This song should've been on MV!

Dadrian

Never Say Never/Romeo VoidSpellbound/ Siouxie and the BansheesYou Got Another thing Coming/Judas PriestMexican Radio/Wall of VoodooRio/Duran DuranRunning With the Night/Lionel RichieThe One Thing/INXS

Howard Jones - What is LoveNik Kershaw - Wouldn't it be good The Human League - Don't You Want Me A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)

Howard Jones - What is Love

+1 on thatalso "hide and seek" from that same album (human's lib) sounds like howard jones singing over a jan hammer cue. if u haven't heard it, youtube it. amazing!!

MrsEvanFreed' date='If my memory serves me right, this song was used in "Rising Sun Of Death".:)[/quote']Really, have to go back and watch that one, don't recall that. ?(Hope senility isn't setting in, I'm only in my 40's. :eek:

• 3 months later...

"Mama"off of Genesis` self titled album from 1983 would have been a good ,yet dark tribute to Caitlins death..This particular song can be interpreted in many different ways.

• 5 months later...

In fact, someone with the time and software should post an MV montage on YouTube with this song. I'd watch it often. Anyone else?
does anyone know how songs were chosen for the series or who chose them?

This is a great thread.I have been putting up some videos I have made with miami vice scenes.I have been looking out for some music to use in my creations and theres some good ideas here.

does anyone know how songs were chosen for the series or who chose them?

In the beginning up to early Season 3 it was associate Producer Fred Lyle. "In The Air Tonight" was Thomas Carter's (director of the pilot) choice.

"Mama"off of Genesis` self titled album from 1983 would have been a good ' date='yet dark tribute to Caitlins death..This particular song can be interpreted in many different ways.[/quote']I think I remember this song from a great episode of Magnim PI. Tonight Tonight Tonight was also used in a cool montage style segment in a later episode.Maybe that was the reason 'Mama' wasn't used on Vice.

They should have used the song Cocaine by Eric Clapton.Its an old song but would have fit well,in the show.Like that song.

They should have used the song Cocaine by Eric Clapton.Its an old song but would have fit well' date='in the show.Like that song.[/quote']With the amount of hip hop/r&b that floods the music industry nowadays along with rubbish like Lady GaGa, I find myself going back to the music from 50's through to 90's and listening to stuff I missed out on the first time around. While I loved the Sisters Of Mercy and This Corrosion it never caused me to give their album a go and I am glad that I now have. Floodland is brilliant and I think a track off it called Colours would have fit in to Vice somewhere, possibly Little Miss Dangerous (has that P.I.L feel to it).Ps. I prefer the JJ Cale version of Cocaine, the Clapton cover sounds no different so I felt a little disappointed he didn't put his mark on it even though he is probably better known for it than Cale.

• 1 month later...

I think this song should have been on miami vice. The people that made GTA vice city must have thought so also, because it was included there. This video is from 1983. I think it has a similar neo noir style that Vice used.

• 3 weeks later...

Laura Branigan - Self Control would have been an awesome tune for a Gina episode. One where Gina would've been the star/lead, the way Crockett usually was. Where we followed her in her car, listened to her phone calls, sat with her on her stake-outs, and also her dealings with Trudy and the others. Man, they missed on some opportunities for sure. Heck, even a reunion episode about her would kick it.

• 10 months later...

Oingo Boingo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=9PMI4XcUTgY&feature=endscreen

Sounds a lot like Vice. Saw OB in Back to School the other day, checked them out on YouTube. Saw above song. Googled Oingo Boingo and Miami Vice. Turns out their drummer was in the Made for Each Other and The Fix episodes on Vice, according to M.V. wiki. If that's true, what the heck was the drummer doing getting gigs on Vice? Anything to do with OB originally being a theatre troupe? Weird.

Some great choices - heard Gerry Rafferty's "Night Owl" on the radio the other day and wow that is so a Season 1 night drive scene track !:thumbsup::D

• 4 weeks later...
I am really surprised no Miami Sound Machine songs were on Vice. There really was no other group that screamed Miami more than them back in the day. It would have been cool to hear "Rhythm is Gonna Get You" on any episode. I did see in an interview that they were invited to be on Vice and play some songs at a "drug lords" party but they declined. Too bad.