Miami Miscellaneous

miamijimf

14 hours ago, miamijimf said:

In 1925/1926 E. Flagler St. was a happening place.  Not so Miami Beach.

E. Flagler St 1925.jpg

1926 mb.jpg

Great Pictures Jim - it’s like the outline of South Beach !

7 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Flagler St, 1925 looking West towards the Courthouse.

17A55C65-5B64-46DE-ABA8-F7100B2356AE.jpeg

Nice photo Matt.  Believe it or not I remember going to the Paramount Theatre - but not in 1925.  :D

Edited by miamijimf

2 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Nice photo Matt.  Believe it or not I remember going to the Paramount Theatre - but not in 1925.  :D

Had to re-read that one Jim ! :D

Matt, good pic but traffic was not that light in the 70s during rush-hour.  Now it's gridlock.

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Matt, good pic but traffic was not that light in the 70s during rush-hour.  Now it's gridlock.

Yes I know Jim - I take it this was the stretch was used in the Miami Vice Movie and “Lombard”  but looking in the opposite direction 

And the last post was 1966 - this is one of mine is a block or two back from Biscayne Bvld from 2017.

944F2AE2-80CF-4760-B200-1FA7BC9BA717.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

Elser Pier and Bayfront Park, 1917, Miami.

101 years ago! I wonder what the exact site of that pier is today?:rauchen:

48BE69D6-1FB6-4E85-A117-E22AE8D26A29.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Elser Pier and Bayfront Park, 1917, Miami.

101 years ago! I wonder what the exact site of that pier is today?:rauchen:

48BE69D6-1FB6-4E85-A117-E22AE8D26A29.jpeg

That's the McAllister Hotel under construction, Miami's first "skyscraper" that opened in 1917.  It was before Bayfront Park was created from landfill.  The hotel was at the corner of Biscayne Blvd. and E. Flagler St.  The corner is the same location today.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

That's the McAllister Hotel under construction, Miami's first "skyscraper" that opened in 1917.  It was before Bayfront Park was created from landfill.  The hotel was at the corner of Biscayne Blvd. and E. Flagler St.  The corner is the same location today.

Thanks Jim - got it - and Today's  Bing Bird's Eye.

https://binged.it/2IW1BFs

Edited by Matt5

6 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Amazing footage.  This was followed by the Great Depression just 3 yrs later.  Miami is a survivor.

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/videos/the-devastating-1926-hurricane-that-halted-the-growth-of-miami/56799

Found this interesting Jim - Thankyou for posting. Noticed Government Cut/ South Pointe Park and Freedom Tower.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Found this interesting Jim - Thankyou for posting. Noticed Government Cut/ South Pointe Park and Freedom Tower.

You're welcome.  Yes and you also catch a glimpse of the Venetian Causeway and Biscayne Blvd.

This was posted to me on twitter today an interesting angle from above Miami Beach /Dade Bvld and Belle Isle/Venetian Islands. We see these locations in “Bought and Paid For”, “Lend me an Ear”, “Shadow in the Dark”, “God’s Work” and the opening credits of “Heart of Darkness” (Missing You)/ “Tale of the Goat”.

A0E710F9-43F1-40E9-94B5-340057B38D7E.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

This was posted to me on twitter today an interesting angle from above Miami Beach /Dade Bvld and Belle Isle/Venetian Islands. We see these locations in “Bought and Paid For”, “Lend me an Ear”, “Shadow in the Dark”, “God’s Work” and the opening credits of “Heart of Darkness” (Missing You)/ “Tale of the Goat”.

A0E710F9-43F1-40E9-94B5-340057B38D7E.jpeg

Wow, amazing view! :cool:

This was sent to me on twitter today - a current day Downtown/ Brickell Key shot looking out to the Port of Miami and Miami Beach. A few locations here in some episodes - Brickell Key Bridge (“Smugglers Blues” / “Fruit of the Poison Tree”), Four Ambassadors buildings (“Trust Fund Pirates” and “Like a Hurricane”), Brickell Key Condo (“Indian Wars”). Port of Miami (“God’s Work”, “Heart of Darkness”, “Lost Madonna”) to name a few. Interesting photo as a different angle we see usually of this area so I thought I would share.

F3F84822-3D29-460F-9928-4EC2E9A7298E.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

I've mentioned this before but this is a great site for Miami fans always with many new stunning pics and some old http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=513

Of course it has Vice fans too.  See a few posts down at http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?s=ef7c7e11568b2cda306742cf51e26bcd&t=533494&page=72

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, miamijimf said:

I've mentioned this before but this is a great site for Miami fans always with many new stunning pics and some old http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=513

Of course it has Vice fans too.  See a few posts down at http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?s=ef7c7e11568b2cda306742cf51e26bcd&t=533494&page=72

I agree Jim - thanks for link.

Some miscalleneous shots of the Venetian Cswy and the hotels along the shore there(Omni). One being the Doubletree seen in Season 4s “Death and the Lady”.

9FDDCFBF-1321-432B-A6A3-1B3BAFB47559.jpeg

• Like 1

This current day shot is very similar to an angle we see in an episode (“Hit List” I think and a similar background we see in “One Eyed Jack”, “Baseballs of Death”) . Can anyone confirm the “Hit List” query we see this angle I think at the end of the episode after the hitman is shot.

3EFA0AED-D01E-422F-BA3F-DD1FEE704E98.jpeg

• Like 1