'KITTY KATS'

juscat

What a heart touching story Juscat:done: I'm so glad she is doing good now.:balloon::tasse_prost: Cool picture with 'Mousey'.:funky:
Oh' date=' it's good to see Torti well again :happy:[/quote']
Torti's a survivor.After all' date=' cats have nine lives.I hope the best for Torti the cat.Always sad to see animals go through stuff like that' date=' but they live through it.[/quote'']
I am so glad Torti is cancer free.So sorry she had to go through that but she is a real survivor.All the best to Torti and to her wonderful mom:happy:
@juscat:You know it already but I can't say it often enough!!I am so :happy: that Torti is now cancer free and has found her NEW life so very well!!!!You have done all what was possible to help her! YOU BOTH ARE A WONDERFUL TEAM!Give Mrs. Moneybag a BUSSI by me !!!!She is a great brave cat !!
:shout: THANK YOU ALL' date=' for your lovely' date=' kind words. :happy::happy:Torti sends a 'miaow' of THANKS, too! [/size'']:p:thumbsup:

@JSCrockett:THANK YOU SO MUCH for showing the wonderful pics of Borre!!! (so sorry my keyboard (or I :rolleyes:;)) isn't able to write this amazing name in the correct spelling)...and I know exactly what you mean with the ongoing walk to YOUR heat - my dog choose night by night the same way and has NOT accepted the possibility with her OWN place/room to sleep :sleep: ! :D:)

Thanks a lot bluepearl for your kind words. Not many countries have Ø, no worries. We had Børre in our room last night and he woke me up around 2am because he was hungry. So I followed him to his own room, gave him food and shut the door. :)

Thanks a lot bluepearl for your kind words. Not many countries have Ø, no worries. We had Børre in our room last night and he woke me up around 2am because he was hungry. So I followed him to his own room, gave him food and shut the door. :)

LOL! :)My cat Torti, is just like this and moans :( at the odd early hours, for meals! Mum 'aint a happy camper, when this happens! :evil:Putting a pillow over my head to drown her miaows out, works.........sometimes. ;)

We had Børre in our room last night and he woke me up around 2am because he was hungry. So I followed him to his own room' date=' gave him food and shut the door. :)[/quote']:):D:) I think....,Borre has found the BEST MASTER, he could get!!;)OMG! Our animals are all so similar - just that will be the real reason why we are so obsessed and in love to them.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_5tpLjUcrE&feature=related

ENJOY !!!!!!!!!
Thanks' date=' bluepearl. :thumbsup::shout: [b']This clip was a hoot!!! What a quirky, funny cat, Maru is! :):)My favourite moments: - Maru skidding across the floor head first into the boxes, with his legs splayed. :D- Wandering around with bubble wrap over his head! :rolleyes:I like the music too. :radio:

Questionable if you ask me...:birdie::confused: I don't like it personally, but some Dutch artist thought about giving his pet a second life after he died and turned him into a helicopter. What do you think?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HnwhGgsgXc

Here's an older picture of Siiri the cat about 4 years ago.Propably the first ones when we got her.I called her the "VICE cat", cause she liked the MV board game box. :D[ATTACH=CONFIG]6162[/ATTACH]

post-10428-13892964552896_thumb.jpg

What do you think?

Thanks for posting that, Philippe!It is not all and always cute - nice - funny - adorable - sweet ......I do really like this thread is getting finally a place for a real discussion.TO ME (!)This is an absolutely and definitely NO GO !!!!!!!!!! No, I am not a wimp who can not bear this to see.This is an insult for the cat. If this cat has given her whole life his owner in joy and love ... I can only shake my head about that! BTW...This guy is so crazy...No, I don't think it was his own cat!Who would do THAT??? :eek:This guy is so damn stupid - he has even his fun to shock the cows....HEADSHAKING !!!Absolutely under the line!!!Sorry, I am always very strictly in such things. I have a customer who has firstly buried her dog and at the next day...she has excavated it again and then stuffed this dog. :birdie:Now this 'dead animal' is sitting on her shelf forever and is looking over the dinner table ..... No more words needed! :rolleyes:STRANGE !

