The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

BrianCan you describe/show a pic of what you are looking for in terms of wheels and spinners? Mine are Zenith wire wheels and have the old style spinners with a plate underneath that requires a special tool to remove the wheel. Not the more modern multi-bolt wheel which are easier to remove but the Zeniths are rare and from the original manufacture of the car. Also am wondering what you are thinking of in terms of tire size for your Daytona?

Okay' date=' here goes...I haven't dissected my wheels, I like 'em and just want to change the spinners. They currently have what appear to be Borrani spinners on them, although they've got lug nuts so I'm skeptical whether or not they're real Borranis. And honestly at this point I don't care (although at some point in the future I may). You can't even tell they have lugs from more than 5 feet away, so they'll work for now. Here's a pic:[ATTACH=CONFIG']6747[/ATTACH]I want want to swap out the spinners for what was on the show. JN's posted pics of them but this thread is getting awfully hard to search! Here are the pics from the Volo museum car so don't shoot me (Camera Daytona's were swapped for black ones with the same eagle sometime after the conclusion of the show, and they look pretty sharp I must say):[ATTACH=CONFIG]6748[/ATTACH]The etched ones are what the real Daytonas had, but they're pricey. You can still buy them from Borrani online for $250 each (not sure if they're the 32s or 42s): http://www.borraniamericas.com/html/32.htmlAnd finally I've got new rubber on mine, P225 60 R15s in the front and P235 60 R15s in the rear. Not looking to change that any time soon, I think they're just about right (didn't like the 235s in the front when they were on the show car, thought they looked a little balloonish).-Brian W

post-9934-13892964832355_thumb.jpg

post-9934-13892964833273_thumb.jpg

6749[/ATTACH]-Brian W

I have to admit I was kind of thinking the same thing with the 235's, they do seem a touch on the wider side like a porsche 911 turbos rear wheels except all around but it was probably a trade off done in the name of making the car more planted. although I gotta wonder what it would look like with something like 230's and a 15 or 16 inch rims, I dont know ever since seeing that 16 rim one with the headrests I keep thinking thats the perfect look for a fully flared mcburnie, ferrari style headrests and 16 inch rims and then maybe the 14's for something like the rowley with the normal daytona size flares on the front:http://corvette.canney.net/webvettes/customized/c0050/index.htmlhttp://www.photos-automobiles.com/shootings/ferrari_daytonaspyder/index.htmlthis one has cooper cobra radial gt's on it, probably atleast 225'sand I gotta wonder though, isnt the R15 the thing that denotes the rim size? I mean arent the wire wheels on the car 14's? so is there already extra rubber on there than what its rated for, the 14's?although I believe when the daytona, car 4 was new it was listed here that the car started out with Michelin XWX VR 195/70 I guess R14's, although I found out that actually the ferrari 308 came with offically Michelin tires and the rim size for the american 308's was 14 like on the daytona while on the european cars its 15:
so maybe there was daytonas out there with legit 14 inch wire wheels and maybe the base car was one that had 14's on it? which would make it all the more rare, a white daytona spyder with 14 inch rimsI'm not sure about the borrani thing either, but well the rims on the testarossa were like that, center lock rims like the daytona in the gumball rally had on it minus the knock off spinner things on the outside:at 0:57
http://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/stone15.jpgso maybe it was a post modern inbetween between the two just mixed in with the wire wheels to make it lower maintenance or something? or maybe just make it easier to live with and make it harder to steal?

Looks like that Miami Spyder guy is back on ebay again:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-RARE-ORIGINAL-TOM-McBURNIE-MIAMI-VICE-FERRARI-DAYTONA-SPYDER-365-GTB-CORVETTE-/150902710805?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item232280a215love how he blatently fills in a fake vin number so the history of the car doesnt show up at all plus I think he tried to slap on a C4 shifter on it to try and make it look more like the vice car, which well makes me think he may be paying attention to the threads here.

Looks like that Miami Spyder guy is back on ebay again:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Replica-Kit-Makes-RARE-ORIGINAL-TOM-McBURNIE-MIAMI-VICE-FERRARI-DAYTONA-SPYDER-365-GTB-CORVETTE-/150902710805?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item232280a215love how he blatently fills in a fake vin number so the history of the car doesnt show up at all plus I think he tried to slap on a C4 shifter on it to try and make it look more like the vice car' date=' which well makes me think he may be paying attention to the threads here.[/quote']Built on a 1982 Corvette....but the McBurnie builder plate clearly says built in 1980! Must be a very early 1982 model.......

