The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

Well your car certainly came out well.Im not really sure about the interior color but looking at the vette book I have, Corvette 1968 - 1982 by Falconer the listed Corvette interior colors for 81 are kind of odd and dont really seem to mention anything of that nature:Suggested interior trim:Camel dark redblack charcoal, dak blue medium red silver greyfunny it seems to constantly repeat Camel, not sure if they replaced beige with that?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIjCfJC4vRM

but it does mention for 1979 that theres one interior color listed as light beige which kinda looks like Car 4's color, tanish yet somewhat grey looking like what it looked like in Jurrasics photos under these lighting conditions

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5hgXMOiipg

cameras photo of the back area in the gallery, where Noogie sat in Cool running now with the speakers and the battery back there, instead of in the door when it comes to the speakers:Eingefügtes BildJurrasics which he took when he saw Car 4 in personhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6258&stc=1&d=1339551743not sure though If I misslabeled my own photo of the red vette under restoration though or if it was really an 81.also Sonny I hate to ask but what of the grill? did you take any of that?and also I hate to say this but it looks like your missing a screw on the right turn signal indicator:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6251&d=1339521070although it certainly seems to be a geniune article, cant really tell if its like that on the vice car though, closest shot we got on the show was in El Viejo in the dark although looking at my photos of the volo car and car 4 they both dont have a black ferrari emblem on them from the show shots, might actually just be an option or something with the real ones like the ferrari emblem on the trunk which some people have and some dont.correction the volo car seems to have it on the left but not the right? wouldnt be the first time I've noticed something off with that one as its missing its tag light (go figure, the one piece that you can order from ferrari! and they focus on it in the video of the car!)
and has a square headlight right next to a circular one on the left side as well, outter on the left is circular but the inner is square and it wasnt like that when they got it.

post-592-13892964615486_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964615818_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964616061_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964616336_thumb.jpg

post-109-1389296461662_thumb.jpg

heres the photos of the volo carPre makeover:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6261&stc=1&d=1339553256http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vemp_0611_miami_vice_ferrari/index.htmlpost:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6260&stc=1&d=1339552975note the headlights in this one:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6259&stc=1&d=1339552930also looking at the listing of the 76 colors only one could have been used if they went with the original color of the inteior and it does look like the kind they used for car 1, buckskin, atleast in its volo restoration

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ5P4DiVqzk

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TxdypSPBRA

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6262&stc=1&d=1339554227http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6263&stc=1&d=1339554230

post-592-13892964616806_thumb.jpg

post-592-1389296461728_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964617868_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964618246_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964618716_thumb.jpg

WOW!!!That is one STRAIGHT CAR!!!Nice job.

Thnx Stinger. Hope you are making progress on your car hunt as well.

Well your car certainly came out well.Im not really sure about the interior color but looking at the vette book I have' date=' Corvette 1968 - 1982 by Falconer the listed Corvette interior colors for 81 are kind of odd and dont really seem to mention anything of that nature:Suggested interior trim:Camel dark redblack charcoal, dak blue medium red silver greyfunny it seems to constantly repeat Camel, not sure if they replaced beige with that?[/quote']Thanks I thought so too that they did a great job bringing out the luster in the Tuxedo black paint as well as on all the chrome. Camel is a possibilty for color but the more I think about this the more convinced I am that both my car and perhaps Car 4 started as Saddle ( a light/medium color tan as per my swatch) but that repeated exposure to sun over several years would have definitely faded the color. I can see the fading when I look at my seat back just under the metal backing and it is close to the saddle swatch that I showed in here earlier. But now my interior is pretty close to the same color as Car 4s. I am not recollecting though whether Car 4 had an interior redo or restoration of the tan color after the show's run.
cameras photo of the back area in the gallery, where Noogie sat in Cool running now with the speakers and the battery back there, instead of in the door when it comes to the speakers:Eingefügtes Bild
Yeah this color does look pretty light. One thing I have learned though is that camera pics can fool you depending on the lighting conditions. When I look at my interior outside it is noticeably lighter than when I see in in the garage or in overcast conditions. As to Noogie sitting here it would have to be on top of the retracted top frame which is not shown here because the top has been raised. So it would be difficult to squeeze anyone in this space with the top down.
also Sonny I hate to ask but what of the grill? did you take any of that?and also I hate to say this but it looks like your missing a screw on the right turn signal indicator:
No grill pics but I will take some after I do another pass with the Mag and Aluminum cleaner. Yes I do have a screw missing but please don't spread it around. lol
although it certainly seems to be a geniune article, cant really tell if its like that on the vice car though, closest shot we got on the show was in El Viejo in the dark although looking at my photos of the volo car and car 4 they both dont have a black ferrari emblem on them from the show shots, might actually just be an option or something with the real ones like the ferrari emblem on the trunk which some people have and some dont.correction the volo car seems to have it on the left but not the right? wouldnt be the first time I've noticed something off with that one as its missing its tag light (go figure, the one piece that you can order from ferrari! and they focus on it in the video of the carand has a square headlight right next to a circular one on the left side as well, outter on the left is circular but the inner is square and it wasnt like that when they got it.
Not getting your points here. Pls clarify.

Not following where you are going with these pics. :birdie:

Here's a couple shots of my convertible top in the retracted position and you can see how little space there is for anyone to sit. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6264[/ATTACH]This one is a view of the top filling the well behind the seats. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6265[/ATTACH]This is a shot taken from the driver's seat looking rearward. You can also see the trunk release handle.

post-36-13892964619334_thumb.jpg

post-36-13892964620227_thumb.jpg

6264[/ATTACH]This one is a view of the top filling the well behind the seats. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6265[/ATTACH]This is a shot taken from the driver's seat looking rearward. You can also see the trunk release handle.

hmm noogie must have had his feet in the back of the seats or something then' date=' still could be worse though:[img']http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6266&stc=1&d=1339565331would of have had to of have folded him in two to even get him in the TR's luggage space and I gotta wonder how much the seats must have squeaked with the leather seat back on leather trim back there.actually whats that black think in your second photo there sitting in the middle of the space with the bolts on it? the one on the floor?

