What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

Andrew Weatherall was the producer of that track, he did some really amazing work and seen him DJ  a few times.

This album is maybe his biggest accomplishment from 1990. vocals that you'll recognise come in about 4:40

2 minutes ago, Leigh Burne said:

8ae9731a3c854e838b6c1351f19fd8fc42dded24

Has there ever been a greater Miami Vice homage than this game?

No, I don't think so. :cool: I've loved this soundtrack for years and still do. I have the Vice City soundtrack on CD! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Retro80sfan said:

No, I don't think so. :cool: I've loved this soundtrack for years and still do. I have the Vice City soundtrack on CD! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I've had most of the CDs since back when the game came out. Been tempted to pick up the few that I'm missing lately, just for completeness.

The one I'm really desperate for is the separate Greatest Hits compilation disc they did, because that has the game's theme song on it (definitely inspired by Hammer!) but it's literally impossible to get.

Edited by Leigh Burne

4 hours ago, Retro80sfan said:

Great homage !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leigh Burne said:

Yeah, I've had most of the CDs since back when the game came out. Been tempted to pick up the few that I'm missing lately, just for completeness.

The one I'm really desperate for is the separate Greatest Hits compilation disc they did, because that has the game's theme song on it (definitely inspired by Hammer!) but it's literally impossible to get.

Yes you can definately hear the Hammer sound all over this one !

4 hours ago, Leigh Burne said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000787G0/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=all

10 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Huh... Well that was disappointingly obvious... :)

I swear everywhere else I've checked they've been ruinously expensive, if they've even been available at all. I must've just forgotten to look on Amazon US. Thanks a lot for the link!

2 hours ago, Leigh Burne said:

Huh... Well that was disappointingly obvious... :)

I swear everywhere else I've checked they've been ruinously expensive, if they've even been available at all. I must've just forgotten to look on Amazon US. Thanks a lot for the link!

You’re welcome. Glad to help! I love every thing about that game, especially the soundtrack!!

• Like 1

This is a fan video from You Tube changing “The Madness of it All” with the 2002 song “I Grieve” by Peter Gabriel - it works well and this song would have fitted perfectly in Miami Vice.:rauchen:

Edited by Matt5

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

This is a fan video from You Tube changing “The Madness of it All” with the 2002 song “I Grieve” by Peter Gabriel - it works well and this song would have fitted perfectly in Miami Vice.:rauchen:

Nice! 

“Up” wasn’t one of PG’s better-received sets, but I enjoyed it, and have some good memories with it. This is definitely one of my favorites from the album. 

2 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

Nice! 

“Up” wasn’t one of PG’s better-received sets, but I enjoyed it, and have some good memories with it. This is definitely one of my favorites from the album. 

This song was written by Gabriel about 9/11 and released one year later in 2002. His two daughters were in NYC that day but not at WTC I read.

Has an amazing Vice feel to it post vice.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

New song from Honeymoon Suite in 2017.

The band had many songs featured in the show in 1984,86 and 89. They are cemented in MV history with “Bad Attitude” from the series finale “Freefall” in the spring of 1989.:hippie:

Edited by Matt5

56 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

New song from Honeymoon Suite in 2017.

The band had many songs featured in the show in 1984,86 and 89. They are cemented in MV history with “Bad Attitude” from the series finale “Freefall” in the spring of 1989.:hippie:

He kind of sounds like Bon Jovi now. 

24 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

He kind of sounds like Bon Jovi now. 

I like it - but they have softened their sound considerably.. saying that there's only two remaining original members left from their Miami Vice-era stuff, one of whom is still the singer.

• Like 1

I hope this is the right song, can't preview it on my phone. I just heard it played at a bar and asked the dj for the track id :tasse:

Man this South Africa music is completely new to me and best thing I've heard in awhile. Funky Afro Pop.

There's one copy for sale on vinyl and it's $120.00 plus shipping.

Edited by Marc