What Are You Listening To Right Now?

James

9 hours ago, pmconroy said:

You're right about that. I listen to his Jan Hammer covers quite often, they're very close to the originals. "The Diet Coke of Jan Hammer" :D

Just great.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 3/17/2019 at 1:09 PM, Bren10 said:

Because music never gets old. :radio: Just ask Dadrian.

As I like to say - Music is doesn't get old, like a fine alcohol it "ages", and it gets better with age. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, James said:

As I like to say - Music is doesn't get old, like a fine alcohol it "ages", and it gets better with age. 

Definately I agree much like a great TV show. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bren10 said:

Interesting band that uses steel guitar atmospherics 

Wow I didn’t know they were still around. I have their first album!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bren10 said:

Interesting band that uses steel guitar atmospherics 

Holy Smoke, this band is good. Perfect for MV! Good ear, Bren10!!! 

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 1

So, I admit this may not be seen as a typical MV music addition, but I love it and think it would be great for a Crockett/Gina reunion! 

LOL, I can here the guys groaning!

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 2

I know this song was dedicated to someone who died a tragic death, but I see it as a beautiful tribute to those who fought for what was right! Crockett being my number one hero! 

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=SbhWvOXj8rM&fbclid=IwAR36bASr4A3gkqdFNK0t_l1_hwtteSzgCmyLECrntSNEfu7Q7o0OZzJCg3Q

I am guessing 99% of you won’t remember, but there was a time when one of the members of Weezer was onboard our forum, he went by ‘Dope Nose’. Probably surfing for ‘80s inspiration- they are so eclectic so I can’t doubt it. He was very low-profile. Anyway, here is Weezer with Tears for Fears in late-nite t.v. the other day. 

33 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

One of my favorite Hammer tunes.  Somehow it captures the late night mood of what is (like it or not) the center of Western Civilization.  Everybody is from someplace else, like Miami.

www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=54&v=zC0cLBcsy-o

I love this. You're right, it makes you feel lonely, and comforted all at the same time. Not sure I expressed that well but it's how I feel when I listen to this melody! Not to mention, I come from NY and spent my college years in NYC, so I can definitely relate!

Edited by mjcmmv
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, mjcmmv said:

I love this. You're right, it makes you feel lonely, and comforted all at the same time. Not sure I expressed that well but it's how I feel when I listen to this melody! Not to mention, I come from NY and spent my college years in NYC, so I can definitely relate!

Just like Florida. Nobody’s really “from” Florida.

• Like 1

The song is really long, but a classic. I could see this playing during a  MV scene....not sure where, but in  mind it fits the tone of the show....

• Like 2

23 hours ago, pmconroy said:

Just like Florida. Nobody’s really “from” Florida.

There are still a few of us "Crackers" around.

24312866_10213544658584056_2088741800848482303_n.jpg.57990a1b7cd1f932bb8ccd71ad14973d.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

I still listen to the Andy Taylor album from time to time. Some nice tracks on it.

Strange. Just last night I was wondering if that album would be worth checking out. Thanks! 

Edit: so it’s just a single :( 

I totally have the MVII album in literally every format, and have listened to it routinely since 1987 :) 

I do wish there was whole Andy Taylor set with the same vibe as “When the Rain Comes Down”.  Is there?? 

@Robbie C. are you talking about “Thunder”?

Edited by Dadrian