Not following where you are going with these pics. :birdie:

That with the turn signal indicators on the two cars from the show it looks like they may not have had the prancing horse emblem on them' date=' even though outside of that shape wise and tint wise they look like the ones on the actual cars, meaning it might have been an actual option to have the turn signals with or without the horse on them like the prancing horse on the rear which Jurrasic has on the back of his:[img']http://www.miamiviceonline.com/photoplog/images/109/1_MV_Rear_Comparewlegend.JPGhowever with car 1, or what volo thinks is car 1 it looks like the details on it are spotty at best, as one side has the prancing horse emblem on the turn signal and the other turn signal doesnt.and one side has a circular headlight next to a square one while the other side has square headlights for the right inner and outer.even though when they got the car it had 4 square headlights when vette web photographed it back in 06 before volo restored it although I cant tell if it had the light amplyfiers on it or not to allow the light to penetrate the smoked plexyglass that car 4 had during the pilot and the second season.plus the missing tag light which is straight off of the actual daytona and still avalabile, albiet its not cheap at I think something like a couple hundred bucks or something but for a 137,000 grand I'd expect them to atleast have that on it and atleast have the headlights be symetrical. and looking at the interior color of the volo car it looks like it may have been restored in the corvette inteior color that best matches what car 1 had in 1976 or what they think it might of had which would have been buckskin leather according to my corvette book as it doesnt look quite right and actually kind of dark unlike it did in the show when they used it for the close up shots during Florence italy and Sons and Lovers.and it really does look like its in almost a deer skin like color as buck is the name for a male deer, of which I've actually had in my next door neighbors front lawn eating his bushes early in the day a few months ago, mind you they were very young ones and didnt have horns, might have been females actually but I'm getting off topic.with car 4 and the work that was done to it after the shows run I dont think the leather was restored or redone as theres a little bit of warping on the leather on the dash and some cracking on the stripes that I can see in the photos, nothing serious just a little wear plus the marks left by the striping on the back of the seats that was removedthat and the new door panels were put on, the radio replaced and refited with a modern CD player and the speakers moved to the back of the car along with the burlwood being removed along with the shifter which I'm kind of wondering if all it was was just a cut down normal one to mimic the trans am ones, plus the merc air con button controls being replaced with the leavers of the stock vette ones mechanically wise I would bet most of the work that was done to it was because of the basic wear and tear, new shocks, bearings outside of the work that was done on the motor during the shows rundont quite know if it that was during or after the shows run though as I think Don liked to overrev the engine judging by how lowdly the engine was screaming when he pulled into the airport junkyard in Trust Fund Pirates but the engine work it had done might have been caused by the turbo it had on back in 81"you see the car 4 was a california car, under california law you can not modify the engine of any new car in any sort of internal way so the only way to get back that lost speed and acceleration from the smog crap back would have been to either change the gearing which if set too high can cause engine damage over 50 miles per hour (which is how they got the Striped Tomato to accelerate so quickly on starksy and hutch which resulted in them blowing one of the engines out once on the small blocked one)or put a turbo on it, which is what markadian did, thing is though the turbos of that era usually kick in at about 3,000 rpm like on the audi UR quattro or the 911 turbo, the red line of the normal 350 engine and with the redline set up like markadian did if anyone shifted it like it was indicated they would damage the engine and blow a rod which is probably what happened as I think the engine block was either repaired or replaced during the shows run, but I think that happened before they called Carl in to work on it during S1 from whateveryones saidsorry if this is a little offtopic to what you asked but I've recently been looking into starksy and hutch and didnt know about the calfornia law that stated you cant modify new engines in new cars and I only just read about what they did to the torino to get it to perform recently as it was a brand new car for every season.which explains why it was so slow in that fifth gear segment where it vs the general, they didnt bother doing that before the test to the torino.

post-592-13892964621098_thumb.jpg

Thought I'd post some shots of the exterior after having the paint restored. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6250[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6251[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6252[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6253[/ATTACH]

The Daytona and the tires looks fantastic gleaming like a diamond the paint job.They did a great job you must be very proud to drive such a beauty and ready for summer.

Actually Sonny while I think of it whats the story with the door handles here?http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6246&d=1339516010 I mean how do they work and who made them as I dont see the lock unlock thing on it that goes with the normal vette door handleand how well do the arm rests work in that position? are they comfortabile and handy as it looks like it may be rubbing against the seat a little and sticking out a touch

