Miami Miscellaneous

miamijimf

A current day aerial over Brickell Key - this is an angle we don’t see that often. Here are some good locations - “One Eyed Jack”, “Indian Wars”, “Smugglers Blues”, “Red Tape”& “Fruit of the Poison Tree” to name a few.:hippie:

8D6BEF07-761A-4599-81F3-619236860B19.jpeg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, airtommy said:

Les Violins Supper Club

In Cool Runnin' the Daytona does a U-turn right in the middle of the road and we get a great look at the Les Violins Supper Club.  The interior of this club was used for scenes in Give a Little, Take a Little and Miracle Man.  It was located at 1751 Biscayne Boulevard.  The building was demolished years ago.

lesviolins1.png

"Bought and remodeled by Lalito Castro and Manolo Godinez, this restaurant hired in the 1960s many Cuban stars whose first job in exile was as singing waiter or waitress in this "let-it-all-hang-out Las Vegas-style review from Havana in the old days". It was bombed by a tear gas canister on May 26, 1968 by Cuban Power, an anti-Castro terrorist group also known as El Poder Cubano, led by Dr. Orlando Bosch.  HBO Hispanic comedy show, Mambo Jambo, shot its pilot show here in 1992."

http://ctda.library.miami.edu/venue/1293

"Les Violins has violinists strolling among the tables. It is rated by Cubans themselves as one of the finer clubs here."

https://www.nytimes.com/1964/03/15/archives/miami-with-a-latin-flavor-cuban-refugees-lend-spanish-atmosphere-to.html

lesviolins2.png

lesviolins3.png

Good posts, interesting airtommy but I don't see Les Violins in Give a Little, Take a Little.  It was DanJ who discovered that the burlesque style stage show in the teaser was filmed at Club Ache, SW 8th Street and 36th Ave, Miami.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Good posts, interesting airtommy but I don't see Les Violins in Give a Little, Take a Little.  It was DanJ who discovered that the burlesque style stage show in the teaser was filmed at Club Ache, SW 8th Street and 36th Ave, Miami.

Thanks!  I am going to watch those interior scenes tonight.  The Wikia and our own glossary say it's Les Violins.   I'm going to correct those.

http://miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/Give_a_Little,_Take_a_Little

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/9332-010-give-a-little-take-a-little-zu-hoher-einsatz-1h-59505/

Have you ever been to Les Violins or did you hear about it back in the day?

• Like 1

Here is the interior of Les Violins as seen in Miracle Man:

lesviolins4.png

The stage in Give a Little, Take a Little is not quite the same but it is similar, including lighted steps going upward on the sides of the stage, so I can see why someone thought that was Les Violins.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, airtommy said:

Thanks!  I am going to watch those interior scenes tonight.  The Wikia and our own glossary say it's Les Violins.   I'm going to correct those.

http://miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/Give_a_Little,_Take_a_Little

http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/9332-010-give-a-little-take-a-little-zu-hoher-einsatz-1h-59505/

Have you ever been to Les Violins or did you hear about it back in the day?

Don't remember anything about it.  Should have taken a date there, the strolling violinists would have been a hit.

We get another view of ugly Espanola Way before it was painted pink in Give a Little, Take a Little when Gina & Trudy go shopping.  Yuck!!! 

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

espanola3.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

There was a scene where they (Castillo and somebody?) are on a boardwalk in a wooded area.  What episode was this?  I think it was first season (or second maybe).

2 hours ago, airtommy said:

There was a scene where they (Castillo and somebody?) are on a boardwalk in a wooded area.  What episode was this?  I think it was first season (or second maybe).

Is it when Tubbs and Crockett are waking/talking to Castillo while he eats sushi? Tubbs reaches for a bite and Castillo denies him, but you have to be watching closely to even catch it. Is that in Golden Triangle, and is that the scene you’re talking about?

Edited by Dadrian

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

Is it when Tubbs and Crockett are waking/talking to Castillo while he eats sushi? Tubbs reaches for a bite and Castillo denies him, but you have to be watching closely to even catch it. Is that in Golden Triangle, and is that the scene you’re talking about?

Golden Triangle was my first thought, but that's at Maceo Park.

http://www.miamivicelocations.org/page29.html

17 hours ago, airtommy said:

Could it be the scene in "One Eyed Jack" where Castillo and the team discovers Barbara Carrow's body?

Even though I think there wasn't a boardwalk, that's the first that came to mind.

Edited by Retro80sfan

37 minutes ago, Retro80sfan said:

Could it be the scene in "One Eyed Jack" where Castillo and the team discovers Barbara Carrow's body?

No, there was no boardwalk in that scene.  I think it was a walk and talk type of scene.

I bet  @Ferrariman  knows the answer.

Edited by airtommy

6 hours ago, airtommy said:

No, there was no boardwalk in that scene.  I think it was a walk and talk type of scene.

I bet  @Ferrariman  knows the answer.

I’ll chip in if you don’t mind chaps - it’s Season 1s “Great McCarthy” - unconfirmed location but Jeremy thought it may have been Bill Baggs. It’s when Crockett, Tubbs and Castillo meet - I’ve lightened up the image somewhat.:hippie:

BFD43198-FB4E-4B41-9C55-E76AA083F4B0.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

That would be convenient since they were already filming scenes on Key Biscayne for The Great McCarthy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

That would be convenient since they were already filming scenes on Key Biscayne for The Great McCarthy. 

Convenient yes ... but that was not always the way with filming episodes and locations.:):shout::p

Edited by Matt5

16 hours ago, airtommy said:

God's Work?

5 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I’ll chip in if you don’t mind chaps - it’s Season 1s “Great McCarthy” - unconfirmed location but Jeremy thought it may have been Bill Baggs. It’s when Crockett, Tubbs and Castillo meet - I’ve lightened up the image somewhat.:hippie:

BFD43198-FB4E-4B41-9C55-E76AA083F4B0.jpeg

That's it!

• Like 1

That was Miami when I was growing up.  I was super fortunate.  Seen it but always nice to see it again and hear Bob Hope and ? sing his theme song.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

On 8/10/2018 at 11:16 PM, miamijimf said:

That was Miami when I was growing up.  I was super fortunate.  Seen it but always nice to see it again and hear Bob Hope and ? sing his theme song.

Looked great back then Jim.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 8:51 PM, summer84 said:

Came across this yesterday. Among the pics old postcards Miami Beach and Miami. :cool:

Thanks for sharing just great Summer!:hippie:

• Like 1