Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

HistoricAerials

That is awesome. I only had an opportunity to spend a couple minutes on it right now but I can see that being a big help on a number of cases. Castillo's wife's house for one. Nice!

Could Anyone write me how to view aerial photos on this site ?

Sure can. At the home page just click on the dark areas and once the photo loads down in the lower righthand corner is the zoom function. Slide it towards the globe to zoom out, then in the upper lefthand corner go to overlays and click on all roads to help you get orientated. Then just grab and drag the map to where you want to go. Hope this helps.;)

Sure can. At the home page just click on the dark areas and once the photo loads down in the lower righthand corner is the zoom function. Slide it towards the globe to zoom out' date=' then in the upper lefthand corner go to overlays and click on all roads to help you get orientated. Then just grab and drag the map to where you want to go. Hope this helps.;)[/quote']:):) There are a ton of places to go back and take a look at. Very interesting and I can see it being very helpful.

A really cool function with these maps are, in the upper lefthand corner of the map there is a button that says "Compare" a drop down menu pops down, scroll to "slide" and then to the right side of the map click on "2005" The map now should be half 1986 and half 2005. Now scroll the map across the screen, pretty neat to see the changes to housing lots, trees, roads, etc... Check out Chalks, a shadow of the Good Year blimp in the water and the Miami Gran Prix in action. (not a very large crowd).

Sure can. At the home page just click on the dark areas and once the photo loads down in the lower righthand corner is the zoom function. Slide it towards the globe to zoom out' date=' then in the upper lefthand corner go to overlays and click on all roads to help you get orientated. Then just grab and drag the map to where you want to go. Hope this helps.;)[/quote']Thanks for help but it's still doesn't work :( Watch this video, please:

http-~~-//youtu.be/FDJ3nrMURfE

A really cool function with these maps are' date=' in the upper lefthand corner of the map there is a button that says "Compare" a drop down menu pops down, scroll to "slide" and then to the right side of the map click on "2005" The map now should be half 1986 and half 2005. Now scroll the map across the screen, pretty neat to see the changes to housing lots, trees, roads, etc... Check out Chalks, a shadow of the Good Year blimp in the water and the Miami Gran Prix in action. (not a very large crowd).[/quote']Really interesting:D

http-~~-//youtu.be/FDJ3nrMURfE

Crockett- not sure but it looks like you are not be giving it time enough to load. Flamingo probably has a better answer.

Crockett- not sure but it looks like you are not be giving it time enough to load. Flamingo probably has a better answer.

maimijimf, that is exactly what I was thinking. It does take a few seconds for the page to load.Crockettt, try waiting a few seconds for the page to load before trying to scroll around the map.

• 2 weeks later...
Time for a new cold case. CC11: I know this one was found at one point so it may be solved quickly, I just do not remember exactly where it was and Matt5 brought it up elsewhere in the google earth section. The Ramrod Hotel in Streetwise. I recall that it was in Coral Gables or perhaps Coconut Grove. Does anyone recall? If not here are some screen captures.11A: Eingefügtes Bild11B: Eingefügtes BildBuilding to right of Ramrod as Tubbs makes a tackel.11C: Eingefügtes BildTo me this looks like an alley.11D: Eingefügtes Bild

Time for a new cold case. CC11: I know this one was found at one point so it may be solved quickly" data-date=" I just do not remember exactly where it was and Matt5 brought it up elsewhere in the google earth section. The Ramrod Hotel in Streetwise. I recall that it was in Coral Gables or perhaps Coconut Grove. Does anyone recall? If not here are some screen captures.11A: [IMG">

http://www.southfloridafilminglocations.com/wpimages/wpae576bef.png11B: Eingefügtes BildBuilding to right of Ramrod as Tubbs makes a tackel.11C: Eingefügtes BildTo me this looks like an alley.11D: Eingefügtes Bild

Because of the alleys I always assumed it was Collins Crt or off Washington Ave :D

I was looking at these 2 screen captures and noticed this yellow sign. I think this could shed some light on the location of this property.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I was looking at these 2 screen captures and noticed this yellow sign. I think this could shed some light on the location of this property.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

