What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

• Administrators
On 7/9/2018 at 10:26 PM, Daytona74 said:

Those cars in Havana where the video was shot have been through much worse... :p

I went to Cuba once and saw many of them up close... oftentimes, only the outer shell is still the original. Due to the embargo, spare parts for American cars have always been difficult to source, but that didn't stop inventive Cubans from keeping the cars running using anything they could come by. So your '57 Buick might actually have a Russian Lada engine under the hood or a diesel truck engine, maybe even a boat engine. Other than that though, they are often in remarkable condition on the outside, despite the damp tropical climate.

Yep,  heavy boat engines ruining the chassis. I watched that Cuban Chrome show on Discovery Channel a while back. :) 

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Marc said:

can't believe this isn't on Spotify.

I HAVEN'T HEARD THIS SONG IN FOREVER! 

Thanks for posting!

vor 8 Stunden schrieb James:

Yep,  heavy boat engines ruining the chassis. I watched that Cuban Chrome show on Discovery Channel a while back. :) 

Interesting. I was not even aware of that show.

It's really awesome if they'll manage to preserve all of those old cars. They are really a part of Cuban identity the same way that Miami would be unthinkable without the Art Deco District. Because they're not just in the hands of a few classic car fans, but really still the workhorses for many people in everyday traffic.

I hope that this cultural heritage doesn't become lost if and when Cuba enters more extensive trade relations with the U.S. and the West. These cars weren't kept all those years because Cubans liked 1950s American cars so much, but out of necessity. And one day when standards of living in Cuba rise and the average person can afford to trade in their old car for a modern production car, that tradition could die out.

• Like 1

Awesome instrumental track :thumbsup:

I remember it actually being played at parties or in dance clubs when it came out.

Edited by Daytona74
  • Like 1

"Nice new age ambient synth vibes with a tropical humidity offset by breezy slow grooves, from Vancouver, CA’s Khotin for the summer romantics and smokers..."

i don't know why, but i'm listening these two songs in loop since one week now :eek:

Edited by jpm1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, jpm1 said:

i don't know why, but i'm listening these two songs in loop since one week now :eek:

I always thought it's just me who does that :radio:

you can say about Lindsey Buckingham what you want, and as he seems to be a polarizing character, a lot is being said about him, especially since he's been sacked from Fleetwood Mac this spring. In any case It's a fine line between ingenuity and insanity as he demonstrates with this incredible performance:

Edited by daytona365
  • Like 3

I never liked the Pink Floyd track Dogs of War that was used in Miami Vice and think this one is better fit with the show.

also one of my top three songs used in the Sopranos was Comfortably Numb if you know the scene.

• Like 3

I heard “Learning to Fly” at a restaurant just the other night. It’d been awhile. I always thought that should’ve been in a S4 or 5 episode. Maybe it was too obvious haha. 

I’ve always wondered if Jan Hammer was inspired by David Gilmour’s guitar tones. I know they are friends. 

• Like 2

On 7/17/2018 at 7:12 AM, agent 47 said:

"Territory" by Daniel Deluxe

not bad. bit of progressive, bit of cyberpunk. not bad at all

On 7/17/2018 at 9:25 AM, James said:

Just a bit of Barnesy. 

On 7/18/2018 at 7:25 AM, James said:

loved these artists a lot when i was a kid. still do

2 hours ago, Marc said:

0.24: had a nasty crash with that Fiat 500 when i was a teenager. hopefully noboby was hurt except me. but my backbone got injured enough to get me exempted from the military duty. like all teenagers, i used to do more or less worthy things. 2.24: one of my dream cars. R16. if God wants, i'll own one someday

right now, i'm listening to this :)

Edited by jpm1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jpm1 said:

0.24: had a nasty crash with that Fiat 500 when i was a teenager. hopefully noboby was hurt except me. but my backbone got injured enough to get me exempted from the military duty. like all teenagers, i used to do more or less worthy things. 2.24: one of my dream cars. R16. if God wants, i'll own one someday

Yeah some of the cars are amazing in the clips from films that Vimeo channel and record label have used. Just been looking at pictures of your Renault.

I really need to find this film and see more of it. The dialogue is :)

• Like 1

looks like a mafia movie to me. but never saw it.  i think you can find clues with the town background maybe. according to the cars, i'd say a late 70s movie, but could be wrong though. and kudos to the stuntsmen btw. doing stunts with that era cars was pretty much a single ticket to the cemetary :eek:

Edited by jpm1

will have a look at this MDLPNXf.gif. Italian art can be amazing sometimes. not always, like anyone else, but sometimes they do pretty amazing stuff

Edited by jpm1