Location Trivia Level Two

C Glide

• Administrators

Is it at Charlie Glide's home in "Yankee Dollar"?  Tubbs jumps off of Sonny's boat just before he pulls up at Glide's home.

no and no  

That question was really Level 3.  EvilSmile.gif  The only way you would know it is if you had studied the scene very closely to figure out the location.  I thought maybe C Glide would know it.

I'll make the question much more reasonable with another pic.  The Vice action is in the foreground (this side of the water).   The house on the left is seen in the background at one point in the scene, but not this clearly.

DSCN1722.jpg

Edited by airtommy

Is it french twist when Tubbs goes to the hit man's hotel/apartment and Sonny is on the phone?

Wow, well done!

vlcsnap_2015_02_14_19h13m28s178.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

The teaser of Theresa - Crockett, Tubbs and Switek are doing surveillance outside Wyatt's house.

You got it Crock and fast too.  It is 17 N. Hibiscus Dr., Hibiscus Island

You guys are unbelievable!   :cool:

On a side note...how many times do you (meaning all you good guessers) think on average, you've watched most episodes?  I'm wondering what it takes to become such a super sleuth.   :)

Good question Susanna.  There are a number of sleuths but I would only put a few in the super category.  Those handful of guys are huge Vice fans, are willing to devote the time and effort necessary, are computer literate and make the most of Google Earth and the Old Miami Aerial Views site, have patience, enjoy solving challenging problems, are friends with other sleuths, are good record keepers, and share info unselfishly.  Overall these guys just seem to have a knack for it.  I have been playing around with it for years but still am not in the "super" category.

A real advantage for some guys is: having access to some Vice staff documents, have lived in Miami, have working knowledge of the area, have visited Miami several times and taken photos, or have a personal connection with the area (in my case I am nostalgic about how my hometown used to be.)  These advantages are not necessary but sure help.

You too can be a sleuth Susanna.  I'm sure you share some of the super sleuth's characteristics. There is nothing like being the first one to find a filming site, an experience I have only had a few times.  If you look at C Glide's site, he has not gotten around to finding all the filming locations in the series five episodes.  Take a shot.   

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

Nice to see you back airtommy - the Freefall marina was quite a find - I took some shots at this marina at the end of West Avenue / Purdy Ave in 2014 as it gives some good shots of the opening credits of "Heart of Darkness " . Great work

Good question Susanna.  There are a number of sleuths but I would only put a few in the super category.  Those handful of guys are huge Vice fans, are willing to devote the time and effort necessary, are computer literate and make the most of Google Earth and the Old Miami Aerial Views site, have patience, enjoy solving challenging problems, are friends with other sleuths, are good record keepers, and share info unselfishly.  Overall these guys just seem to have a knack for it.  I have been playing around with it for years but still am not in the "super" category.

A real advantage for some guys is: having access to some Vice staff documents, have lived in Miami, have working knowledge of the area, have visited Miami several times and taken photos, or have a personal connection with the area (in my case I am nostalgic about how my hometown used to be.)  These advantages are not necessary but sure help.

You too can be a sleuth Susanna.  I'm sure you share some of the super sleuth's characteristics. There is nothing like being the first one to find a filming site, an experience I have only had a few times.  If you look at C Glide's site, he has not gotten around to finding all the filming locations in the series five episodes.  Take a shot.   

This certainly puts the sleuthing abilities in a new light for me.  I love the show tremendously but I've never really done more than watch the show or look up a few filming sites on Google Earth, although I do very much enjoy looking for clues and things like that.   I'll keep trying to learn cause I really do love the location threads, and I do appreciate some of the super sleuths giving us mere mortals a chance.   :p  :)

Thanks Jim!