The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

Thanks JN and will do. Looks like parts I still need are:78-82 dash assembly & gauges (FL shop didn't come thru)' date=' and replacement turn signal and cruise switchesrear tag light assembly in chromeMomo Veloce steering wheelTrunk chrome lettering "Ferrari", in scriptLeather tan tonneau cover (done later to match interior leather)front headlight lenses (clear or tinted)then all the interior components (carpet, leather, sound system)So need to begin sourcing these. ThnxS-B[/quote'] For Vette parts I recommend http://www.ecklers.com/For Daytona parts I recommend http://www.rowleycorvette.com/gtcparts.htmlFor Ferrari parts I recommendhttp://www.trutlands.com/

is that rowley corvette thing current? the photos are kinda out of date.

Last time I spoke with the owner he still had some items. Makes the best headlight plexicover of all.JN

also check this out:http://cgi.ebay.com/1986-Ferrari-Daytona-Spyder-McBurnie-Kit-Car-Photo-/350385651974?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51949cc106Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildmaybe that's how the pipes were mounted on the daytona during the pilot after all we never really saw the rear of the car, just the sides.also I dont think i've ever seen a daytona like this with pearlescent paint and it looks good even if the stance is off, the interior is made out of natcho cheese colored leather and the mufflers seem to need replacing.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-McBurnie-Kit-Replica-Miami-Vice-1973-Daytona-365GTS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf4f4295fQQitemZ330527156575QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

'Eingefügtesmaybe that's how the pipes were mounted on the daytona during the pilot after all we never really saw the rear of the car" data-date=" just the sides.also I dont think i">

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-McBurnie-Kit-Replica-Miami-Vice-1973-Daytona-365GTS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf4f4295fQQitemZ330527156575QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

You know these pics are right out of the McBurnie sales literature. I actually have the paperwork for my car when it was originally built, including these brochures. This weekend will try to scan these documents in --but not sure where I should post them though. And the first car even has the proper show car placement of the rear red and yellow lights so you could be right about this on the pipes. Not fond of the exterior or interior colors of the second one though. :p

Dont worry about it, but looking closely at that first sales photo doesnt that first car have the eagles on it like the markadian car?did I accidentally find a photo of the MV car pre mv?

post-592-13892963458607_thumb.jpg

Dont worry about it I have been wrong before but looking closely at that sales photo doesnt that first car have the eagles on it?

If you can see that then you have better vision than me. ;)I'll find the brochures on this and check -a good idea. :thumbsup:But I will still keep my caps though because they have the prancing horse and ferrari lettering and I just like that on the wheels. Think I should scan the literature into this thread?

Might as well. but really that'd be something if I actually found a photo of a markadian car pre mv hell it might even be car 4.Eingefügtes Bildit does have the same lights, same mirrors, spinners, sunvisors, the dash looks the same (although the steering wheel seems to be off of a normal vette) theres also some odd labeling on the rear that looks like it says gts on the end and the labeling on the trunk seems to be in gold instead of silver, seems to say something other than ferrari and the lettering is smaller.still it checks alot of boxes though...... (and the lights were switched around after carl got it after its retirement)

post-592-13892963458787_thumb.jpg

Might as well. but really that'd be something if I actually found a photo of a markadian car pre mv hell it might even be car 4.Eingefügtes Bildit does have the same lights' date=' same mirrors, sunvisors, the dash looks the same (although the steering wheel seems to be off of a normal vette) theres also some odd labeling on the rear that looks like it says gts on the end and the labeling on the trunk seems to be in gold instead of silver, seems to say something other than ferrari and the lettering is smaller.still it checks alot of boxes though......[/quote'] Referring to your last image (not the one my quote captured here), the taillights are reversed, the curve on the dash (over the steering) looks less like Camera's flowing curve and more like the stunt car's not so curvy dash , the visors are missing and so could be the stunt car maybe or as you said one of the missing cars. Steering wheel, not sure, but could be a Momo don't you think?

the one I posted as an attachement underneath that one IS the camera car today.just at a right more angle hence why the dash seems a little off (the light is casting a shadow on it in the photo) but looking closely at it it does seem to be the same dash on it, the visors were removed at the end of season 2 and carl reversed the lights and changed the spinners to black with gold eagles plus the tail pipes.if only there was a shot of the interior and the front to go along with that old autolit photo and its very possibile that the momo was just added latter

post-592-13892963459037_thumb.jpg

I wonder if th escript on the trunk might say "MARDIKIAN" because "350 GTS" was the name he gave to his 4 cars iirc. and that is what it says on the trunk lid. I don't think it is the stunt car because it appears that the area around the gauges has been modified like Camera's car (and the stunt car had a stock vette gauge area) so either this is #4 PRE MV or it is one of the other two....

I wonder if the script on the rear could have been a modified version of his logo he used on his federalized cars?Also did you guys know "It's actually Albert Mardikian who inspired the character of Charlie Babbit, in the film Rainman by Barry Levinson with Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman. Tom Cruise plays the CEO of a small US Company importing Italian sports cars from Europe. The firsts scene of the film shows four Countach being downloaded from a boat onto the port of New-York, and then Babbit struggling to make them authroized by the Emission Control Authority...Exactly Al Mardikian's story... !"

post-10068-1389296345924_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

and also theres a bright yellow ferrari daytona in one of those scenes in the background, still sonny if you want to try and match your car to its rendition in the pilot I think you just got your reference photo for the rear, sans the 350 gts logo

Dont worry about it' date=' but looking closely at that first sales photo doesnt that first car have the eagles on it like the markadian car?did I accidentally find a photo of the MV car pre mv?[/quote']Perhaps not.In 1984 I went to a car show in California that had one of the Mcburnies like the show car, provided by Mcburnie Coachcraft, and it had replica Ferrari spinners on the wheels.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildNotice the placement of the rear exhaust.Eingefügtes Bild

the one I posted as an attachement underneath that one IS the camera car today.just at a right more angle hence why the dash seems a little off (the light is casting a shadow on it in the photo) but looking closely at it it does seem to be the same dash on it' date=' the visors were removed at the end of season 2 and carl reversed the lights and changed the spinners to black with gold eagles plus the tail pipes.if only there was a shot of the interior and the front to go along with that old autolit photo and its very possibile that the momo was just added latter[/quote'] Oh sorry, missed your point earlier I think. Dash does look more curved here and didn't know the taillights were reversed again. Hm.

You can see further images' date=' info, and Daytona related stuff in my COOPER&BURNETT SCRAPBOOK SECTION about the Daytona.[/size']Click here. http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?1834-RARE!!-FERRARI-DAYTONA-INFO!-(McBURNIE-COACHCRAFT-REPLICA)
These wheel logos are exactly like mine' date=' but are the wheels gold or just the pic tinting? The tailpipe placement is also nearly exactly like mine as well.Interesting.....[/quote']The wheels are Chrome. They just look gold due to the lighting.