hmm noogie must have had his feet in the back of the seats or something then' date=' still could be worse though:[img']http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6266&stc=1&d=1339565331would of have had to of have folded him in two to even get him in the TR's luggage space and I gotta wonder how much the seats must have squeaked with the leather seat back on leather trim back there.
With the top down and the seats forward you might be able to squeeze your feet behind the seats and sit on the edge of the decking in front of the conv top frame, but you would need to be a small person.
actually whats that black think in your second photo there sitting in the middle of the space with the bolts on it? the one on the floor?
If you mean the shot of the decking taken from the driver's seat you may be referring to the right side of the CD player.
That with the turn signal indicators on the two cars from the show it looks like they may not have had the prancing horse emblem on them, even though outside of that shape wise and tint wise they look like the ones on the actual cars, meaning it might have been an actual option to have the turn signals with or without the horse on them like the prancing horse on the rear which Jurrasic has on the back of his:
Ah ok you are referring to the horse symbol on the reflectors on each side of the front marker lenses. I am not 100% certain but I believe these are detachable as I have seen them on replica lenses on Ebay where the circular reflector discs are shown detached. Can't tell from your screen shots whether they are on Car 4 in the show. Mine are vintage Carello and look to be the same as Car 4, other than perhaps the small reflector discs.
however with car 1, or what volo thinks is car 1 it looks like the details on it are spotty at best, as one side has the prancing horse emblem on the turn signal and the other turn signal doesnt.and one side has a circular headlight next to a square one while the other side has square headlights for the right inner and outer.even though when they got the car it had 4 square headlights when vette web photographed it back in 06 before volo restored it although I cant tell if it had the light amplyfiers on it or not to allow the light to penetrate the smoked plexyglass that car 4 had during the pilot and the second season.plus the missing tag light which is straight off of the actual daytona and still avalabile, albiet its not cheap at I think something like a couple hundred bucks or something but for a 137,000 grand I'd expect them to atleast have that on it and atleast have the headlights be symetrical. and looking at the interior color of the volo car it looks like it may have been restored in the corvette inteior color that best matches what car 1 had in 1976 or what they think it might of had which would have been buckskin leather according to my corvette book as it doesnt look quite right and actually kind of dark unlike it did in the show when they used it for the close up shots during Florence italy and Sons and Lovers.and it really does look like its in almost a deer skin like color as buck is the name for a male deer, of which I've actually had in my next door neighbors front lawn eating his bushes early in the day a few months ago, mind you they were very young ones and didnt have horns, might have been females actually but I'm getting off topic.
I think Volo got many things wrong on their restoration as the interior is all wrong and frankly looks very cheesy to me. The dash assembly looks plastic and fake and not that good of an attempt to replicate the real Ferrari. The steering wheel is overdone as well and I think the color is way too light. That combo of round and square headlights is just plain goofy, imo.Whoever did this clearly had no knowledge of the car used in the show and didn't make an effort to learn.And then there is the provenance issue which Jurassic so clearly points out that this car may never have even seen Don Johnson at all. Btw the license plate light bracket goes for way more than a couple hundred. I am still looking for the chromed version.
with car 4 and the work that was done to it after the shows run I dont think the leather was restored or redone as theres a little bit of warping on the leather on the dash and some cracking on the stripes that I can see in the photos, nothing serious just a little wear plus the marks left by the striping on the back of the seats that was removedthat and the new door panels were put on, the radio replaced and refited with a modern CD player and the speakers moved to the back of the car along with the burlwood being removed along with the shifter which I'm kind of wondering if all it was was just a cut down normal one to mimic the trans am ones, plus the merc air con button controls being replaced with the leavers of the stock vette ones
Perhaps CameraDaytona or Jurassic can weigh in here as well. I'm just wondering if the seat colors faded much on Car4 (need to look under the front lower seat where it is not exposed to sunlight or under the metal seat back as I did to see what the color was. If the door panels were replaced perhaps they needed to re-dye the seats to match the color??Before I dye my seats I would like to try and match what was the original color on Car4. I am not sure it is the Saddle color from my swatch but it could be.
dont quite know if it that was during or after the shows run though as I think Don liked to overrev the engine judging by how lowdly the engine was screaming when he pulled into the airport junkyard in Trust Fund Pirates but the engine work it had done might have been caused by the turbo it had on back in 81"
I like to over-rev, as you say, mine too. Sounds very mean even a couple blocks away when I do this.
you see the car 4 was a california car, under california law you can not modify the engine of any new car in any sort of internal way so the only way to get back that lost speed and acceleration from the smog crap back would have been to either change the gearing which if set too high can cause engine damage over 50 miles per hour (which is how they got the Striped Tomato to accelerate so quickly on starksy and hutch which resulted in them blowing one of the engines out once on the small blocked one)
Mine was also a California car and sold as one with all the emissions crap that I mostly still need to remove.
or put a turbo on it, which is what markadian did, thing is though the turbos of that era usually kick in at about 3,000 rpm like on the audi UR quattro or the 911 turbo, the red line of the normal 350 engine and with the redline set up like markadian did if anyone shifted it like it was indicated they would damage the engine and blow a rod which is probably what happened as I think the engine block was either repaired or replaced during the shows run, but I think that happened before they called Carl in to work on it during S1 from whateveryones said
Strange that the turbos were pulled as were my Holleys and some other stuff on my original invoice.

The Daytona and the tires looks fantastic gleaming like a diamond the paint job.They did a great job you must be very proud to drive such a beauty and ready for summer.

Thanks alleycat ....I do think the detailers did a great job on the paint and chrome. The went through a 4-step paint restoration process that took several hours. I was there with them the whole time watching my baby. The carpet cleaned up pretty well also.

Actually Sonny while I think of it whats the story with the door handles here?http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6246&d=1339516010 I mean how do they work and who made them as I dont see the lock unlock thing on it that goes with the normal vette door handleand how well do the arm rests work in that position? are they comfortabile and handy as it looks like it may be rubbing against the seat a little and sticking out a touch

Well the chrome handles are stock Vette handles but the oval shaped leather wrap around them is a custom job by ADMI. The locking switch is on the center console under the handbrake. The arm rests are fine and functional and no, they do not rub against the seats.

That with the turn signal indicators on the two cars from the show it looks like they may not have had the prancing horse emblem on them' date=' even though outside of that shape wise and tint wise they look like the ones on the actual cars, meaning it might have been an actual option to have the turn signals with or without the horse on them like the prancing horse on the rear which Jurrasic has on the back of his:THE FRONT TUNR SIGNAL HAS A CIRCULAR AMBER COVER WHICH SITS OVER A SIDE MARKER LIGHT AND A SCREW THAT HOLDS THE INDICATOR IN PLACE. THEY ARE AVAILABLE WITH AND WITHOUT THE PRANCING HORSE. CAR 4 HAD A HORSE ON BOTH SIDES WHEN THE CAR WAS TURNED OVER TO CARL ROBERTS. FERRAIR PROBABLY ADDED THE HORSE AS MORE CARS WERE PRODUCED. I DON'T HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH PHOTO OF EITHER CAR DURING THE SHOW TO BE 100% ON IF THEY WERE THERE DURING PRODUCTION.however with car 1, or what volo thinks is car 1 it looks like the details on it are spotty at best, as one side has the prancing horse emblem on the turn signal and the other turn signal doesnt.and one side has a circular headlight next to a square one while the other side has square headlights for the right inner and outer.NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN AS ALL FOUR HEADLIGHTS ON THE VOLO CAR ARE SQUARE 4X6even though when they got the car it had 4 square headlights when vette web photographed it back in 06 before volo restored it although I cant tell if it had the light amplyfiers on it or not to allow the light to penetrate the smoked plexyglass that car 4 had during the pilot and the second season.plus the missing tag light which is straight off of the actual daytona and still avalabile, albiet its not cheap at I think something like a couple hundred bucks or something but for a 137,000 grand I'd expect them to atleast have that on it and atleast have the headlights be symetrical. and looking at the interior color of the volo car it looks like it may have been restored in the corvette inteior color that best matches what car 1 had in 1976 or what they think it might of had which would have been buckskin leather according to my corvette book as it doesnt look quite right and actually kind of dark unlike it did in the show when they used it for the close up shots during Florence italy and Sons and Lovers.and it really does look like its in almost a deer skin like color as buck is the name for a male deer, of which I've actually had in my next door neighbors front lawn eating his bushes early in the day a few months ago, mind you they were very young ones and didnt have horns, might have been females actually but I'm getting off topic.ACTUALLY THERE IS A SMALL DIFFERNCE IN THE TAN/BUCKSKIN COLORS AVAILABLE FROM CHEVROLET. THE OLDER CARS HAD A DARKER TAN COLOR (CALLED SEVERAL NAMES OVER THE YEARS). BY 1980-82 THE COLOR WAS LIGHT CAMEL, WHICH IS THE COLOR OF MY INTERIOR, AND SEEMS TO BE THE COLOR OF THE VOLO INTERIOR. THE CAMERA CAR IS A LITTLE LIGHTER, BUT EVEN SO IN CERTAIN LIGHTING IT LOOKS CAMEL.with car 4 and the work that was done to it after the shows run I dont think the leather was restored or redone as theres a little bit of warping on the leather on the dash and some cracking on the stripes that I can see in the photos, nothing serious just a little wear plus the marks left by the striping on the back of the seats that was removedWE WERE TOLD BY CARL THAT ALL THE LEATHER WAS REPLACED, BUT THERE IS NO WAY TO BE SUREthat and the new door panels were put on, the radio replaced and refited with a modern CD player and the speakers moved to the back of the car along with the burlwood being removed along with the shifter which I'm kind of wondering if all it was was just a cut down normal one to mimic the trans am ones, plus the merc air con button controls being replaced with the leavers of the stock vette ones dont quite know if it that was during or after the shows run though as I think Don liked to overrev the engine judging by how lowdly the engine was screaming when he pulled into the airport junkyard in Trust Fund Pirates but the engine work it had done might have been caused by the turbo it had on back in 81"MOST OF THE ENGINE NOISES WERE DUBBED IN LATER USING A REAL FERRARI ENGINE SOUNDMANY OF THE ENGINE ISSUES WOULD HAVE BEEN SOLVED BY THE MOVE TO FLORIDA, WHERE THE EMMISSION LAWS WERE ALMOST NON-EXISTANT AT THE TIME.[/quote']CAMERA DAYTONA MAY HAVE MORE INSIGHT INTO SOME OF THIS, OR HAVE SOME INDICATORS IN HIS MOUNTAIN OF PAPERWORK AS TO WHAT COLOR THE LEATHER WAS.

