This song should've been on MV!

Dadrian

Mama-Genesis would have been epic but i think they used it on Magnum PI, so they probably felt like they didn't want to copy something that was copying vice. lol

Edited by thedeparted94

I love Mr Mister's Broken Wings, and Billy Ocean's Get Outta My Dreams! I listen to those songs all the time when I'm driving. Were they not on the show? I'm currently on the first season, and trying to go in order. A lot of the stuff I listen to would have been great on the show. Dangerous by Roxette, Invisible Touch by Genesis, She Drives me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibals, Street of Dreams by Rainbow, The Warrior by Patty Smyth to name a few. 

Sure! Misters' Broken Wings! PS They actually used Stand and Deliver from MrMr following album "Go On", don't remember the ep title, but the music is in background in a scene into a club or something. Too bad...

Street of Dreams would have gone well with the Burnett storyline. And how about Cameo's Word Up? Sounds like something that would be playing when Tubbs and Rico are undercover at a club. One Night in Bangkok definitely fits the life of a vice cop well. Also, Dan Hartman's I can Dream About You is something I can hear them playing at the beginning of an episode or during a party scene.

• 3 weeks later...

I came along Rough Boy by ZZ top and thought: Damn, this would be perfect over a scene with Crockett and one of his girls. Especially the beginning.

Edited by eXistenZ

• 1 month later...

Hasn't it a strong Miami Vice feel? Listen to the verses. I see Castillo sneakin' in a dangerous situation at night, bent knees, gun pointed to the ground, slowly looking left and right. The bad guys are inside, and he's about to enter... What do you think, Markwey?

I see it, Jerry.

That scene you just described - very well fitted.

I pictured a somewhat similar situation, but with Castillo; remember the graveyard scene,

from El Viejo? "State of Emergency" by the Cactus World News playing on the background.

But this time at the bad guys house, at night, Castillo sneaking in like the ninja he is.

It does a strong Miami Vice feel to it.

Edited by Markwey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...