What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

Russ Ballard’s “Fire Still Burns” (1985) could have made it into a Miami Vice episode easily just like “Voices”, “In the Night” and “The Time is Gonna Come” @Dadrian

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

Absolutely, @Matt5! Great post. Russ must have somehow alluded the circles of super-stardom in music. I think his stuff sounds way better than some of the more celebrated bands of that era. 

12 hours ago, Dadrian said:

Absolutely, @Matt5! Great post. Russ must have somehow alluded the circles of super-stardom in music. I think his stuff sounds way better than some of the more celebrated bands of that era. 

Indeed friend - the song I mentioned you is very good.

Shriekback - "This Big Hush" - from the "Manhunter" soundtrack - the music sounds SOOOOOO Jan Hammer-ish.  I know nothing about music, but were they using the same synth?

• Like 3

• Administrators

As you all probably know by now, like Crockett - I am also a huge Buddy Holly fan. Today marks 60 years since the plane crash which killed Buddy, along with Ritchie Valens, and The Big Bopper. I usually commemorate by listening to their music, along with the movies The Buddy Holly Story followed by La Bamba. A cool thing is as I start watching Miami Vice on the 1st of December, usually the last episode I watch before taking a 2 day break to watch those movies instead is "Red Tape", starring Lou Diamond Philips, who also stars in La Bamba. :) 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, James said:

As you all probably know by now, like Crockett - I am also a huge Buddy Holly fan. Today marks 60 years since the plane crash which killed Buddy, along with Ritchie Valens, and The Big Bopper. I usually commemorate by listening to their music, along with the movies The Buddy Holly Story followed by La Bamba. A cool thing is as I start watching Miami Vice on the 1st of December, usually the last episode I watch before taking a 2 day break to watch those movies instead is "Red Tape", starring Lou Diamond Philips, who also stars in La Bamba. :) 

Wow 60 years. Those are great songs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Australian band 1984. There's a 12" mix on Spotify that's even better but same version isn't on Youtube.

The car in the opening shot looks like a Lotus Esprit. :happy:

• Like 1

A tune that is full of dance energy.  Brings back such good memories of the night clubs I danced in during the 80s. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bren10 said:

Because music never gets old. :radio: Just ask Dadrian.

You're right about that. I listen to his Jan Hammer covers quite often, they're very close to the originals. "The Diet Coke of Jan Hammer" :D

• Thanks 1