Built on a 1982 Corvette....but the McBurnie builder plate clearly says built in 1980! Must be a very early 1982 model.......

yup as reportedly shifty as ever' date=' still though its interesting to see a car with C3 mirrors in bright red like they have on the official miami vice model kit of the daytona:which interestingly has C3 mirrors on it with a V8 engine with a chromed air cleaner like what car 4's engine actually has weirldy enough[img']http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6769&stc=1&d=1348115652http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6770&stc=1&d=1348115655 and still I swear looking at the blow up scene from when Irish eyes are crying I still think they had a model of the sandy area made and then used the model for the blow up scene at 2:42
hell it even has the ferrari headrests of the model on it that stick out more than the 78 style seats the cars actually had and theres weirdly no wreckage at 2:46 yet for the model shot there is, plus well I can see the demolition charges under the model that explode upward into the already pre cut areas of the model, namely the drivers side door and trunk.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6771&stc=1&d=1348118829http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6773&stc=1&d=1348118833http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6772&stc=1&d=1348118831although I gotta wonder just thinking about the C4 shift knob blatently missing the button to shift the gears on the red one there, did he just stick it on and then say just for the hell of it by the way its got a C4 tranny on it? plus the valve covers look to be off of one of the really early vette's like a 60's 327 which was dropped for the 69 model year and replaced with the 350 as standard I believe with the C3's.speaking of that shift knob I didnt get any sort of word back from the Mr. Mikes place about that daytona example having the shift knob the camera car used to have:http://mrmikes.com/corvettevern.htmhttp://mrmikes.com/vern1.jpgalthough its also got the carl roberts windshield trim on it so it might have maybe came through Carl's shop at some point, so that might be something to ask him at during the next meeting.Ill try and scope out the website for maybe a different contact info place, but usually you get something out of them if you send an email inquiring about something.

post-592-13892964840963_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964841321_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964841775_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964842075_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964842378_thumb.jpg

:eek::thumbsup::cool::clap: great

well the reason why I brought it up is because both cars were delivered to Carl Roberts after there retirement as payment for the testarossa stunt stand in and well I remember jurrasic saying that he thought they blew up some prop car while well I think it was probably a model. seeing as the reflection of the explosion on Crockett's sunglasses has no bits flying around showing up on the reflection, just an explosion with nothing there and it was a small one while the shot afterwards of what I believe was the model has bits flying around and seems to be a good 8 feet tall while they act like it was a flash in the pan.plus wouldnt the natural reaction to such a large explosion with bits raining down be that of the pilot when his partner got blown up or the helicopter in the Prodigal Son? I know an editing trick when I see one and well I build models too.always have since I was a kid and hell I could actually make out the decals of the old enterprise in TNG when they still used models in the show shots as they werent covered with the gloss or matt coats given to them to give off the aztec paint job used on the movie and tv show ships, so once the light hit them they stuck out against the painted ship.which was done to allow them to change the registry easily on them back then too as its just a decal but I'm getting offtopic.

Built on a 1982 Corvette....but the McBurnie builder plate clearly says built in 1980! Must be a very early 1982 model.......

He probably copied the MCB plate that was posted in this thread some time ago (Youngman's car?) and then blocked out the info that would reveal which one it was.As to the date not matching up to his representations, this is par for the course with the most sleazy, dishonest car seller I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. He undoubtedly didn't think the reader would pay attention to that level of detail. Yes he is looking at this thread and he has made some changes to prior cars such as reversing the amber and red light to line up to how the car appeared in the show. Watch his listings and you will see some of his tactics....using fictitious other Ebay IDs (hidden using the private listing feature) to fraudulently drive up the price of the car to near his target price, which is always just under the Buy It Now price. He will continually lower the reserve price in tiny increments to make buyers think he is wanting to move the car at a more reasonable price. But the increments are tiny. He will have numerous hidden defects in the car that he won't tell you about and won't let you have an independent inspection at a site of your own choosing. And remember when he was on our forum and claimed he sold his "business"? That was just another lie as he is obviously still trying to sell his junk cars to unsuspecting buyers. So again people, my advice is to stay away from Arturo Cornejo of Tampa, aka MiamiSpyders and some other aliases he goes by.