With the top down and the seats forward you might be able to squeeze your feet behind the seats and sit on the edge of the decking in front of the conv top frame' date=' but you would need to be a small person.If you mean the shot of the decking taken from the driver's seat you may be referring to the right side of the CD player. Ah ok you are referring to the horse symbol on the reflectors on each side of the front marker lenses. I am not 100% certain but I believe these are detachable as I have seen them on replica lenses on Ebay where the circular reflector discs are shown detached. Can't tell from your screen shots whether they are on Car 4 in the show. Mine are vintage Carello and look to be the same as Car 4, other than perhaps the small reflector discs. I think Volo got many things wrong on their restoration as the interior is all wrong and frankly looks very cheesy to me. The dash assembly looks plastic and fake and not that good of an attempt to replicate the real Ferrari. The steering wheel is overdone as well and I think the color is way too light. That combo of round and square headlights is just plain goofy, imo.Whoever did this clearly had no knowledge of the car used in the show and didn't make an effort to learn.And then there is the provenance issue which Jurassic so clearly points out that this car may never have even seen Don Johnson at all. Btw the license plate light bracket goes for way more than a couple hundred. I am still looking for the chromed version. [i']Perhaps CameraDaytona or Jurassic can weigh in here as well. I'm just wondering if the seat colors faded much on Car4 (need to look under the front lower seat where it is not exposed to sunlight or under the metal seat back as I did to see what the color was. If the door panels were replaced perhaps they needed to re-dye the seats to match the color??Before I dye my seats I would like to try and match what was the original color on Car4. I am not sure it is the Saddle color from my swatch but it could be.I like to over-rev, as you say, mine too. Sounds very mean even a couple blocks away when I do this. Mine was also a California car and sold as one with all the emissions crap that I mostly still need to remove. Strange that the turbos were pulled as were my Holleys and some other stuff on my original invoice.
ah so the CD player is what I'm seeing in the middle of the decking back there? and yeah the volo car is all over the place but from what I understand basically its car 1 body on a completely different car chasis as car 1's chasis was scrapped on account of the chasis damage car 1 had before they used it as there first attempt at a replica, not to mention its got a modern 89 engine in it, not the 76 engine so both the engine and the chasis of car 1 are long since gone and lost in the sands of timeso its much more likely that they decided to restore it as is without replacing the missing parts like the grill in an attempt to be correct supposedly to the show, which in of itself is wrong considering the car was used in a horrbile movie, not the show in that statethe movie being Speed Zone, used by two women and they only had the top down once in that entire movie at the begining:http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_10093-Ferrari-365-GTS-4-Replica.html

