Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

Yes' date=' Most of the houses out there are 1990's or newer having torn down the older, smaller homes. The few that still exist make me think that Key Biscayne is a likely propect. S. Mashta Dr looks out at the open bay which would explain not seeing any lights in the background. I am still looking actively in other areas but this is one of my top picks.[/color']

I see your point, but I don't see any street pattern on S. Mashta Dr that matches the scenes. And the sun in the scenes indicates that the water is either west or east of the house, not south.

PHOTO H could suggest the driveway is "horseshoe" shaped. And after spending several hours looking at aerial photos of the suggested location of South Mashta Drive, I would think this house has long been demolished and a new home has been built on this lot. Key Biscayne has a NO Build law, meaning no new development can take place but existing lots/homes can be built on or remodeled. I wonder if Sherry Thorup could help us with this one? http://thorup.com/memorabilia.html

I see your point' date=' but I don't see any street pattern on S. Mashta Dr that matches the scenes. And the sun in the scenes indicates that the water is either west or east of the house, not south.[/quote']Just wanted to add this screen cap. Also I zoomed in on the white house across the street to try and locate an address number by the mailbox but was unsuccessful. Will keep digging. :)Eingefügtes Bild

I sent Sherry a message on Facebook a couple of days ago but so far no response. First time I have tried to contact one of the Location Managers, I was hopefull she would respond because the knowledge she has first hand and that she still has the original paperwork for season 1 including copies of the call sheets. So far no response. Re: the driveway. I suspect it was a narrow u shaped drive with not allot of distance between the two "legs". The road at the west end of South Mashta Drive has changed some in shape and location since Vice filmed and houses have been built where the road and open land was. It is possible that if the home were at the west end the drive could be only half as long as it was.GE does not go back far enough to confirm or reject the location. As far as the sun goes, rumor has it that the cancellation of Miami Vice caused the earth to go off it's rocker and the earth spun off it's axis changing life forever. If not then I have no explenation and I continue to keep all options open. I suspect three possibilities: 1) The rear of the house faced open water,2) it faced a wooded /undeveloped shoreline, or 3) the angle of the camera was somewhat down and an awning or roofline restricted our view and we could not see far enough out to see lights.

Just wanted to add this screen cap. Also I zoomed in on the white house across the street to try and locate an address number by the mailbox but was unsuccessful. Will keep digging. :)Eingefügtes Bild

Note that the house has stairs leading up to the front door. A trait seen on Key Biscayne but rare elsewhere.

Also, in regards to the sun. I could be mistaken but the sun seems to be shinning on the back of the house, meaning the the back of the house could face east or west, based on the angle of the sun and the pictures and the Ep. .

Also' date=' in regards to the sun. I could be mistaken but the sun seems to be shinning on the back of the house, meaning the the back of the house could face east or west, based on the angle of the sun and the pictures and the Ep. .[/quote']Interesting:D

C Glide' date=' do you have another location to find, please until something is found on the current cold case. Thanks![/quote']What about the beach scene from the pilot is that still unconfirmed as Sunny Isles - Key Biscayne:D

C Glide' date=' do you have another location to find, please until something is found on the current cold case. Thanks![/quote']Traynor's house in Rites of passage is worth a shot. It's similar to the Evan house on Sunset Island 2 but is located at the end of a circled drive. Interesting that we did not find it so far.

Traynor's house in Rites of passage is worth a shot. It's similar to the Evan house on Sunset Island 2 but is located at the end of a circled drive. Interesting that we did not find it so far.

Good point:D

Traynor's house in Rites of passage is worth a shot. It's similar to the Evan house on Sunset Island 2 but is located at the end of a circled drive. Interesting that we did not find it so far.

Agree, interesting house that resembles the Even/LMD etc house in a way but how do you know it's at the end of a circled drive?

What about the beach scene from the pilot is that still unconfirmed as Sunny Isles - Key Biscayne:D

Matt, we think we found the location but until someone can go to that section of the beach & have a good look at the Miami Beach Club, which still exists, we can't confirm if it is the location. There are no photographs from the beach to the club from the necessary angle plus the birdseye views etc from the map sites & Google Earth don't help. Someone might have better luck with those sites than I did. I would volunteer to go there myself but I am loving all this cold, stormy weather in good ole Blighty lol

Thanks, Tom. Will rewatch the ep tonight & start looking.

