The Ferrari Daytonas of Miami Vice

jurassic narc

Wow..how in the world did CD manage to obtain legal docs from Universal to Markidian? So he has the ACTUAL serial number then of the donor '76 Vette used to build the Stunt car?

Would be interested to see those docs for sure, even privately.  

Ok on the Roberts molds..I wasn't sure if he was forced (by the courts) to destroy those before he built the Speed Zone car (released in 1989). So do we know whether anyone obtained the serial number from the frame or drivetrain of the car at Volo to compare to CD's documents? I would think that would be proof enough for Volo to withdraw their claims on having the Vice car.

And Souter was the Seller to Volo, correct? Did CD see any paperwork from the Seller to Volo?

Also wasn't aware Roberts first tried building the stunt Testa from Car1 as well...so do you know what he did with the torn down Car1 frame and body?

Camera Daytona saw the VIN on the Volo car, and told them their car was a fake.  They chose to ignore him and continue to claim the car is THE CAR.

Roberts court case was not decide until late 1990.  

Carl sold the Car 1 body on several occasions.  I can name at least two others who were told by Carl they own the other Miami Vice car.  One of them now has an alligator skin interior and seat covers (sorry, Elvis!).

• Haha 1

Actually they stuck a Ferrari badge on the nose, the full sized prancing horse emblem

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rabogliatti/5202714156

and you can tell by the photo that the stitching for the seats is all wrong, plus its got the one cube headlights on it. From the latter series of cars instead of the 2 x 2's and the interior is very brownish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSa6zV448-o

and those mirrors, I think there off a ford mustang.

with the denied claim thing its possible they got it mixed up with Magnum PI, as I believe they asked ferrari to provide the cars and were denied, although supposedly they were looking at the 928 but Tom's height would have prevented that

hell he barely fit in the ferrari, hence why in the pilot episode he jetisons the T tops over the engine lid, although I cant help but wonder what kinda scratches that left on the bodywork (shutters)

and I do remember hearing somewhere that the 50 K thing was geniune, as it was double the price of the Normal vette back then and it fits with the information given here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_%28C4%29

and you gotta remember the cars originally had turbos on them, so it was a new body with chrome/ aluminiumn (something that was seldome seen on this side of the atlantic past 1975, but prevalent in Europe still ala the Aston Martin V8) redone interior, and modified engine mechanicals, including the electric cooling fans, which I think werent stock.

unless in the 1978 overhaul by the guy who took over after Zora had them switch it over to electric cooling fans instead of something running off of the clutch plate.

so it kinda makes sense, plus I remember hearing that the Ferrari 308 was 70K back then, the Testarossa 90K and the countach was 120 around the middle of the 1980's, so 50 K would fit within that price bracket.

Plus turbocharging was a big deal back then, the Lotus Esprit Turbo, the Porsche 930, Audi UR quattro, the 959, 308/288/F40 all turbocharged at one point or another

hell even GM got involved with the Buick GNX and the Corvette C4, Offering a Turbocharged C4 by Calaway with a GM waranty in 1987

so Turbocharging a C3 in 1981 seemed like the cool thing to do, plus its free horsepower more or less although you have to set it up properly to get it to work right without damaging the motor like they did here

and you gotta figure that you can loose/gain 20% extra power based on how well your cars drivetrain, exhaust and engine are setup. 

Edited by Kavinsky

and heres the image of car 1 jurrasic had from a news paper clipping back then, check out the photo of the engine bay

edit: attachments not working again, says its full, no way to clear it from here I think

it looks just like the turbo here on this GM motor the roadkill guys setup here

Edited by Kavinsky

I think it is the TH 350 that came in the 1981 Corvette which was the donor chassis.  It is definitely not the TH 700.

Thanks for letting me know.

BTW, what color is the engine block?  

I went to the museum website but of course they are silent on the provenance of the car, much the same as Volo. No interior shots that I can find...but the mirrors are wrong, as is the front badging (silver chrome??), the seats, and spinners as well. Can't make out much else from their shots.

The author of the Wiki article must have been reading the forum here on some of the details, though I never heard of his claim that Ferrari denied the producers requests for genuine Ferraris. I'd always read that the MV transportation scout named Haggerty spotted the Markidian Daytonas and decided on them based on their much lower cost vs genuine Daytonas.