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-PDxWvcWKw

and please forgive me for posting this terribile clip of it, but its the only one I could find highlighting the use of the car in the filmdoesnt even have the right mirrors on it in the movie, plus the replica door handles, not the alfa ones which volo put on themselves and chances are the guy who sold it to volo put the tornado mirrors on before selling it to them so to say the least it really doesnt seem like its the vice car, outside of the odd dimensions of the nose and the back end that seem to line up with the shape of car 1's body and the gold zenith wire wheel caps that Carl might have reused for it from Car 4 or Car 1and John Candy was in the BMV:http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_10084-BMW-735i-E32-1988.htmlso wait a minute your car had a turbo as well? hmph maybe that was a practice they kept when they made them in california, personally it might be kinda cool to have one with a turbo rigged on it but it also might be more trouble than its worth as the cars that had turbos back then have had lets say some hot trouble and its only a 30 horsepower gain and you could probably get 5 or 10 out of them just my modifying the exhaust. something that could be done by having the engine redone and bumped up in a much more reliabile and safe way then as the turbo cars, as even the ferraris have long term trouble with themIE usually catching fire or having the turbo go out all together, hell there have been atleast 4 reported 288 GTO fires along with atleast 2 F40's on ferrari chat and wrecked exotics, dont know about the 959 though.all of which used turbos, see my talk about the F40/288 series does tie in more ways than one.and with the over reving, eh you could just do the same thing by having a pair of glass packs on it like my dad used to do with his 55' ford way back when, where when they were cold they were quiet but when they heated up it accomplished the same thing and you could hear him coming from quite a ways away, plus when cold it would pass inspection!but at the very least dont do that until the engine is heated up and the temp gauges are off the peg along with getting on it till it reaches about a 190 Degrees engine temp wise, thats the golden rule I follow as by then the engine and the metal is fully heated up and expanded and thus your not beating the hell out of the motor anywhere near as badly as you would if you did that from a dead cold start.after all thats why the italian cars got all of those bad nicknames, people would floor it and beat the hell out of them when they were brand new without letting them warm up, plus the whole dry slump oil system and the small oil passages which just made the situation even worse.hell if they would just follow that rule, drive them and take care of them, learn there ways and use a battery disconnect if there old and worn the only real complaint that would hold water about the old italian stuff is how quickly they rust out in wet climates.
Well the chrome handles are stock Vette handles but the oval shaped leather wrap around them is a custom job by ADMI. The locking switch is on the center console under the handbrake. The arm rests are fine and functional and no' date=' they do not rub against the seats.[/quote']oh, on the old gm car that I had the locking thing was right above the handle like on the vice car and the power locks thing, the unlock, lock thing was right infront of it with two big buttons all on the door, not on the center console.basically what Car 4 had except with two buttons infront of it and a chrome bar that you pull forward to unlock, and pull back to lock, not sure if car 4 has power locks or not though as I dont see the chrome bar on it that was above the handle on mine:Eingefügtes Bildcan kind of see what I mean on Jurrasics car here:Eingefügtes Bildalthough honestly I'm much more a fan of what your cars got there.and actually that sounds a great deal more secure that way than what it was on my old car then as on it someone could just punch out the glass and grab in, with yours they'd have to have there body half way over the door to even get at the switch if you had the top up and the windows up.and yeah I can kind of see that on youngmans photos there, just an optical illusion then and it just kinda looked like it would be level with the Knee and thus might bump against it under hard cornering
THE FRONT TUNR SIGNAL HAS A CIRCULAR AMBER COVER WHICH SITS OVER A SIDE MARKER LIGHT AND A SCREW THAT HOLDS THE INDICATOR IN PLACE. THEY ARE AVAILABLE WITH AND WITHOUT THE PRANCING HORSE. CAR 4 HAD A HORSE ON BOTH SIDES WHEN THE CAR WAS TURNED OVER TO CARL ROBERTS. FERRAIR PROBABLY ADDED THE HORSE AS MORE CARS WERE PRODUCED. I DON'T HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH PHOTO OF EITHER CAR DURING THE SHOW TO BE 100% ON IF THEY WERE THERE DURING PRODUCTION.NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN AS ALL FOUR HEADLIGHTS ON THE VOLO CAR ARE SQUARE 4X6ACTUALLY THERE IS A SMALL DIFFERNCE IN THE TAN/BUCKSKIN COLORS AVAILABLE FROM CHEVROLET. THE OLDER CARS HAD A DARKER TAN COLOR (CALLED SEVERAL NAMES OVER THE YEARS). BY 1980-82 THE COLOR WAS LIGHT CAMEL' date=' WHICH IS THE COLOR OF MY INTERIOR, AND SEEMS TO BE THE COLOR OF THE VOLO INTERIOR. THE CAMERA CAR IS A LITTLE LIGHTER, BUT EVEN SO IN CERTAIN LIGHTING IT LOOKS CAMEL.WE WERE TOLD BY CARL THAT ALL THE LEATHER WAS REPLACED, BUT THERE IS NO WAY TO BE SUREMOST OF THE ENGINE NOISES WERE DUBBED IN LATER USING A REAL FERRARI ENGINE SOUNDMANY OF THE ENGINE ISSUES WOULD HAVE BEEN SOLVED BY THE MOVE TO FLORIDA, WHERE THE EMMISSION LAWS WERE ALMOST NON-EXISTANT AT THE TIME.[/quote']ah so it was an optional thing with the horse then and yeah I cant tell either from the show footage, only way to know would be to find a in production photo and see from there but the only one I know of that does doesnt seem to show it:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6291&stc=1&d=1339667906dont know could be an indication of the age of the car used for the replicas, could just be a style choice by Mcburnie and Markaidan, on the other hand it was probably a choice given car 4 was marked Markadian 350 GTS back in 81' and the fact that while ferrari spinners were being used on the 308 back then they went with gold/silver ones marked Zenith Wire Wheels.and with the volo car look closer at this photo here ones circular and the others square:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6292&stc=1&d=1339667909and this I found on flickr taken by someone who was at the musem and they seem to be moving the cars alot as sometimes there facing one way and others the other way, usually with the 928 behind it though.So light camel is the color you went with? hmm maybe theres a normal camel and a light one but it wasnt mentioned in my book but yeah like you said Jurrasic though I'm starting to think that when redoing the interior it'd be best just to go with what you like Sonny and try and mimic the look of the car from your favorite episode like what I'm going to shoot to do with the hood where I want to lower the mirrors or put those Unimarix mirrors on it from the 81 308 to level the car out and draw more attention to the hood like the sideshots from the front left and front right did in the showEingefügtes Bildalthough while looking at finecars.cc and all the 308's they had only one 81' 308 had those mirrors on it and I just so happened to come across it while browsing, really wish I could find that genuine cream colored daytona spyder though as the ad for thats disapeared and cant rememeber the vin numberalthough it was well worn, rusty looking on the undercarage and they wanted a million 5 for it in cali, which is why it stuck out, I mean I can understand why someone would pay that for the black one thats back up with a new plate instead of the cool BMT 216 plate, one letter off of the DB5's plate from goldfinger, but cream and tan, beat to hell and rather dull looking? anyways also you may want to make make the top half of the inner windshield trim the same color as the interior like it was on the vice car although before you do that I have made a discovery about the rowley sunvisors I need to post about that concerns that.ALL THE LEATHER on car 4 was replaced? nah that cant be right, maybe redied but theres warping on the dash and light cracking on the seat stripes, plus the marks left from the leather stripes of S2 I've notced on the back of the seats, basically save for the door it looks all original to me. personally I think all that was redone was the doors as those door panels were really kinda rough and gringy looking, atleast on the passenger side door which might of been because PMT usually hopped out of it and probably used the arm rest as a step while the car ones door panel while it had a tear like mark on the driverside door that wasnt there in whatever works but was in Sons and Lovers it was basically in mint condition and it looks really nice, plus it doesnt have the reflector on it which I didnt care for personally. plus the possition of the door handle on Car 1's door if I was right about it being in that location, infront the arm rest of all places would explain why PMT said to hell with it and grabbed outside of the door to get the door open sometimes in S2and yeah I know the noises were typically dubbed over with the ferrari noses but trust me in that one scene in Trust Fund Pirates where they go to meet that guy from Cheech and Chong/ the Hippy from that 70's show in the tralled at the airport death yard that is the normal sound of the vette motor in that one sceneplus in S3 I dont remember them dubbing over the engine in those two episodes, they might have stopped doing that when they knew they were getting the TR and Car 1 was taken apart, plus its a directors thing.the director of an episode usually has direct control over the sound for the most part unless it was of the guns of which Don's pistols sounded like they were constantly dubbed over with the sound effect of Mr. Eastwoods Magnum, rather than a subsonic .45 ACP round, meaning that you dont get that crack of the bullet going supersonic in close quartersalthough with the bren ten that can be forgiven as that was toted as a full power 10mm even though I think its been reported it was using .45 acp blanks but you get my point
Sorry about dirt.. getting detailed this weekendBob Youngman
Jesus your cars practically a Time Capsule from the look of it, the guy you got it from looks like he took really good care of it, plus the fuel injected motor and the rest of it, makes me wonder if he uprated anything else on your car.