Questionable if you ask me...:birdie::confused: I don't like it personally' date=' but some Dutch artist thought about giving his pet a second life after he died and turned him into a helicopter. What do you think?

Questionable........yes.I have mixed emotions about this video. :rolleyes:
Now this 'dead animal' is sitting on her shelf forever and is looking over the dinner table ..... No more words needed! :rolleyes:STRANGE !
I agree' date=' it was certainly strange. :eek: It was distasteful for me, in the sense that the cat was used for 'novelty', in a visual arts project. Taxidermy is not to my taste, but I have no issue with it, myself.
BTW...This guy is so crazy...No' date=' I don't think it was his own cat![/quote']Indeed, the cat belonged to this guy, who is 'Bart Jansen, a Dutch artist, as Philippe mentioned. His owner DID love him....:happy:unfortunately,he was hit by a car and passed away. :cry:
Who would do THAT??? :eek:This guy is so damn stupid - he has even his fun to shock the cows....HEADSHAKING !!!Absolutely under the line!!!Sorry' date=' I am always very strictly in such things. I have a customer who has firstly buried her dog and at the next day...she has excavated it again and then stuffed this dog. :birdie:[/quote']How grief is expressed, is individual for each person and will vary in how it is expressed, from one culture to the next. It's not a matter of a 'right' or 'wrong' way to deal with death........what is strange for some, is completely normal for others. Besides taxidermy, mummification by the ancient Egyptians is another example of how a culture preserves it's dead ones.......ironically, the cat was worshipped by the Egyptians and was given it's own 'funeral' of sorts, and mummification in its honour.As I said, I agree it's strange, but who are we to judge this man's love of his cat?I think what is important here, is that at least no cruelty was inflicted on the cat and the visual arts project, was this man's way of paying hommage to his cat. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting that' date=' Philippe!It is not all and always cute - nice - funny - adorable - sweet ......I do really like this thread is getting finally a place for a real discussion.TO ME (!)This is an absolutely and definitely NO GO !!!!!!!!!! No, I am not a wimp who can not bear this to see.This is an insult for the cat. If this cat has given her whole life his owner in joy and love ... I can only shake my head about that! BTW...This guy is so crazy...No, I don't think it was his own cat!Who would do THAT??? :eek:This guy is so damn stupid - he has even his fun to shock the cows....HEADSHAKING !!!Absolutely under the line!!!Sorry, I am always very strictly in such things. I have a customer who has firstly buried her dog and at the next day...she has excavated it again and then stuffed this dog. :birdie:Now this 'dead animal' is sitting on her shelf forever and is looking over the dinner table ..... No more words needed! :rolleyes:STRANGE !
Thank you Sweetheart for your opinion, indeed a bit of discussion can never hurt anyone and if indeed this is labeled as "art" a little debate and expressing personal thoughts or feelings is more than welcome. :thumbsup:I'm not a fan of stuffing dead things myself, it reminds me to much about hunting trophies from yesteryear safaris and colonialism. Also I dare not think what it will become if this suddenly becomes a hype and everybody would start customizing dead pets into flying or other mobile objects...:birdie:
Questionable........yes.I have mixed emotions about this video. :rolleyes:I agree' date=' it was certainly strange. :eek: It was distasteful for me, in the sense that the cat was used for 'novelty', in a visual arts project. Taxidermy is not to my taste, but I have no issue with it, myself. Indeed, the cat belonged to this guy, who is 'Bart Jansen, a Dutch artist, as Philippe mentioned. His owner DID love him....:happy:unfortunately,he was hit by a car and passed away. :cry:How grief is expressed, is individual for each person and will vary in how it is expressed, from one culture to the next. It's not a matter of a 'right' or 'wrong' way to deal with death........what is strange for some, is completely normal for others. Besides taxidermy, mummification by the ancient Egyptians is another example of how a culture preserves it's dead ones.......ironically, the cat was worshipped by the Egyptians and was given it's own 'funeral' of sorts, and mummification in its honour.As I said, I agree it's strange, but who are we to judge this man's love of his cat?I think what is important here, is that at least no cruelty was inflicted on the cat and the visual arts project, was this man's way of paying hommage to his cat. :thumbsup:[/quote']Thank you Juscat for your take in this discussion.:thumbsup: Indeed I agree that it's not about 'right or wrong'. I like your reference to Egypt and their mummification techniques, although I'm not sure but it looks like a possible origin to taxidermy. Indeed we are not here to judge this Dutch artist love of his cat, but like I said previously if "art" is the denomination for this then a debate is more than appropriate.

