Miami Miscellaneous

miamijimf

A great and different angle of 1000 Venetian Way (“Heart of Darkness”, “By Hooker By Crook”). A current day view looking along the Venetian Cswy to the Venetian Islands to Miami Beach.

12546077-99BB-4613-A500-7A16BD30F2D6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ZAQ 178 said:

Drove right by there a few months back & couldn’t believe I was driving by it!:cool:

So great - a great building!:hippie:

• Like 2

On 8/17/2018 at 1:52 PM, ZAQ 178 said:

It was nighttime when we drove by or else would have had some pics to put up here. Next time!!

Great man!

Port of Miami, mid 1970s, before  expansion, looking to Downtown. We could name a whole batch of episodes that shot here or we see this area such as “By Hooker By Crook” (tv interview scenes and mooting of the St.Vitus Dance).:hippie:

F955173E-DA48-4BF7-B3B0-C676EE588B51.jpeg

• Like 5

Well it is Flamingo Friday - so happy Flamingo Friday everyone! This was sent to me - an old fly TWA poster featuring the Fontainebleau Hilton back in the day!:cheers:

9F92D832-1AC5-4A99-B948-9C6D21487642.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 4

A different angle/current day view of Downtown Miami above Government Centre. The very bottom part of the picture above the Miami library and the Bank of America building (opposite the library on W Flagler St) is Season 4 “Contempt of Court” territory.:hippie:

(Look at that cool angle of Virginia Key In The background - “Redemption in Blood”/ “When Irish Eyes are Crying”)

4EAA081E-92EC-477A-97A7-2E54E7720070.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

On 8/29/2018 at 11:02 PM, ZAQ 178 said:

You guys are killing it w/ the throw back photos! Love it!! 

Thankyou man - glad you appreciate! :cheers:

• Like 1

A current day (a little bit too enhanced for my liking) photo of the Miami Beach area over West Avenue at Belle Isle - a very interesting angle this one at night.

(“ Lend me an Ear”, “Bought and Paid For”, “Heart of Darkness”, “Tale of the Goat”)

117FD64E-4BBC-4711-8A18-6B2632E24A7C.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2018 at 6:22 AM, Matt5 said:

Another Port of Miami this time above the MacArthur Cswy. Terminal Isle and Star Island, circa 1968.:cheers:

D4AFD252-9796-4D4F-9C08-A83FB02CA2AC.jpeg

You can just see the Star Island house used in Little Prince at the bottom.

430120589_starisland1968_LI.jpg.b0f5958c83bcdd06a69e460d603d5bf9.jpg

• Like 2

Found this 1950s Miami Beach documentary called “Fabulous Fifties” from Miami History.

Quite nice, forgive me if it’s been posted previously.:hippie:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

Found this 1950s Miami Beach documentary called “Fabulous Fifties” from Miami History.

Quite nice, forgive me if it’s been posted previously.:hippie:

Classic.  Haven't seen it before.

11 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Classic.  Haven't seen it before.

Oh good I’m pleased Jim - was the 50s the setting of the Tv show “Magic City” or was that 60s?

Edited by Matt5

10 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Oh good I’m pleased Jim - was the 50s the setting of the Tv show “Magic City” or was that 60s?

I think it starts in ‘58 or ‘59. 

Some of the greatest ever music, clothing, and design in general from those years imo. 

56 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

I think it starts in ‘58 or ‘59. 

Some of the greatest ever music, clothing, and design in general from those years imo. 

Yes I love it - would have been a great time and period to have been alive and living in Miami - South Florida.

As well as 1983 the year before “Miami Vice” was made - Ocean Drive looked real, run down in places but very beautiful.

Edited by Matt5

Don't remember that show, too busy riding my motorcycle and chasing girls etc.  Ya it was a great time and place to grow up.  Didn't realize that at the time of course, it was the only place I knew.  It's like when people ask me, "Were you afraid of being blown to bits by the A Bomb?"  No we grew up with the threat, it's all we knew.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A current day aerial and a particularly interesting angle above Coconut Grove/ Bayshore Drive and Dinner Key Marina, so many episodes filmed in this photo alone. A cold murky day it said in the caption that was sent to me but I think that adds to this photo.:hippie:

BDB29D6F-1FED-4DD3-B069-B121BC108AD1.jpeg

• Like 3