post-592-13892964632292_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892964632662_thumb.jpg

Sorry about dirt.. getting detailed this weekendBob Youngman

Your interior is very similar to mine, albeit with less wear, except that your seats don't appear to be stock vette but have a more rounded top with a Ferrari-style headrest and your guage cluster is somewhat different. Door panels look similar as do the rest of the dash and center console. Even the wooden steering wheel is similar. The interior is in the best condition I have seen on any MCB for sale.

CAMERA DAYTONA MAY HAVE MORE INSIGHT INTO SOME OF THIS' date=' OR HAVE SOME INDICATORS IN HIS MOUNTAIN OF PAPERWORK AS TO WHAT COLOR THE LEATHER WAS.[/quote']I do hope CameraDaytona can weigh in on his leather color as I am holding on the re-dye until I decide on color choice. The more I see his car the color does seem lighter than mine. Maybe Saddle was chosen for mine because of the siginificant amount of black used in my interior on the dash, seat backs, and trim to provide less of a contrast.
THE FRONT TUNR SIGNAL HAS A CIRCULAR AMBER COVER WHICH SITS OVER A SIDE MARKER LIGHT AND A SCREW THAT HOLDS THE INDICATOR IN PLACE. THEY ARE AVAILABLE WITH AND WITHOUT THE PRANCING HORSE. CAR 4 HAD A HORSE ON BOTH SIDES WHEN THE CAR WAS TURNED OVER TO CARL ROBERTS. FERRAIR PROBABLY ADDED THE HORSE AS MORE CARS WERE PRODUCED. I DON'T HAVE A GOOD ENOUGH PHOTO OF EITHER CAR DURING THE SHOW TO BE 100% ON IF THEY WERE THERE DURING PRODUCTION.
I think this is a reflector as mine and those for sale are in the folowing pics. I think they are removable if you take off the outer main lens. The screen cap in No Exit looks to be missing the horse but not 100% sure. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6299[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6300[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6301[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6302[/ATTACH]
ACTUALLY THERE IS A SMALL DIFFERNCE IN THE TAN/BUCKSKIN COLORS AVAILABLE FROM CHEVROLET. THE OLDER CARS HAD A DARKER TAN COLOR (CALLED SEVERAL NAMES OVER THE YEARS). BY 1980-82 THE COLOR WAS LIGHT CAMEL, WHICH IS THE COLOR OF MY INTERIOR, AND SEEMS TO BE THE COLOR OF THE VOLO INTERIOR. THE CAMERA CAR IS A LITTLE LIGHTER, BUT EVEN SO IN CERTAIN LIGHTING IT LOOKS CAMEL.
Interesting about the stock colors. So your interior is as light as the Volo car? The volo car interior to me had a grayish tint to it or maybe was the lighting. That one shot from Car 4 rear deck area did seem pretty light to me.From my interior pics in the earlier post #1299 above JN, do you think my interior is a darker color?
WE WERE TOLD BY CARL THAT ALL THE LEATHER WAS REPLACED, BUT THERE IS NO WAY TO BE SURE
To me the screenshots of Car 4 have more of a tan or saddle color to them than that rear deck shot Kavinsky posted above. Is it possible that Carl lightened the interior color when he took the car after the show?
MOST OF THE ENGINE NOISES WERE DUBBED IN LATER USING A REAL FERRARI ENGINE SOUND MANY OF THE ENGINE ISSUES WOULD HAVE BEEN SOLVED BY THE MOVE TO FLORIDA, WHERE THE EMMISSION LAWS WERE ALMOST NON-EXISTANT AT THE TIME.
Yeah I have definitely heard the Ferrari dubbing but at times I can hear the V8 rumble in other scenes as well, now that my ear is tuned to how my own car sounds. With no muffler the revving on the V8 is still pretty cool.

