Miami Miscellaneous

miamijimf

A friend of my posted this on Instagram yesterday - a great angle of the south end of Miami Beach at Government Cut looking to Brickell and Downtown.

We see similar views like this in the Miami Vice 2006 big screen movie- the tallest condo at the front of the picture was used for interior filming for that movie in 2005 :hippie:

498E5BB4-A5FF-4CB0-B72F-83AB3380EC44.jpeg

• Like 2

I’ve been reading of some shootings and murders in Miami Beach recently. There was a high profile murder in the alleys of Miami Beach - a Prada store manager was shot dead for no motive-  which looked like Ocean Court or Collins Court. Reminded me of Season 5s “Asian Cut” location.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/new-video-provides-crucial-clue-in-miami-beach-murder-of-prada-store-manager/

Edited by Matt5
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I’ve been reading of some shootings and murders in Miami Beach recently. There was a high profile murder in the alleys of Miami Beach - a Prada store manager was shot dead for no motive-  which looked like Ocean Court or Collins Court. Reminded me of Season 5s “Asian Cut” location.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/new-video-provides-crucial-clue-in-miami-beach-murder-of-prada-store-manager/

Gruesome story!  He had to "relieve some pressure"?   :birdie:

When I saw the clip of the reporter standing in the alley, I immediately recognized the spot.  The bend in the road is the clue.  This is the very northern end of Collins Court at Espanola Way.  This is where they filmed much of the alley footage in "Little Miss Dangerous".  Also they corner Royco here in "Little Prince".

The fence you see in the security footage can be seen on the left here:  https://goo.gl/maps/Kme2AnC2h892 

Terrible.  That's the alley alright, didn't expect to see it again that way.  Cat's stairway is still there.

Edited by miamijimf

15 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Terrible.  That's the alley alright, didn't expect to see it again that way.  Cat's stairway is still there.

Very sad Jim 

16 hours ago, airtommy said:

Gruesome story!  He had to "relieve some pressure"?   :birdie:

When I saw the clip of the reporter standing in the alley, I immediately recognized the spot.  The bend in the road is the clue.  This is the very northern end of Collins Court at Espanola Way.  This is where they filmed much of the alley footage in "Little Miss Dangerous".  Also they corner Royco here in "Little Prince".

The fence you see in the security footage can be seen on the left here:  https://goo.gl/maps/Kme2AnC2h892 

Thanks airtommy - great work in upsetting circumstances 

Saw this online on an historical site - an old picture of the greyhound track at South Pointe Park in Miami Beach before Miami Vice.

Some points of interest for us here the building at the front of the picture (background in “Big Thaw”) and  The Corsair at 101 Ocean Drive (“Buddies”, “Sons & Lovers” and “Death and the Lady”). This area would have also been where Dorothy walked around in “Buddies” and the courts seen at the end of “Miracle Man” also. As well as Ramrod territory from “Streetwise”. So much Miami Vice history in this photograph!:hippie::dance2:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Saw this online on an historical site - an old picture of the greyhound track at South Pointe Park in Miami Beach before Miami Vice.

Some points of interest for us here the building at the front of the picture (background in “Big Thaw”) and  The Corsair at 101 Ocean Drive (“Buddies”, Sons & Lovers and “Death and the Lady”). This area would have also been where Dorothy walked around in “Buddies” and the courts seen at the end of “Miracle Man” also. As well as Ramrod territory from “Streetwise”. So much Miami Vice history in this photograph!:hippie::dance2:

8F5EB251-9E5D-4B06-9CA1-1B740C6641EC.jpeg

Tony Rome also filmed in this area in the 1960s as well as Miami Vice for Season 4s “Love at First Sight” any other episodes, not including the ones I mention above?!

