T.V. shows you're watching!

cageyJG

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You must have burnt out 40 DVD players by now, with a collection library that large!  
Some of your titles I endorse, and am surprised you've been waiting so long and not gotten them yet.  
Though I do admit my purchase of Jag Complete Seasons Box, and Rockford Files Complete Seasons took YEARS before someone finally made a Box design that impressed me enough.   Mill Creek's Box of the Rockford Files is the essential image of Jimmy and his car!  

Vegas, YES.  I was shocked just how good and well written their episodes were, compared with the other shows at the time.  Wasn't Yerkovich involved in that too?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Augusta said:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You must have burnt out 40 DVD players by now, with a collection library that large!  
Some of your titles I endorse, and am surprised you've been waiting so long and not gotten them yet.  
Though I do admit my purchase of Jag Complete Seasons Box, and Rockford Files Complete Seasons took YEARS before someone finally made a Box design that impressed me enough.   Mill Creek's Box of the Rockford Files is the essential image of Jimmy and his car!  

Vegas, YES.  I was shocked just how good and well written their episodes were, compared with the other shows at the time.  Wasn't Yerkovich involved in that too?

Lol...believe it or not I still have a couple of my original DVD/VHS combo machines (from like 2001 or so) and they still work! :dance: However, they’re hooked up in basement family rooms on older TVs & aren’t used as much anymore. But, between official sets of shows, or bootleg sets I’ve gotten (if official ones were never released), I’ve watched a lot of TV over the years! :funky: 

VEGA$ was very well done & written for its time, and I was very pleased when official DVD sets were finally released! I originally got a bootleg set of reruns off the cable network fx-(later capitalized FX). The quality was good for what it was, but the eventual official releases are so much better!

I’m not sure about Anthony Yerkovich being involved with it...but, Michael Mann is who created VEGA$ & the character of Dan Tanna! He originally envisioned Tanna as a much darker, brooding character, who struggled some with alcohol. I wonder who that sounds like?? ;) However, executive producer Aaron Spelling didn’t like those ideas for the character, and he took over and changed the show to what it was. For the time, and how detective shows were at that time on TV, I actually think that spelling was right for VEGA$. Plus, Mann was able to use the same ideas for the character of Crockett on MV, just a few years later & the popularity of it exploded! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm watching that Outer Range show on Amazon on my dad's recommendation that it's interesting. Not really sure it's my thing and don't know where it'll take me but there's a funny moment when one of the character sings both parts of the Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush song Don't give up. It features a few famous hits every episode.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Started to relive my childhood by watching the cop show ADAM-12.  Created by Jack Webb,  The same man who produced and starred in the classic Dragnet.  This was an enjoyable show and a ratings success about two police officers in Los Angeles (one a long time veteran who takes on training a new officer).  At the end of each show we see in the closing credits that all the stories portrayed were true but the names were changed to protect the innocent.  Fun to watch as a kid and still enjoyable to watch 50 years later. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vicefan7777 said:

Started to relive my childhood by watching the cop show ADAM-12.  Created by Jack Webb,  The same man who produced and starred in the classic Dragnet.  This was an enjoyable show and a ratings success about two police officers in Los Angeles (one a long time veteran who takes on training a new officer).  At the end of each show we see in the closing credits that all the stories portrayed were true but the names were changed to protect the innocent.  Fun to watch as a kid and still enjoyable to watch 50 years later. 

I believe one of the stars of ADAM-12 was previously also one of the stars of Route 66...Martin Milner. 

3 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

I believe one of the stars of ADAM-12 was previously also one of the stars of Route 66...Martin Milner. 

Good catch!  Yes he was in Route 66.  You win a gold star. 

• Like 1

Watching "Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes" on Netflix.

Bundy is a mystery to me, what was his motive for killing? he was intelligent, good looking, had a good upbringing, his parents were hardworking, decent people. 

