Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

"Mirror Image" The house from "Mirror Image" seen where Burnett! recovers after the boat explosion seen throughout the episode has been found Im sure but cant find any link to it anywhere . Anyone know ?:D

"Mirror Image" The house from "Mirror Image" seen where Burnett! recovers after the boat explosion seen throughout the episode has been found Im sure but cant find any link to it anywhere . Anyone know ?:D

I found it last summer.Its in the World of Trouble thread in the Google Earth locations section as it was used as Librizzis house as well.Address is 9160 SW 57th Ave, South Miami

I found it last summer.Its in the World of Trouble thread in the Google Earth locations section as it was used as Librizzis house as well.Address is 9160 SW 57th Ave' date=' South Miami[/quote']Thankyou Tom - I just noticed Mirror Image didnt have a thread - I believe the teaser water and marina scenes were shot up in Lauderdale :D

Thankyou Tom - I just noticed Mirror Image didnt have a thread - I believe the teaser water and marina scenes were shot up in Lauderdale :D

That was a good find Tom. Ref. marina and water scenes:I think the marina in Mirror Image was Dinner Key. That's the only place I can think of with a marina and wooded islands in the background. At the end of Mirror Image where Burnett shoots the corrupt cop they used the Pink House in Miami Shores seen in "No Exit" but the dock was only seen/used in Mirror Image.

That was a good find Tom. Ref. marina and water scenes:I think the marina in Mirror Image was Dinner Key. That's the only place I can think of with a marina and wooded islands in the background. At the end of Mirror Image where Burnett shoots the corrupt cop they used the Pink House in Miami Shores seen in "No Exit" but the dock was only seen/used in Mirror Image.

Interesting about the marina Jim .:D

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting about the marina Jim .:D

Looks like we need a new case to get things rolling. I will come up with one shortly.

Looks like we need a new case to get things rolling. I will come up with one shortly.

Look forward to it Jeremy - what were your thoughts about the marina from the teaser of "Mirror Image" - Dinner Key ?:D

Look forward to it Jeremy - what were your thoughts about the marina from the teaser of "Mirror Image" - Dinner Key ?:D

Okay I just took a look at it. I must admit the later seasons are not as imprinted in my memory banks as the earlier episodes so I had to refresh my memory. The marina in the teaser, easey peasey. I call it Tony Rome's Marina but most people call it Crandon Park Marina on Key Biscayne. I call it Tony Rome's Marina because it was Frank Sinatra's Marina for both Tony Rome and the Lady In Cement movies. The restaurant they are at is no longer there but it was in the east corner of the marina. If you drive in from the Rickenbacker you take a left when you pull into the marina it will then be on your right in 90 yards. Burn Notice has used this marina as well.

Okay I just took a look at it. I must admit the later seasons are not as imprinted in my memory banks as the earlier episodes so I had to refresh my memory. The marina in the teaser' date=' easey peasey. I call it Tony Rome's Marina but most people call it Crandon Park Marina on Key Biscayne. I call it Tony Rome's Marina because it was Frank Sinatra's Marina for both Tony Rome and the Lady In Cement movies. The restaurant they are at is no longer there but it was in the east corner of the marina. If you drive in from the Rickenbacker you take a left when you pull into the marina it will then be on your right in 90 yards. Burn Notice has used this marina as well.[/quote']Fantastic - and as I recall the first ( and last ) time shot here at Crandon Park Marina:D

The restaurant they are at is no longer there but it was in the east corner of the marina.

So' date=' Crockett & Tubbs are approximately here ?[ATTACH=CONFIG']5526[/ATTACH]

post-3900-1389296423695_thumb.jpg

LARRY'S HOUSE: I believe I had skipped over posting cold case # 8. There is not allot to work with but I post it for two main reasons. 1 is that maybe someone has some knowledge that will help narrow down the search and this is a great place to gather that intel.# 2 is that I did some screen captures and then increased the adaptive lighting which revealed a unique looking building in the background that could be helpful.Eingefügtes BildI suspect that the whole row of houses was torn down to make way for a new development which opened up this house to being available to be blown up. Anyone have any behind the scenes photos or intel? Anything?

