The Prop Re-use Thread

daytona365

30 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

My audio memory far exceeds my visual memory—to the point that the former actually triggers the latter! That’s how I solve some of the image trivias here. If there’s music playing with an image on the show, I can recall the image and music instantly.

It’s also how I play all instruments. However, in that department, the sounds do not generate images of the instruments exclusively. The sounds (in my mind or ears) predominately generate abstract visuals and senses. I’ve heard of other musicians who translate that way, also. That’s why you see us close out eyes or stare off blankly into nothing. That’s where the best notes are. Anyway, I digress... :) 

If I could have taken exams in remembering lyrics I would never have needed to revise. My head's full of them. Can't play anything though :(

57 minutes ago, wolfie1996 said:

If I could have taken exams in remembering lyrics I would never have needed to revise. My head's full of them. Can't play anything though :(

Funny you say that. For my hard classes that required a lot of reading, I read the books aloud to myself in foreign accents. I aced all the tests that way! :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Funny you say that. For my hard classes that required a lot of reading, I read the books aloud to myself in foreign accents. I aced all the tests that way! :) 

I wish I'd known you then :) That's invaluable advice! Too late now though, I've jumped my last jump exam-wise. That's how they seemed to me, like a series of showjumps  requiring intense concentration...I remember being 8 floors up  sitting one and I said to the invigilator "I can hear road works at ground level, won't be able to switch on the concentration" and they stopped them!

• Haha 1

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

Can you make a sample recording out of these? I would like to hear your „French Twist“!

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Can you make a sample recording out of these? I would like to hear your „French Twist“!

“It’s probably a trap.” :) 

Off topic an: But with some songs it also happens to me that I see pictures while I listen. But - to return to the topic - I have never paid attention to which picture hangs where on the wall or, what I find absolutely unbelievable, that a license plate has been used a second time on a completely different vehicle.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Christine said:

Off topic an: But with some songs it also happens to me that I see pictures while I listen. But - to return to the topic - I have never paid attention to which picture hangs where on the wall or, what I find absolutely unbelievable, that a license plate has been used a second time on a completely different vehicle.

Me neither Christine! Isn't as if the numbers are that easy to see either..

• Like 1

1985 Dodge Aries K

Season 1 "The Maze" I think.

1985 Dodge Aries K

Re-used again but this time with a siren placed on top.

"Theresa"

1985 Dodge Aries K

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

1986 Ferrari 328 GTS 

"A Rock and a Hard Place"

1986 Ferrari 328 GTS

Used again as a background vehicle in season 5

"Hostile Takeover"

1986 Ferrari 328 GTS

My God, you've got a keen eye, RedDragon!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

On 4/22/2020 at 6:33 AM, Dadrian said:

These pajamas in “Whatever Works”. 

Pretty sure they’re the same ones from “Rites of Passage” when Diane is listening to the headphones in bed. She’s wearing the top, and David is wearing the bottoms. 

24B672BC-C7BE-4A8B-9C32-ADFD79BCBC40.jpeg

On 5/14/2020 at 8:18 PM, RedDragon86 said:

"The Prodigal Son"

grafik.thumb.png.22f918c43a29978c6bc996ea041296aa.png

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 3

vor 2 Stunden schrieb daytona365:

"The Prodigal Son"

grafik.thumb.png.22f918c43a29978c6bc996ea041296aa.png

Nice find. So: Newton Blade sold his pygamas to a cop? Or did he get killed after C&T left for NYC and his belongings were gifted  as a good cause to a (corrupt) police fund for the next case? :funky:

• Haha 1

Not 100% sure but this military jeep at the beginning of "Duty and Honor" could be the same one Maynard was driving in "Stones War"  (Ford M151 A1 'MUTT)

It has the same CB radio antennas at the back.

dsd.png.e1cd9d82713e4e56a86c266c2ec4d8a0.png

Untitled.png.dbe92e55b9e1a1a257e0d35b1cd25b5c.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Nice find. So: Newton Blade sold his pygamas to a cop? Or did he get killed after C&T left for NYC and his belongings were gifted  as a good cause to a (corrupt) police fund for the next case? :funky:

I believe Blade was still alive at the end of the episode as doesn't Castillo direct C&T to get back on the Blade case when the return to the OCB from NY?

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Not 100% sure but this military jeep at the beginning of "Duty and Honor" could be the same one Maynard was driving in "Stones War"  (Ford M151 A1 'MUTT)

It has the same CB radio antennas at the back.

dsd.png.e1cd9d82713e4e56a86c266c2ec4d8a0.png

Untitled.png.dbe92e55b9e1a1a257e0d35b1cd25b5c.png

It’s highly likely it the same vehicle.  There are lots of prop companies in the LA area to provide very specific things like a military Jeep to a production.  Miami doesn’t have that same infrastructure so they likely used  just a handful of  available sources and reused their props.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Does Calderone getaway seaplane half count at the end of "Brothers Keeper"?:)

Used again in the outro's.

Untitled.png.9bdc3fe0d58b90afcb7229cb99f45321.png

I know it’s the same location, but I can’t remember if it’s the same plane in “One Way Ticket” and “Baseballs of Death” ?(

Forgive me if I’ve asked before, but has anyone ever noticed Tubbs wears this same necktie in Back in the World and Stone’s War? Isn’t it ironic? :p

C31480A2-1D08-4B22-9B62-80816152371E.jpeg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Forgive me if I’ve asked before, but has anyone ever noticed Tubbs wears this same necktie in Back in the World and Stone’s War? Isn’t it ironic? :p

C31480A2-1D08-4B22-9B62-80816152371E.jpeg

Great spot Dadrian! 

This has to be intentional.

Untitled.png.3f3e80e9f1c01969e6c2713523e6c260.png

Very observant from Philip. 

• Like 3

On 1/10/2022 at 7:48 PM, Dadrian said:

I know it’s the same location, but I can’t remember if it’s the same plane in “One Way Ticket” and “Baseballs of Death” ?(

Excellent! just checked it was "Baseballs of Death"

Untitled.png.70b87815084c2e730688a9674557ffa5.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Robert Small who played DA Joe Mahoney in "Rock in a Hard Place" also wore Ivory Jones necklace.

Untitled.png.8beee737efa4e6e26417c48985284d95.png

Maybe he defended Rosella after she shot her dad. She gave it to him for keeping her outta the slam. :p

• Haha 1