Miami Miscellaneous

miamijimf

A new aerial picture, sent to me, of Brickell Key Bridge and Brickell Key/ Port of Miami  taken from above Brickell Bay Drive at Nite.

498AF3AC-BA4D-45B9-9608-7EE2B60008C2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2018 at 2:45 PM, Matt5 said:

This current day shot is very similar to an angle we see in an episode (“Hit List” I think and a similar background we see in “One Eyed Jack”, “Baseballs of Death”) . Can anyone confirm the “Hit List” query we see this angle I think at the end of the episode after the hitman is shot.

3EFA0AED-D01E-422F-BA3F-DD1FEE704E98.jpeg

I checked Jeremy’s site and yes it’s an almost exact current day shot of the view we see in “Hit List” after the hitman was gunned down by the swat team on the lawn. 

I’ll post this and the screen capture to the “Hit List” location thread.:hippie:

• Like 2

Anna Hitson in the 1970s advertising vacations to Miami Beach just  in front of a Miami Vice landmark.

0F482FCF-758D-474B-9573-0A95E78E6297.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Anna Hitson in the 1970s advertising Miami just in front of a Miami Vuce landmark.

0F482FCF-758D-474B-9573-0A95E78E6297.jpeg

Hmm... nice looking babe! :thumbsup:

Edited by Retro80sfan

5 minutes ago, Retro80sfan said:

Hmm... nice looking babe! :thumbsup:

Makes you want to head to Miami doesn’t it Retro80sfan? Even though we’d need a time machine to see this babe and background that has changed!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Makes you want to head to Miami doesn’t it Retro80sfan? Even though we’d need a time machine to see this babe and background that has changed!

Yes siree, @Matt5! Maybe we can find Doc Brown's DeLorean! :) :p

That'll be one place and time I'll surely travel back to! :thumbsup:

Edited by Retro80sfan

3 minutes ago, Retro80sfan said:

Yes siree, @Matt5! Maybe we can find Doc Brown's DeLorean! :) :p

That'll be one place and time I'll surely travel back to! :thumbsup:

Ha ha yes good point - “Back in time” I’m with you on that-  going back to that rock in the picture would be a good place to go back to in the DeLorean!:D

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Background?  Can't see any background.

Looks like the photo fits well into this category “Miami Miscellaneous” ! Ha ha :hippie:

Edited by Matt5

Current day aerial view of Downtown Miami from over Bayside and Port of Miami bridge.:hippie:

AEECFF5B-CA65-49BA-81A7-2BF6201DA436.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 4

A friend sent me this today on Twitter - a current day Miami Brickell Bay Drive/ Brickell Key picture. This is a particularly interesting angle as it’s taken from Brickell with a close up in the foreground of 1001 Brickell Bay Dr(“Yankee Dollar” / “ World of Trouble”) and the Four Ambassadors(“Trust Fund Pirates” / “Like a Hurricane”) - looking to Brickell Key Bridge/Port of Miami.

00BC6796-2D7A-4B01-9BDB-D59D92B7D970.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A modern day view of Miami Beach at Abe Resnick Bvld. Interesting angle of locations we see in “Lend Me An Ear”, “Bought and Paid For” and “Heart of Darkness” to name a few.

91776652-2995-4BC7-BA81-120CC3AF11C5.jpeg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

I think I can see the “Little Prince” mansion and some of the Collins Avenue mansions along the Intracoastal seen in the Pilot. 

I agree that you see these in the Pilot but I don't see the Little Prince House, 42 Star Island Dr.  I think this snapshot from the video (1st image, 1960) looks a lot like an older pic of 4731 Pine Tree Dr, Miami Beach (2d image) seen in Miracle Man and Freefall.  But on Bing maps etc it looks different today.  What do you think, same house?

vlcsnap-2018-06-03-13h56m42s266.jpg

tester.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

I agree that you see these in the Pilot but I don't see the Little Prince House, 42 Star Island Dr.  I think this snapshot from the video (1st image, 1960) looks a lot like an older pic of 4731 Pine Tree Dr, Miami Beach (2d image) seen in Miracle Man and Freefall.  But on Bing maps etc it looks different today.  What do you think, same house?

vlcsnap-2018-06-03-13h56m42s266.jpg

tester.jpg

Yes same house - a few changes but the main features remain.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

Another Ocean Drive shot this one was sent to me recently and was dated Christmas Day, 1983 !

From The Avalon Hotel (“Duty & Honor” aka The Savage) on 7th looking North.

EDD9982A-2A0F-4695-8473-AD68E1CC304B.jpeg

• Like 4

Very interesting from 1975 over Miami Beach - in the last 20 seconds or so we get some good views of the now demolished Biscaya Hotel and MacArthur Cswy.

Edited by Matt5

On 6/5/2018 at 12:02 AM, Matt5 said:

Very interesting from 1975 over Miami Beach - in the last 20 seconds or so we get some good views of the now demolished Biscaya Hotel and MacArthur Cswy.

@miamijimf did you see this ? Particularly the Biscayna and MacArthur at the end pretty cool.

• Like 1

Ya good old video.  Have you seen this one?  The narrator is Ralph Renick, the patriarch of South Florida`s television news industry and the first one in the country to editorialize on TV news.  (not sure it was a good thing to start)  Met him once on a train on the way to summer camp in NC.  

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

Ya good old video.  Have you seen this one?  The narrator is Ralph Renick, the patriarch of South Florida`s television news industry and the first one in the country to editorialize on TV news.  (not sure it was a good thing to start)  Met him once on a train on the way to summer camp in NC.  

Thanks Jim never seen it ! 

A time travel machine back to Miami and Florida from the 1950s to 1990 would be perfect for me right now. Or is that a plot for “Back to the Future 4”?! Ha ha :)

• Like 1