He probably copied the MCB plate that was posted in this thread some time ago (Youngman's car?) and then blocked out the info that would reveal which one it was.As to the date not matching up to his representations' date=' this is par for the course with the most sleazy, dishonest car seller I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. He undoubtedly didn't think the reader would pay attention to that level of detail. Yes he is looking at this thread and he has made some changes to prior cars such as reversing the amber and red light to line up to how the car appeared in the show. Watch his listings and you will see some of his tactics....using fictitious other Ebay IDs (hidden using the private listing feature) to fraudulently drive up the price of the car to near his target price, which is always just under the Buy It Now price. He will continually lower the reserve price in tiny increments to make buyers think he is wanting to move the car at a more reasonable price. But the increments are tiny. He will have numerous hidden defects in the car that he won't tell you about and won't let you have an independent inspection at a site of your own choosing. And remember when he was on our forum and claimed he sold his "business"? That was just another lie as he is obviously still trying to sell his junk cars to unsuspecting buyers. So again people, my advice is to stay away from Arturo Cornejo of Tampa, aka MiamiSpyders and some other aliases he goes by.[/quote']yeah the one that got me was one of the black spyders he had on which blatently looked like a copy of some of the engine specs of Car 4, specifically the carb as it made some technical note of it that sounded half assed about its size and seemed to focus on saying Holly carb, double pumper and a few other oddities.nothing is more despicable than someone who preys on someone who has a dream of owning a car from TV only for it to turn out to be an overpriced lemon junker with a few patches on it to maybe make it run fine for a little while till the lemon law cant protect you, hell because of him it sounds like a best bet is to find one, a good one is to find one selling one locally.

yeah the one that got me was one of the black spyders he had on which blatently looked like a copy of some of the engine specs of Car 4' date=' specifically the carb as it made some technical note of it that sounded half assed about its size and seemed to focus on saying Holly carb, double pumper and a few other oddities.nothing is more despicable than someone who preys on someone who has a dream of owning a car from TV only for it to turn out to be an overpriced lemon junker with a few patches on it to maybe make it run fine for a little while till the lemon law cant protect you, hell because of him it sounds like a best bet is to find one, a good one is to find one selling one locally.[/quote']That's exactly right...he slaps on some chrome and decorative crap in the engine compartment, throws Don Johnson and Miami Vice names around, and hypes up his supposed "improvements" that are likely copied from this thread, and then marks the price WAY up from what he paid to get the car vs what it is really worth in the market place. He is banking on the average buyer being more trustworthy than they should be. But he is totally unscrupulous and lies through his teeth to potential buyers about the condition of the car. Won't allow independent inspections at a place of the buyer's choosing either. And this BS with the MCB plate having a manufactured date of 1980 with a donor car of 1982??? What... does he time travel?BTW, the car is now delisted as I reported him to Ebay for Fraudulent listing on this car. If enough of us spread the word about him and no one ever buys from him again then average consumers can buy these cars from the original sellers at a reasonable price and know what they are getting, as most sellers are reasonably honest I believe.BTW--use his name Miami Spyders or MiamiSpyders when referring to him in these posts so the Search Bots will reference our posts about him. That way potential buyers, if they do a search for him, will be directed to our comments and may help them avoid him.