I can understand why deranged killers, Dean Corll, Gary Ridgeway and Dahmer killed but not Bundy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

Watching "Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes" on Netflix.

Bundy is a mystery to me, what was his motive for killing? he was intelligent, good looking, had a good upbringing, his parents were hardworking, decent people. 

I can understand why deranged killers, Dean Corll, Gary Ridgeway and Dahmer killed but not Bundy. 

I’ve seen this advertised on Netflix, but haven’t watched it yet. But, I’ve seen other documentaries on Ted Bundy & other serial killers.

We have to remember that sometimes there is no motive or specific reason for killing...sadly & “scarily” sometimes they kill just to kill...their only motive is the thrill they get while doing it. The scariest ones are the ones who don’t have a specific emo, or specific target-base/group. They’re harder to figure out & catch because the victims are more random.

You can try and view it in different ways or aspects...but, like it or not some people are actually evil. We may not know why or how they became like they are...but there’s no reasoning with them or appealing to their conscience. They don’t have one...they don’t feel or care about right from wrong. They’re what society now calls a sociopath.

Edited by ViceFanMan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ViceFanMan said:

I’ve seen this advertised on Netflix, but haven’t watched it yet. But, I’ve seen other documentaries on Ted Bundy & other serial killers.

We have to remember that sometimes there is no motive or specific reason for killing...sadly & “scarily” sometimes they kill just to kill...their only motive is the thrill they get while doing it. The scariest ones are the ones who don’t have s specific emo, or specific target-base/group. They’re harder to figure out & catch because the victims are more random.

You can try and view it in different ways or aspects...but, like it or not some people are actually evil. We may not know why or how they became like they are...but there’s no reasoning with them or appealing to their conscience. They don’t have one...they don’t feel or care about right from wrong. They’re what society now calls a sociopath.

But in most cases they have horrible childhoods. Bundy didn't, just don't get him.

Gary Ridgway and Ed Kemper were both abused by their mothers, John Wayne Gacy as a child was taunted every day by his father. Richard Ramirez hit the frontal lobe and that effected his thinking and his cousin who was a serial killer himself who played a big part in his upbringing, showing him graphics photos he brought back after his killing spree of innocent people in Vietnam. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

But in most cases they have horrible childhoods. Bundy didn't, just don't get him.

Gary Ridgway and Ed Kemper were both abused by their mothers, John Wayne Gacy as a child was taunted every day by his father. Richard Ramirez hit the frontal lobe and that effected his thinking and his cousin who was a serial killer himself who played a big part in his upbringing, showing him graphics photos he brought back after his killing spree of innocent people in Vietnam. 

True, lots of times they had horrible, abusive childhoods...and this of course can have a huge impact on what they became. But, not every person who had a terrible or abusive childhood becomes a serial killer. And believe it or not, not all serial killers had a horrible childhood. Sometimes there doesn’t appear to be a definite reason. Those to me are more scary! :eek:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started watching season 4 of Stranger Things.  Only up to the second episode and it is truly a winner!  This season is taking place during the 1985-86 school year.  The character Eleven has lost all her powers and must deal with high school bullies.  I am really impressed with Millie Bobby Brown's acting. Many new characters are introduced along with old favorites. This show is creepy and weird.  COVID delayed the release of the new season for over a year. BUT it was worth the long wait to see this!!  

I've really got to start Stranger Things!  Everyone says I will enjoy it, and as a product of the 80s it looks like something up my alley.  Maybe I'll start it after I finish Cobra Kai.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Vigilante said:

I've really got to start Stranger Things!  Everyone says I will enjoy it, and as a product of the 80s it looks like something up my alley.  Maybe I'll start it after I finish Cobra Kai.

My brother swears I’ll love Cobra Kai...I’ll have to check it out soon! But, I’m a little hesitant about Stranger Things. I’ll be honest and say that sci-fi is not my thing...”supernatural” is one thing & I can handle that, but Sci-fi is another. I’ve heard ST is more along the alien/alternate universe/sci-fi lines...and I’m not sure I’d like that? 

