This song should've been on MV!

Dadrian

very true, cig. also "home by the sea" by genesis would have been great in phil the shill when he buys the house. i may have already mentioned this.

• 2 weeks later...

this whole record is full of vice-worthy songs. i highly recommend it to anyone who likes this kind of stuff:Eingefügtes BildINXS - The Swing (1984)1. Original Sin (EXTREMELY VICE!!!) click to see video:

2. Melting in the Sun3. I Send a Message (featured in "Glades" when the girls are boxing)4. Dancing on the Jetty5. Swing, The6. Johnson's Aeroplane7. Love Is (What I Say)8. Face the Change9. Burn For You10. All the Voices

• 2 weeks later...

John SerrieI happened onto 'Sound Scapes' on Music-Choice channels today and heard a tune I could have sworn had definite Hammer tones, very reminiscent of 'Stake Out' THe track was called "Valley of the Nacoochee" by John Serrie. Not sure whether other artists (Tim Truman, etc.) have had tracks played on that subscriber-based music channel.

i'm not sure about the blue silver thing, but i agree about new religion. save a prayer is the highlight of this record for me, at least musically.btw-the entire album is drenched with the Roland Jupiter-8 synthesizer that Jan Hammer used on so many mv tunes, like Crockett's theme and buddies.Eingefügtes Bild

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yiNqwEAtpkEingefügtes Bildmaybe it's because they used a couple of synths in this song like jan hammer's:you can hear the Yamaha DX7 playing that repeating phrase in the intro ("night talk" sound), and check out those orchestra hit samples from the Fairlight CMI at 3:03 (jan used a variation of this sample in many cues, as you will easily recognize). Check out my "Jan Hammer for Dummies" post in "dadrian's corner" of the forum, if you haven't already, for pics and more info on these synths:http://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=832thanks!!

OK this is about 20 years too late of course as U2's latest album only came out recently - but one track on the album sounds like it could have been used on MV - it's called 'Moment of Surrender' and is my current favourite tune - on repeat all the time in my car wherever I'm driving - it is awesome - could've been used in several scenes I guess in MV - not least when Burnett regains his memory and walks into OCB in Redemption in Blood...Please listen to this track - it is absolutely amazing - and I'm not even a U2 fan ! Sounds a bit like a mix of Dire Straits and Keane... any thoughts???

Thanks for posting that link, RID. I love U2, and hadn't heard this song yet. I think you're absolutely right - this song would've been a brilliant fit for Redemption in Blood!Now I will definitely have to buy this CD!

"At the moment of surrenderI'm falling to my kneesI did not notice the passers byAnd they did not notice me"Love U2 and love this song!

""My body's now begging......begging to get backBegging to get backTo my heartTo the rhythm of my soulTo the rhythm of my consciousnessTo the rhythm that yearnsTo be released from control"Then the guitar from 5 mins onwards....wow - mesmerising.

I'll give this another shot: (what kinda scene it fits)"Where the Streets Have No Name" - U2 (teaser)"I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" - U2 (final scene before end credits)"Call Me" - Blondie (shootout in a club)"Raptor" - Blondie (boat scene)"Atomic" - Blondie (car or boat chase)"My Clone Sleeps Alone" - Pat Benatar (final shootout before credits)"We Live For Love" - Pat Benatar (another good shootout song)"Learning To Fly" - Pink Floyd (opening teaser)"Space Age Love Song" - Flock Of Seagulls (boat chase)"Rainfall" - Flock Of Seagulls (scene where Crockett and Tubbs follow somebody on foot or in car)"Gold" - Spandau Ballet (really emotional powered shootout)"Kids In America" - Kim Wilde (car chase)

• 1 month later...

Just heard Simply Red's 'Do the Right Thing' again after many years on the radio - I thought 'man that track would've sounded great on the Vice!' - not sure what ep/scene - plenty to choose from though in principle where Sonny tries to 'do the right thing' - but needs to be an ep which is a bit 'lighter', in tune with the rhythm of the song I think.

• 1 month later...

here's an entire cd with 10 straigt vice-worthy songs. i can't say that for any other cd that i've found. all ten songs!!Eingefügtes Bild"Shabooh Shoobah" by INXS (1982)don't be fooled by the cover :)listen to the samples:http://www.amazon.com/Shabooh-Shoobah-INXS/dp/B000002JJYi'd even go as far to say that if there was no jan hammer, the ferris brothers could have made a great mv score!

• 2 weeks later...
I wish they had used even more Peter Gabriel songs:
"Security"' date=' I believe, is the most "Miami Vice" album ever.[/quote']i just got "security" today. wow! i wish i had this all along. GREAT. thanks for the tip.Eingefügtes Bild

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
'Give me tonight' by Shannon would have been a good track to fit in somewhere in an episode' date=' I find.[/quote']A great tune overshadowed by Let The Music Play

I also like Tears for Fears and would suggest these from them.Everybody wants to rule the world:

Shout:
Mad world:
I agree with you...Shout would definitely fit in...especially the solo at 4:44...either the daytona or testarossa at night accelerating...C&T in a hurry to save somebody from getting wacked :)

• 2 weeks later...

Even though this track is made 2009 I think it would fit in good...funny thing, I read about from what/where Fever Ray gets their artistic inspiration and they named Miami Vice! among many others...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBVkq-V3jg0especially from 3:08... It would fit great into a teaser and at 3:36 for an south american episode