That's exactly right...he slaps on some chrome and decorative crap in the engine compartment' date=' throws Don Johnson and Miami Vice names around, and hypes up his supposed "improvements" that are likely copied from this thread, and then marks the price WAY up from what he paid to get the car vs what it is really worth in the market place. He is banking on the average buyer being more trustworthy than they should be. But he is totally unscrupulous and lies through his teeth to potential buyers about the condition of the car. Won't allow independent inspections at a place of the buyer's choosing either. And this BS with the MCB plate having a manufactured date of 1980 with a donor car of 1982??? What... does he time travel?BTW, the car is now delisted as I reported him to Ebay for Fraudulent listing on this car. If enough of us spread the word about him and no one ever buys from him again then average consumers can buy these cars from the original sellers at a reasonable price and know what they are getting, as most sellers are reasonably honest I believe.[/quote']yeah some poor bastard was on there after he had gotten a mcburnie with a C4 engine, was moving to a cali and because of the laws there and the fact that his car was a 76 and not a 75, the date that a car has to be made before to be excempt from all of the EPA and this may kill you crap was told by the state of crazyness that the car cant come in till it had its original 76 engine or one like it put back in, despite the C4 engine probably being a cleaner motorwhich from watching a program on the speed program where they were selling a 76 maserati bora and had to get it out of the state to sell it and from what I've heard on Jay Lenos garage seems to be sadly true.and he was unwilling to live with a carbed engine, he liked the C4 one so instead he opted to sell it after having the thing worked over for some minor techincal gremilins which were worked out before the state gave him crap over it (along with the mirrors getting changed over to chrome vette ones instead of the viltaoni small ones, does kind of prove that what that guy on the vette forum said about painted looking better than chrome when it comes to mirrors to me though.), still though he did get a fair price for it but it just shows while this guys out there giving the daytona replicas a bad name there is good ones out there too.not a bad piece of kit either, little strange looking with the cut down chrome mirrors and the seats though but still I know from the details he wasnt bullshiting anyone as the state of california is just that stupid about there laws

post-592-13892964870668_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964871191_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964871693_thumb.jpg

yeah some poor bastard was on there after he had gotten a mcburnie with a C4 engine' date=' was moving to a cali and because of the laws there and the fact that his car was a 76 and not a 75, the date that a car has to be made before to be excempt from all of the EPA and this may kill you crap was told by the state of crazyness that the car cant come in till it had its original 76 engine or one like it put back in, despite the C4 engine probably being a cleaner motorwhich from watching a program on the speed program where they were selling a 76 maserati bora and had to get it out of the state to sell it and from what I've heard on Jay Lenos garage seems to be sadly true.and he was unwilling to live with a carbed engine, he liked the C4 one so instead he opted to sell it after having the thing worked over for some minor techincal gremilins which were worked out before the state gave him crap over it (along with the mirrors getting changed over to chrome vette ones instead of the viltaoni small ones, does kind of prove that what that guy on the vette forum said about painted looking better than chrome when it comes to mirrors to me though.), still though he did get a fair price for it but it just shows while this guys out there giving the daytona replicas a bad name there is good ones out there too.not a bad piece of kit either, little strange looking with the cut down chrome mirrors and the seats though but still I know from the details he wasnt bullshiting anyone as the state of california is just that stupid about there laws[/quote']Not getting where you saw the car you have pictured here. I actually think the Ferrari replica seats are pretty cool with their high-backed headrests and striping. CA is overregulated and overtaxed, imo, and is dealing with the problems of out of control pensions and government spending, and is also known for having extreme pollution control laws. That is why I have so much pollution control crap I need to remove from my Daytona engine still.

Not getting where you saw the car you have pictured here. I actually think the Ferrari replica seats are pretty cool with their high-backed headrests and striping. CA is overregulated and overtaxed' date=' imo, and is dealing with the problems of out of control pensions and government spending, and is also known for having extreme pollution control laws. That is why I have so much pollution control crap I need to remove from my Daytona engine still.[/quote']On ebay a few weeks ago where mr miami spyders does his buisness, I saved the pictures from his car and the red one recently. and I do like the ferrari headrests but the striping seems overdone by going up that far on the black one there, seems like they look better like the way they were on the vice cars where the striping starts midway down the top half of the seat all the way to the bottom. personally I kind of think the ideal seat would be the fiero seat rigged up like the vice cars seats maybe mixed in with that ferrari headrest and the shape and size would probably line up with the styling of them with a more performance orented shape to them than the 78 seats, kind of the best of both worlds, the pilot seats and the post pilot stock 78 seats mixed in with the headrest of the actual ferrari and techincally the testarossa.this is what I meant about the seats, this is what the fiero seats look like with the headrest cutoff:http://images.rodandcustommagazine.com/featuredvehicles/0709rc_10_z+1939_chevrolet_coupe+interior_seat_view.jpgand with them onhttp://forums.vintage-mustang.com/mod-custom-forum/573295-fiero-seats-2.htmlhttp://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138650a dead ringer for the size of the 78 seats with just more of a body hugging look to it similar to the TR seats.and I cant help but think well just put the side striping on like on this one:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6804&stc=1&d=1348203545Eingefügtes Bild the daytona stripes starting midway up to all the way down the bottom half of the seat if the middle was in saddle leather instead of blackhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6802&stc=1&d=1348203489mixed in with the rear treatment of the vice cars and it could look vice correct http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6803&stc=1&d=1348203494yet also mimic the style of the seats of the TR/512TRhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6801&stc=1&d=1348203486 and hell if you wanted to be more like the actual car just stick the barber shop headrest on it that rowley used for theres in place of the cut off headresthttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6800&stc=1&d=1348203484either that or cut the old headrest down to about half of its current thickness and then stitch it back on to mimic the pilot seat.

