This song should've been on MV!

Dadrian

Hazard by Richard Marx:

Naturally in an episode where a girl named Mary gets killed.
Very nice song from a great songwriter. I havent heard this one in years. Thanks.

Yes the "Techno-Pop era of the eighties had lots of great music that would have fit in perfectly to MV.One that comes to mind for me is Killing Joke "Love Like Blood" (Great Baseline in that song!!!) or the "Eighties" Or Thomas Leer's "Heartbeat" - ALL GREAT HEAVY EIGHTIES TUNES!!possibly "Terrance Trent D'Arby's "Sign Your Name" could have been used as one of the love songs for Caitlin???How about Belouis Some - "Imagination" or Flock of Seagulls - "I Ran" (some chase scene or something?) or "Wishing" (Crocket looking at a photograph?)How many people died in Sonny's arms??? - Frozen Ghost - "Died In Your Arms Tonight"Fun Lovin' Criminals - "Scooby Snacks" - when chasing down drug smugglers!Furniture - "Brilliant Mind" - speaking about any one of the smarter drug runners?Heaven 17 - Let Me Go - any driving scene...boat or car. (cool underbeat)Howard Jones - "No One Is To Blame" - any heartbreak scene for either C or TIt's Immaterial - "Driving Away From Home" - when Sonny leaves after a visit with his son...or maybe Roxy Music - "On The Radio" when driving?Ministry - "Everyday is Halloween" - used in any sequence with Legba :)Someone else mentioned Simple Minds...I think the breakfast Club is too focused to the movie of the same name' date=' so I would have suggested maybe Simple Minds - "C Moon Cry Like A Baby" or maybe "Up on the Catwalk" with anyhting to do with finance or banking...Strange Advance - "The Second That I Saw You" - any storyline regarding a beautiful woman diva type?Soemthing mellow....? - Talk Talk - "Happiness is Easy" or "Living in another World"Tears For Fears - "Mad World" - showing the insanity of the drug business? or Tears For Fears - Woman in Chains - on some story line regarding women?Thomas Leer - "International" -when some out of town (country) sophistocated drug dealer show up in an episode.(great lyrics of smuggling "China White")Urgeoverkill - "Girl You'll Be a Woman Soon" - any storyline regarding hookers!Voice Of America - "Story Of Love"West End Dance Project - "92 In the Shade" - any hot sweaty scenes!Yazoo - "Situation" - cops searching a building room by room???ABC - "4Ever 2Gether"Devo - "Speed Racer" would have been good in that season five one with the auto racing in Miami (name of episode escapes me right now)[u']or better yet...."Watching the Detectives" - Elvis Costello :)There was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much great music in the eighties that it's hard to choose. I think they did a good job anyway you look at it. With all the great songs of the eighties they could have ran another two hundred episodes of MV and never run out of musical interludes!

There was so much great music in the eighties that it's hard to choose. I think they did a good job anyway you look at it. With all the great songs of the eighties they could have ran another two hundred episodes of MV and never run out of musical interludes!

Howard Jones N.I.T.B. & Up on the catwalk. great songs.Use "I ran" intead of Voices(keyboards sound too annoying like a mosquito flying around your ear!)Looking at Callie & Simple minds...Someone, Somewhere in Summertime.In stone's war I felt comical to play "holiday in cambodia" when hunting that old VC in the thick foliage.

Tony Esposito - Kalimba De LunaThis song I remember well from Miami in the 80s. This song could had worked well in a disco scene or a beach dance.PS look at the pastels:dance2:

• Administrators

I think this would have been a great Tubbs to Valarie song.Click Here -----> LinkOf course it was about 10 years too late, but...Still great song.

• 2 weeks later...