post-36-13892964634694_thumb.jpg

post-36-13892964635083_thumb.jpg

post-36-13892964635448_thumb.jpg

post-36-13892964636642_thumb.jpg

ah so the CD player is what I'm seeing in the middle of the decking back there? and yeah the volo car is all over the place but from what I understand basically its car 1 body on a completely different car chasis as car 1's chasis was scrapped on account of the chasis damage car 1 had before they used it as there first attempt at a replica' date=' not to mention its got a modern 89 engine in it' date=' not the 76 engine so both the engine and the chasis of car 1 are long since gone and lost in the sands of time[/quote'']Yep it is the Sony CD changer that I don't use.
so wait a minute your car had a turbo as well? hmph maybe that was a practice they kept when they made them in california, personally it might be kinda cool to have one with a turbo rigged on it but it also might be more trouble than its worth as the cars that had turbos back then have had lets say some hot trouble and its only a 30 horsepower gain and you could probably get 5 or 10 out of them just my modifying the exhaust.
No my car did not have a turbo. I meant that it was sold with things that are no longer there such as the Holley and with Car 4 sold with a turbo that had also been removed at some point.
and with the over reving, eh you could just do the same thing by having a pair of glass packs on it like my dad used to do with his 55' ford way back when, where when they were cold they were quiet but when they heated up it accomplished the same thing and you could hear him coming from quite a ways away, plus when cold it would pass inspection!
I remember the glass packs back in the day but really the Daytona doesn't need them as it has no mufflers other than in the tips of the tailpipes.
but at the very least dont do that until the engine is heated up and the temp gauges are off the peg along with getting on it till it reaches about a 190 Degrees engine temp wise, thats the golden rule I follow as by then the engine and the metal is fully heated up and expanded and thus your not beating the hell out of the motor anywhere near as badly as you would if you did that from a dead cold start.
Yep I wait until at least 175F or so before I do any hard revving. I'm more concerned about it running at 230+ in the summer of 2010 before a new mechanic fixed the backward running electric fan.
oh, on the old gm car that I had the locking thing was right above the handle like on the vice car and the power locks thing, the unlock, lock thing was right infront of it with two big buttons all on the door, not on the center console.basically what Car 4 had except with two buttons infront of it and a chrome bar that you pull forward to unlock, and pull back to lock, not sure if car 4 has power locks or not though as I dont see the chrome bar on it that was above the handle on mine:
I don't know if Car 4 had the door locks on the doors as mine only has a power lock switch on the center console.
and actually that sounds a great deal more secure that way than what it was on my old car then as on it someone could just punch out the glass and grab in, with yours they'd have to have there body half way over the door to even get at the switch if you had the top up and the windows up.
Actually mine is easy to break into as all you would need to do is unsnap the top at the back, flip the seatback forward and reach the unlock switch. I have done it when I left my door lock key at home.
ah so it was an optional thing with the horse then and yeah I cant tell either from the show footage, only way to know would be to find a in production photo and see from there but the only one I know of that does doesnt seem to show it:
Have a look at my previous post with pics.
So light camel is the color you went with? hmm maybe theres a normal camel and a light one but it wasnt mentioned in my book but yeah like you said Jurrasic though I'm starting to think that when redoing the interior it'd be best just to go with what you like Sonny and try and mimic the look of the car from your favorite episode like what I'm going to shoot to do with the hood
Well I would like to get my color close to the color in the Show car as it was in season 2. Seems a bit darker than Car 4 is today but not sure.
anyways also you may want to make make the top half of the inner windshield trim the same color as the interior like it was on the vice car although before you do that I have made a discovery about the rowley sunvisors I need to post about that concerns that.
yes when the dash is exchanged I will change the interior windshield trim from black to tan.
ALL THE LEATHER on car 4 was replaced? nah that cant be right, maybe redied but theres warping on the dash and light cracking on the seat stripes, plus the marks left from the leather stripes of S2 I've notced on the back of the seats, basically save for the door it looks all original to me. personally I think all that was redone was the doors as those door panels were really kinda rough and gringy looking, atleast on the passenger side door which might of been because PMT usually hopped out of it and probably used the arm rest as a step
May need CameraDaytona to weigh in on this.
the director of an episode usually has direct control over the sound for the most part unless it was of the guns of which Don's pistols sounded like they were constantly dubbed over with the sound effect of Mr. Eastwoods Magnum, rather than a subsonic .45 ACP round, meaning that you dont get that crack of the bullet going supersonic in close quarters
Do you know this for a fact, that they used a dubbed sound for the Bren 10?

Yep it is the Sony CD changer that I don't use. No my car did not have a turbo. I meant that it was sold with things that are no longer there such as the Holley and with Car 4 sold with a turbo that had also been removed at some point. I remember the glass packs back in the day but really the Daytona doesn't need them as it has no mufflers other than in the tips of the tailpipes. Yep I wait until at least 175F or so before I do any hard revving. I'm more concerned about it running at 230+ in the summer of 2010 before a new mechanic fixed the backward running electric fan. I don't know if Car 4 had the door locks on the doors as mine only has a power lock switch on the center console. Actually mine is easy to break into as all you would need to do is unsnap the top at the back' date=' flip the seatback forward and reach the unlock switch. I have done it when I left my door lock key at home. Have a look at my previous post with pics.Well I would like to get my color close to the color in the Show car as it was in season 2. Seems a bit darker than Car 4 is today but not sure. yes when the dash is exchanged I will change the interior windshield trim from black to tan. May need CameraDaytona to weigh in on this. Do you know this for a fact' date=' that they used a dubbed sound for the Bren 10?[/quote'']Not for a fact but it certainly sounds like it did as I do not remember that glock 20 10mm I fired sounding anything like eastwoods model 29 in the movies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLBZ69dVzWsand Don's 645 sounded like the bren ten which sounded like it was dubbed using the magnum sound for eastwoods magnum which was probably pulled out of an audio library for that kind of thingas even in the hottest, strongest of load that go supersonic (1,100 fps) a 10mm does not sound like that
and yeah 230 and above thats boiling point with the thing and the hollys can be tempermental or just require the occasional tuning and maybe the owner didnt want to deal with it anymore so he switched it over the rochester one? or wanted to see about saving gas and just looking cool rather than taking care of his car and enjoying it towards the end of his use of it. and well then if its that easy to break into I guess that explains why they say that a vette only lasts about 5 minutes in new york parked along the side of the roadconsidering its battery position too which might make it easy to hotwire, not sure about that but atleast nowadays we do have battery disconnects but still in new york all they'd have to do is get in and pull the handbrake to load it on a flat bed or in the back of a truck hence why they say its so key to keep people out of the interior period, plus having a gps tracker installed that runs independant of the other systems and alarms.hell that was the only way they stopped that rental black and tan 458 from being shipped to china recently that they posted about on the BBC, had a gps tracker on, car had been rented legally by some person with a fake name and they were wondering why it was sititing on the docks all of that time, was set to be put next to a bunch of other exotics on the container ship that they only found after checking where it was supposed to be loaded on the ship.
I do hope CameraDaytona can weigh in on his leather color as I am holding on the re-dye until I decide on color choice. The more I see his car the color does seem lighter than mine. Maybe Saddle was chosen for mine because of the siginificant amount of black used in my interior on the dash' date=' seat backs, and trim to provide less of a contrast. I think this is a reflector as mine and those for sale are in the folowing pics. I think they are removable if you take off the outer main lens. The screen cap in No Exit looks to be missing the horse but not 100% sure. [ATTACH=CONFIG']6299[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6300[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6301[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6302[/ATTACH]Interesting about the stock colors. So your interior is as light as the Volo car? The volo car interior to me had a grayish tint to it or maybe was the lighting. That one shot from Car 4 rear deck area did seem pretty light to me.From my interior pics in the earlier post #1299 above JN, do you think my interior is a darker color?To me the screenshots of Car 4 have more of a tan or saddle color to them than that rear deck shot Kavinsky posted above. Is it possible that Carl lightened the interior color when he took the car after the show?Yeah I have definitely heard the Ferrari dubbing but at times I can hear the V8 rumble in other scenes as well, now that my ear is tuned to how my own car sounds. With no muffler the revving on the V8 is still pretty cool.
I thought the volo car looked a touch greyish as well, like I said it doesnt seem too disimilar to how deer look and with car 4 there thats with the full force of the sun shining down on there back in a place close to the equator with 30 year old film stock and the difference between that and modern film can be quite shocking, only way to know would be to have both cars side by side in the same lighting conditions in a controled enviroment nowadaysand with car 4 there Jurrasic said that it wasnt carl who worked on car 4 after it was retired, that was his brother whos passed on I believe plus what the customer before camera might have had done to the car in the meantime, although I cant imagine the dash being redone as well, I mean if it was the thing would have been taken apart and well I'd be quite surprised that no one who worked on it documented the process and how it was constructedalthough I'm starting to think that someone started by putting a ferrari like insturment housing to house the 78 - 82 insturments, lined it up with the rest of the dash and went from there, cutting up another dash to line up the rest of the dash with the ending point by the center console to the other end of the dash and then forming a dash pad that fit it.actually makes me wonder if it could be done by splicing up a mcburnie insturment cluster into a 78 dash.with the lense I think it would make alot of sense if it wasnt there as markadian didnt market the thing as a daytona replica, that it was his own car that was mimicing a ferrari which is actually how rowley dodged the ferrari lawsuit bullet plus the markadian markings on the seats in the pilot, as it was the production crew that rebadged the cars for the pilot as ferraris.its just that well with it being badged as such and the shows popularity they just decided to roll with it.

