in every color that I decided to pass on these for now. As experience will show, these will be marked down to about $4 in not too long. They did that with the other henleys I bought there from COVINGTON.Bad timing too. The line for the (the day before Father's day on a Saturday) checkout was about a 25 min wait.I'll check back another time.

Well' date=' I went to SEARS after I got off work. There was a ton of those shirts in every color. Nobody was buying them. [/quote']That's what is making me think that it is a new stock of shirts just brought in, and that those who stated that they never saw these at Sears should check back again, as they have now been located at Sears in FL and Cali both. Just give your local Sears a call, and they can confirm if they are there. Just wait for the next sale - they will probably do it 3 or 4 times a year.Here's the link, so you can check back for the next time they are on sale (Edit: they are on sale again through 06/25):http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_041M4908000P?keyword=covington+henley&sLevel=0Coop, and as far as you having henleys in every color, all I can say to that is "Wow".

Coop' date=' and as far as you having henleys in every color, all I can say to that is "Wow".[/quote']Richie Rich, you gotta remember, I've been doing this for many years, so it's really not that big of an accomplishment, but thank you for your very kind compliments.:thumbsup:I like to find different ones because sometimes, the shade of the color will be different in different shirts, so I like the color choice.

Peach 3-Button Henley Found - "Smuggler's Blues"This is one I had been looking for since the '80s, but never found it selling in a retail store, until now. The store is Belk, which is located in the south and Florida, and the brand name is Saddlebred. Actual shirt looks lighter in color than website photo, closer to light pastel orange ("Peach"). Here's the one I picked up over the weekend:Eingefügtes BildStore website:http://www.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Primary/Men/Shop/Casual_Shirts/Knits/Pullovers/PRD~32015503555113/Saddlebred+Short+Sleeve+Henley.jsp?off=0#MoreBelk just reduced the price on this shirt, & all 3 button henleys to $2.99. Lowest retail price for a henley I've seen. That's an alert to all Floridians! Peach color is a match for the "Smuggler's Blues" henley.

[SIZE="3"">

Peach 3-Button Henley Found - "Smuggler's Blues"

This is one I had been looking for since the '80s' date=' but never found it selling in a retail store, until now. The store is Belk, which is located in the south and Florida, and the brand name is Saddlebred. Actual shirt looks lighter in color than website photo, closer to light pastel orange ("Peach"). Here's the one I picked up over the weekend:[img']http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee99/MVRichieRich/MVClothingCollection0023.jpgStore website:http://www.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Primary/Men/Shop/Casual_Shirts/Knits/Pullovers/PRD~32015503555113/Saddlebred+Short+Sleeve+Henley.jsp?off=0#More
That's beautiful pal! :clap: Glad you finally got one!Hey, aren't you having one made?

Here's my latest finds!This is my new henley.Eingefügtes BildI got the photo off the website. Fits great! The quality, and price are right!$12.99!!! for a 100% cotton henley that is pre shrunk with a few nice colors. It's three button. The quality is VERY good. It's made by a company called, REDHEAD.Anyone can buy these online, or from your closes BASS PRO SHOP.WWW.BASSPRO.COM Just type in "HENLEY" and it's the first to show up!Here's another color.Eingefügtes BildOne of the best things about it, is that it is a high quality pigment dyed shirt, and a tag on it says it will purposely fade very slightly with each washing. It will get more and more pastel each time!!!I LOVE this henley!!!!Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Hey' date=' aren't you having one made? [/quote']Yes, but removing the pocket caused a small hole (now repaired). Oh well - now I've got 2 - a 2 button and a 3 button. Bass Pro Shop - and they have pastel colors in their henleys, have to admit I'm surprised. The outdoorsy / fishing crowd would seem to be more conservative and unwilling to wear colors that would show up in a rainbow.

They have other colors, including CAMO (seriously) Perhaps it's what crockett would wear in Vietnam? LOLI looooove mine.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[SIZE="3"">

Peach 3-Button Henley Found - "Smuggler's Blues"

This is one I had been looking for since the '80s' date=' but never found it selling in a retail store, until now. The store is Belk, which is located in the south and Florida, and the brand name is Saddlebred. Actual shirt looks lighter in color than website photo, closer to light pastel orange ("Peach"). Here's the one I picked up over the weekend:[img']http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee99/MVRichieRich/MVClothingCollection0023.jpgStore website:http://www.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Primary/Men/Shop/Casual_Shirts/Knits/Pullovers/PRD~32015503555113/Saddlebred+Short+Sleeve+Henley.jsp?off=0#More
Belk just reduced the price on this shirt, & all 3 button henleys to $2.98. Lowest retail price for a henley I've seen. Not in stock in my local Belk store, appears to be mail order only. Peach color is a match for the "Smuggler's Blues" henley.