I also never heard of a $49000 selling price to Universal from Markidian...maybe CD's documents support that.

The $49,000 quote is from an article about Carl Roberts that was posted several years back.  Not sure if it is still on the site.

The $49,000 quote is from an article about Carl Roberts that was posted several years back.  Not sure if it is still on the site.

Was surprised by that amount, especially since it is in early 80s dollars which carry a much higher value than today.

Camera Daytona saw the VIN on the Volo car, and told them their car was a fake.  They chose to ignore him and continue to claim the car is THE CAR.

Roberts court case was not decide until late 1990.  

Carl sold the Car 1 body on several occasions.  I can name at least two others who were told by Carl they own the other Miami Vice car.  One of them now has an alligator skin interior and seat covers (sorry, Elvis!).

So the Volo car came from Souter, I think? From what I saw about his car there seemed to be no provenance or documentation. I would assume for purposes of Speed Zone, Souter and/or Volo should have been able to request title docs issued by Roberts to the studio. Wondering if CD ever saw those when he was at Volo?

Re  it being used in Vice, so then Camera Daytona presented copies of his legal docs to Volo and still they refused to accept reality. Unbelievable.

And to think some years back they were asking I think around $160K for that car! I still haven't made the drive up there but I need to have this discussion with them.

Wonder if CD would share his title doc copies?

That's funny about Roberts telling multiple buyers that they were getting a car used in Vice..and I'm sure he could spin a story given that he did actually have possession of the real cars at one time. What's your best guess about what happened to both the body and the frame of Car1?

Seriously....an alligator skin interior and set of seat covers? Do you have any photos of that? 

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

So the Volo car came from Souter, I think? From what I saw about his car there seemed to be no provenance or documentation. I would assume for purposes of Speed Zone, Souter and/or Volo should have been able to request title docs issued by Roberts to the studio. Wondering if CD ever saw those when he was at Volo?

Re  it being used in Vice, so then Camera Daytona presented copies of his legal docs to Volo and still they refused to accept reality. Unbelievable.

And to think some years back they were asking I think around $160K for that car! I still haven't made the drive up there but I need to have this discussion with them.

Wonder if CD would share his title doc copies?

That's funny about Roberts telling multiple buyers that they were getting a car used in Vice..and I'm sure he could spin a story given that he did actually have possession of the real cars at one time. What's your best guess about what happened to both the body and the frame of Car1?

Seriously....an alligator skin interior and set of seat covers? Do you have any photos of that? 

Here is the link:  http://www.mmhotrodinteriors.com/whitelb.html

CD and I talked to this guy on the phone several years ago.  He said Carl sold him the other Miami VIce car.  Carl mentioned one other guy who was under the impression his car was the 76 Daytona.  But the frame for the car is still in Carl's shop.  The body is God knows where.

As far as CD's documents, I have only seen them in person.  He is reluctant to put them on the net as sophisticated software could change the numbers around and make any car the official car.  I agree with him.  We both know the location of the serial numbers for both cars.  CD has one car and Carl Roberts has the only part of the other car that can be proven.

There you have it.

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me know.

BTW, what color is the engine block?  

Black, it was the standard color for those GM motors back then.

With that other car I get the feeling he was trying to recreate that RC car they sold under the miami vice banner years back that had big drag radials like that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1985-GALOOB-CAN-Miami-Vice-FERRARI-SPIDER-DAYTONA-Slot-Car-Unused-SetOnly-/160979406138?pt=Slot_Cars&hash=item257b1ecd3a

I do like the recreation mcburnie grill on it actually, and its a damn pitty that the seller has taken down the video of it I found awhile back

its crazy but hey when someone is that crazy and unique with something like that you cant help but admire it, and I'd really like to know what he did to the windshield too.

also I just found this while doing the search:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DON-JOHNSON-11X14-PHOTO-IN-CONVERTIBLE-OPEN-TOP-SPORTS-CAR-MIAMI-VICE-/160719876013?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256ba6afad

and I guess the caps on the mirrors were painted a thin gloss black like we saw during the hitlist part 1 at the end of it?