10 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

My brother swears I’ll love Cobra Kai...I’ll have to check it out soon! But, I’m a little hesitant about Stranger Things. I’ll be honest and say that sci-fi is not my thing...”supernatural” is one thing & I can handle that, but Sci-fi is another. I’ve heard ST is more along the alien/alternate universe/sci-fi lines...and I’m not sure I’d like that? 

I just finished the first seven episodes of the 4th season.  It has not lost any appeal since my wife and I started watching it.  ViceFanMan I have watched many films based upon your recommendation.  Especially the Film Noir picks.  Even if Sci-fi is not your thing give this show a watch.  The 80's refences are so freaking cool.  It was easy to get attached to the children characters.  At the very least, watched the very first episode.  I was hooked right away.  I may be biased because I lived through that era, but I recommend you watch it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vicefan7777 said:

I just finished the first seven episodes of the 4th season.  It has not lost any appeal since my wife and I started watching it.  ViceFanMan I have watched many films based upon your recommendation.  Especially the Film Noir picks.  Even if Sci-fi is not your thing give this show a watch.  The 80's refences are so freaking cool.  It was easy to get attached to the children characters.  At the very least, watched the very first episode.  I was hooked right away.  I may be biased because I lived through that era, but I recommend you watch it. 

I lived that era, too and I’ve heard the 80s references are pretty good...that’s why I’ve really thought about watching it, but I didn’t know how I’d like the whole premise. I’ll have to check it out. :thumbsup: 

• 4 weeks later...

Obi Wan... just excruciating. The sooner I forgot about this clumsy, poorly written, dreadfully performed and woefully directed shambles the better. There was not a single competent standalone episode and barely a handful of memorable moments or scenes. The writing was on the wall from the very beginning and those of us rubbernecking to slow down and view this speeder wreck were made to suffer.

I do not pay for Disney+, our household's cell phone provider have given us three six month free trials. They will never see a dime from me once it expires. Going on Twitter, the Mouse's sponsored hashtags, custom emojis and seeing an artificially constructed positive timeline from the mentally ill, dregs of society and shills boosted by bots portrays a more encompassing false reality than any dictator in human history has been able to achieve.

This whole ordeal of a toxic fan narrative, carefully orchestrated press releases to deflect criticism are the dishonest tactics of a true evil empire and if you're able to see through this deception when it comes to a silly Star Wars product you'll interpret the wider world in more clarity. 

Edited by Marc
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2022 at 5:31 AM, Marc said:

Obi Wan... just excruciating. The sooner I forgot about this clumsy, poorly written, dreadfully performed and woefully directed shambles the better. There was not a single competent standalone episode and barely a handful of memorable moments or scenes. The writing was on the wall from the very beginning and those of us rubbernecking to slow down and view this speeder wreck were made to suffer.

I do not pay for Disney+, our household's cell phone provider have given us three six month free trials. They will never see a dime from me once it expires. Going on Twitter, the Mouse's sponsored hashtags, custom emojis and seeing an artificially constructed positive timeline from the mentally ill, dregs of society and shills boosted by bots portrays a more encompassing false reality than any dictator in human history has been able to achieve.

This whole ordeal of a toxic fan narrative, carefully orchestrated press releases to deflect criticism are the dishonest tactics of a true evil empire and if you're able to see through this deception when it comes to a silly Star Wars product you'll interpret the wider world in more clarity. 

