Calling all Detectives: Group effort

C Glide

CC9-APhoto CC9-A1:Eingefügtes BildThe drive is a tight circle at the end and appears to be brick or brick colored.A quick look did not develop much that would help narrow the search much but I will study it more soon.

CC9-A: I also noticed that the party house has a fireplace. Very rare in Miami even in high end homes. May help confirm the house from above when combined with the driveway.

Great work Mr C.Glide, I was about to post those very same pictures as I just rewatched this episode. It would also seem we were thinking along the lines of the same thing, the party house is 1 location and Traynor's apartment is another. In regards to the railing, I noticed all the tubing is notch welded to each post (CC9-B4) and not like in photo CC9-B1, we'll have to keep this clue in mind during our investigation.Again I agree with you, the apartment building has been in another episode of Vice, just not sure which one. The color scheme of the columns/pillars in the entry (Royal blue and Dark Mauve) for some reason stick out to me.

CC9-A: I also noticed that the party house has a fireplace. Very rare in Miami even in high end homes. May help confirm the house from above when combined with the driveway.

Great work :D

Great work Mr C.Glide' date=' I was about to post those very same pictures as I just rewatched this episode. It would also seem we were thinking along the lines of the same thing, the party house is 1 location and Traynor's apartment is another. In regards to the railing, I noticed all the tubing is notch welded to each post (CC9-B4) and not like in photo CC9-B1, we'll have to keep this clue in mind during our investigation.Again I agree with you, the apartment building has been in another episode of Vice, just not sure which one. The color scheme of the columns/pillars in the entry (Royal blue and Dark Mauve) for some reason stick out to me.[/quote']Great minds think alike, and so do ours:)

I believe I have found the Traynor Condo. Looking at both Google maps and Bing maps from several different angles ( based on the islands from the photo CC9-B3) I came up with a place called The Palace on 1541 Brickell Avenue. The Railing seems to match, The sliding glass door in Traynor's bedroom also matches, the little lower windows match and the building facade does as well. Below are a few screen caps. If someone could double check this info we may have some of this case solved! :radar::clap:Link to pictures and more info. http://www.kafka-franz.com/the-palace-brickell.htmEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Now I am kicking myself because it was in the right spot but I took a quick look at the side and thought not even close, not realizing the side facing the bay would have balconies. I just started to look at it on different website and so far the railings are definitely correct. My guess is they were on the 9th floor but the elevator numbers are hard to read. I will continue to look to verify 100% but I think you found it.

Unchanged!Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Great find so this is where the car pulled up at the end :DOf course they filmed the aerials of the ferrari on Brickell here for "Yankee Dollar" also in the following season:D

SoflaJeremy - with all the updates in new locations lately lost confirmed will you be updating your comprehensive resource of Season 1 - 2 locations on your site ?:D

From the interior shots at the party, Tubbs sees Valerie's sister by the upstairs balcony so we also know we are looking for a two-storied house. Outside, there are also about 5 or 6 steps up to the front door with three very tall palm trees to the lefthandside of them. These can be seen in the screencap with C&T walking up the steps.

SoflaJeremy - with all the updates in new locations lately lost confirmed will you be updating your comprehensive resource of Season 1 - 2 locations on your site ?:D

Yes' date=' I am always updating. It is a battle within myself how much time toward new work/unpublished episodes and how much work to do on updates as new information is found for already published episodes. I try to find a balance when working on a new episode between taking my time to be detailed and thorough and not taking too much time say, locating one spot that could be used to publish many others. I guess I spend about 60% of the time on new episodes/movies and 40% on working on updating already published pages and staying organized. I keep a number of logs as I go along of certain things that interest me about the show that I will incorporate into the site at a later date. Also things like a master list of all locations used by the episodes and movies so I have a master list of all filming locations in South Florida which also reminds me when different episodes or movies film in the same spot. I usually recognize the re-use of a location but it is a good resource to look back at. I also keep logs of places and photos I need to go get. Updates on already published episodes will be on going on a constant basis. There is lots of work involved but it is a ton of fun and keeps me out of trouble. It is amazing how much Miami Vice has taught me.[/color']

From the interior shots at the party' date=' Tubbs sees Valerie's sister by the upstairs balcony so we also know we are looking for a two-storied house. Outside, there are also about 5 or 6 steps up to the front door with three very tall palm trees to the lefthandside of them. These can be seen in the screencap with C&T walking up the steps.[/quote']The whole front yard is heavily and deeply covered with vegetation. So much that you cannot see out to the street even when making the picture light..