I must admit though I think it seems like if you have the mirrors above the body it would look best in its original look as it lines up with the matt black paint of the windshield Jurrasic and you could always just paint them latter.

also I gotta wonder to myself here with the chrome for the windshield, would that take to ceracoating it to match the black windshield trim? that kind of thing they do for gunslides and knives nowadays, or even just beadblasting it to give it that sort of mattish finish the black frame already has.

and I'm not surprised no ones found that photo before, as it looks like a Candid shot of don waiting for Filming to start, and he's a little pissed off about it lol

and yeah I would keep the documents hidden too, you never know these days, as we already see how many fakes are out there daily and toted as the original vice cars.

also I guess I'd better post this before I forget, its of a Carl Roberts Car, you can tell by the thinned at the bottom flares and the door handles that Jurrasics car has

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl8yCKacoz4&feature=player_embedded

and its got a real Nardi wood wheel on it, plus the arm rests look to be the same as the ones on Car 4 nowadays, maybe Carl got the door trim from Rowley and put that arm rest on it?

and heres what the Full sized tornados look like on a Porsche 930 series painted to match the body.

and as a Final aside I think I've got the right tire rim combo worked out in my mind, 225/60/R16's sitting on 7 to 7.5 inch wide 16 inch rims in the front, and 8 inch wide 16 inch tall rear rims on 235/60 R16's

plus ironically the Testarossa used 225's in the front, 255's in the rear sitting on 16 inch rims.

8 wide in the front, 10 in the rear, atleast from what I could decipher here at 2:21

Edited by Kavinsky

also I guess I'd better post this before I forget, its of a Carl Roberts Car, you can tell by the thinned at the bottom flares and the door handles that Jurrasics car has

and its got a real Nardi wood wheel on it, plus the arm rests look to be the same as the ones on Car 4 nowadays, maybe Carl got the door trim from Rowley and put that arm rest on it?

That is for sure a Carl Roberts Car.  Maybe the best one I've ever seen.  Crazy that it ended up in California.  You can see the gas tank is right behind the passenger seats, the battery is relocated to the front, and the aftermarket A/C is used.  By far one of his best.  The door panels are from Carl as well.  The speaker enclosure is wrong for Rowley as is the shape of the striped insert.

Here is the link:  http://www.mmhotrodinteriors.com/whitelb.html

CD and I talked to this guy on the phone several years ago.  He said Carl sold him the other Miami VIce car.  Carl mentioned one other guy who was under the impression his car was the 76 Daytona.  But the frame for the car is still in Carl's shop.  The body is God knows where.

As far as CD's documents, I have only seen them in person.  He is reluctant to put them on the net as sophisticated software could change the numbers around and make any car the official car.  I agree with him.  We both know the location of the serial numbers for both cars.  CD has one car and Carl Roberts has the only part of the other car that can be proven.

There you have it.

But again...was it confirmed that Souter guy sold his car to Volo?

Thanks for  the link, that is truly the wildest thing I have ever seen in a Daytona interior. :p  Alligator trim in the interior!!

And did you see the huge rear wheels and jacked up rear end? Also looks like he had a very unique customized job done on the dash and doors.

He states his car is a '69 and if he knew the history of the cars, he should know he would have to have a '76 title for the car for it to be Car1. And Roberts sold him the car with the understanding it was Car1, at the same time telling others the same thing but admitting to you that he still retained the Car1 frame. Too funny.

I understand the concern over sharing show car Title info publicly for sure...and I wouldn't put it in here in open forum. For the same reasons I have not posted all the McBurnie original sale/purchase paperwork that accompanied my car.

I might do it though using a photo editor to remove VIN and other pertinent info naming the original buyer.

sounds like theres some misinformation even in that, why would car 4 be in a museum in TN? is he, the author of that, getting that mixed up with when the car was on loan to a Mall of which jurrasic has photos of? 

as from what I can remember, carl had car 4, his brother changed over the Power Mirrors to the Baby tornado ones, probably removed the center console trim because of that and put back on the standard shift knob, then the car went to another owner before Camera

where that sound system was put in, probably prompting the redo of the doors as the speakers were in them in the show, and then they were moved to the area behind the driver.

in addition to some misc changes to the small details externally.