Edited by Matt5

15 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Great shots.  Here's an even older photo of SOBE before the Dog Track was enlarged.

old s. beach.jpg

Great Jim - Thankyou for posting here:dance2:

Here’s another view (looking south) of that area which would include The Kennel Club and The Corsair Hotel at 101 Ocean Drive:dance2:

33D99353-9D9E-4586-B831-4B253D742207.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

This was on my Instagram page today - thought I would repost here. A very different angle of 1000 Venetian Way, Miami (“Heart of Darkness”, “By Hooker By Crook”). Any Vicers here on instagram ?:hippie:

EA2C3830-A3B2-46B6-B9B6-078F57630BDC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

This was on my Instagram page today - thought I would repost here. A very different angle of 1000 Venetian Way, Miami (“Heart of Darkness”, “By Hooker By Crook”). Any Vicers here on instagram ?:hippie:

I can just see poor Penny floating in that pool. :p

• Haha 1

93 Palm Avenue is now officially for sale. If you have a spare $15 million lying around, this infamous and historic location can be yours.

safe_image.php?d=AQCFsJN6BQzOvoQz&w=476&

The notorious 1920s mob boss Al Capone owned this mansion on Miami Beach at 93 Palm Avenue for more than 20 years.  There are two guard houses and a pool.  He was in residence with distinguished guests during the St. Valentine's Day massacre.  Good alibi.
miamiherald.com

• Like 1

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I have Instagram.

I'm following a page called "miamiincredible", they post some great images of the city too.

30079257_2086075824741280_30641257044351

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James said:

I have Instagram.

I'm following a page called "miamiincredible", they post some great images of the city too.

30079257_2086075824741280_30641257044351

Great James pm me your Instagram name and I’ll follow you - or put here. I sometimes put pictures only Florida or Miami on my Instagram page. I’ll also follow the Miamiincredible page :dance2:

This was posted on my twitter account yesterday - a sunset aerial of the south end of South Beach and Government Cut. Similar to a view we see in the 2006 big screen Miami Vice movie ( the tallest white condo at the front of the picture was used for interiors).

27FA702F-1462-47F1-82E4-01C992B723D1.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2018 at 5:02 AM, Matt5 said:

Great photo. Matt, which IG user posted this? I’m on IG too under Jay Briand. Will have plenty of Miami South Beach & Florida pics coming in a month or so when I take my trip.

5 minutes ago, ZAQ 178 said:

Great photo. Matt, which IG user posted this? I’m on IG too under Jay Briand. Will have plenty of Miami South Beach & Florida pics coming in a month or so when I take my trip.

Ok I’ll find you on IG under my name Matthew you’ll see me my friend :hippie:

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Looks like the Grand Prix of Miami might be returning, but this time on the world stage as an F1 race. It's just a proposal at the moment and the city will vote on it on the 10th. 

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11355791/f1-in-2019-formula-1-announce-proposal-for-grand-prix-in-miami-in-2019

Here's one of the proposed layouts, using the bridge leading to the Port of Miami, and around the Arena, passing Freedom Tower and Crockett's marina.

670AD347-2DCA-421D-AC76-C3EE3A7A4BD0.jpe

This should be exciting for the city, and for me as an F1 fan. This is one I'll happily wake up at 4am for. 

1 hour ago, James said:

Looks like the Grand Prix of Miami might be returning, but this time on the world stage as an F1 race. It's just a proposal at the moment and the city will vote on it on the 10th. 

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11355791/f1-in-2019-formula-1-announce-proposal-for-grand-prix-in-miami-in-2019

Here's one of the proposed layouts, using the bridge leading to the Port of Miami, and around the Arena, passing Freedom Tower and Crockett's marina.

670AD347-2DCA-421D-AC76-C3EE3A7A4BD0.jpe

This should be exciting for the city, and for me as an F1 fan. This is one I'll happily wake up at 4am for. 

Be interesting to see what the city votes will keep my eyes peeled on this one. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

That would be cool but isn't the course too small for F1?

I don’t know Jim the Monaco course is quite small.