Agree' date=' interesting house that resembles the Even/LMD etc house in a way but how do you know it's at the end of a circled drive?[/quote']one can see that in the scene where Switek and Zito push Diane in the car where Crockett and Tubbs receive her and drive off.

Matt' date=' we think we found the location but until someone can go to that section of the beach & have a good look at the Miami Beach Club, which still exists, we can't confirm if it is the location. There are no photographs from the beach to the club from the necessary angle plus the birdseye views etc from the map sites & Google Earth don't help. Someone might have better luck with those sites than I did. I would volunteer to go there myself but I am loving all this cold, stormy weather in good ole Blighty lol[/quote']Its colder in New York and even Florida is cold at present :D

one can see that in the scene where Switek and Zito push Diane in the car where Crockett and Tubbs receive her and drive off.

That is a good one and will be tough. I will watch it again tomorrow and see if I come up with any clues.

That is a good one and will be tough. I will watch it again tomorrow and see if I come up with any clues.

Look forward to your input SoflaJeremy :D

Front view of the Traynor House (possible circular driveway) notice the steps up to the front door (Key Biscayne house?) something interesting here though, the house seems to have lots of trees and shrubbery around it, giving it a secluded look and feeling.Eingefügtes BildHere is a view from what seems to be the second floor of the Traynor House but notice all the lights in the background. It would appear the house sits up high with an overlook of the city, which seems strange to because as we know, there are no big hills or mountains in Miami ! Is it possible they shot at a different locations for this scene? High rise or hotel room? Eingefügtes Bild

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/RamJet/Miami%20Vice/RightsofPassage.jpgHere is a view from what seems to be the second floor of the Traynor House but notice all the lights in the background. It would appear the house sits up high with an overlook of the city, which seems strange to because as we know, there are no big hills or mountains in Miami ! Is it possible they shot at a different locations for this scene? High rise or hotel room? Eingefügtes Bild

Nice screen caps. Good to see you posting Pinkf, you're one of the best detectives. I've always thought the shot of him on the phone etc was not Traynor's house but a different location. Traynor's house has so many similarities to the Even etc house it makes me think that a careful Street View search of the Sunset Islands might find it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/RamJet/Miami%20Vice/RightsofPassage.jpgHere is a view from what seems to be the second floor of the Traynor House but notice all the lights in the background. It would appear the house sits up high with an overlook of the city, which seems strange to because as we know, there are no big hills or mountains in Miami ! Is it possible they shot at a different locations for this scene? High rise or hotel room? Eingefügtes Bild

I rewatched the ep last night & I got a bit confused: who was Valerie visiting at the end when she shoots everyone? On Jeremy's site, he possibly thinks she went to the Atlantis (when you see her get out of the taxi) - now in that scene, it is high up (I'm sure I saw a view from the window during the scene). So does Traynor have 2 homes in this and the 2nd picture above is also taken in the highrise one & not where the party was held? I have to admit I was tired last night so not in the best mode to try to spot items for location hunting!

Interesting note to add, Valeire knew exactly how to get to Traynor's house having been there to get Diane, so this might eliminate that the second screen cap could possible be Lyle's house? :confused:

I watched the episode again and it won't be easy. To keep us organized I am going to assign this the title of Cold Case 9. Then divide it into CC9-A and CC9-B based on the party house and the Apartment being two different locations. Lets say the party house is CC9-A and the apartment is CC9-B. It may seem like we are missing CC8 but I will get back to that. I will start here with CC9-B the apartment since I have just taken another look at it but have not had a chance to look at the party house much yet.CC9-B: My first hunch was the Atlantis on Brickell Ave. but there are things that do not match up.There is a unique railing on the balcony. Most area condos have verticle rails in the railing while these are horizontal which is much less common. There are 6 rails top to botton while the Atlantis has 5.Photo CC9-B1:Eingefügtes BildPhoto CC9-B2:Eingefügtes BildTHere is a unique wooded shoreline in the background with islands near the bigger shoreline.Photo CC9-B3:Eingefügtes BildTHose Islands alone should make it an easy find but so far,NOT.

Photo CC9-B4:Eingefügtes BildThis shot is a little tricky. It looks to me like South Miami in the background. At least it has that "feel" however; as I look at it, there seems to be a limited depth to the lights. If it were the mainland as I have always thought then why do the lights not stretch out the the horizon? Could it be the beach at an angle or Coconut Grove? I have increased the adaptive lighting in a capture of C+T arriving near the end. This looks very familiar and I know I have seen it before but I just cannot place it.Photo CC9-B5Eingefügtes Bild