Power mirrors? I recall seeing the Tornados already on in Screen shots.

and heres the image of car 1 jurrasic had from a news paper clipping back then, check out the photo of the engine bay

edit: attachments not working again, says its full, no way to clear it from here I think

it looks just like the turbo here on this GM motor the roadkill guys setup here

Would like to see that photo you have of the Car1 engine bay and body.

Yeah it was from an ebay ad from a few months ago, I just let it slip my mind and while looking for the photos and video of the drag daytona came across it burried in my automotive links.

Hmm I didnt know the battery had been moved to the engine bay actually, and chances are because its using a latter engine this car must have been in cali since the late 1980's. Since if you bring one of those in with the latter engine they'll force you to switch it back over to a carbed engine

unless the engine switch was done in state I think

like what happened with one poor guy who got his dream car being a vice head like us, moved to cali and was told by the state that either you switch the engine back or you cant drive it.

the usual California crazyness, and to think MA is starting to get just as bad as they are.

Edited by Kavinsky

That is for sure a Carl Roberts Car.  Maybe the best one I've ever seen.  Crazy that it ended up in California.  You can see the gas tank is right behind the passenger seats, the battery is relocated to the front, and the aftermarket A/C is used.  By far one of his best.  The door panels are from Carl as well.  The speaker enclosure is wrong for Rowley as is the shape of the striped insert.

Beautiful car for sure and great condition but I could not make out the gas tank behind the passenger seats. Where did you spot it?

To me the Roberts car is hard to differentiate from MCB's.

Beautiful car for sure and great condition but I could not make out the gas tank behind the passenger seats. Where did you spot it?

To me the Roberts car is hard to differentiate from MCB's.

about 3:10, normally that area is flat and serves as the area where the battery sits, and the major tell tale signs are the mazda instead of alfa romeo door handles, which Jurrasic is having switched over

and the flares I noticed were reduced in thickness towards the botom, to give it a more swooping feel to it, however at the top and under the nose its roughtly the same, albiet just slightly thinner.

plus the windshield trim, its a two piece deal with chrome under it, jurrasic took it off his initally when it came to the chrome and perfomed the full switch over a few months or a year or so ago.

but that piece itself is a carl roberts only job, plus the door rests which mean that the Door panels of Car 4 had to of been switched over by Carls shop or someone sourced out the arm rest and mated it with a Rowley door panel.

also interestingly enough that speaker looks like the one the car had in the show

and Yeah we found out via a photo I took awhile back on the phone thread that the Daytona had POWER mirrors, the Full Sized Tornado ones are power mirrors and inadvertently during the red rider scene in tales of the Goat Jurrasic noticed the power mirror switches under the handbrake at 1:37

the chrome and black nobs there which line up with the ebay ad of the NOS mirrors and the relay

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

With the newspaper print I believe Jurrasic said it was and I just saved it, and then when I saw the roadkill episode I was like hey wait a minute havent I seen that before?

also I should mention this fills in the blanks abit, the relays for the tornado mirrors went under the center console, meaning that if someone was to switch over to the standard baby tornado mirrors like what happened with Car 4 you'd probably have to pull them from not only on the console but the doors themselves

which might have prompted the redoing of the doors, which used to have a functioning door light on them as well, so all three things were redone, the doorlight removed, the mirrors switched over to non power ones and the speakers were moved to behind the seats which I believe either camera or jurrasic said was in 1990

why I think that or remember that is beyond me but that's how I remember hearing about the CD system now on the car.

oh that and the switch over from the vacumn controled mercedes controls to the standard vette ones too I believe.

Edited by Kavinsky

about 3:10, normally that area is flat and serves as the area where the battery sits, and the major tell tale signs are the mazda instead of alfa romeo door handles, which Jurrasic is having switched over

and the flares I noticed were reduced in thickness towards the botom, to give it a more swooping feel to it, however at the top and under the nose its roughtly the same, albiet just slightly thinner.

plus the windshield trim, its a two piece deal with chrome under it, jurrasic took it off his initally when it came to the chrome and perfomed the full switch over a few months or a year or so ago.

but that piece itself is a carl roberts only job, plus the door rests which mean that the Door panels of Car 4 had to of been switched over by Carls shop or someone sourced out the arm rest and mated it with a Rowley door panel.