post-592-13892964875146_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964875479_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964875956_thumb.jpg

post-109-13892964877069_thumb.jpg

post-592-1389296487739_thumb.jpg

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6769&stc=1&d=1348115652http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6770&stc=1&d=1348115655 and still I swear looking at the blow up scene from when Irish eyes are crying I still think they had a model of the sandy area made and then used the model for the blow up scene at 2:42

hell it even has the ferrari headrests of the model on it that stick out more than the 78 style seats the cars actually had and theres weirdly no wreckage at 2:46 yet for the model shot there is, plus well I can see the demolition charges under the model that explode upward into the already pre cut areas of the model, namely the drivers side door and trunk.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6771&stc=1&d=1348118829http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6773&stc=1&d=1348118833http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6772&stc=1&d=1348118831although I gotta wonder just thinking about the C4 shift knob blatently missing the button to shift the gears on the red one there, did he just stick it on and then say just for the hell of it by the way its got a C4 tranny on it? plus the valve covers look to be off of one of the really early vette's like a 60's 327 which was dropped for the 69 model year and replaced with the 350 as standard I believe with the C3's.speaking of that shift knob I didnt get any sort of word back from the Mr. Mikes place about that daytona example having the shift knob the camera car used to have:http://mrmikes.com/corvettevern.htmhttp://mrmikes.com/vern1.jpgalthough its also got the carl roberts windshield trim on it so it might have maybe came through Carl's shop at some point, so that might be something to ask him at during the next meeting.Ill try and scope out the website for maybe a different contact info place, but usually you get something out of them if you send an email inquiring about something.
KThe only thing that makes me think they blew up a full size car is the tire and some of the steering components after the explosion. The tire bounces, which a model would not do (I don't think). And I think Carl said it was a full size car, but it was probably a shell on a frame.Look at the debris and tell me what you think.

KThe only thing that makes me think they blew up a full size car is the tire and some of the steering components after the explosion. The tire bounces' date=' which a model would not do (I don't think). And I think Carl said it was a full size car, but it was probably a shell on a frame.Look at the debris and tell me what you think.[/quote']Looking at the debris it looks like the wheel is that of the model and well its also possibile that maybe they used the other model of the daytona, I believe there was a diecast model made of the daytona as part of the offical licenced stuff at some point which did have roling wheelsbut the wheel would roll if it wasnt connected to anything regardless and it looks like when they blew up what I believe is the plastic model they had two cameras rolling, one just off to the left and one far back probably rigged up like this | \ Model Camera 1 \ \ --------------------------- Camera 2and maybe it was pre cut as well to make it roll or bounce around and during the scene some of the debris does actually hit Camera 2, as the demolition charge might have been proping the model upplus looking at the sunglasses shot the explosion is off to the right, away from where the daytona was parked:http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii172/timm5252/Daytona1watermark.pngnote the road inwards, the explosion is off to the right

post-592-13892964872579_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964872891_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964873182_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964873478_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964873771_thumb.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii172/timm5252/Daytona1watermark.pngnote the road inwards, the explosion is off to the right

sorry the editior screwed up my diagram so Ill have to try and make it in photoscapeEdit: got it but the line that lines with Camera 2 is a little off and I think I may have used the wrong shot for the camera 1 shotbut well you kind of get the idea, might have maybe shot the scene twice with the camera closer with a second model too.

post-592-13892964874052_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964874334_thumb.jpg

post-592-1389296487463_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964874928_thumb.jpg