A general question I would ask is: if this is acceptable for animals' date=' then what about humans? Someone replied jokingly on this youtube video that he would do the same with his dead grandmother. No doubt this was meant sarcastically but still what do you think?[/quote']It seems always implausible, but I am not cheating now...Exactly THAT I have also thought while writing my previous post. I have decided: NO! Don't take this *human* part also into - that is getting too much!But now we are in!I am making no difference between a human or animal. Both specifies have a soul and a mindand use this together over their whole life.I will address these creatures respect and dignity. Always! They are the same as mine.Don't get me wrong ...if my little niece would fall into a river and at the same moment my dog next to her...I will always rescue my nice.But this is not the discussion.A creature with soul and mind deserves the same dignity as myself.I think so!There is no difference between animal or human.

It seems always implausible' date=' but I am not cheating now...Exactly THAT I have also thought while writing my previous post. I have decided: NO! Don't take this *human* part also into - that is getting too much!But now we are in!I am making no difference between a human or animal. Both specifies have a soul and a mindand use this together over their whole life.I will address these creatures respect and dignity. Always! They are the same as mine.Don't get me wrong ...if my little niece would fall into a river and at the same moment my dog next to her...I will always rescue my nice.But this is not the discussion.A creature with soul and mind deserves the same dignity as myself.I think so!There is no difference between animal or human.[/quote']You beat me to it Sweetheart, actually I did modify my post and delete the part about the humans because I thought it would be maybe a bridge to far, but like you said, now that we are in...:)Indeed I agree with you about making no real difference about animals and human, in that they both deserve dignity. I just think that one thing may lead to the other, and so we must be careful when accepting things. But then again we are walking moral grounds that are complicated, it's a tough challenge for law makers I'll guess.

6145[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6146[/ATTACH]

Tiger the contortionist! :)It's funny the different 'possies'' date=' that cats can get into. :)

Here's an older picture of Siiri the cat about 4 years ago.Propably the first ones when we got her.I called her the "VICE cat", cause she liked the MV board game box. :D[ATTACH=CONFIG]6162[/ATTACH]

What a little dear. :happy:'Vice cat' reminds me of my username on another forum, where I am known as 'Vice Kitty' !:p

Had to Post TheseMy wife came home from work, recently, and apparently this is where one of the cats likes to sleep while no one is home. Maybe he use to be a tap dancer.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6189[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6190[/ATTACH]When he is not sleeping, he is in his office working.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6191[/ATTACH]

post-1029-13892964561959_thumb.jpg

post-1029-1389296456222_thumb.jpg

post-1029-1389296456247_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6189[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6190[/ATTACH]When he is not sleeping, he is in his office working.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6191[/ATTACH]

HA HA! ......a 'tap dancer'! :D:D:shout: These are great pictures, aussiefan! As the saying goes:'everything but the kitchen sink!'..........or in your cat's case: 'everything and the kitchen sink!' ;)Thanks for sharing, matey! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

All he needs now is a beer[ATTACH=CONFIG]6328[/ATTACH]

With a beer in hand, he will surely give member timm525's beer boozin' cat, a run for its money! :)

What a great cat! It's amazing :)

Thanks. He is freaky:birdie:. He will sit like that for 10 minutes or more. Sometimes he even starts to fall asleep like that.Ill show a picture one day of a cat I had years ago. He had a bad life by by time I got him. But long story short he would eat potato chips. One night I had had to much JD and was sitting watching TV(very drunk) and started to eat some chips. Well the cat jumped up onto the coffee table and looked and meowed at me, so I put one on the table and he ate it. So I put a few more down and he ate them. Well me and the cat, crunching on chips, woke my wife who was asleep on the lounge. She asked what the hell are you doing, then said something about us being freaks and went to bed, leaving me and me mate eating chips. And she still tells people today how she woke to me and the cat eating chips. I say it was just a couple of blokes hanging out watching TV.:)