What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

"Life in Tokyo" by Japan

Edited by agent 47
NOTE: For some reason either Ublock origin or Privacy Badger were preventing me from imbedding videos.

There was no escaping this song here in Europe in the summer of 1985. Not here in Germany, not in Italy on the beach, where we spent two weeks that summer. Not even passing through Switzerland on the way there. :)

Italo Disco's finest moment? Who knows. But certainly one of the genre's songs that made the most money :p

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

Love Baltimora, the Living in the Background album that song is from is a very solid album overall too especially Chinese Restaurant.

Also, my current song is "Dragnet" by Art of Noise.

Edited by agent 47
NOTE: For some reason either Ublock origin or Privacy Badger were preventing me from imbedding videos.

I was a big fan of Alphaville as a ten and eleven year old. Like many vinyl records back then, I bought the album "Forever Young" that this song was on the day it came out in autumn of 1984  :)

"Forever Young" just might be the best German synthpop albums of the whole early 80s. Very well made songs that sound "of their time" in the best kind of way, by a band that was audibly enjoying itself.

Highly recommended :thumbsup:

"Ritual" by Alex & Tokyo Rose

Edited by agent 47

Only in the 80s could you get away with wearing a shoulder padded leather jacket and a red jockstrap...  :)

Edited by Daytona74

Didn't know the Beatles did anything this heavy and bluesy.:cool: Cool stuff. Heard the opening riff and thought it was Black Sabbath.

• Like 1

One of my all-time favorite summer related songs. And also one of my favorite songs ever, period.

Just an incredibly well made song... :thumbsup:

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

One of my all-time favorite summer related songs. And also one of my favorite songs ever, period.

Just an incredibly well made song... :thumbsup:

1999, what a glorious year. I have such nostalgia for the late 90s, my early childhood years. :) I love this song too.

"Fire in the Rain" by Agent Orange

Edited by agent 47

vor 9 Stunden schrieb James:

1999, what a glorious year. I have such nostalgia for the late 90s, my early childhood years. :)

Thanks... now I feel old... I was getting ready to leave university around that time... :p

Two more good songs by Texas:

A track celebrating the unity of Latin culture across borders... Miami is mentioned in the lyrics as well ;)

Gente de Zona have been one of the hottest tickets in Latin pop music in the last two or three years.

Edited by Daytona74

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Daytona74 said:

A track celebrating the unity of Latin culture across borders... Miami is mentioned in the lyrics as well ;)

Gente de Zona have been one of the hottest tickets in Latin pop music in the last two or three years.

I don't like how they're standing on top of that classic. 

vor 9 Stunden schrieb James:

I don't like how they're standing on top of that classic. 

Those cars in Havana where the video was shot have been through much worse... :p

I went to Cuba once and saw many of them up close... oftentimes, only the outer shell is still the original. Due to the embargo, spare parts for American cars have always been difficult to source, but that didn't stop inventive Cubans from keeping the cars running using anything they could come by. So your '57 Buick might actually have a Russian Lada engine under the hood or a diesel truck engine, maybe even a boat engine. Other than that though, they are often in remarkable condition on the outside, despite the damp tropical climate.

Edited by Daytona74

43 minutes ago, Daytona74 said:

Just so groovy... :hippie:

If this song doesn't give you a boost, few things will... ;)

I usually perform this song at my gigs. :thumbsup: