What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

This track is actually 40 freakin' years old this year.

Blows your mind.

With some minor alterations, you could probably play this in a dance club today and the kids would never know... :p they'd probably think they're dancing to some kind of minimal techno...

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

There's some good music missing from Spotify although I notice the main culprit is they seem tied to film soundtracks. For instance you can only find live and re-recorded versions of Tangerine Dream's Love on a Real Train on Spotify (at least in the U.S.) as the original is on the Risky Business soundtrack which is unavailable. I was also disappointed recently to find Art of Noise's music for the 1987 Dragnet film is also not on Spotify.

My first song by Xander and one of my favorites. His official video is fairly creepy but effective for the John Carpenter inspired music he makes.

• Like 1

speaking of film soundtracks, I haven't seen Passenger 57 since it came out... not a film I've had any interest in watching again. So I've been exploring and listening to a few Stanley Clarke tracks from 1984 album Time Exposure this afternoon and by chance clicked on this. Wow! I might download the movie right now to see how it fits within the film. I'd never heard of him as a film composer before.

• Like 2

Burger King has been running a commercial with this catchy disco classic and it got stuck in my head.  Did you know that KC & The Sunshine Band are from the Miami suburb Hialeah?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, airtommy said:

Burger King has been running a commercial with this catchy disco classic and it got stuck in my head.  Did you know that KC & The Sunshine Band are from the Miami suburb Hialeah?

Absolutely.  They and the Miami Sound Machine were popular in the 70s.  I was in Hialeah for about 6 months in 78.  Disco Rules.  Here is one of my favorites:  

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, miamijimf said:

Absolutely.  They and the Miami Sound Machine were popular in the 70s.  I was in Hialeah for about 6 months in 78.  Disco Rules.  Here is one of my favorites:  

Oh, you mean that song from the Bud Light commercial!  :)

• Like 1

Listening to the new Steve Perry single, “No Erasin’.”  From his soon to be released album, “Traces.”

Pretty good tune and he’s still great voice for a 69 year old rock singer.  (Always loved his voice.)

Song’s about reconnecting with the past.  

Like it.

On 8/9/2018 at 2:42 AM, Marc said:

Tubbs would've been dancing to this in '83.

0:39 mama is sexy

On 8/11/2018 at 3:10 AM, Vincent Hanna said:

Found this gem on Spotify.:hippie:

cool find

On 8/7/2018 at 7:41 PM, Dadrian said:

Thanks for sharing Matt! I never heard this. It seems to be heavily influenced by Robert Palmer’s “Addicted to Love”. 

My pleasure man - first I heard of this song was during a recent interview in July for “Seasons pt.1” with JH. 

It really has that “Good Collar” score also!:)

On 8/19/2018 at 3:34 AM, James said:

Little Prince?

Yes James, the “Little Prince” episode during the warehouse scene - aired December 14, 1984.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1