Just thought this was worth saying Brian but after looking over your photo there of your car with the 225's in the front and 235's in the rear it looks like that lines up with the look of that rowley (http://www.photos-automobiles.com/shootings/ferrari_daytonaspyder/index.htm) I found awhile back:Eingefügtes Bildhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6829&stc=1&d=1348440686with the rowley there the thing about it is that the flares on the front are fully cut down to about that of the actual car, while the rears are full flares like that on the vice car hence why the lighting seems to hit it differently than your mcburnie. but I'm pretty sure those are the same size tires that you have on your car Brian as the general angle seems to be the same just that your photo is closer while theres is further away.one thing though do you have any shots of your car from the front and maybe off to the front from an angle? as I'm kind of curious what the car looked like with the C4 mirrors from those angles when the light hits it. As while I've seen ones with C3 mirrors and all of those ferrari mirrors (save for that one from that 1981 308 with the thin tornado mirrors) I've never seen one with C4 mirrors, atleast not in red I believe.also this shot from the behind the scenes photos is car 1, just with his hand on the T/A shifter we saw in Whatever Works as you can see the line on the door panel that only car 1 has, weirdly enough it has a 78 - 82 insturment cluster which I thought it didnt have.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6830&stc=1&d=1348440689and you can just barely see the chrome windshield trim there but its kind of hard to see with it being black and white, funny though that it looks like on car 1 they didnt even try to get the leather around the gauge cluster like they did on car 4:Eingefügtes Bildhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/photoplog/images/61/1_MV-Interior_etc_027-reduced.JPG(also note the two screws holding the leather on in the sides, probably drilled right into the insturment binacle, cluster or whatever its called)so it looks like the extra stich of leather around the gauge cluster was a later idea, chances are it was first utlized on car 3 for the 80 - 82 Markadian Mcbunrie cars.kind of funny as I never really gave that photo a twice over as well Don doesnt look very happy and it looks to be taken from No Exit, namely this scene minus his coat:Eingefügtes Bildwhere when Sonny slams the daytona in reverse while holding the guys hands in it when he grabs for the suitcase, then it suddenly changes over to car 1. So what they might have done is they might have called cut, Don pulled in with car 1 with the coat off and then someone snapped the photo without his permission hence the look. Although its damn near at the same angle as the shot of the guy grabbing for the suitcase too.

post-9934-13892964886717_thumb.jpg

post-592-1389296488761_thumb.jpg

I may have a result on that shift knob. I was just browsing ebay looking for that momo indy wheel and I accidentally typed in momo italy and a buch of random momo stuff poped upapparently they do everything from sunglasses to gas pedal covers and all this and that. and well it occured to me if they were at a shop that had momo stuff after the pilot where both cars were getting worked over for the second episode maybe they would have bought a shift knob made by momo in addition to the veloce wheels which it looks like judging by the photo of car 1 there it looks like they both had.and well this kind of looks close to the one on car 4:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRrfkvhDSCs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOMO-ANATOMIC-Short-Shift-Knob-Leather-ASBK1-/390405673443?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=truemaybe someone just cut a hole in the middle and fitted it on the gearshift lever and it does look kind of glossy like the one on car 4, like it may have not been a hard plastic but maybe a sort of shiney leather it would explain why nothing has shown up yet out of nowhere some replica with the carl roberts windshield trim shows up on Mr. Mikes Website with one, maybe he thought hmm maybe that would fit and cut a hole in the middle as it does say may work with some automatic cars without a button.after all the fine art of car customization is getting parts that werent ment for a specific car to work on it with a little work and fiddling around.also found this, full sized tornado mirrors that are brand new, Guess this explains why during the hitlist at the end along with the start up and close up of Car 4 in No Exit the mirrors appeared to be a light gloss at certain angles:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mirror-Vitaloni-Tornado-left-electric-Alfa-Romeo-NEW-/300664917647?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4601068e8f&vxp=mtrthey were, I thought maybe someone had glossed them up with some sort of wax but it looks like the outside housing are a light thin gloss while the sides are matt, can actually kind of see that here on the drivers side mirror:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildwhile the babies are all matt:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vitaloni-Baby-Tornado-mirror-L-H-/200790589049?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec00d3e79&vxp=mtrand I'm going to have to have a word with my old man about his old porsche 914:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-911-914-tornado-mirror-set-for-hardware-/230835320614?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35bedb7726&vxp=mtrapparently they had them but the 914 was only made from 1969 to 1974, might be someone who thought they were on it saying they were hoping to catch the interest of 911 and 914 owners.but I have seen tornados that were painted to perfectly match the body on a 308 so they can be painted to match the body.

