PIZZA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COOPER&BURNETT

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• COOPER&BURNETT

• timm525

• cageyJG

• Richie Rich

I see pepperoni, snausage, assorted peppers, onions, olives... but where are the mushrooms, where?You eat like a champion!

http-~~-//youtu.be/J8gS1xIo2dw

but where are the mushrooms, where?You eat like a champion!

I don't like mushrooms.(It's part of the mold and mildew family don't ya know.:))

I was grossed out by mushrooms until after high school, for (presumably) the same reason you are. Biology class and all - yeah. But then I began to accept them as just another vegetable. They impart a rich, "taste of the earth," and being a bit of an eco-guy (but never call me a 'hippie'), I came to appreciate them. So I stopped thinking they were yucky, kind of like getting over thinking girls were "yucky". Hehe. Sauteed in red wine, perfect with steak... ohhhhh...

What's your "Pick 3"?If I could only pick 3 toppings, it would have to be snausage, mushroom onion. I can no longer stand behind pepperoni as the "leader" topping. Pepperoni has an ego-problem from being too popular over the years.Or I could go2. Hamburger, onion, extra cheese, (herbs - lots of basil from home)3. Pepperoni, Green pepper, black olive4. Chicken, spinach, capers (feta by default!)5. Ham, roasted red peppers, and... pineapple or red onions - tough call. My best ever was Sam's Deli pizza in San Diego - Diced Ham, gouda, creamy mustard snauce, lots of rosemary baked in thar...

Everything sounds great, but for me pepperoni is what makes a pizza for me. It's the ultimate for me. Sometimes, I order extra sauce and pepperoni.I just don't like the taste of mushrooms, not because I joking said it was mold (I love cheese!!). I just don't like the flavor of mushrooms, which is one of the most popular topings on Pizza. I wouldn't want the little fishies on my pizza either, it's just not my thing.There is no right, or wrong way to make, or enjoy a pizza. It's however YOU like it. That's really all that matters.Gawd, I LOVE pizza!!! :thumbsup:

Seaafood pizza is my favourite. But it has to be from the Beach House Hotel, where I live. All fresh ingredients and wood fired. MMMMMMMMMMM. Even better washed down with a few beers.

O.K. everyone, a topic within a topic.Do you eat or like cold Pizza?Do you eat it for breakfast?I personally don't like cold pizza, but I know many do.I have had Pizza for breakfast, but I heat it up in the microwave first.So, Do you like cold Pizza?

Three toppings:One of my favorite pizzas is Stouffer's 3 meat French bread pizza (pepperoni, sausage, and bacon)I have never eaten cold pizza or pizza for breakfast. Came close when "Irene" was a threat. I baked a UNO deep-dish pizza the night before she hit. At about 1PM the next day, I was getting ready to re-heat it and the power went out, but came right back on.If it hadn't, I would have eaten it cold.

I was grossed out by mushrooms until after high school' date=' for (presumably) the same reason you are. Biology class and all - yeah. But then I began to accept them as just another vegetable. They impart a rich, "taste of the earth," and being a bit of an eco-guy (but never call me a 'hippie'), I came to appreciate them. So I stopped thinking they were yucky, kind of like getting over thinking girls were "yucky". Hehe. Sauteed in red wine, perfect with steak... ohhhhh...[/quote']
:cheers: HERE HERE, TO THE HUMBLE MUSHROOM!!! A favourite pizza of mine is simply a pizza covered in nothing else but mushrooms, to experience the full earthy flavour! :happy:

Three toppings:One of my favorite pizzas is Stouffer's 3 meat French bread pizza (pepperoni' date=' sausage, and bacon)I have never eaten cold pizza or pizza for breakfast. Came close when "Irene" was a threat. I baked a UNO deep-dish pizza the night before she hit. At about 1PM the next day, I was getting ready to re-heat it and the power went out, but came right back on.If it hadn't, I would have eaten it cold.[/quote']One vote for no cold pizza.

:cheers: HERE HERE' date=' TO THE HUMBLE MUSHROOM!!! A favourite pizza of mine is simply a pizza covered in nothing else but mushrooms, to experience the full earthy flavour! :happy:[/quote']Mushrooms on Pizza is very popular. I'm in the minority on not liking mushrooms.Do you eat cold Pizza, or Pizza for breakfast?

Do you eat cold Pizza' date=' or Pizza for breakfast?[/quote']Normally, I wouldn't eat it cold - but when I order a pizza and I can't eat it completely, I would eat the remaining slices later on and by that time it's cold. So yes, it happens but it's not my favorite option.As for eating a pizza for breakfast, I don't remember having done than before but yeah, why not?Dunno, I will try it sometime.:thumbsup:

Normally' date=' I wouldn't eat it cold - but when I order a pizza and I can't eat it completely, I would eat the remaining slices later on and by that time it's cold. So yes, it happens but it's not my favorite option.As for eating a pizza for breakfast, I don't remember having done than before but yeah, why not?Dunno, I will try it sometime.:thumbsup:[/quote']You have eaten cold pizza, but not your favorite option.I think that may be a vote for no?

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, nobody has gnoshed on some hot 'za in nearly 3 weeks? (some west coast lingo there for ya, Coop.) Well, I was told it's bad to eat after 8 p.m., so I guess I'll go have a carrot and pretend it's pizza. :cry:

Damn' date=' nobody has gnoshed on some hot 'za in nearly 3 weeks? (some west coast lingo there for ya, Coop.) Well, I was told it's bad to eat after 8 p.m., so I guess I'll go have a carrot and pretend it's pizza. :cry:[/quote']West coast lingo....:)Well, I've had Pizza since, but frozen pizza. It's not the best, but it fills the void. :DMan....I LOVE PIZZA!! :happy:

Mushrooms on Pizza is very popular. I'm in the minority on not liking mushrooms.Do you eat cold Pizza' date=' or Pizza for breakfast?[/quote']
Noooooooooo!!! :eek:I tried a new pizza topping last week, from 'Crust Gourmet Pizza Bar........VEGETARIAN SUPREME:Grilled eggplant, marinated artichokes, baby spinach, roasted capsicum, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes & bocconcini, topped with homemade pesto aioli.:thumbsup:

Do you eat cold Pizza' date=' or Pizza for breakfast?[/quote']Answer to both questions:NO :sick:Since I'm slow at eating, usually the pizza gets cold before I finish it. If I'm home I'll put it back in the oven, if I'm in pizzeria I don't eat it anymore.Seriously, I hate cold pizza.

Noooooooooo!!! :eek:I tried a new pizza topping last week' date=' from 'Crust Gourmet Pizza Bar........[b']VEGETARIAN SUPREME:Grilled eggplant, marinated artichokes, baby spinach, roasted capsicum, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes & bocconcini, topped with homemade pesto aioli.:thumbsup:
Answer to both questions:NO :sick:Since I'm slow at eating' date=' usually the pizza gets cold before I finish it. If I'm home I'll put it back in the oven, if I'm in pizzeria I don't eat it anymore.Seriously, I hate cold pizza.[/quote']This is very interesting. The answers weigh HEAVILY in favor of NO COLD PIZZA.Perhaps I should make this into a poll.

Well.......here we go again. Tonight, I just HAD to have pizza!Once again, I bought two medium pizzas. This one has mushrooms on it. I forgot to ask them not to put it on. ........picked them off every slice. ;):DEingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

Looks like they had a good crust on that. Sometimes I prefer a crunchy crust to a soft one but not always. That is one reason I prefer to make my own. If I want it soft I can pull it early or leave it in longer if I want it crunchy. Saves the trouble of telling the pizza dude how you want it cooked over the phone! ;)