Two I always thought have been mentioned so far: Tears for Fears and Everybody Wants to Rule the World.Phil's "Another Day in Paradise" always seemed like a logical choice, Genesis's "In the Glow of the Night" as well. Recently though, as my music interest has spread, I've found more and more Vice-esque songs that would work. I've mentally nailed a whole entire episode (or two-parter) around Peter Gabriel's "Big Time" (damn that album "So" really gets its bang for a buck, doesn't it?). :dance2:More recently, U2's "City of Blinding Lights" would make for a great love scene or, for whatever reason, an extended panoramic shot of Miami at night. Madonna's "La Isla Bonita" would be good for something Caribbean-inspired, including probably half of Santana's post-90's tunes, "Maria" especially.You gotta admit though, "Smooth Criminal" would make a helluva hilarious theme song for a recurring bad guy that always slips away from Vice. :p

Another vote for "Everybody Wants to Rule the World." I also think "Money For Nothing" by Dire Straits would have been great in Made For Eachother. Especially when Izzy and Noogy were pulling their scam.

80s MTV

Another vote for "Everybody Wants to Rule the World." I also think "Money For Nothing" by Dire Straits would have been great in Made For Eachother. Especially when Izzy and Noogy were pulling their scam.

Yes Money for nothing embodiesMTV rock lifestyle

if you are reading this, and you don't have it, get the "brothers in arms" record (cd, download, whatever) from dire straits. the whole thing is awesome! great MV and non-MV tunes!!Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildTrack ListingSide 1So Far AwayMoney For NothingWalk of LifeYour Latest TrickWhy Worry Side 2Ride Across the RiverThe Man's Too StrongOne WorldBrothers in Arms

i love the U2 songs that were used on MV. i'm a huge U2 fan. to me, this song is more MV than any song that was actually used in the series. see what you think:The Unforgettable Fire (1984)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yiNqwEAtpkEingefügtes Bildmaybe it's because they used a couple of synths in this song like jan hammer's:you can hear the Yamaha DX7 playing that repeating phrase in the intro ("night talk" sound), and check out those orchestra hit samples from the Fairlight CMI at 3:03 (jan used a variation of this sample in many cues, as you will easily recognize). Check out my "Jan Hammer for Dummies" post in "dadrian's corner" of the forum, if you haven't already, for pics and more info on these synths:http://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=832thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
I wish they had used even more Peter Gabriel songs:
"Security"' date=' I believe, is the most "Miami Vice" album ever.[/quote']Cool songs Ivory, just a thought, but how about adding them and the lyrics here with the rest of the 80's songs. :thumbsup:Thanks for sharing.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a list of songs that would have been perfect for Miami Vice and what scenes they would be perfect in:"Atomic"-Blondie(good boat chase song) "My Clone Sleeps Alone"-Pat Benatar(good slo-mo of a perp getting shot and falling out the window at the end of the song) "Sunglasses at Night"-Corey Hart(Good for a dark season four shoot-out finale) "Where the Streets Have No Name"-U2(Perfect for an opening teaser) "Two Tribes"-Frankie Goes To Hollywood(Good for a season four opening teaser) "Call Me"-Blondie(perfect for an opening season five teaser,around the time Crockett lost his memory) and that's all I got!Although if did a Vice episode where they went to Vegas,perfect song for that,"Viva Las Vegas"-ZZ Top.

MAMA by GENESIS - I could think of at least 5 scenes where this song would have been better than the song that was actually used for that scene.

It's amazing that you mention this, because I've always thought exactly the same thing. Whoever chose the music for Vice was obviously a hardcore Genesis fan. You had the proliferation of Genesis songs in the episodes, the fact that Phil Collins guest starred in an episode, and also the fact that the ex members of Genesis (i.e Peter Gabriel, and Mike Rutherford as Mike and the Mechanics) had loads of their songs featured in Vice episodes as well.Yet the most obvious Vice like tune that Genesis made (i.e Mama) was never featured in it! AND IMHO it was the best Genesis song ever made! I think it could have been put to excellent use in a Vice episode. There's a lot of tension and suspense in that tune, which would have reinforced the drama contained within any scene.

And while we we're on the subject "Never let me down" By Depeche Mode in it's proper version would have been an excellent Vice tune. I realise that this appeared in "Death and the lady", but you don't hear much of the tune in that scene, and it was obviously an extended remixed version. I actually think it would have been a better song to use than "Flies on the windscreen" in El Viejo. However being fair, I don't think the album which contained "Never let me down" was released until 1988, so that would have been impossible anyway.

• 1 month later...