Ref: CC4: Rear of restaurant from HOD. appears to be on bay-- unsolved. It was suggested that the incident with Artie was filmed behind the Crab House on the 79th Street Causeway in North Bay Village. This photo from boots (or sandals) on the ground last weekend makes this theory unlikely unless the building was greatly extended. Even less space between the building and the Bay behind the restaurant next door. No one could give us the history of the building.Eingefügtes Bild

Ref: CC4: Rear of restaurant from HOD. appears to be on bay-- unsolved. It was suggested that the incident with Artie was filmed behind the Crab House on the 79th Street Causeway in North Bay Village. This photo from boots (or sandals) on the ground last weekend makes this theory unlikely unless the building was greatly extended. Even less space between the building and the Bay behind the restaurant next door. No one could give us the history of the building.Eingefügtes Bild

Thanks for checking that. At least now we can cross that off and look elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
Re: CC11; The Ramrod. I spoke with Danj a little while back and he could not remember precisely but did remember that it was on a visit to Mr. Neon in Hialeah that he learned that the Ramrod was "just down the street, near the shop". So it is worth a look around the Mr. Neon shop in Hialeah. I have started the search but nothing so far.

CC5: Regarding the exterior of the Blue Dolphin which has been reported to have been near the studio. With the historic aerials website I found a no longer existing building on Biscayne blvd. opposite the San Soici Estates just south of the studio. Approx address would have beed 11860 Biscayne Blvd. Of note is the canopy or marquis leading out to the street and general shape and position of the structure. Any ideas on tracking down a visual of this now gone building?Eingefügtes Bild

Re: CC11; The Ramrod. I spoke with Danj a little while back and he could not remember precisely but did remember that it was on a visit to Mr. Neon in Hialeah that he learned that the Ramrod was "just down the street' date=' near the shop". So it is worth a look around the Mr. Neon shop in Hialeah. I have started the search but nothing so far.[/color']

Fantastic - Hialeah wow !Great about the Blue Dolphin also :D

Heart of Darkness aired Sep. 28, 1984 which, I'm guessing was filmed during the late summer or early fall. I was looking at 1986 historic aerials and boy things had changed from the 1980 capture.Eingefügtes Bild

Also Jeremy , I was wonder if you were able to "lighten" this photo up and find any clues in the background that might be of some help.Great work as usual. :clap:Eingefügtes Bild

Re: CC11; The Ramrod. I spoke with Danj a little while back and he could not remember precisely but did remember that it was on a visit to Mr. Neon in Hialeah that he learned that the Ramrod was "just down the street' date=' near the shop". So it is worth a look around the Mr. Neon shop in Hialeah. I have started the search but nothing so far.[/color']

I was with two friends and Dan when we visited Mr. Neon's in Hialeah. It was a few years ago but I remember the conversation and Mr. Neon's comments about the Vice site being just down the street. Can't remember the episode or site discussed but it must have been the Ramrod. I also remember Dan saying "that's the place" or something like that after we left Mr. Neon's (on 21st) and were driving south on Palm Ave in Hialeah. I think he was looking to the right as we were driving S on Palm. I've searched up and down Palm Ave but don't see anything similar unless major reconstruction has taken place. We could ask Mr. Neon but he never responded to an email I sent him a while ago. This Old Miami Aerial view from 1986 shows what could be a possible match on Palm at about the right location. The building there today is totally different but looks newish. What do you think?Eingefügtes Bild

Great info. Jim ! I was looking at this area this morning using Google's archived photos and it seems this building was still there up until 1994 or at least to 1997 sometime. The new building standing there now was constructed sometime during 2005. Below is a few screen caps I was able to grab.1994Eingefügtes Bild1997Eingefügtes Bild2005 new apartment building under construction.Sadly, there is no street view available for the older photos.Eingefügtes Bild

1997'<ahttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/RamJet/Miami%20Vice/PalmAve1997.png' alt='Eingefügtes Bild' class='bbc_img' />2005 new apartment building under construction.Sadly" data-date=" there is no street view available for the older photos.[IMG">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/RamJet/Miami%20Vice/PalmAve2005.png

I found the address of the apartment block & it is 932 Palm Avenue, Hialeah. When I searched this address it brought up the block which they said was built in 2006 but the site called it Airline Hotel. I wonder if this was the original name of the motel used by Vice? I'm at lunch so haven't got much more time to search online. Hope this helps a bit more?