This song should've been on MV!

Dadrian

I am really surprised no Miami Sound Machine songs were on Vice. There really was no other group that screamed Miami more than them back in the day. It would have been cool to hear "Rhythm is Gonna Get You" on any episode. I did see in an interview that they were invited to be on Vice and play some songs at a "drug lords" party but they declined. Too bad.

Gloria Estefan's husband , Emilio Estevan , had a song featured in the MV 2006 movie though :D

• 5 months later...

My pick for the song that should've been on MVI just listened to The Essential Judas Priest collection and when i heard "Blood Red Skies" i was immediately thinking Miami Vice and how epic this song would have been as climax of some episode!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Holy crap this is by far the best thing I've ever posted!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXUmRVEAQf4It's from the same album as "Phantom Living" (Phantoms, 1984). If you like Miami Vice music and don't already have this album, don't waste anymore time not finding it! :). It's incredible!! I LOVE The Fixx!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Perfect Crockett montage song.. this little hidden gem..

From the The Cars - 1987  "Fine Line" off the Door To Door album, their last album together.

• 2 months later...

Interesting thread. i agree about Mama, and also with many of posters' suggestion, especially Foster's Who's Gonna Hold You Tonight, Marx's Hazard, Mr. Mister Broken Wings (An amazing song from this band was actually used in the show - Stand And Deliver). As I write in another post, I think Don Henley's Boys Of Summer has a real strong vice vibe, and could have been used in so many scenes. Its uptempo beat suggests fast car driving ;-)

• 2 months later...

another VERY cool song (chase scene):

That's amazing!! I can't find it on iTunes or Spotify with either spelling. (New Musik)

Instant favourite.

Edited by Marc

• 2 months later...

But i can hardly complain. They used Eminence Front and Baba O'riley AMAZINGLY..

But CSI Miami did jump on this song. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I love Mr Mister's Broken Wings, and Billy Ocean's Get Outta My Dreams! I listen to those songs all the time when I'm driving. Were they not on the show? I'm currently on the first season, and trying to go in order. A lot of the stuff I listen to would have been great on the show. Dangerous by Roxette, Invisible Touch by Genesis, She Drives me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibals, Street of Dreams by Rainbow, The Warrior by Patty Smyth to name a few.