also interestingly enough that speaker looks like the one the car had in the show

and Yeah we found out via a photo I took awhile back on the phone thread that the Daytona had POWER mirrors, the Full Sized Tornado ones are power mirrors and inadvertently during the red rider scene in tales of the Goat Jurrasic noticed the power mirror switches under the handbrake at 1:37

the chrome and black nobs there which line up with the ebay ad of the NOS mirrors and the relay

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

With the newspaper print I believe Jurrasic said it was and I just saved it, and then when I saw the roadkill episode I was like hey wait a minute havent I seen that before?

also I should mention this fills in the blanks abit, the relays for the tornado mirrors went under the center console, meaning that if someone was to switch over to the standard baby tornado mirrors like what happened with Car 4 you'd probably have to pull them from not only on the console but the doors themselves

which might have prompted the redoing of the doors, which used to have a functioning door light on them as well, so all three things were redone, the doorlight removed, the mirrors switched over to non power ones and the speakers were moved to behind the seats which I believe either camera or jurrasic said was in 1990

why I think that or remember that is beyond me but that's how I remember hearing about the CD system now on the car.

oh that and the switch over from the vacumn controled mercedes controls to the standard vette ones too I believe.

On the mirrors, remember I mentioned a long time ago that I thought the show car mirrors were bigger than my baby Tornados? So maybe these power ones are slightly larger and could explain it.  

How did you confirm the power switches exist in the show cars?

As to the Roberts car here..it looks like the back open deck is closed off...but if that is a gas tank, then where does the conver top retract to? Must be an unusual shape tank to allow the conv top frame to retract.

I noticed it did not have rear side marker lights, and the dash was different than mine. Have to go check the wheel flares on mine to see what you are getting at about thickness.  Hadn't noticed the windshield trim (can't make that out) or door handles before..but I can see the difference in handles now. Also noted the power antenna is on the RR instead of LR as on mine.

I do like the seats in this car.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

its just a hunch really, but the power switches for the windows are directly infront of it, and that area on a normal vette is left blank and looks like a coin storing area on this 1979 car

Eingefügtes Bild

plus those power mirrors were apparently used on other italian cars including the ferrari 400 and some of the alfas, so seeing as the door handles were from an alfa it would make sense that it was taken from one as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VITALONI-POWER-MIRROR-SWITCH-Alfa-Romeo-Spider-GTV-6-Ferrari-Maserati-80s-/111210447686?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e4a8c346&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alfa-Romeo-GTV-6-VITALONI-LEFT-SIDE-POWER-MIRROR-driver-door-Alfetta-116-/111079269905?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19dcd72611&vxp=mtr

funny thing is though on the photo of car 3's interior, there is nothing in that spot:

Eingefügtes Bild

if only he had panned up..... hold on a tick, I just got an idea

also I think with the markadian 350 GTS it might have been car 2, not 1 there since car 1 had to be repainted black for the show.

car 3 was red with red stripes on the seat and that theme carried throught.

I think with the top it just sits up there, and doesnt really fold into the deck area of the car, so it leaves that space blank for customization

actually the best way you could tell with the flares is to meet up with Jurrasic actually, do a side by side comparison of the two cars as its never been done before.

I just tried super zooming in on the WIP photo of car 3 we can somewhat see what the top of the seat looks like, just barely

Eingefügtes Bild

maybe its just an octagonal pillow strapped to a 78 seat that's had the middle pad removed front and back? or someone just cut out the foam above where it stops on the stock seat in the middle, leaving the middle flat and then put the pillow ontop after folding the sides inwards?

Edited by Kavinsky

But again...was it confirmed that Souter guy sold his car to Volo?

Yes, the Souter car from the article in Vette magazine went to Volo.

Hi Daytona-Lovers

Sorry about my bad english... I have to tell you a story - and have questions.

There is a seller in Switzerland who says, that he has to sell the real thing (like others too)

Here are some pics:

Daytona1

Daytona2

Daytona3

Daytona4

There are so many things, they dont match with the real thing, i know. But he say, that he is sure. He bought the car in 1988 for about 120'000$

He spent in that time about 100'000$ in that car and rebuild a lot...

The VIN is 1Z37L6S407911. The car is from 1976, that matches with the VIN.