LOL,... you feel like you got burned, watching it all the way through, Marc?  
Disney will NEVER get to admitting it, but doing a Star Wars movie is an intensely difficult thing.  LOL, look, in spite of my love of the "real" films he made, even Lucas the story-master nearly failed with one or two of his releases. Disney still THINKS they don't need to study up on the mythology, or stick to established formats of telling the story like a matinee serial, that distinct camera techniques don't matter, and  that the audience will eat whatever you dump in their trough as it's flavored with white-armored troopers and lazer-swords.  
I am a FILM fan, and as long as Star Wars can stay at a high tier of "film" craft, I can give it my time and I can give it credit...but Disney's Star Wars market is not about film or craft, so without even watching any of the new stuff they produce, I'll agree with you by default, Marc.  But I'll exclude Ewan McGregor out of that, though.

I remember pieces of his performance in Trainspotting, light years ago.  I've seen him in one of those bizaro film mysteries that Roman Polanski produces from exile.  I saw him in his own tv travel series, leaving his wife and child safe in the UK while he and a buddy take two BMW motorcycles out on a Michael Palin type of adventure.  The man is one of those real-deal humans who can't possibly have the ability to pretend to be an nice person---because he genuinely IS a nice "good guys DON'T finish last" sort of human.  He's like what Phil Collins is for Genesis--he'll try anything once, and end up doing it in a superbly satisfying way for the audience, he's just such a damn complete and splendid human being (lucky is his wife).  
"What madman is going to commit acting suicide by taking over from Sir Alec Guinness as Ben?", was what I used to say when Phantom Menace was in production.  Yet this bloody fantastic Scotsman did it, gently crooning all of Alec's vocal inflections, while deliberately never overplaying Alec's voice---SPOT ON technical feat.  
There are so many times that the diehard Star Wars fans enjoyed the Clones and the Sith Revenge chapters, and didn't realize that McGregor's handling of Kenobi was anchoring us through even the clumsiest script scenes--he's that log at the bottom of the Chenga that you don't dare think to remove.

So the critics and the diehards are going to be falling over themselves to disagree with you, Marc.  I'll agree with you, but THEY won't.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Does anyone know what the hell is going on in “Westworld”?   1st season was faithful to the original movie but now I’m completely lost.

I know I'm late to the party but as of the past couple months I've been catching up with Dexter (first viewing ever). I got to the premier of season 6. EJO is in it as guest star :thumbsup:

I know many of you in this forum might have watched the whole series.
I wouldn't normally root for serial killers or wackos but this got me hooked just after the first two episodes. And cast is brilliant too, including guest stars. Jimmy Smiths was in S3 too.
I love James Remar as Harry too! (Robbie Cannata)...so much MV in this show!
Micheal C.Hall has that Mark Wahlberg vibe to him...

On a side note, Sgt Doakes is sort of 21st century Tubbs with 50lbs more muscle! :)

Very entertaining and suspenseful show keeping me on the edge of my seat most of the time. My main complaint however is lack of continuity between seasons. As if the show is resetting every time season after season with the same formula. Plots and new stories are thrown in and then dropped without any logic to divert your attention back to the main plot only to watch an anticlimactic season finale.

I gotta ask you a favor: please no spoilers on future episodes and seasons I'll have to go through for the first time.
Gonna start watching S1 breaking bad over the weekend as well (only 7 episodes).

Edited by sdiegolo78
  • Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Gonna start watching S1 breaking bad over the weekend as well (only 7 episodes).

If you haven’t seen “Breaking Bad” yet you are in for a treat my friend!

• Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 12:02 AM, Ferrariman said:

If you haven’t seen “Breaking Bad” yet you are in for a treat my friend!

Already watched 3 episodes and it's fantastic! I laughed my pants off most of the time.

Anyhow, Dexter as show really started getting downhill from late S5. Season 6 is not getting any better 4 episodes into it...will keep watching it just because EJO is in it.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, sdiegolo78 said:

Already watched 3 episodes and it's fantastic! I laughed my pants off most of the time.

Anyhow, Dexter as show really started getting downhill from late S5. Season 6 is not getting any better 4 episodes into it...will keep watching it just because EJO is in it.

Never saw Dexter but I can tell you that “Breaking Bad” is awesome right to the end!

• Like 1