post-592-13892964888343_thumb.jpg

Okay this is a new one, a daytona replica with borg pop up headlights and I aint joking:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-Other-Convertible-1972-Ferrari-Daytona-replica-/261103082467?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3ccaf4dbe3miami spyder guy is back by the way, but still though thats certainly a different replica.its got the Carl Roberts windshield trim with chrome, painted viltaoni turbo mirrors and it looks like he painted the bottom of the flares around the nose matt black to make them disapear along with putting some sort of weird thing over the back end of the tail pipeslooks like he was trying to replicate the look of the back end of the stinger from vice city, one thing though why not just retrofit the circular headlights of the original vette for that kind of thing rather than one square like that.http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg135/scaled.php?server=135&filename=gtavcstinger2dd9.jpg&res=landing

My McBurnie needs a new homeI have just gotten back from my honeymoon and cold reality has set in. It is apparent that we will need a house. I am going to sell my McBurnie Daytona Spyder. I am the second owner, the car has less than 4600 miles on it. I have driven it alot this summer and EVERYTHING WORKS!. I had the transmission rebuilt last year and had a NEW radiator put in (it was leaking a little and I am a neat freak) this year. It has the 1987 corvette C4 fuel injected engine and TONS or TORQUE! Everything is leather and the paint is original and in GREAT shape. I want $29,500 which for a true factory McBurnie I think you will not find another in this nice of shape with this low of mileage. I can deliver with 400 miles you pay gas both ways. It has no issues ready to go!It has a clear Illinois title with the manufacture of Mcburnie

post-11100-13892964891806_thumb.jpg

post-11100-13892964892094_thumb.jpg

post-11100-13892964892368_thumb.jpg

post-11100-13892964892642_thumb.jpg

post-11100-13892964892917_thumb.jpg

Thought it would be apt to explain the change to the daytona threads.Youngman contacted me and told me that Miami Spyders was indeed watching the thread and made him an offer for his car. I dont know too much about the guy outside of Sonny Burnett mentioning he had had some bad dealings with him and that he had joined the site but had gotten banned for whatever reason.along with him having a bad reputation at org, something I briefly noted years ago.So I figured I'd Contact cooper and burnett and see if maybe the thread could be rigged up like the scrapbook section to prevent him from getting at the info, photos and research that we've all done into the markadian/Mcburnie basically companion piece to the actual daytona's.hence the full flares, the different style grill, smaller wheels, square headlights instead of circular behind smoked plexyglass. as to give an inbetween between the 68 daytona with clear plexyglass and the pop up headlights ones and the full sized square mirrors and the auto trans and power steering.which they never put on ferrari's or lamborghinis of that time period outside of the luxury models like the 365 GTC 2+2 , the 400 and the Espada I believeso I contacted ferrariman to see what he could do and the threads were moved to this. a separate section of the forums that requires people to log in to see it. so that Miami spyders cant use the information, research, ideas and ect ect to make his cars seem better on the exterior when there really quite spotty and probably dangerous and possibly compromised when it comes to the integrity of the chasis, crash damaged or badly rusted.hell I wouldnt be surprised to see him selling this one next at 6:18

figures I type in the keywords that I know would bring up that video and I find the one he was trying to sell already:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhnv2g1eIDAalong with this onehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHVJb2ebQ2E&feature=relmfuthat's a new onebut basically this new section is for everything daytona related, including sales I believe and to prevent miami spyders from turning someones dream into a nightmare, along with anyone else who would wish to use the promise of making there dream come true only for it to turn out to be a scam.on the plus side I found this just now, that hotrodded daytona I came across a little while back, the one I said I think had a C4 based windshield:
and this one crusing London:
I think that's part of the reason why I liked the running lights on the outside in the pilot, somehow it just looks odd to me to have the running lights on the inside and then have them be yellow.I mean you've already got the yellow going on, on the front of the car so it seems a little overpowering.