I hope, that i get the documents from the seller, that would be very interessting.

I think, and i know the history of the MV Daytonas, that this is one more fake. It looks nothing like the real deal.

What do you think?

What make that cold be, MCB, Rowley, CCC???

Greetz from Switzerland

Edited by Pritt

its just a hunch really, but the power switches for the windows are directly infront of it, and that area on a normal vette is left blank and looks like a coin storing area on this 1979 car

Eingefügtes Bild

plus those power mirrors were apparently used on other italian cars including the ferrari 400 and some of the alfas, so seeing as the door handles were from an alfa it would make sense that it was taken from one as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VITALONI-POWER-MIRROR-SWITCH-Alfa-Romeo-Spider-GTV-6-Ferrari-Maserati-80s-/111210447686?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e4a8c346&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alfa-Romeo-GTV-6-VITALONI-LEFT-SIDE-POWER-MIRROR-driver-door-Alfetta-116-/111079269905?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19dcd72611&vxp=mtr

funny thing is though on the photo of car 3's interior, there is nothing in that spot:

Eingefügtes Bild

if only he had panned up..... hold on a tick, I just got an idea

also I think with the markadian 350 GTS it might have been car 2, not 1 there since car 1 had to be repainted black for the show.

car 3 was red with red stripes on the seat and that theme carried throught.

I think with the top it just sits up there, and doesnt really fold into the deck area of the car, so it leaves that space blank for customization

actually the best way you could tell with the flares is to meet up with Jurrasic actually, do a side by side comparison of the two cars as its never been done before.

I just tried super zooming in on the WIP photo of car 3 we can somewhat see what the top of the seat looks like, just barely

Eingefügtes Bild

maybe its just an octagonal pillow strapped to a 78 seat that's had the middle pad removed front and back? or someone just cut out the foam above where it stops on the stock seat in the middle, leaving the middle flat and then put the pillow ontop after folding the sides inwards?

As to the mirror switches on the console in the pictures, that one is simple.  No mirrors when the car was at the upholstery shop.

If you watch the scenes with Scotty Wheeler in the pilot (about 3/4 of the way through the pilot episode) you will get a better look at the shape of the seats.  You can even see the Mardikian "M" stitched into the seat.

Hi Daytona-Lovers

Sorry about my bad english... I have to tell you a story - and have questions.

There is a seller in Switzerland who says, that he has to sell the real thing (like others too)

Here are some pics:

There are so many things, they dont match with the real thing, i know. But he say, that he is sure. He bought the car in 1988 for about 120'000$

He spent in that time about 100'000$ in that car and rebuild a lot...

The VIN is 1Z37L6S407911. The car is from 1976, that matches with the VIN.

I hope, that i get the documents from the seller, that would be very interessting.

I think, and i know the history of the MV Daytonas, that this is one more fake. It looks nothing like the real deal.

What do you think?

What make that cold be, MCB, Rowley, CCC???

Greetz from Switzerland

Hate to burst your bubble, but that is not the correct VIN--and that is not one of the show cars.  Interesting to see if your seller is dishonest, or the person who sold to him was a crook.  If you do get "documentation" it would be great if you could post copies.Carl Roberts had both cars and there is documentation to show that is not the car.

It is hard to tell from the pictures, but I think it is a McBurnie.

Edited by jurassic narc

Just a note of explanation.  The Rowley doors are VERY expensive.  They are not the doors used on Car 4 as it sits, either.  Carl made his own version of the Daytona door, with a much bigger void where the striped material goes.  The Rowley door panels were more like the actual Ferrari doors.

And something that I have mentioned in the past, but to always remember is this:  Rowley, Roberts and McBurnie were not friends.  McBurnie made the original molds.  He had Roberts and Rowley as east coast distributors.  Then they took McBurnie's molds and made their own molds slightly modified.  McBurnie felt like they stabbed him in the back.  Rowley didn't get sued out of business like McBurnie and Roberts, so they both hated him.  And Carl got a lot of press by ending up with the MIAMI VICE cars, so everyone hated him.  None of them have anything good to say about the other, CD and I have spoken to all three.

So when you see the interior parts, and the exterior differences, that would be because they each had their own version of the Ferrari interior and body.

Hope that gives you a little better perspective on these cars.