Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

I found the address of the apartment block & it is 932 Palm Avenue' date=' Hialeah. When I searched this address it brought up the block which they said was built in 2006 but the site called it Airline Hotel. I wonder if this was the original name of the motel used by Vice? I'm at lunch so haven't got much more time to search online. Hope this helps a bit more?[/quote']I'm at work but as I was in the middle of this puzzle, I couldn't let it lie! I've searched again for old pictures of Hialeah and I found the following at the bottom of a web page on Hotel Hialeah someone has written "Did this hotel later become the Airliner which burnt down?" (nobody replied to him but the addresses are different so I'd say no). So if the Hotel Airline burnt down after Vice then has been rebuilt as condos, this seems to be the spot. I got this from Don Boyd's site - MiamiJim, haven't you been in contact with him before - would someone from his site know a bit more perhaps?

I'm at work but as I was in the middle of this puzzle' date=' I couldn't let it lie! I've searched again for old pictures of Hialeah and I found the following at the bottom of a web page on Hotel Hialeah someone has written "Did this hotel later become the Airliner which burnt down?" (nobody replied to him but the addresses are different so I'd say no). So if the Hotel Airline burnt down after Vice then has been rebuilt as condos, this seems to be the spot. I got this from Don Boyd's site - MiamiJim, haven't you been in contact with him before - would someone from his site know a bit more perhaps?[/quote']Great contributions to possibly locating the Ramrod guys. In Vice the Ramrod definitely looks like early 20th Century construction. I searched some old photos and found that the visit that Dan, my friends and I made to Mr. Neon's was in Feb 2007. If the info that CarolineUK dug up is correct and the newish building at 932 Palm Avenue, Hialeah was built in 2006 or in 2005 as Pink found then Dan's remark as we were driving down Palm, "that's the place" could not have been referring to that spot as the Ramrod. Unless of course he was just referring to the corner where it used to be. It is a fact that the building was there during Vice and there are similarities. Mr Neon did a lot of work on the Ramrod so it is logical that he would easily remember the location, especially since it was in Hialeah.Yes Don Boyd's site is great, he is my Facebook friend. Posting screencaps of the The Big Thaw's Lab in his "Memory Test - where were these photos taken?" Gallery led to its identification. I asked him to post screen caps of the Ramrod but so far he has not done it. I will try again.

Great contributions to possibly locating the Ramrod guys. In Vice the Ramrod definitely looks like early 20th Century construction. I searched some old photos and found that the visit that Dan' date=' my friends and I made to Mr. Neon's was in Feb 2007. If the info that CarolineUK dug up is correct and the newish building at 932 Palm Avenue, Hialeah was built in 2006 or in 2005 as Pink found then Dan's remark as we were driving down Palm, "that's the place" could not have been referring to that spot as the Ramrod. Unless of course he was just referring to the corner where it used to be. It is a fact that the building was there during Vice and there are similarities. Mr Neon did a lot of work on the Ramrod so it is logical that he would easily remember the location, especially since it was in Hialeah.Yes Don Boyd's site is great, he is my Facebook friend. Posting screencaps of the The Big Thaw's Lab in his "Memory Test - where were these photos taken?" Gallery led to its identification. I asked him to post screen caps of the Ramrod but so far he has not done it. I will try again.[/quote']Great work Jim . Shooting in Season 3 in Hialeah is odd for MV:D

Great contributions to possibly locating the Ramrod guys. In Vice the Ramrod definitely looks like early 20th Century construction. I searched some old photos and found that the visit that Dan' date=' my friends and I made to Mr. Neon's was in Feb 2007. If the info that CarolineUK dug up is correct and the newish building at 932 Palm Avenue, Hialeah was built in 2006 or in 2005 as Pink found then Dan's remark as we were driving down Palm, "that's the place" could not have been referring to that spot as the Ramrod. Unless of course he was just referring to the corner where it used to be. It is a fact that the building was there during Vice and there are similarities. Mr Neon did a lot of work on the Ramrod so it is logical that he would easily remember the location, especially since it was in Hialeah.Yes Don Boyd's site is great, he is my Facebook friend. Posting screencaps of the The Big Thaw's Lab in his "Memory Test - where were these photos taken?" Gallery led to its identification. I asked him to post screen caps of the Ramrod but so far he has not done it. I will try again.[/quote']Here is the link to the page which shows the location and also the name Airline hotel:http://www.city-data.com/mapIt.html?what=QWlybGluZSBIb3RlbA&where=OTMyIFBhbG0gQXZlLCBIaWFsZWFoLCBGTCAzMzAxMA

Here is the link to the page which shows the location and also the name Airline hotel:http://www.city-data.com/mapIt.html?what=QWlybGluZSBIb3RlbA&where=OTMyIFBhbG0gQXZlLCBIaWFsZWFoLCBGTCAzMzAxMA

Thanks Sue. I would bet this was where the the Ramrod was located. The building as it appears in Vice looks like an old hotel. The Airline? I'm really interested in what Charlie thinks about it. Unless I'm missing something the evidence is just circumstantial and he will probably want more confirmation.

Thanks Sue. I would bet this was where the the Ramrod was located. The building as it appears in Vice looks like an old hotel. The Airline? I'm really interested in what Charlie thinks about it. Unless I'm missing something the evidence is just circumstantial and he will probably want more confirmation.

I've looked though sites which feature old postcards or old photos of Hialeah & have found nothing. What a pity streetview wasn't aorund in the 80s!!The hotel's site is only about a mile north from Miami International so maybe it was one of the original hotels from the 30s?

if we found the Ramrod, then I bet we also will find Romano´s apartment (U-shaped apartment complex at a T-intersection, vis a vis a smallresidential neighborhood) near the Ramrod in Hialeah. I watched the scenes at Romano´s house recently and no way that location is in South Beach as we recently speculated.