I thought the volo car looked a touch greyish as well' date=' like I said it doesnt seem too disimilar to how deer look and with car 4 there thats with the full force of the sun shining down on there back in a place close to the equator with 30 year old film stock and the difference between that and modern film can be quite shocking, only way to know would be to have both cars side by side in the same lighting conditions in a controled enviroment nowadaysalthough I'm starting to think that someone started by putting a ferrari like insturment housing to house the 78 - 82 insturments, lined it up with the rest of the dash and went from there, cutting up another dash to line up the rest of the dash with the ending point by the center console to the other end of the dash and then forming a dash pad that fit it.actually makes me wonder if it could be done by splicing up a mcburnie insturment cluster into a 78 dash.with the lense I think it would make alot of sense if it wasnt there as markadian didnt market the thing as a daytona replica, that it was his own car that was mimicing a ferrari which is actually how rowley dodged the ferrari lawsuit bullet plus the markadian markings on the seats in the pilot, as it was the production crew that rebadged the cars for the pilot as ferraris.its just that well with it being badged as such and the shows popularity they just decided to roll with it.[/quote']I agree on the lenses, the car was intended to be a Mardikian, not a Ferrari clone. The dash is a fiberglass fabrication, but since McBurnie had not made a dash-or a complete car for that matter-at the time Car 4 was redone, I think Cichetti faricated the dash around the C3 78-82 instruments. Rowley missed the lawsuit for a couple of reasons. 1-No matter how much money you have a lawfirm can bleed your dry, and Ferrari had gone through extended litigation with McBurnie and Roberts. 2-Rowley cars looked the most like real Ferraris, but Rowley saw the handwritting on the wall and included instuctions to buyers to not change the markings on the car from the RWOLEY GTC logos provided.As to the color, my car is light camel, but Camera Daytona and I took pictures of the car when we were at Carl Roberts shop a couple of years ago and if I didn't know better I would swear the car had a pink tint to it. All the pictures had the interior looking like fresh ground beef-okay not quite that bad, but pink!

I think this is a reflector as mine and those for sale are in the folowing pics. I think they are removable if you take off the outer main lens. The screen cap in No Exit looks to be missing the horse but not 100% sure. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6300[/ATTACH]QUOTE]Any idea where I can obtain a set of those turn signals?I also need a left front bumper..........

I thought the volo car looked a touch greyish as well, like I said it doesnt seem too disimilar to how deer look and with car 4 there thats with the full force of the sun shining down on there back in a place close to the equator with 30 year old film stock and the difference between that and modern film can be quite shocking, only way to know would be to have both cars side by side in the same lighting conditions in a controled enviroment nowadays

Am definitely interested in opinions here by you, Jurassic and Camera especially about the color of Car 4 during the show run. To me, Car 4 does look significantly lighter in its present state vs the screen shots I see from various episodes back in the day. The screen shots look to be more of a medium brown, perhaps the saddle color or camel mentioned by JN. But definitely more of a medium than a light color. Wondering whether you all think my interior is closer to the screen shots or is darker.

actually makes me wonder if it could be done by splicing up a mcburnie insturment cluster into a 78 dash.

Not getting you on this.

with the lense I think it would make alot of sense if it wasnt there as markadian didnt market the thing as a daytona replica, that it was his own car that was mimicing a ferrari which is actually how rowley dodged the ferrari lawsuit bullet plus the markadian markings on the seats in the pilot, as it was the production crew that rebadged the cars for the pilot as ferraris.

Makes sense that the reflector may be plain as I don't recall other Ferrari markings except the chrome script Ferrari on the trunk lid. Maybe that was added by the production crew as well and I don't recall any other Ferrari markings.

I think this is a reflector as mine and those for sale are in the folowing pics. I think they are removable if you take off the outer main lens. The screen cap in No Exit looks to be missing the horse but not 100% sure. [ATTACH=CONFIG]6300[/ATTACH]QUOTE]Any idea where I can obtain a set of those turn signals?I also need a left front bumper..........
Sure' date=' right where I found the pics: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160778630367?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=160778630367&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&vxp=mtrBreak out your piggy bank.

I agree on the lenses' date=' the car was intended to be a Mardikian, not a Ferrari clone. The dash is a fiberglass fabrication, but since McBurnie had not made a dash-or a complete car for that matter-at the time Car 4 was redone, I think Cichetti faricated the dash around the C3 78-82 instruments.[/quote'] Makes sense to me.
As to the color, my car is light camel, but Camera Daytona and I took pictures of the car when we were at Carl Roberts shop a couple of years ago and if I didn't know better I would swear the car had a pink tint to it. All the pictures had the interior looking like fresh ground beef-okay not quite that bad, but pink!
Hmm I can't visualize light camel but how does it compare to the outside pics I took of my seats? A pink tinge? How pastel-like. Sounds like the interior had to at least be redyed then after the show run, if not recovered.