Sorry to switch gears to the Golden Triangle but.....I believe I might have found May Ying's house. Google Maps points to 274 Harbor Drive on Key Biscayne. Bing uses 272 Harbor Drive Key Biscayne. (close enough) It may have gone through a remodel when they re-shingled the roof with white tile but there are some similarities and the horseshoe drive seems to be the same as well, just slightly narrower most likely because the grass has creeped in.. The raised center roof section is gone and the left side of the house has been extended but for the most part it seems to be it !??Eingefügtes BildBing MapEingefügtes BildGoogle MapEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildNew Shingles being appliedEingefügtes Bild

might have found May Ying's house. Google Maps points to 274 Harbor Drive on Key Biscayne. Bing uses 272 Harbor Drive Key Biscayne. (close enough) It may have gone through a remodel when they re-shingled the roof with white tile but there are some similarities and the horseshoe drive seems to be the same as well" data-date=" just slightly narrower most likely because the grass has creeped in.. The raised center roof section is gone and the left side of the house has been extended but for the most part it seems to be it[IMG">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/RamJet/Miami%20Vice/GoldenTrianglePt2c.png

it's a good pick regarding driveway Shape and neighborhood, but unfortunately the roofline and the houses vis a vis are completely different. When Castillo approaches, behind him is a white one story house with a flat roof whereas here there is a 2story house with a non-flat roof. Also the roofline of the house in question does not match. In the ep a part of the roof is longing forward in the middle of the horseshoe driveway, whereas here this part is much shorter and positioned more to the right of the horseshoe. Also the middle part of the rrof is totally different. Of course, all of this incl the vis a vis house coul have been remodelled since, but realistically likelyhood is low.

Yes' date=' it is a nice try but unfortunately I would have to say no chance of this being the house.[/color']

After stumbling across a website this morning I was able to gather more info about the house/location I posted yesterday. The house was built in 1956 and renovated in 1979, (and carries a 6 million dollar price tag) long before the Vice crew showed up to help May Ying. So, you are right, there is no way this could have been THE house. :cry:So close but yet, so far awaaaaaaay... :)The hunt continues. :radar:

THE house. :cry:So close but yet, so far awaaaaaaay... :)The hunt continues. :radar:

I spent about 2 hours last night "flying around" with the aid of google earth. I flew over the mainland and the beach from the Miami River north to 135th Street. Most of this area is not what I considered prime territory but I tried anyhow because I have failed where I thought it was so why not look elsewhere. There were some good spots like just north of the Julia Tuttle on the mainland but still I could not find it. I am again looking at the location differently. I see it as possibly not being on the open water but as I first thought years ago, on a canal. The sailboat in the background does not belong to their house but could be docked at another unseen house on the other side of the canal. Not moored or tied to an extended dock that cannot be seen. Maybe tomorrrow I will fly around South Miami.

I spent about 2 hours last night "flying around" with the aid of google earth. I flew over the mainland and the beach from the Miami River north to 135th Street. Most of this area is not what I considered prime territory but I tried anyhow because I have failed where I thought it was so why not look elsewhere. There were some good spots like just north of the Julia Tuttle on the mainland but still I could not find it. I am again looking at the location differently. I see it as possibly not being on the open water but as I first thought years ago' date=' on a canal. The sailboat in the background does not belong to their house but could be docked at another unseen house on the other side of the canal. Not moored or tied to an extended dock that cannot be seen. Maybe tomorrrow I will fly around South Miami.[/color']

Interesting:D

CC10:I was just taking a look at The Great McCarthy and I discovered something which leads me to introduce cold case 10. I think this one should be relatively less hard to solve for a cold case compared to some of the other seemingly impossible cases we have solved. I say this because of the "limiting factors" that I see. The location is fairly limited as to where it could be. I am talking about Vanessa's house as we see it at the end of the episode. I took a couple of screen captures and increased the adaptive lighting shedding light into the shadows. Several things appeared that make it findable, possibly readily findable.Photo 10-A:Eingefügtes BildPhoto 10-B:Eingefügtes Bild1) There appears to be a sizeable private boat in the background.2) The driveway goes up a man made incline toward the home.3) There is a narrow residential street that the driveway comes off of and behind it is water. It appears the road travels immediately along the waters edge.4) There is land or possibly a causeway in the background right.5) The driveway is not a cheapy but a nice and unique red colored drive.6) The drive has a unique shape as it comes off the street and then appears to exist both to the right and left.Photo 10-C:Eingefügtes Bild7) It appears that the front doors should be readily visible from the street and they are unique.There are limited occasions where the road runs along the water so it should be findable. I am going to fire up my google earth plane now and start looking. Study the pictures and let me know what you see and think.

Photo 10-B blown up.Eingefügtes Bild1) I can clearly see a Causeway and supporting concrete columns in the background. 2) Is it a boat or a building?3) "U" shaped driveway?

I thought it looked like a house boat but I could definitely be wrong on that. Could be a smaller house.The drive comes off the road at an obtuse angle and then cuts to the left at an acute angle suggesting to me an irregular shaped lot with the house not sitting parallel to the boundaries but angled.

On CC10, I've been looking around for Vanessa's driveway. I've had a look on Key Biscayne & my hopefuls weren't built in 1994 when Google Earth's history shots begin in this area. As it's been mentioned that the roadway tiles look expensive, I've had a look at Coral Gables, checking where roads are between a house and water: 540 Leucadendra Drive looks quite good however there isn't roadside view to see close up what the driveway paving is like nor the front door. There is an unobstructed view of the water opposite. On checking the online registers, this house was built in 1969 & even in the 1994 GE view the horseshoe shaped drive was there. I'm not sure if anyone knows how we can get a closer look (and for any others I might find where streetview isn't available)? [ATTACH=CONFIG]5324[/ATTACH]

post-178-13892964137055_thumb.jpg