I was a bit busy yesterday but I have pulled free now and see some very interesting work has been done. I wish I could clearly remember the postings on .org at the time but a local or person who had been a local posted the location of the Ramrod at the time. I thought it was Coral Gables but I don't recall the post as it was some time ago and I had not worked that far into the series on my location sleuthing at the time. Perhaps Danj stated he was on his way down there and they were going south on Palm... There was also posting about the construction or reconstruction of the place. I don't recall it exactly but everything posted here makes sense and a good lead to follow up.

I've looked though sites which feature old postcards or old photos of Hialeah & have found nothing. What a pity streetview wasn't aorund in the 80s!!The hotel's site is only about a mile north from Miami International so maybe it was one of the original hotels from the 30s?

I think it is highly likely we are very close but in regards to the Airline Hotel; it appears to have been on the corner and I belive the Ramrod was between two other buildings.

I think it is highly likely we are very close but in regards to the Airline Hotel; it appears to have been on the corner and I belive the Ramrod was between two other buildings.

Shame but still very interesting :D

Charlie I just watched the start of Streetwise slowly. The only time I see anything that looks like a building between the Ramrod and the corner is in the very brief shot of Rico' date=' or most likely his stunt double, tackling the Ramrod manager as he tries to escape the raid with the cash box. A screen cap of that brief shot is below. Of course it's logical that they filmed it next to the Ramrod but as you know it could have been shot somewhere else. What am I missing? Thanks.[img']http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p76/miamijimf/Special/airline.jpg

Has anybody got any ideas where we can find a picture of the Airline hotel then at least we can discount it from our search? I've googled & have looked on Don Boyd's site.

Has anybody got any ideas where we can find a picture of the Airline hotel then at least we can discount it from our search? I've googled & have looked on Don Boyd's site.

I just called Steve Carpenter, Mr. Neon. He was very friendly and apparently never got my email. Steve likes talking about Vice days. He remembered putting up the decorations for the Ramrod but could not recall where it was located or the name of the place. He said he thought it was on Palm but could not remember for sure. He said he would drive around and talk to some of his friends who worked on Vice with him to try and pin down the location. Steve also said he is working on a Mark Wahlberg movie currently and some of the crew worked on Vice so one of them may remember. He actually was in an episode as an extra. It was an episode where Gina and Trudy were inside in a bar at the bottom of a fancy multi storied hotel that had a lot of foliage and he had to duck under a table when someone started shooting. I said I would send him screencaps of the episode since he lost his video. I used to know the episode but can't think of it. What was it?

I just called Steve Carpenter' date=' Mr. Neon. He was very friendly and apparently never got my email. Steve likes talking about Vice days. He remembered putting up the decorations for the Ramrod but could not recall where it was located or the name of the place. He said he thought it was on Palm but could not remember for sure. He said he would drive around and talk to some of his friends who worked on Vice with him to try and pin down the location. Steve also said he is working on a Mark Wahlberg movie currently and some of the crew worked on Vice so one of them may remember. He actually was in an episode as an extra. It was an episode where Gina and Trudy were inside in a bar at the bottom of a fancy multi storied hotel that had a lot of foliage and he had to duck under a table when someone started shooting. I said I would send him screencaps of the episode since he lost his video. I used to know the episode but can't think of it. What was it?[/quote']Free VerseEingefügtes Bild

Great info :D

Agree. Thanks Charlie, that's the scene I was thinking about. I sent a video of the scene to Mr. Neon, that I'm pretty sure he was in as an extra. I also sent him screen caps of the Ramrod and the 1986 aerial photo of what we think was the Airline Hotel. Hopefully he will enjoy the video and all this will bring back fond memories. There is a chance he can pin down the location for us. Why do you think the Ramrod was between two other buildings? Please see my post #337.

Agree. Thanks Charlie' date=' that's the scene I was thinking about. I sent a video of the scene to Mr. Neon, that I'm pretty sure he was in as an extra. I also sent him screen caps of the Ramrod and the 1986 aerial photo of what we think was the Airline Hotel. Hopefully he will enjoy the video and all this will bring back fond memories. There is a chance he can pin down the location for us. Why do you think the Ramrod was between two other buildings? Please see my post #337.[/quote']I will go back and watch it again but I seem to remember C+T walking up to the building from the left and seing buildings and then Tubbs chasing the guy and seeing a building on the right.

I will go back and watch it again but I seem to remember C+T walking up to the building from the left and seing buildings and then Tubbs chasing the guy and seeing a building on the right.

Hialeah is so interesting - this location always like the alleys of Washington/Collins / Ocean :D

Introducing Cold Case 12: This location is absolutely findable, but it will take some searching by Google Earth or like. I have not spent time searching for it yet but I will now. It is the horse ranch (except establishing shot from CA.) from One Way Ticket. Most likely it is in the west or south. It looks like it had and may still have a greenhouse.12-A: Eingefügtes BildIt is such a large facility it is/was likely a community ranch or other type club. There was a large BBQ made of brick that would likely still be there.12-B: Eingefügtes BildLarge metal stables12-C: Eingefügtes Bild12-D: Eingefügtes BildIt may take some time but perhaps not so hard. I know we can do it.

I think it may be somewhere near or in Fort Lauderdale' date=' because the airfield scene was filmed there.[/quote']Thinking along those lines I did some searching around the Davie area last night knowing that is a big horse community in Broward County. I also looked north of the gun range on NW 58th Street that Crockett used. I basically went from the range up to the county line. No luck so far. It definitely looks like a higher end place. The odds are not as good I would think but it is possible they went up to Palm Beach County where they have some big money horse stables.