What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

16 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

By any chance have you seen the movie Dadrian?

Just recently! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Just recently! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Its a lot like the show isn't it and it featured quite a few MV guest stars.

John Pankow - "The Glades"

Dean Stockwell - "Bushido"

John Turturro - "Rites of Passage"

Debra Feuer - "Sonny's Arc"

Gary Cole - "Trust Fund Pirates"

Edited by RedDragon86

10 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Debra Feuer - "Sonny's Arc"

:fireworks:

Yes it’s really great. I highly recommend to anyone here. 

• Like 2

I'll add my love for To Live and Die in L.A. Awesome film. I especially like how the first half is a fairly routine cops vs. crooks movie, but then around the halfway point it starts spiralling out of control.

As for the Vice similarities, didn't Michael Mann try to sue the producers for ripping off the show?

• Like 2

I heard this song on "The Last Watch", a documentary about the making of the last season of Game of Thrones. The words are really powerful and the song is haunting. Parts of it I could see in a dark, dark scene of Miami Vice. Maybe a scene where Crockett is facing death or questioning why he has been giving "permission" to kill other men. Like I said, it's dark, but I just thought I'd post it and see if anyone thinks I'm crazy....or, maybe inspired. :)

The same Leon Cohen that appeared in French Twist, Season 2. 

c9bc469274324cb691b4ff8f689dddcd.jpg

Edited by mjcmmv
Adding a picture
  • Like 3

I did a quick search and didn't see this posted before, but if it was, my apologies. Thought it was worth a second go, anyway! 

• Like 2

On 5/27/2019 at 5:49 PM, Leigh Burne said:

I'll add my love for To Live and Die in L.A. Awesome film. I especially like how the first half is a fairly routine cops vs. crooks movie, but then around the halfway point it starts spiralling out of control.

As for the Vice similarities, didn't Michael Mann try to sue the producers for ripping off the show?

Petersen's character is totally out of control and I love it. Has one the greatest car chases of all time. 

And Michael did sue but lost, accusing Friedkin of stealing the entire concept of Miami Vice.

2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

Petersen's character is totally out of control and I love it. Has one the greatest car chases of all time. 

And Michael did sue but lost, accusing Friedkin of stealing the entire concept of Miami Vice.

Not sure how he got that from it. They're FBI agents, not undercover vice cops, and they don't have any fancy clothes or cars. Just a guy hellbent on avenging his partner and his new partner.

• Like 1