Miami Miscellaneous

miamijimf

9 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Good pre-Vice era photo.  Do you know the date?

Believe it or not I was told December 25, 1983.

Would make sense as streets are so quiet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt5 said:

A variation on the ones I posted before- Ocean Drive, December 1983 - looking north from The Park Central this time.

Flip this shot looking south it’s how we saw Ocean Drive in “The Dutch Oven” as we saw the two babes cross the street as Sonny played cards with his old friends.:hippie:

F022AED5-9194-408A-A76F-59C65D599608.jpeg

Thank you for sharing! I love seeing these pictures of Miami from the 80's. There sure isn't much action/activity on the streets. It needs some Miami Vice atmosphere. :p:)

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, summer84 said:

Thank you for sharing! I love seeing these pictures of Miami from the 80's. There sure isn't much action/activity on the streets. It needs some Miami Vice atmosphere. :p:)

Thanks Summer - this photo was sent to me recently by a former professor at Everglades University . This was taken Christmas Day, 1983 and if you think by March 1984 “Miami Vice” was in pre-production and filming on Ocean Drive. 

This photo makes me think of Season 2s “Dutch Oven” and Season 5s “Asian Cut”(with the teaser filmed along the first 3 hotels in the photograph). I think Ocean Drive looked fantastic at that time in 1983.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

It looks like the picture could have been taken early in the morning. There are a lot of cars parked all the way along side the ocean drive hotels. And one person can be seen on the far left. Great to see, how it all actually looked and yes it's incredible to think, that Miami Vice would be shooting there only three months later. Would be great to see more of these pictures! :thumbsup: 

Edited by summer84

8 hours ago, summer84 said:

It looks like the picture could have been taken early in the morning. There are a lot of cars parked all the way along side the ocean drive hotels. And one person can be seen on the far left. Great to see, how it all actually looked and yes it's incredible to think, that Miami Vice would be shooting there only three months later. Would be great to see more of these pictures! :thumbsup: 

@summer84 I posted a few similar from the 1980s on this thread if you go back 3-5 pages you should see them. I agree they are special these 1980s shots of Miami - this one in particular as so close to Miami Vice starting as we both mentioned.

8 hours ago, summer84 said:

Yes I would say it looks like early morning light.:hippie:

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

@summer84 I posted a few similar from the 1980s on this thread if you go back 3-5 pages you should see them. I agree they are special these 1980s shots of Miami - this one in particular as so close to Miami Vice starting as we both mentioned.

Yes, I've seen all of the previous ones you posted. Thank you! They are great pics.:thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, summer84 said:

Yes, I've seen all of the previous ones you posted. Thank you! They are great pics.:thumbsup:

I’ve got a few more I’ll post soon! Circa 1980s.

Just posted in “Death and the Lady” filming locations a 1980s shot of the Fontainebleau Mural.:hippie:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

A few more of Ocean Drive - these date from the 1970s, all of these buildings feature in Miami Vice. The Revere and The Waves I remember seeing in “Hit List” and early episodes. :hippie:

A10A5C11-617D-4BF0-BBEE-73A6198946C8.jpeg

EDA19224-1FCB-4B22-BE0A-CBF395633300.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 4

On 6/25/2018 at 3:47 PM, ZAQ 178 said:

This last one is cool w/ guys working on that roof.

As James said 1970s - it’s cool though.

Another close up of Freedom Tower (not sure when this was taken due to color of FT - pink?) - looking out to the MacArthur Cswy and 1000 Venetian Way (“Heart of Darknes” and “By Hooker By Crook”).

28FF3934-0601-4991-BE31-503A7EEE8BB4.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

It looks pretty run down.  Must have been before it was refurbished and turned over to Miami-Dade College.

Also Matt please let us know when you plan to be in the Magic City again.

9 hours ago, miamijimf said:

It looks pretty run down.  Must have been before it was refurbished and turned over to Miami-Dade College.

Also Matt please let us know when you plan to be in the Magic City again.

I see before it was painted - of course Jim I’ll be back in Florida and the Magic City soon. @miamijimf

Edited by Matt5
  • Haha 1

A current day view over part of Brickell Key looking to the Downtown part of Brickell and Downtown itself. Just out of the lower picture is 520 Brickell Key (“Indian Wars” and “Golden Triangle” Part 2 condo).:hippie:

A1A733BC-7AF2-4D17-BC57-E20257F74F9C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Here's a view I have never seen, from N. of Haulover Cut to Key Biscayne.

DgoE6VsUEAAvPGm.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Compare this recent pic of the mouth of the Miami River.

A1A733BC-7AF2-4D17-BC57-E20257F74F9C.thumb.jpeg.04a8ff9bcf740b4950b9ad9a54008202.jpeg

With this one river shot in 1884 looking towards the Bay.  Gives you an idea of just how new this city and country are.

1884.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Compare this recent pic of the mouth of the Miami River.

A1A733BC-7AF2-4D17-BC57-E20257F74F9C.thumb.jpeg.04a8ff9bcf740b4950b9ad9a54008202.jpeg

With this one river shot in 1884 looking towards the Bay.  Gives you an idea of just how new this city and country are.

1884.jpg

Very nice Jim!

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Here's a view I have never seen, from N. of Haulover Cut to Key Biscayne.

DgoE6VsUEAAvPGm.jpg

This is an amazing shot never seen anything from Bal Harbor extending all the way south like that!

On current map-

C9FC9BFC-D3FB-4C96-BED4-026A3F405A88.jpeg

• Like 2