I must be getting lazy in my old age. I looked at the sign and thought it said Ramrod and Low Rates atthe bottom so I moved on. Now that I look closer it does say low rates at the bottom but the top says something like Rue Motel. I will have to put the disc in and try to catch it so the name is fully visible

I must be getting lazy in my old age. I looked at the sign and thought it said Ramrod and Low Rates atthe bottom so I moved on. Now that I look closer it does say low rates at the bottom but the top says something like Rue Motel. I will have to put the disc in and try to catch it so the name is fully visible

Rue Motel interesting:D

Ref CC11, the Ramrod Motel. I posted a photo on the Facebook group for those who grew up in Miami in the 60s and 70s and got two responses so far: "It reminds me of the Dania Beach Hotel, Dania Bch. blvd at s.e. 2 ave" and from another member, "Those open hallways are actually pretty unique, I would guess the area between Alton and Collins and between Lincoln Road and 5th." The Dania Beach Hotel, now closed, doesn't match and no luck finding it between Alton and Collins but at least these are ideas about where to look.

I definitely remember on org someone had found it in the Coral Gables area (to my surprise also) and even posted a picture. I just can't remember the details. I have started to look in that area in case it still stands.

I definitely remember on org someone had found it in the Coral Gables area (to my surprise also) and even posted a picture. I just can't remember the details. I have started to look in that area in case it still stands.

Look forward to finding the Ramrod - SoflaJeremy :D

Wayback MachineI forgot I had this website web.archive.org . So in the search box I typed in miami-vice.org and here are the results: Back To The Future? Some links/pages have been archived while others have not. It might not help but a cool tool none the less.:):radar:

Thanks for the link, Pink Flamingo!Unfortunately, a site with info to the Ramrod is not archived.But I tried a google search and came up with this extract of miami-vice.org. Watch the date of the discussion:Matt510-23-2009, 09:17 PMThe motel used in the episode "Streetwise".Jim, was this location for "Streetwise" ever found? Looks like Miami Beach area but , perhaps, a fake sign.?:Dmiamijimf10-23-2009, 10:31 PMThe motel used in the episode "Streetwise".Yes Maria, good job. Scene?Matt- checked the records and as far as I know the location of the Ramrod Motel has never been found. One of many mysteries left to be solved. I would bet that it's a phony name. The neon tubes sure look like Mr. Neon's work. Might be findable, kind of looks like one of the motels or apartment complexes on Collins or Washington.Bottom line: I fear C Glide´s memory is playing tricks on him regarding a tip for the Ramrod location being in Coral Gables or Coconut Grove. If at the end of 2009 (this was the last quarter of MV.org), none of our super sleuth club could remember this location hint on the forum, then I believe there was none.

Thanks for the link' date=' Pink Flamingo!Unfortunately, a site with info to the Ramrod is not archived.But I tried a google search and came up with this extract of miami-vice.org. Watch the date of the discussion:Matt510-23-2009, 09:17 PMThe motel used in the episode "Streetwise".Jim, was this location for "Streetwise" ever found? Looks like Miami Beach area but , perhaps, a fake sign.?:Dmiamijimf10-23-2009, 10:31 PMThe motel used in the episode "Streetwise".Yes Maria, good job. Scene?Matt- checked the records and as far as I know the location of the Ramrod Motel has never been found. One of many mysteries left to be solved. I would bet that it's a phony name. The neon tubes sure look like Mr. Neon's work. Might be findable, kind of looks like one of the motels or apartment complexes on Collins or Washington.Bottom line: I fear C Glide´s memory is playing tricks on him regarding a tip for the Ramrod location being in Coral Gables or Coconut Grove. If at the end of 2009 (this was the last quarter of MV.org), none of our super sleuth club could remember this location hint on the forum, then I believe there was none.[/quote']I was thinking the same thing the Ramrod Hotel was never found which SoflaJeremy must have overlooked - however the link it being the Rue could be interesting . The Ramrod still looks like Miami Beach to me .:D